I find it really weird Hannenman has romantic paired endings with the students

♠Soul♠

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

All the names of the characters are supposed to be obfuscated references to Awakening characters. Cromwell instead of Chrom, Richard instead of Ricken. That is a nice little coincidence, though. Did you enjoy the story?

NO but u have artistic freedom, as I don't need to remind you.

Different strokes for different folks. I find taboos to be worth breaking since they are petty and vain, and are often used to belittle people who are just different. My friend is in a relationship with a person who is much older and there is nothing wrong with that. While I would not want to marry a much older woman because I want to have kids, I would not mind dating them or having a fun fling. A few wrinkles and gray hair honestly is not that big of a deal, and you do not have to worry about pregnancy. If they are super old and have a bunch of wrinkles, then yeah, it is going to turn me off, but I am not going to tell a person to avoid dating a super old person if that is who they truly love.

As for the teacher-student thing and power dynamics in general, I do not have an issue with it either as long as there is no coercion involved. If both parties consent, it is not any of my business to dictate who they can or cannot sleep with.

8 hours ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

Just as the guy with the weird pink tuxedo guy avatar, I do agree with him. You're downplaying the massive age gap. It has nothing to do with "power dynamics". I could careless if one was a teacher but it's only like a 5 year difference at worst (ie with Byleth). Hannenman has close to a 40 year age gap on a lot of them. It looks really weird, especially considering it's just a videogame... who's even into that? Yeah, some weird people, but that's like a very small minority. It's not like Hannenman is even particularly attractive.

And again, Gunther being able to support Corrin isn't any less weird or uncomfterble. I don't think anyone denied that or said it's perfectly fine.

Who's into it? Well Edelgard and Dorothea it seems, if what someone said about them being the only romantic ones is true. It's also not 40 years, it's closer to 30. Edelgard is 23 post time skip and Dorothea is 24, while Hanneman is 56, so 33/32 year difference. But even if it were 40 years, so what? No one is making you support them and it's not like there's any dubious consent issues in such a pairing.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:43 PM, Original Johan Liebert said:

NO but u have artistic freedom, as I don't need to remind you.

I appreciate your honesty, good sir.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:53 PM, XRay said:

I find taboos to be worth breaking since they are petty and vain

This kind of thinking is self-serving and arrogant.

Reminder that Crowley is cringe because he is "a victorian fuckaround whose ideas were very convenient for himself".

21 hours ago, Jotari said:

Who's into it? Well Edelgard and Dorothea it seems, if what someone said about them being the only romantic ones is true. It's also not 40 years, it's closer to 30. Edelgard is 23 post time skip and Dorothea is 24, while Hanneman is 56, so 33/32 year difference. But even if it were 40 years, so what? No one is making you support them and it's not like there's any dubious consent issues in such a pairing.

"Who? Well, fictional characters of course!"

Man, I hate answers like that. NB: The question itself doesn't matter, I just despise this kind of retort with my entire soul.

"40? Nah, 30."

Not the point. You're being so literal you're missing the argument entirely.

"Dubious consent."

Also not the point. This is just reading a tangential issue into the discussion that wasn't there before.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I'm guessing it's too obvious to bring up the President of France.

Anyway, this all reminds me how recently over here a teacher/syndicalist/politician in her mid 70's or so married someone who is 41. Her lawyer of when she was on trial which she got charges cleared back in 2018. Sure, the lawyer wasn't her student at any point, but it got me thinking since there's also a decades-long gap. Then again, I don't really know just what's truly going on in that relationship...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

"Who? Well, fictional characters of course!"

Man, I hate answers like that. NB: The question itself doesn't matter, I just despise this kind of retort with my entire soul.

Well real people too, obviously. I've already divulged that there's a significant age gap between myself and my SO.

"40? Nah, 30."

Not the point. You're being so literal you're missing the argument entirely.

Well that was just pedantisism. I did say that even if it were 40 nothing would actually change about the logic I'm working under.

"Dubious consent."

Also not the point. This is just reading a tangential issue into the discussion that wasn't there before.

What is the point then? Because consent and abuse of power are the only things that really seem important to me when it comes to talking about whether a  relationship is inherently problematic.

Edited by Jotari

AnonymousSpeed I didn't dislike ur story because it was good/bad, I disliked it because I didn't enjoy it. It involves making judgments about people and even though I try not to judge sometimes I do, so in this case interacting with it was emotionally painful.