What type of DLC do you think this game will have?

DLC Expectations/Wants  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What character DLC you expect

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base game
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  2. 2. What character DLC do you want

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  3. 3. What kind of content dlc do you expect?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  4. 4. What kind of content dlc do you want?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  5. 5. Will there be new playable classes added in DLC?

• New classes
    • Returning classes from older FEs
    • Unused classes from 3H
    • None

I've been through each route twice and still couldn't find any info on Shez's parents (birth and adopted), which seems like such a huge hole to leave in the story. If we get DLC I wouldn't be surprised if that's the focus - or at the very least their adoptive mother, since everyone Shez talks to about her stresses how weird she sounds.

Spoiler

I think the implication is that Shez was a test-tube baby so didn't have birth parents in the first place? In which case their mother being an Agarthan defector is so interesting and it's all the more baffling that that's never explored. Having said that, I thought it bizarre that Shambhala never shows up too - not even in Golden Wildfire! - so combining the two lends credence to the thought of a prequel set there.

...or us learning about Shambhala after the fact, if we get Ashen Wolves-style DLC instead.

That last part would mend the three endings feeling kinda abrupt too...

P.S. I know there's data in the files for three classes that are likely the remaining Wolves ones, but is there any data for possible new characters or new items? Parts of the Ashen Wolves were included in earlier datamines for FE16, after all

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

P.S. I know there's data in the files for three classes that are likely the remaining Wolves ones, but is there any data for possible new characters or new items? Parts of the Ashen Wolves were included in earlier datamines for FE16, after all

The five missing characters (Hanneman, Alois, Gilbert, Cyril, and Anna) have almost-complete character data and can even be added to your roster via hacking. Whether they're planned to be added in an update or are just leftovers from porting over Three Houses' character data is unknown.

There's also three placeholder slots (currently occupied by three male Byleth clones) that are probably reserved for actual new DLC characters. Curiously, the roster order places them between two of the NG+ units.

Edit: Link to the hacked roster; note that there's spoilers for bonus units here.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Are the two (bonus character spoilers)

Arval's just the different genders? as in, if Shez is male Arval's a Dark Bishop and if Shez is female, Arval's a Gremory.

So, up to 8 dlc/post launch characters, 3 that weren't playable in Three Houses. Groups of three that occur to me are Counts Bergliez, Herving, and Varley, Thales, Kronya, and Cornelia/Cleobulus (since their weapons are obtainable, Solon's isn't, but Nemesis' is), Judith, Nader and Shahid, and Randolph, Fleache, and Ladislava; if any of those trios I'd bet on TWSITD, rather than a trio that focuses on one route. Of course they could also be new characters.

1 hour ago, Aedan7479 said:

Are the two (bonus character spoilers)

Hide contents

Arval's just the different genders? as in, if Shez is male Arval's a Dark Bishop and if Shez is female, Arval's a Gremory.

Yes, it's just the way the game handles that particular character.

1 hour ago, Aedan7479 said:

So, up to 8 dlc/post launch characters, 3 that weren't playable in Three Houses. Groups of three that occur to me are Counts Bergliez, Herving, and Varley, Thales, Kronya, and Cornelia/Cleobulus (since their weapons are obtainable, Solon's isn't, but Nemesis' is), Judith, Nader and Shahid, and Randolph, Fleache, and Ladislava; if any of those trios I'd bet on TWSITD, rather than a trio that focuses on one route. Of course they could also be new characters.

For what it's worth, there's a surprising amount of unused battle lines in the game for Thales, Cornelia, Solon, and Kronya that only make sense if they were intended to be playable; lines for being given orders on the battlefield, partnering up, racking up KO milestones, and other things. More than any other NPC characters besides obviously the Forbidden Five.

It's a group of four rather than a group of three like the placeholders suggest, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got some kind of villainous TWSITD campaign or something.

5 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Yes, it's just the way the game handles that particular character.

For what it's worth, there's a surprising amount of unused battle lines in the game for Thales, Cornelia, Solon, and Kronya that only make sense if they were intended to be playable; lines for being given orders on the battlefield, partnering up, racking up KO milestones, and other things. More than any other NPC characters besides obviously the Forbidden Five.

It's a group of four rather than a group of three like the placeholders suggest, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got some kind of villainous TWSITD campaign or something.

Huh, that's very interesting.

I'm trying to figure out where they'd squeeze their data, but nothing is coming to mind. That said, I think only the learn set data has minimal room. They could expand it easily, but I would've expected them to pad the file, if they were expecting/planning additional characters.

However, if they were only playable in a campaign and didn't join you (thus they don't learn any abilities/arts), I could see it making sense. Might be disappointing for players though...

I feel like I want new classes (or old classes that didn't make the cut in the transition from three houses) more than new characters. I feel like in the transition from Three Houses to Three Hopes, the cast suddenly feels a lot bigger, mainly because you're so strictly limited in terms of how many units you can use at once. It already felt kinda silly in Three Houses when you're taking on armies of upwards of fifty enemy generals with only 10 of your own, while another dozen or two are staying behind at base. But now you're taking down often thousands of enemy soldiers with four people. I barely have time to make use of all the characters I already have in Three Hopes, I don't feel a powerful need for more, I really just want new characters for the sake of new support conversations.

On the other hand, there are a lot of glaring absences in terms of classes, and I'd love to see additional variety on that front. A mounted tome class, a magic axe class, maybe a magic gauntlet class, a mounted sword class... there's a lot of things I'd really like to see added to the game in terms of classes.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

Actually, come to think of it, not sure how much stock we should put in hacked roster, not because I doubt the source, but in Age of Calamity, there were voice files that suggested Astor was going to be playable, but he was never added in DLC. That being said, every DLC character was leaked with the hacked roster of Hyrule Warriors Legends. Though obviously, DLC is still going to happen.

Classes DLCs, for the love of heck, why didn't we got War Monk/Cleric, Dark Flier. The mere placement of Falcon Knight bothers me, they could have just made the Pegasus and Cavalier-lines separated, it's not like Flier are that great in the game anyways, unless you are called Claude. Same with Brigand and Wyvern.
It would be fun to be able to use some enemy exclusive classes too, imagine a wyvern rider that wield swords.

Maybe some Paralogues to explain what the hell is going on with Arval and Sothis, a genuine one, they are the biggest mystery of the lot, and Sothis feel like a large waste of plot.
Also, Arval > Sothis

Oh and maybe, a genuine freaking ending for each path instead of an unsatisfying "the war goes on". Gee thanks. "Oh we didn't want to make Three Houses' endings irrelevant" says the dev, what kind of stupid reason is that? They already did by making Three Hopes, and no amount of "pleasuring" Byleth will change that.
Speaking of dreaming, I would like it is there were more Camp and Battle appearance, like Three Houses time skip ones, appearance AND face. And is it too much to ask to walk around the camp as another class? Same with the other characters.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:35 AM, Anomalocaris said:

t's a group of four rather than a group of three like the placeholders suggest, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got some kind of villainous TWSITD campaign or something.

Hey, a new compaign that is about playing the TWSITD would be pretty great! Plenty of characters to add, plenty of times to play with them. AoC actually did that, with only one chapter and character, mind you. Maybe even a Nemesis one too.
No. I won't let this go. Imagine making the best music and the best final boss of your game, and not including any of them in your next AU game. That's stupid, it's as if they were ashamed of it.

On 7/12/2022 at 9:45 PM, Aedan7479 said:

there were voice files that suggested Astor was going to be playable, but he was never added in DLC.

It really hurt that he wasn't added.

On 7/4/2022 at 4:48 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

How about a randomly generated Empires mode where you start with Shez and recruit up to 20 units of your choice as you encounter them as enemy units on the battlefield, and conquer all of Fodlan. You can reset this whenever you want or whenever you win.

I personally prefer empires to the base games nowadays for Dynasty Warriors but honestly it would have to be a separate game. They never do a standard story and empires in the same title. Plus it would be more appealing if you start with anyone just like in Normal Dynasty warriors empires games.

As for roster additions for three hopes my top 2 are both for the empire and already have models in game Fleche and Ladislava.  Judith and Nadar probably should be playable for the alliance. Not sure who to add for the kingdom maybe one of the newly shown dads?

8 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I personally prefer empires to the base games nowadays for Dynasty Warriors but honestly it would have to be a separate game. They never do a standard story and empires in the same title. Plus it would be more appealing if you start with anyone just like in Normal Dynasty warriors empires games.

As for roster additions for three hopes my top 2 are both for the empire and already have models in game Fleche and Ladislava.  Judith and Nadar probably should be playable for the alliance. Not sure who to add for the kingdom maybe one of the newly shown dads?

I suppose it might be more compelling if the next Fire Emblem Warriors full franchise crossover was fully Empires style. It's distinct from the others and you dodge the story question altogether.

21 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

There are still Gilbert and Cyril as far as characters who it makes sense to be Azure Gleam-exclusive. Not the most exciting choices in the world, but they're there.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

There are still Gilbert and Cyril as far as characters who it makes sense to be Azure Gleam-exclusive. Not the most exciting choices in the world, but they're there.

Not that Azure Gleam really needs even more route exclusive characters, they've already got more than the other two routes put together. But it would be nice to have Gustave and Cyril back I suppose.

I just hope we hear some form of news about potential updates and DLC for Three Hopes soon. It's been 3 weeks since release but there's naught but silence on that front.

Granted, I do faintly remember something occurring in Japan recently, so perhaps that may also be a factor in the lack of communication.

20 minutes ago, Sire said:

I just hope we hear some form of news about potential updates and DLC for Three Hopes soon. It's been 3 weeks since release but there's naught but silence on that front.

Granted, I do faintly remember something occurring in Japan recently, so perhaps that may also be a factor in the lack of communication.

It took quite a while for Age of Calamity's DLC to be announced, I believe it was... four? Months after the game released.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:14 PM, B.Leu said:

"Oh we didn't want to make Three Houses' endings irrelevant" says the dev, what kind of stupid reason is that? They already did by making Three Hopes

How? Three Hopes is a spinoff and an alternative branch. It's not a follow up to Three Houses' endings. Hopes is just another what if so it can't really make 3H's endings irrelevant at all.

On 7/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, Aedan7479 said:

It took quite a while for Age of Calamity's DLC to be announced, I believe it was... four? Months after the game released.

I suspect we'll have to wait till September which has two likely times for it - it's both the usual Nintendo Direct time and Tokyo Game Show.

It's also when we'll likely hear about the next Warriors game, as Omegaforce once again has a clean slate. Fingers crossed for another collab.

On 7/20/2022 at 6:31 AM, Seazas said:

How? Three Hopes is a spinoff and an alternative branch. It's not a follow up to Three Houses' endings. Hopes is just another what if so it can't really make 3H's endings irrelevant at all.

Three Hopes can be summarized, and simplified for maximum fun potential as, "Byleth isn't there, so the Lords doesn't full simp for him, and the plot, and characters are all (mostly) the better for it somehow".

Of course, when I said they "already did that by making Three Hopes", I'm being a bit facetious, by that I mean "By that same logic, they already did that by doing Three Hopes in the first place".

It feels weird to say, but I'm beginning to think this game won't have DLC. Structurally, the game just doesn't seem designed for it. Would they actually add a whole 4th route for DLC? Or would it just be a small side campaign like Cindered Shadows was? Speaking of, the Ashen Wolves presence in base game is another reason I'm feeling this way. They don't serve any purpose other than to be there, which makes me wonder why they weren't held off for DLC if DLC was going to be a thing, because then they could also have added War Cleric, Valkyrie, and Dark Flier (and Trickster might have been held off in this context).

I can't help but wonder if that leaked FE - and possibly a new remake - caused them to cut development on Three Hopes short, leading to the Ashen Wolves being shoved into base game and only Trickster being finished. It might also be why a chunk of characters are around and have all reason to be playable but aren't.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

It feels weird to say, but I'm beginning to think this game won't have DLC. Structurally, the game just doesn't seem designed for it. Would they actually add a whole 4th route for DLC? Or would it just be a small side campaign like Cindered Shadows was? Speaking of, the Ashen Wolves presence in base game is another reason I'm feeling this way. They don't serve any purpose other than to be there, which makes me wonder why they weren't held off for DLC if DLC was going to be a thing, because then they could also have added War Cleric, Valkyrie, and Dark Flier (and Trickster might have been held off in this context).

I can't help but wonder if that leaked FE - and possibly a new remake - caused them to cut development on Three Hopes short, leading to the Ashen Wolves being shoved into base game and only Trickster being finished. It might also be why a chunk of characters are around and have all reason to be playable but aren't.

Maybe, I think that's just as likely, sure. The minimal interaction in story the Wolfes have due lead me to think they may have been DLC turned to non DLC. But it makes me wonder what else could have been cut then? I really would like some kind of DLC, but idk. 

Didn't the last Warrior game have a DLC pass? Like a season pass thing? Or am I mistaken?

1 hour ago, Florete said:

The structure is hard, but not impossible to expand. You'd either have to add a side mode, perhaps accessed through Record Keeper, a new route, or new content within the routes.

I think they could get a pretty big win by just adding:

* New characters and classes with existing assets. For example:

**Anna

**Cyril

**Hanneman

**Alois

**Gilbert

**Sniper -> Adventurer/Troubadour (if say, Annette's cousin was the character).

**Mercenary -> Hero -> Vanguard

**Warrior -> War Monk/Cleric

**Warlock -> Dark Flier

**Bishop -> Strategist (using Valkyrie assets).

* NG+ improvements (removed deployment restrictions)

* New scenarios via record keeper. These could just reuse the existing maps, with redone objectives and enemy compositions.

* New difficulty (Infernal) - enemy level +150-200, additional officer spawns, frequently targeting forts. Enemies drop regalia weapons with new attributes.

* Add, increase, and remove weapon attributes at Blacksmith

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

10 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

* New characters and classes with existing assets. For example:

**Anna

**Cyril

**Hanneman

**Alois

**Gilbert

The problem here is that Cyril, Hanneman, Alois, and Gilbert already seem like the reject squad that didn't make it because of low priority due to low popularity. Using them to push DLC would be odd.

11 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

* NG+ improvements (removed deployment restrictions)

* New difficulty (Infernal) - enemy level +150-200, additional officer spawns, frequently targeting forts. Enemies drop regalia weapons with new attributes.

* Add, increase, and remove weapon attributes at Blacksmith

These seem more appropriate for a free update than paid DLC.

11 hours ago, Florete said:

The problem here is that Cyril, Hanneman, Alois, and Gilbert already seem like the reject squad that didn't make it because of low priority due to low popularity. Using them to push DLC would be odd.

These seem more appropriate for a free update than paid DLC.

Fair enough. It's of course worth noting that Three Houses did get substantial free dlc alongside the paid waves.

Warriors games also aren't above character/moveset-only dlc packs. Pirate Warriors 4 added a substantial number of dlc characters with no added content. Perhaps that's a "worst case scenario" here, but it is something that works in any structure.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, we've been talking for a while about adding a magic using axe class, preferably infantry, and as I was thinking about that today, it occurred to me just how overpowered that could actually be. Imagine combining one of the spells that draws enemies in and gathers them together (like Luna, Bolganone, or Exaclibur) with War Strike. That really is just 'kill everything in the room'. While I still badly want them to give us a magic using axe class, I do worry that there will be no reason to use any other axe class if and when they do.

38 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

You know, we've been talking for a while about adding a magic using axe class, preferably infantry, and as I was thinking about that today, it occurred to me just how overpowered that could actually be. Imagine combining one of the spells that draws enemies in and gathers them together (like Luna, Bolganone, or Exaclibur) with War Strike. That really is just 'kill everything in the room'. While I still badly want them to give us a magic using axe class, I do worry that there will be no reason to use any other axe class if and when they do.

Eh. I don't think that's a problem, nor would I consider that in any way an impediment to such happening. Warriors games don't just not care about imbalance - they revel in making certain characters intentionally overpowered (Lu Bu, the gods in Warriors Orochi, the emperors in One Piece, etc.)

32 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Eh. I don't think that's a problem, nor would I consider that in any way an impediment to such happening. Warriors games don't just not care about imbalance - they revel in making certain characters intentionally overpowered (Lu Bu, the gods in Warriors Orochi, the emperors in One Piece, etc.)

Oh It's not really a problem per se, this isn't a PvP game, balance is hardly important. And I agree, it wouldn't be a good reason to not give us said class (I'll be frankly very disappointed if we get class DLC and don't get a magic axe class, and even more disappointed if we don't get any new classes at all). But I do still think that given the choice between two classes of the same weapon type, one that can use magic and the other that can't, it'd take a lot to make me pick the one that can't use magic, especially in a game where magic is so damn powerful.