Tempest Trials+: Ice & Flame 5

Diovani Bressan

A new Tempest Trials+ is coming, titled "Ice & Flame 5"! 

SuC4egP.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Ninja Female Corrin (& Ninja Elise), Ninja Male Corrin, Ninja Shinon, Ninja Igrene, Ninja Shamir, Female Corrin, Elise and Shinon.

Mcd5SkD.jpg

Ninja Shamir's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

bjT7m0t.jpg

A knight of Seiros who lived as a mercenary in her past. She carries out her duties, speaking
no more than is necessary—a perfect quality fora ninja. Appears in Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

B2kSAfs.pngShuriken Cleaver+ (Might: 9 / Range: 1)
Inflicts Def/Res-4. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice, and also,
if unit's Spd > foe's Spd, deals damage = 50% of difference between stats.
(Maximum bonus of +4 damage.)

O8M3yvV.pngGlimmer
 Boosts damage dealt by 50%.

DqYwcxw.pngAtk/Spd 2
 Grants Atk/Spd+2.

2kWM6d0.pngAtk/Spd Oath 3
At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd+5 to unit for 1 turn.

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

pmcrhEZ.png Atk/Res Form 3
If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Res+X to unit during combat
(X = 2 × number of allies within 2 spaces, + 1; max 7).

5zPjrXl.pngWard Beasts
Grants Def/Res+4 to beast allies within 2 spaces during combat.

You can also earn some Divine Codes: Ephemera 11 by reaching the 6,000 score, and an Earth Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

FINAL MAP, BOSS STATS AND SKILLS:

Spoiler

wSyRG3p.png

The next and final event in the series, titled Ice & Flame Finale (FINALLY!), is scheduled for Ver. 6.0.0. Because the story of Ice & Flame is told through a series of events,
you will be able to view the story on the Tempest Trials+ event page after the event is over, even if you didn't participate in it.

Regarding that map boss...well dang.

Spoiler

I wonder if this means her story will get wrapped up here instead of in the main story. I don't think that will be the case, but she'll probably at least have a lot to think about since we may be fighting her because the twilight runes weren't fulfilled and Thorr was all "but Alfador said so, so I should try to make them come true," realizing in the end that Alfador's runes may not be as absolute as she used to think, thus making her question whether or not she should continue to support him. She does, after all, have a soft spot for mortals(' potential.)

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm this will be the last ice and fire chapter in a while. I was never very fond of it or any character involved. I still feel betrayed that Muspel isn't literally like Angry Sun from Mario like Sharena promised us. 

It's not the last chapter yet. The next one will be the last Ice and Fire.

Seals this time don't really look that good though I suppose I could find some use for Atk/Res Form. Shamir herself isn't really that interesting for those like me who already invested in Ninja Hana or for those who built up Echidna nor is her fodder good besides her axe. I will be glad when Ice and Flame is over since Fjorm was always such a flat and uninteresting character and this sub story did nothing to change my opinion of her. Hopefully if they are doing more like this the next one focuses on Eir or even Peony.

...okay the seals kinda suck, not gonna lie.

I already don't use Goad/Ward seals ever, and there's really not any Beast units that I use in tandem with other Beast units THAT close to each other. I suppose Kaden might make a good holder of it, since he already has good supportive potency, but he's about the only one I can think of...

Form skills are alright I guess? I also don't really use them though...

36 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Form skills are alright I guess? I also don't really use them though...

The most notable use for the Form skill Sacred Seals is on Save tanks since it's trivially easy to get them in range of 2 allies, and they grant the highest maximum stat boost out of all Sacred Seals. We just have to wait for more of them to be released.

I've actually been getting into form skills, honestly. I think they're really neat, and it's easy to invest them into low-budget units. Super easy to stack, too.

As for the boss...

Spoiler

I'm surprised it wasn't Ascended Laegjarn as was probably expected. Still, it's welcome to finally get more art of Thórr after, what, 2 years? I'm also glad to see that they've differentiated her Mjölnir from Ishtar's... with two words of text, but still. Can't wait to see how she becomes playable and with what skills (considering she has Guard, I wouldn't be surprised if an upgraded version of Guard came out [which would also probably make it the first B-Slot skill to be surrounded by the yellow border, if that's what happens]).

11 hours ago, indigoasis said:

As for the boss...

Reveal hidden contents

I'm surprised it wasn't Ascended Laegjarn as was probably expected. Still, it's welcome to finally get more art of Thórr after, what, 2 years? I'm also glad to see that they've differentiated her Mjölnir from Ishtar's... with two words of text, but still. Can't wait to see how she becomes playable and with what skills (considering she has Guard, I wouldn't be surprised if an upgraded version of Guard came out [which would also probably make it the first B-Slot skill to be surrounded by the yellow border, if that's what happens]).

Neat thoughts.

Spoiler

As for Ascended Laegjarn, we'll probably get her around the time the final comes out, and amongst the associated "New Heroes" heroes. Tier 4 Guard sounds like an interesting idea; maybe it'd be sort of like Guard plus the stance skills?

Edit:

So, I finally put together a regular-use Griel's Mercenaries team for this. This one has regular Shinon, Gatrie, regular Soren, and Fallen Ike on it. Turns out not to be a bad team, despite not having a healer or dancer on it! It helps, I think, that Fallen Ike is +spd, Gatrie is +def, both are +1, and Soren is +10. It's been a while since I've used Soren, and I hadn't finished building Gatrie (especially, but Shinon and Ike, too) before now. This is fun! I even got a +atk regular Ike (whom I now need to decide whether or not to make the base for mine) as a 4* special rate when summoning for Shinon, so this event feels oddly themed for me.

Edited by Mercakete

My Legendary Fae has zero trouble face-tanking Thorr.

I'm currently running a team of Legendary Fae (base kit plus Mystic Boost), Legendary Corrin (base kit plus Steady Breath), Nifl (Atk/Spd Catch + Atk/Spd Solo), and Elise, and they're curbstomping everything.

19 hours ago, indigoasis said:

I'm also glad to see that they've differentiated her Mjölnir from Ishtar's... with two words of text, but still.

It's a moot point in Japanese, where the weapons have completely different names; however, the weapon still has a prefix in Japanese, most likely to differentiate it from Fates's Mjolnir, which is also a completely different weapon from either of them.

Jugdral's Mjolnir is "トールハンマー" (tōruhanmā), "Thor Hammer".

Fates's Mjolnir is "ミョルニル" (myoruniru), "Mjolnir".

Thorr's Mjolnir is "神槌ミョルニル" (shintsui myoruniru), "Divine Hammer Mjolnir".

In Japanese, the only weapons that share a name are the three Falchions. In English, the only weapons that share a name are the three Falchions and the two Missiletainns.

Edited by Ice Dragon

The seals this time aren't anything super impressive, but I do like the Form seals so that's nice. Ninja Shamir is eh, I already have a +10 Ninja Hana with max DF and I don't like Shamir's art all that much, so eh. 

As for clearing, I'm doing it manually with 12!Leif, Charlotte, Summer Tana and a 3* F!Corrin. Tana's refine is really fun to use and I think she'll fit perfectly on the A!Fjorm save ball I'm using right now, so now it's just a matter of grinding SP to improve Tana's skillset. Thorr is a non issue because Leif easily one rounds her.

Edited by Alexmender

Another reason I don't quite like these fire and ice events is that it forces one character on the banner to get the short end of the stick. Usually the characters that don't really get to do anything in the paralogue would be the focus of the Tempest trials. Ashe and Caspar weren't involved much with the Deer bickering for instance so they got to go fishing in the tempest trial. But now Shinon clearly doesn't have anything to do in the banner, and he still doesn't in the tempest trials. Kind of a waste for Shinon fans .

Spoiler

Mmmh, so we finally get to fight Thorr. I was wondering how they’ll be calling her weapon, since Mjolnir is taken. Guess adding a tittle is considered a new name XD. Welcome surprise, but still yet another month for Ascended Laegjarn 

42 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I was wondering how they’ll be calling her weapon, since Mjolnir is taken. Guess adding a tittle is considered a new name XD.

This is actually the third time they've released a weapon that has the name of an existing weapon in English, but a different name in Japanese.

The first was Excalibur, where Merric and Sonya's version is "エクスカリバー" (ekusukaribā), "Excalibur", and Nino's version is "ギガスカリバー" (gigasukaribā), "Gigascalibur". Gigascalibur was localized as "Excalibur" in the English release of Blazing Sword, resulting in the version in Heroes taking a pseudo-prefixed name "Giga Excalibur".

The second was Thoron, where the generic weapon is "トロン" (toron), "Thoron", and Tailiu's version is トローン (torōn), "Thoron". The former is the spelling used in all games except Genealogy, whereas the latter is the spelling used in Genealogy. No idea why the spelling is different in Genealogy and only in Genealogy, but it's worth noting that spelling is not one of Genealogy's strong suits, like how the Jormungand tome is spelled ヨツムンガンド (yotsumungando), "Jotmungand", (though unlike Thoron, the spelling was not fixed in Thracia).

This is also the second time they've released a weapon that is distinctly different from a weapon of the same name in Japanese.

The first was Missletainn, where Ophelia's version was named "魔書ミステルティン" (masho misuterutin), "Magic Tome Mysteltinn", and Owain's version was named "ミステルティン", "Mysteltinn".

This is also possibly the fifth time (assuming I haven't forgotten any) they've released a weapon with a prefixed name where the un-prefixed name is not yet used (including as an enemy-only weapon).

Dorcas's Stout Tomahawk is "剛斧トマホーク" (gōfu tomahōku), "Sturdy Axe, Tomahawk". The base name is still unused, presumably held for Murdock.

Ophelia's Missiletainn is "魔書ミステルティン" (masho misuterutin), "Magic Tome Mysteltinn". The base name was later used for Owain's weapon. Also, as bonus trivia, I can't imagine this is not a deliberate pun in Japanese (as opposed to just a deliberate misspelling), but the first half in Japanese is pronounced like 見捨てる (misuteru), "to abandon".

Legendary Celica's Saintly Seraphim is "天聖エンジェル" (tensei enjeru), "Heaven's Saint, Angel". The base name is still unused.

Ulir's Holy Yewfelle is "聖弓イチイバル" (seikyū ichiibaru), "Holy Bow, Ichii-Bal". The base name is still unused, presumably held for Briggid.

13 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Another reason I don't quite like these fire and ice events is that it forces one character on the banner to get the short end of the stick. Usually the characters that don't really get to do anything in the paralogue would be the focus of the Tempest trials. Ashe and Caspar weren't involved much with the Deer bickering for instance so they got to go fishing in the tempest trial. But now Shinon clearly doesn't have anything to do in the banner, and he still doesn't in the tempest trials. Kind of a waste for Shinon fans .

Good point, but it's also true that the previous book-focus characters and countries could use this. I think maybe the best way to handle it would be to make a new mode for visiting previous countries to see what they've been up to since the focus. (I.e., we could have a sort of town-building simulator for the restoration of Nifl and Muspell, and at certain restoration benchmarks, get story updates on how the characters there are doing. The same works for...all of, them, really. After book 3, we need to see how Hel is doing since its ruler and namesake are gone, after book 4, dreams and nightmares are probably a mess and need to be tended to by the fairies (we can also get updates on how Lif's gang is doing this way, leaving it vague to build up to when they inevitably take on Alfador), and obviously both dwarf land and giant land will be in need of rebuilding (for the former) and getting the new queen-to-be prepared for queenship (for the latter.) Besides Hel, all the other book locations have a direct counterpart that could make this interesting, too. Like, maybe dreams are randomly occurring in nightmares and nightmares in dreams, and so Peony and Triandra need to coordinate every now and then to get things sorted. Same with Nifl and Muspell helping each other to rebuild, and Jotunnheimr helping Dvergr (or whatever it was called; for some reason, I have a really hard time remembering that place's name.))

Anyway, that said, it's not like Shinon got no focus in the paralogues, but it was certainly a small role. I'm just happy that he and Shamir got to talk archer a little bit. I do wish it was more FB-esque, but I technically got what I wanted, so I'll be satisfied with that.

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is actually the third time they've released a weapon that has the name of an existing weapon in English, but a different name in Japanese.

The first was Excalibur, where Merric and Sonya's version is "エクスカリバー" (ekusukaribā), "Excalibur", and Nino's version is "ギガスカリバー" (gigasukaribā), "Gigascalibur". Gigascalibur was localized as "Excalibur" in the English release of Blazing Sword, resulting in the version in Heroes taking a pseudo-prefixed name "Giga Excalibur".

The second was Thoron, where the generic weapon is "トロン" (toron), "Thoron", and Tailiu's version is トローン (torōn), "Thoron". The former is the spelling used in all games except Genealogy, whereas the latter is the spelling used in Genealogy. No idea why the spelling is different in Genealogy and only in Genealogy, but it's worth noting that spelling is not one of Genealogy's strong suits, like how the Jormungand tome is spelled ヨツムンガンド (yotsumungando), "Jotmungand", (though unlike Thoron, the spelling was not fixed in Thracia).

This is also the second time they've released a weapon that is distinctly different from a weapon of the same name in Japanese.

The first was Missletainn, where Ophelia's version was named "魔書ミステルティン" (masho misuterutin), "Magic Tome Mysteltinn", and Owain's version was named "ミステルティン", "Mysteltinn".

This is also possibly the fifth time (assuming I haven't forgotten any) they've released a weapon with a prefixed name where the un-prefixed name is not yet used (including as an enemy-only weapon).

Dorcas's Stout Tomahawk is "剛斧トマホーク" (gōfu tomahōku), "Sturdy Axe, Tomahawk". The base name is still unused, presumably held for Murdock.

Ophelia's Missiletainn is "魔書ミステルティン" (masho misuterutin), "Magic Tome Mysteltinn". The base name was later used for Owain's weapon. Also, as bonus trivia, I can't imagine this is not a deliberate pun in Japanese (as opposed to just a deliberate misspelling), but the first half in Japanese is pronounced like 見捨てる (misuteru), "to abandon".

Legendary Celica's Saintly Seraphim is "天聖エンジェル" (tensei enjeru), "Heaven's Saint, Angel". The base name is still unused.

Ulir's Holy Yewfelle is "聖弓イチイバル" (seikyū ichiibaru), "Holy Bow, Ichii-Bal". The base name is still unused, presumably held for Briggid.

Yeah, but we are talking about one of the most well known mythological weapons in history, whose name was already taken in the franchise centuries ago. Then the actual Thor, with an extra “r”, and two extra..... “assets”, shows up. I was wondering how they were gonna name her weapon

On 11/4/2021 at 12:26 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

The next and final event in the series, titled Ice & Flame Finale, is scheduled for Ver. 6.0.0

Wait, what? Doesn't this mean we're getting two NH Banners back to back (one for Book 5 Chapter 13 and another for Book 6)? Has that happened any other time in the past two years?

Edited by DefyingFates

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, what? Doesn't this mean we're getting two NH Banners back to back (one for Book 5 Chapter 13 and another for Book 6)? Has that happened any other time in the past two years?

We got "Princess of Bern" Banner for Book 4 Chapter 13, and then Book 5 started with "Reginn & More".

I expect the same thing to happen this year: a new Heroes for Ch 13 of Book 5, then another New Heroes for Book 6 Ch 1-2, and then we get the Winter banner with the last part of the Ice & Flame TT.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

We got "Princess of Bern" Banner for Book 4 Chapter 13, and then Book 5 started with "Reginn & More".

I expect the same thing to happen this year: a new Heroes for Ch 13 of Book 5, then another New Heroes for Book 6 Ch 1-2, and then we get the Winter banner with the last part of the Ice & Flame TT.

Thanks! So we're going a little over a month with no Seasonal Banner. I wonder if they'll jump into a Book 3 continuation or something, or if we'll get some fluff stories first. This would be a decent way to tell Team Lif's story, for example.

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Thanks! So we're going a little over a month with no Seasonal Banner. I wonder if they'll jump into a Book 3 continuation or something, or if we'll get some fluff stories first. This would be a decent way to tell Team Lif's story, for example.

To compensate, Winter banner and New Year Banner are in a row, so a month without New Heroes too.

I would like a TT story with focus on Líf. Or something related to the consequences of killing Hel and leaving the Realm of the Dead without a Ruler (Eir stayed with the Order of Heroes after Book 3 ended).

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

They did the same thing in 2019 with the Igrene banner (which had no chapter, or even a Paralogue, tied to it because Book III was already over) being followed by Peony & More.

And as a general note: the Winter seasonal has always been released in the middle of December.