What type of DLC do you think this game will have?

DLC Expectations/Wants  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What character DLC you expect

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base game
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  2. 2. What character DLC do you want

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  3. 3. What kind of content dlc do you expect?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  4. 4. What kind of content dlc do you want?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  5. 5. Will there be new playable classes added in DLC?

• New classes
    • Returning classes from older FEs
    • Unused classes from 3H
    • None

On 11/6/2022 at 8:44 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Let's be real -Warriors 2 is at least half a decade and a console generation away. No one interested is going to be like "I would have gotten this game, but I got to play a handful of these characters years ago on weaker hardware, so nah."

As for the other point, I'd argue that the risk was substantially larger in Engage's style/lighting, and they pulled that off.

I liked how the lords look in Engage's style and modeling more. They pulled it off in a way I tolerate (even then, it's still mixed) because the models are just better on average. They'll look ugly in Fodlan. They don't belong in this game, after so long people who wanted Ike would just be stuck with ugly modeling and shading, along with 100% getting the Sothis treatment of having 0 supports. Because Three Hopes isn't about being a crossover.

Edited by Seazas

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some looking around about the latest patch,,,

Ver. 1.0.2 (Released November 6, 2022)
General
-- Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze when save data from the demo version was imported into the full version of the game using certain steps.
-- Fixed an issue that caused the end credits for the incorrect storyline to play when certain gameplay steps were taken.
-- Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze when attempting to equip Battalions under certain circumstances.
-- Fixed an issue that blocked battle progression under certain circumstances.
-- Fixed several other issues to improve gameplay.

Source: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58993/

Apparently Apex Skills are fixed (From Gamefaqs, 140% Before Patch, 240% After Patch, 320% with & Grievous Blow), which can be pretty important for those still trying out builds for Three Hopes.

I'm personally intrigued about the end credits section, as I originally wondered if it revolved around recruiting Byleth or not (I got the "Good Ending" regardless, although I did recruit everyone). I haven't touched the game in a while or to test a "Kill Every Last One of Them" run to see if that nets the "Bad Ending," as I'm holding out for DLC to play more.

Regarding Outrealms for Three Hopes, I'm personally against it. Let Three Houses be its stand-alone universe. FE Warriors 2 can be the crossover game and hopefully be better than the first.

Edited by Sire

37 minutes ago, Sire said:

I'm personally intrigued about the end credits section, as I originally wondered if it revolved around recruiting Byleth or not

I always got the Black Eagles' credits sequence regardless of which House I actually went with. I imagine that's what got fixed.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

Did some looking around about the latest patch,,,

Apparently Apex Skills are fixed (From Gamefaqs, 140% Before Patch, 240% After Patch, 320% with & Grievous Blow), which can be pretty important for those still trying out builds for Three Hopes.

I'm personally intrigued about the end credits section, as I originally wondered if it revolved around recruiting Byleth or not (I got the "Good Ending" regardless, although I did recruit everyone). I haven't touched the game in a while or to test a "Kill Every Last One of Them" run to see if that nets the "Bad Ending," as I'm holding out for DLC to play more.

Regarding Outrealms for Three Hopes, I'm personally against it. Let Three Houses be its stand-alone universe. FE Warriors 2 can be the crossover game and hopefully be better than the first.

I know Nintendo is known for undocumented changes, but they may have intentionally left this out of the notes because Crit Damage skills lowering your Crit Damage is embarassingly incompetent.

12 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I know Nintendo is known for undocumented changes, but they may have intentionally left this out of the notes because Crit Damage skills lowering your Crit Damage is embarassingly incompetent.

Hey at least they finally fixed it. 

On 11/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

So in a dev interview yesterday, they said that they had at one point considered but scrapped an Outrealm Gate system for recruiting other characters. But really, they should reconsider for dlc, because that's a perfect way to add in both side content and high-demand characters without having to change the existing story.

I'd rather have Fodlan characters than getting Outrealms nonsenses, Awakening Fates and Warriors 1 are things that I would rather forget forever, but eh.

On 11/7/2022 at 2:31 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, v1.02 apparently just came out, and we don't know what it does. Anyone care to test these skills again?

I'm praying for the Apex Skills to be working properly. To the risk of sounding entitled, this took way too much time.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:06 PM, Metal Flash said:

I would worry about them being another 

Reveal hidden contents

Rhea/Seiros and Sothis

I'm so weirdly triggered by them.

Spoiler

Rhea's class is Mortal Savant with a different name, different skills, a cool Unique, a cool Special. But the MS thing bothers me to not end.
Sothis is literally better Byleth, because Byleth is a terrible character with a terrible class in this game by comparison of everyone. Great Unique, and can use the SSotC.
Arval doesn't even have their own unique class, has terrible uniques, they don't even has their anti-damage crest weapons! His gimmick is just that he has access to both gender and their classes.

So much for bonus characters, you can't even bring them in the main game!

• 1 month later...

Not really DLC, since I'm more or less resigned to the fact that Three Hopes isn't getting any, but I had a thought a few weeks (or was it a few months?) ago - 

What if the devs left Three Hopes unfinished because they plan or planned to wrap everything up in a third game or massive expansion? We'd have Byleth, who pushes the House Leaders one way, Shez, who gives them another option in this "what if" scenario, and then a third Avatar for a third game who synthesizes the two?* 

This game would be the Persona 4 Golden/Persona 5 Royal version of Three Houses, the definitive edition, potentially for a new console. And while Fire Emblem hasn't really done something like this before, Three Houses borrows a bit from the Persona series, and this would be just one more thing. Also Nintendo is no stranger to repackaging their games for the latest systems, particularly if the game is popular and sells great.

No idea if this would fall into the Musou gameplay or the standard Turn-Based gameplay, but either way, it's just a thought. And IF this was the case, maybe the future of Fire Emblem for the foreseeable future would look like:

2023: Engage + DLC

2024: Genealogy Remake

2025: Three Houses/Hopes Repackaged. (or2024, depending on how this is treated)

2026: Original Game + Warriors 2

2027: Another Remake

Anyways, it's just an idea. Carry on. 

*In my head I waffle between calling this Three Horizons and Three Heroes (symbolizing both the Avatars and the House Leaders). No idea really what the plot would be, but I imagine it'd be an amalgamation of things - Shez would run into the House Leaders but would sneak off to Remire village and find Jeralt and Byleth. (The new Avatar would be the character helping Shez sneak off, be it a student or a soldier.) A match would ensue between the two, but the Knights of Seiros would intervene, and everyone makes their way back to Garrag Mach. After that, the Three Heroes each chose a different house, and the game goes from there. Maybe on NG+, all three characters can join one house for a new type of story. No idea, I'm really just spitballing here. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

7 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

*In my head I waffle between calling this Three Horizons and Three Heroes (symbolizing both the Avatars and the House Leaders). No idea really what the plot would be, but I imagine it'd be an amalgamation of things - Shez would run into the House Leaders but would sneak off to Remire village and find Jeralt and Byleth. (The new Avatar would be the character helping Shez sneak off, be it a student or a soldier.) A match would ensue between the two, but the Knights of Seiros would intervene, and everyone makes their way back to Garrag Mach. After that, the Three Heroes each chose a different house, and the game goes from there. Maybe on NG+, all three characters can join one house for a new type of story. No idea, I'm really just spitballing here. 

That's a cool idea! Juggling three avatars would probably be a challenge though: Hopes already needs four versions of every pre-rendered cutscene with Byleth and Shez to account for both of them having variable genders. Can you imagine having to make eight of each instead? At that point they'd probably bite the bullet and take the Warriors 1 route of having a "canon" Avatar of each gender with the other Shez and Byleth being unlockable afterwards.

Yeah, with Engage on the horizon as well as Omega-Force (the "Warriors Developer") now working on Fate/Samurai Remnant, it might as well be confirmed that there will be no DLC for Three Hopes.
-- It's a terrible shame as I found Three Hopes to be superior to the first FE Warriors. I was hoping for more polish as well as making some NPCs playable, but I guess that's just how things go.

As for a "Definitive Edition" of Three Houses/Hopes in the future, it would be cool to see as I love the world of Fodlan. Alas, I think it has been made clear that the devs don't want to implement a "Golden Route" for the Fodlan setting. The closest we got to that was the Cindered Shadows DLC campaign, but even then I imagine the war still starts anyway despite being an "alternative timeline."
-- The idea of making a third game sounds interesting on paper, but I agree with DefyingFates on juggling the many avatars combinations being a pain. If they do make another game in Fodlan, I imagine it either being a prequel (perhaps the war between Serios and Nemesis), or a sequel in one of the neighboring lands.
=== That said, if we go by the rules of three (Three Houses, Three Hopes, Three ???), then perhaps a trilogy is indeed possible with yet another avatar and timeline. It definitely would be interesting to see how that timeline plays out, although I imagine each avatar would be assigned a house instead of picking one and the story will revolve around each house instead of focusing on the avatar themselves. (Perhaps Byleth goes Black Eagles, Shez goes Blue Lions, and a new "Outsider/Foreigner" Avatar joins the Golden Deer.) // Of course, perhaps there is a 4th route with the Ashen Wolves that has everyone working together, but who knows if that will lead to a "golden ending."

1 hour ago, Sire said:

As for a "Definitive Edition" of Three Houses/Hopes in the future, it would be cool to see as I love the world of Fodlan. Alas, I think it has been made clear that the devs don't want to implement a "Golden Route" for the Fodlan setting. The closest we got to that was the Cindered Shadows DLC campaign, but even then I imagine the war still starts anyway despite being an "alternative timeline."
-- The idea of making a third game sounds interesting on paper, but I agree with DefyingFates on juggling the many avatars combinations being a pain. If they do make another game in Fodlan, I imagine it either being a prequel (perhaps the war between Serios and Nemesis), or a sequel in one of the neighboring lands.
=== That said, if we go by the rules of three (Three Houses, Three Hopes, Three ???), then perhaps a trilogy is indeed possible with yet another avatar and timeline. It definitely would be interesting to see how that timeline plays out, although I imagine each avatar would be assigned a house instead of picking one and the story will revolve around each house instead of focusing on the avatar themselves. (Perhaps Byleth goes Black Eagles, Shez goes Blue Lions, and a new "Outsider/Foreigner" Avatar joins the Golden Deer.) // Of course, perhaps there is a 4th route with the Ashen Wolves that has everyone working together, but who knows if that will lead to a "golden ending."

While a third Fodlan game sounds interesting, I am unsure what else they can do with the current cast that isn`t recycling existing material. Maybe if they focus on other parts of Fodlan like you suggested it could work. It would also avoid the dilemma of picking a route to follow.

The idea of pairing the avatars with a specific house is interesting. Heck, maybe it could lead to a more distinct path (if there has to be another route split).

• 1 month later...

The lack of DLC sucks so bad, this is the first game I've actively wanted to get DLC.  

I'm almost certain this is the last time Fódlan is being visited outside of a remaster in a decade or so, too.

15 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

The lack of DLC sucks so bad, this is the first game I've actively wanted to get DLC.  

I'm almost certain this is the last time Fódlan is being visited outside of a remaster in a decade or so, too.

Yeah, I guess it's time to give up on the dlc. Sucks real bad. But hey, maybe we'll get another game in a few years, and maybe it'll be even better.