Rumoured FE games in development

Lynsanity

Insofar as leakers can be credible, markomaro is considered a credible one having predicted the Famicom Detective Club remakes and their launch date. They have this to say about upcoming Fire Emblem titles: 

Spoiler

I'm curious to know what Serenes Foresters make of this. I don't have a twitter account so I'm not up on the discussion there, haha. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally have no interest in rumors. If it's not a New Mystery localization release, its not important. What comes out is what comes out.

Then it'll be Genealogy and I'll rant about how much I don't like the game

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Aw sweet, are we getting a New Mystery + Shadow Dragon echoes Switch port?

Please do not give me false hope. I'd do almost anything for that. Think of all the remastered soundtracks that we'll never get to listen to from copyright strikes.

16 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I'll make a review of that one too eventually.

16 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Please do not give me false hope. I'd do almost anything for that. Think of all the remastered soundtracks that we'll never get to listen to from copyright strikes.

You must suffer as I do. If an FE4+FE5 or FE6+FE7 remake I'm gonna pissed at Inbred Systems for being boring and dumb and boring and lame and also boring.

Aw frick it might even be a Tellius remake, which would not only be a boring choice, but a boring game.

Although, it's funny. FE11+FE12 (or some other kind of Marth's games remake) would be the only such pair where both games are good. FE4, FE7, and FE9 are all pretty bad games, but I actually like FE6 and FE10, and FE5 could be fun.

19 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

You and me both friend.

I heard someone say a new game, a remake and a spinoff. I can't really think of any other spinoff then FEW2.

I am not very inclined to put much stock in rumors. And until we get more info, that's exactly what we've got.

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Although, it's funny. FE11+FE12 (or some other kind of Marth's games remake) would be the only such pair where both games are good. FE4, FE7, and FE9 are all pretty bad games, but I actually like FE6 and FE10, and FE5 could be fun.

I couldn't agree more.

Although I would appreciate an FE7 remake purely for the return of triple effective damage so my man Will can actually do things 

9 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I heard someone say a new game, a remake and a spinoff.

Since the post is about the rumors, I'll mention what I'd want if that part is true. While I'm not particularly against it, I don't want the new game be related to 3 Houses. I'd prefer new content over attempts to plug in holes in the original plot or unexplained lore. They'd probably just add inconsistencies anyways. As for the remake, I obviously would want a way to play New Mystery locally, but since its already a remake and other games are infinitely more likely to be remade, I'll go with Binding Blade. They can give Roy a lot more character like with Alm, and increase the hit rates. That's it. Easy A or S tier. I'd be down for that.

5 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I can't really think of any other spinoff then FEW2.

Gun Fire Emblem. Self explanatory.

1 minute ago, Shaky Jones said:

Gun Fire Emblem.

Gun Emblem

I'd prefer new content over attempts to plug in holes in the original plot or unexplained lore. They'd probably just add inconsistencies anyways.

I mean, this is the studio which took a game as simple as FE6 and managed to add plotholes and lore problems with FE7.

Watch the remakes be Awakening and Fates, and the spin-off a Sci-Fi blend Zone of the Enders style to finally have that "FE on Mars" idea come into fruition.

Okay, now for the serious comments... uh... I'll get you back on this...

Since the post is about the rumors, I'll mention what I'd want if that part is true. While I'm not particularly against it, I don't want the new game be related to 3 Houses. I'd prefer new content over attempts to plug in holes in the original plot or unexplained lore. They'd probably just add inconsistencies anyways. As for the remake, I obviously would want a way to play New Mystery locally, but since its already a remake and other games are infinitely more likely to be remade, I'll go with Binding Blade. They can give Roy a lot more character like with Alm, and increase the hit rates. That's it. Easy A or S tier. I'd be down for that.

I think a New Mystery is more likely then SS, that is all I want a SS remake.

2 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Gun Fire Emblem. Self explanatory.

I hope not, Valkyria Chronicles already exist and it would be another in the list of games I like being spunoff into a genre I hate.

You know, actually, I wouldn't mind if the remakes were to be Marth's games again. Not just to finally have New Mystery localized. In fact, I'd find it kinda neat if it means we Westerners also get the original experience of:

Marth's first adventure > Alm's adventure > Marth's second adventure packaged with the first one too

It'd be... oddly poetic we missed New Mystery's localization to end up with this course of events...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Would love nothing more than for Markomaro to be right, because it could mean FEW2 is a thing.

But if I were a Nintendo/Koei decision maker, I know I'd get Pokemon Warriors out this console generation, then sequels to Pokemon and Fire Emblem Warriors next generation. Just makes more financial sense.

While I believe there is credibility and some accuracy to the leak, I'm wary on the "2-in-1" thing. The Jugdral games play way too differently for this idea to make sense, the Elibe games are barely actually connected, the Tellius games are way too big, and the Archanea games were already remade. And all of them would suffer from needing to condense 2 games down into 1; if this part of the leak is completely true, we're not getting a full remake of either game. I would sooner guess that this part of the leak is not 100% accurate.

If the new game improves on TH's mechanics like Fates improved on Awakening's, I'll probably be happy with it.

Can't imagine what the spin-off would be aside from Warriors 2 or Fodlan Warriors.

Well I can't say that would be unprecedented. January 2017 saw the announcement of Four Fire Emblem games (Warriors, Echoes, FE Switch, and Heroes in that order, across just two events). I don't place any expectations on nintendo rumors, ever, but I'd love to see a non-spinoff Fire Emblem game in the near future.

The idea that there was a second Echoes title in active development for the 3DS is baffling however. I know Fire Emblem is the poster child of releasing games on outdated hardware, but I also know from interviews that Shadows of Valentia got the greenlight specifically because it was too early to get their hands on a Nintendo NX dev kit. So with nothing to work on during the interim they went with a remake they could develop quickly. By the time they finished development on Echoes, the Switch would have been out, so they naturally could have begun work on a game for it.

57 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

and the spin-off a Sci-Fi blend Zone of the Enders style to finally have that "FE on Mars" idea come into fruition.

Prince Mars is out to conquer Mars.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

16 minutes ago, Florete said:

Can't imagine what the spin-off would be aside from Warriors 2 or Fodlan Warriors.

2D fighter

3D arena fighter

Platform fighter

Diablo-like

Battle royale (pls no)

Traditional turn-based JRPG

Action JRPG

Souls-like

Civilization-style 4X strategy

Total War style RTS

And for laughs, all the ones that are definitely not happening:

Cavalier Racing

Marthio Party

Martha Stewart Cooking

Byleth's Tea Time Extravaganza

Felix Wright - Ace Attorney

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

2D fighter

3D arena fighter

Platform fighter

Diablo-like

Battle royale (pls no)

Traditional turn-based JRPG

Action RPG

I said would be, not could be. I can't imagine it would actually be any of those.

Wasn't there something officially stated about a scrapped Binding Blade remake on the 3DS? Or, something about that's what they would have wanted to make, if they got to? Could we be getting an Elibe Echoes with Binding and Blazing? I might be misremembering that, though. I feel like Genealogy and Thracia are the more likely duo, should this rumor be true.

I hope it is true, though. I've been craving some new Fire Emblem content. I'd love to see Warriors 2 with more games/characters involved, I'd love to see a new game, and I'd be down for a Genealogy/Thracia or Binding/Blazing remake. My one, singular fear is what they'd do to Lyn in Binding. She must survive, dammit.

I'm wary of alleged leaks at the best of times, but doubly so when they're fairly vague. Why say that there's going to be a two in one remake but not say which two games it's going to be? What are the circumstances of this supposed leak that allowed this person to discover that it was a two in one but didn't let them find out which games? And at the same time, they also claim to know that there's going to be a spin-off of some description but absolutely no details at all beyond that. It's not impossible, but it's certainly weird enough to make me sceptical. Even more so than I would have been already.

I am taking these "leaks" with a shovel of salt. While I don`t doubt that one game could be in development, all three being so at the same time seems a bit too good to be true. I wanna believe something is in development, but until we get an official confirmation, I won`t get my hopes up.

Of all the claims, the two-in-one remake is the most dubious to me. Why would they choose to remake two games at once and put them in the same package? 

2 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

I am taking these "leaks" with a shovel of salt. While I don`t doubt that one game could be in development, all three being so at the same time seems a bit too good to be true. I wanna believe something is in development, but until we get an official confirmation, I won`t get my hopes up.

Of all the claims, the two-in-one remake is the most dubious to me. Why would they choose to remake two games at once and put them in the same package? 

Well, I think there are cases to be made.

PoR and RD would take the least work of all FEs to be remade. They have the best foundations, and would basically just require a graphics & QoL bump (plus supports for RD). You could potentially remake both faster than one good remake for Geneology or Binding Blade. They are also part of one complete story, and make sense as such. The "too big" comment holds no merit - GC/Wii files are miniscule compared to what we're working with now.

The case for Thracia in Geneology is simple. There is no scenario in which Thracia sells on its own, and they have no confidence in it. It piggybacks Geneology, or it doesn't happen at all.

The case for Blazing and Binding together is dubious at best. They really are separate games, and the only reason to want this is to play up the inheritance/generations angle in Blazing with new characters. Which may be something IS wants, but it also sounds both ambitious and likely to go over badly.

That reminds me. Something I forgot to mention in my original post.

The only way I can see the 2-in-1 thing panning out is if it's not really a remake, but more a remaster of the Tellius games. Spruce up the graphics, add voice acting, supports, and some other fine touches and that can work. It's also much better than trying to fully remake them to be sold in a single package.

11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The case for Thracia in Geneology is simple. There is no scenario in which Thracia sells on its own, and they have no confidence in it. It piggybacks Geneology, or it doesn't happen at all.

Hey, they have Reinhardt now.

Seriously, though, they remade Gaiden and sold it on its own. Thracia would even have the advantage of coming after a theoretical Genealogy remake and having some recognizable characters as a result.

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Hey, they have Reinhardt now.

Seriously, though, they remade Gaiden and sold it on its own. Thracia would even have the advantage of coming after a theoretical Genealogy remake and having some recognizable characters as a result.

It's not like I'm opposed to it. Anything is better than Gaiden. Anything.

Lol why would they do SD + NM? They've already remade each book of the Archanea Saga 2-3 times, it would be a massive wasted opportunity to not get the older games out there. Then again, the fact NM has no official localised release does make it a distant possibility. FE4/FE5 doesn't make much sense given how different the two games are, and FE5 does continue into the second generation a couple of chapters so I don't know how that would work either. 

Tellius is pretty plausible, but PoR/RD still hold up very well compared to older games. Sure, that means that they don't require as much effort to match modern day standards, but I feel like it also means there's less incentive to remake them. Also, both are officially localised.

Elibe sounds the most likely to me. Binding Blade isn't localised and Roy continues to be very popular with the fanbase thanks to Smash; furthermore, there is potential for child inheritance which IS loves as we all know. Like, you pair up Rebecca and Sain for more strength on Wolt or something. The director of the team that worked on SoV has gone on record that he wants to remake Binding Blade the most too. 

Edited by YourBoyRoy
spelling errors

Fire Emblem is one of my top franchises, and I love the rumors, but I'm skeptical of most of them.

December 18 - Markomaro buckled down on the FE Echoes remake prediction from previous years. (They previously supported 6/7 being remade.)

January 13 - NateTheHate states on his Podcast/YouTube episode that there are two FE games in development. One will be by the 3H team and be more ambitious and will come out in 2022, while the second game is a Genealogy remake by IntSys' FE team and will come out in 2023 most likely. 

January 18 (sorry I can't go too far down on Twitter without being logged in, and I'm not on my computer) - Samus Hunter talks about two games being in development but thinks that two games in two years is a little too much.*

January 21 - Rogers Base echoes NateTheHate's findings. It's unclear to me if he's simply echoing the information, claiming it as his own, or if he has his own sources. 

February 2 - Markomaro adjusts their prediction by adding an original game and a spin-off to the remake prediction. Marko still believes the Echoes remake will be two games combined.

So, in the span of about a month, we've gone from one rumored remake, to an original game and a remake, to THREE games in a spin-off (of an unconfirmed variety), a remake (that's supposed to be two games combined and/or a Genealogy remake), and an original game. 

This feels more like an escalation thing rather than accurate leaking. And yeah, we've had 4** games revealed in one Direct, but that was a Fire Emblem Direct. Unless we're having one of those again (which we very well could, but I think linking it with a FEH Channel may have been a smart move if that was the case), I don't see three FE games confirmed in one Direct. Two, yeah, I can see that, but three is a bit much. But my inner cynic now says that if one day a new spin-off is revealed, Markomaro can claim he predicted it first or whatnot. 

So yeah, these rumors are great, and I'm really enjoying them. They hype me up for that potential Direct this month, but I'm not sure I trust any of them. NateTheHate is the most believable to me, but we'll see how it all pans out. 

*To quote (grammatical errors and all)

I know that a Fire Emblem title is in development from the Switch since 2018 (this time with the core team of Intelligent System), I talked about that but originally there was a plan for a Genealogy of the Holy War remake on the 3DS that got scrapped in 2018...

...the game was originally intended to introduce new characters game mechanics and lore. I thought they moved the project to the Switch, but they might changed the plans all together. What I know is that IS wanted to maintain roughly 2 year gap with each titles but covid delayed

a lot of the planned schedule, and thigns like voice acting were a huge obstacles given the high number of dialgues of each entries. So in the end you can expect a Fire Emblem game this year the game should be in a good state, but two titles in two years are a bit too much. 

**Markomaro counts FE Warriors twice when AFAIK, the 3DS and Switch versions are the same game. This isn't a Spider-Man 3 scenario where the PS3/Xbox 360 version and the Wii version are completely different games. So we had Heroes, Warriors, FE Switch (later revealed to be Three Houses), and SoV. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

PoR and RD would take the least work of all FEs to be remade. They have the best foundations, and would basically just require a graphics & QoL bump (plus supports for RD). You could potentially remake both faster than one good remake for Geneology or Binding Blade. They are also part of one complete story, and make sense as such. The "too big" comment holds no merit - GC/Wii files are miniscule compared to what we're working with now.

The case for Blazing and Binding together is dubious at best. They really are separate games, and the only reason to want this is to play up the inheritance/generations angle in Blazing with new characters. Which may be something IS wants, but it also sounds both ambitious and likely to go over badly.

Fair enough, I guess it could work for the Tellius duology. Heck, it could even make stuff like transfers easier to manage.

I mean, Gaiden`s remake sold really well on its own, and that is disliked MUCH more than Thracia from what I have seen. There would also be the issue of FE4 and FE5`s clashing gameplay styles. The latter plays more like a traditional FE game, while the former has the infamous huge maps and besieging several castles per map.

And even then, very few characters would actually benefit from a inheritance system (Roy, Lilina, Wolt and Sue come to mind).