What type of DLC do you think this game will have?

DLC Expectations/Wants  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What character DLC you expect

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base game
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  2. 2. What character DLC do you want

• None
    • Characters from 3H that didn't make base
    • New characters
    • Returning FEW characters
    • Amiibo characters
    • Other FE game characters
  3. 3. What kind of content dlc do you expect?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  4. 4. What kind of content dlc do you want?

• None
    • New route/house
    • History maps
    • New side missions in existing routes
    • Other
  5. 5. Will there be new playable classes added in DLC?

• New classes
    • Returning classes from older FEs
    • Unused classes from 3H
    • None

21 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't think Engage alone could have killed the DLC, but the release date being so soon is pretty ominous. We could get a Three Hopes DLC stealth announced on Twitter or something, and we could see it launched in February or so I guess, though the latter would probably be a nightmare marketing-wise. I mean, they have to do something with Shez's mother, right? That's the only thing that makes me still think there could be DLC at some point.

I wonder if Shez' mom could have been real Cornelia. That doesn't explain why they didn't recognize her, but they do have the IQ of an overbaked potato.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/14/2022 at 1:07 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

I wonder if Shez' mom could have been real Cornelia. That doesn't explain why they didn't recognize her, but they do have the IQ of an overbaked potato.

I think the real Cornelia would have been too famous to chill out in a random Leicester village without anyone knowing it. Also I think Sylvain implies she's actually kinda old so it might not find in the timeline since Shez is kinda young. At the time she was growing up Cornelia was probably already slithered for a long time.

19 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think the real Cornelia would have been too famous to chill out in a random Leicester village without anyone knowing it. Also I think Sylvain implies she's actually kinda old so it might not find in the timeline since Shez is kinda young. At the time she was growing up Cornelia was probably already slithered for a long time.

Pre-plague Cornelia. Not post-plague.

• 3 weeks later...

Losing a bit of hope since it feels like Three Hopes only has a few more months of life before it's overshadowed by Engage. Then again, a few more months is all the game may need - an announcement can easily be made in October for a November release, just like the Ashen Wolves DLC. But what I've been thinking recently is that instead of rolling out the DLC in waves like they've done in the past, what if IntSys is simply making sure that all of the DLC is rolled up into one major wave, so that anyone who wants part of the DLC has to purchase the whole thing? Just some thoughts and hopes (heh) for something that seems so illogical out of character to not exist.*

Anyways, due to some fun Reddit posts (and a very cute fanfic), I'm a fan of the idea of Jeralt finding Shez as a kid and raising them alongside Byleth, creating an even weirder timeline. But since that will never happen, I'd be willing to settle for a "hey, Shez actually leaves, meets Byleth at Remire Village, and everyone more or less gets roped back to Garrag Mach." You can even turn this into a Silver Routes scenario, where players can choose the houses of Byleth and Shez, but they'll never be in the same house. However, the two houses chosen will team up on a new hybrid route, more or less. For example, if Byleth chose the Black Eagles while Shez chose the Blue Lions, then the two would come to a truce after Kingdom scouts find Jeralt's Mercenaries taking out mysterious forces that have been seen around Cornelia. Shez is sent as a parlay, and the Empire and Kingdom settle on a truce as they wipe out Agarthan forces. (Or rather, the side Byleth takes is quickly overrun, and Byleth and Co must escape with their chosen lord to Shez's side for the moment. Also can we have an Agarthan ally or two please? Give me a new DLC character...and the chance to recruit Kronya for the lulz.)

But in reality, I imagine that if there was more DLC, it'd be for a story that reveals that Anselma or someone was the real Big Bad this entire time and somehow the mother of Shez despite the timelines not adding up and everyone teams up to take her down. 

*It could also just be a timing thing. If Three Houses' delay pushed back Engage, and then polishing Engage took longer due to COVID, but the Three Houses team had time to develop and create Three Hopes in the meantime, they may not have had enough time to develop DLC for the game. Granted, that assumes there was no post-launch support, but we honestly don't know. Maybe Omegaforce and the IntSys team working on Three Hopes were moved to new projects immediately after finishing this one. Maybe they've been working tirelessly on DLC since the game was released and had some Day 1 patches, and we're just waiting on the final project. I honestly don't know. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

4 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Losing a bit of hope since it feels like Three Hopes only has a few more months of life before it's overshadowed by Engage. Then again, a few more months is all the game may need - an announcement can easily be made in October for a November release, just like the Ashen Wolves DLC. But what I've been thinking recently is that instead of rolling out the DLC in waves like they've done in the past, what if IntSys is simply making sure that all of the DLC is rolled up into one major wave, so that anyone who wants part of the DLC has to purchase the whole thing? Just some thoughts and hopes (heh) for something that seems so illogical out of character to not exist.*

Anyways, due to some fun Reddit posts (and a very cute fanfic), I'm a fan of the idea of Jeralt finding Shez as a kid and raising them alongside Byleth, creating an even weirder timeline. But since that will never happen, I'd be willing to settle for a "hey, Shez actually leaves, meets Byleth at Remire Village, and everyone more or less gets roped back to Garrag Mach." You can even turn this into a Silver Routes scenario, where players can choose the houses of Byleth and Shez, but they'll never be in the same house. However, the two houses chosen will team up on a new hybrid route, more or less. For example, if Byleth chose the Black Eagles while Shez chose the Blue Lions, then the two would come to a truce after Kingdom scouts find Jeralt's Mercenaries taking out mysterious forces that have been seen around Cornelia. Shez is sent as a parlay, and the Empire and Kingdom settle on a truce as they wipe out Agarthan forces. (Or rather, the side Byleth takes is quickly overrun, and Byleth and Co must escape with their chosen lord to Shez's side for the moment. Also can we have an Agarthan ally or two please? Give me a new DLC character...and the chance to recruit Kronya for the lulz.)

But in reality, I imagine that if there was more DLC, it'd be for a story that reveals that Anselma or someone was the real Big Bad this entire time and somehow the mother of Shez despite the timelines not adding up and everyone teams up to take her down. 

*It could also just be a timing thing. If Three Houses' delay pushed back Engage, and then polishing Engage took longer due to COVID, but the Three Houses team had time to develop and create Three Hopes in the meantime, they may not have had enough time to develop DLC for the game. Granted, that assumes there was no post-launch support, but we honestly don't know. Maybe Omegaforce and the IntSys team working on Three Hopes were moved to new projects immediately after finishing this one. Maybe they've been working tirelessly on DLC since the game was released and had its post-launch updates, and we're just waiting on the final project. I honestly don't know. 

Who knows. Honestly, bigger announcements than this have been Twitter dropped, so it could happen any day now in theory. If it's going to be at an event, it'll be TGA's and I don't see that happening.

The flip side is that Omegaforce's musou teams have more of a blank slate now than they have in a long time. The only thing we know the company is working on is Wild Hearts - a Monster Hunter style game being published by EA Originals. Certainly an ambitious looking game, and due out in February no less. But I can't imagine a game like that taking too much of their musou staffers when it'll likely be helmed by those devs with Toukiden experience.

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Who knows. Honestly, bigger announcements than this have been Twitter dropped, so it could happen any day now in theory

*Flashbacks to Paper Mario: TOK* 

Yup. Honestly, I'm checking Nintendo's YouTube page pretty regularly these past few days just in the hopes that something shadow-drops. In reality, if something does drop, I feel like next week would be a better time, given the whole Mario Movie Direct this Thursday. But Nintendo does what they want to do, and no one can stop them. 

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The flip side is that Omegaforce's musou teams have more of a blank slate now than they have in a long time. The only thing we know the company is working on is Wild Hearts - a Monster Hunter style game being published by EA Originals. Certainly an ambitious looking game, and due out in February no less. But I can't imagine a game like that taking too much of their musou staffers when it'll likely be helmed by those devs with Toukiden experience.

I had to look up what those games were because I truly had no idea what they were. Yeah for Omegaforce, they could be clearing out projects to work on something new and ambitious later down the line. Or maybe just clearing their schedule to work on a Genealogy Warriors game and they need the time to make sure the styles and engine match what IntSys is doing with their Genealogy remake.

Regardless, as you mention, we have a lot of unfinished business in Three Hopes, and I hope we're given the time to finish it before moving to Elyos. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

16 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

*Flashbacks to Paper Mario: TOK* 

Yup. Honestly, I'm checking Nintendo's YouTube page pretty regularly these past few days just in the hopes that something shadow-drops. In reality, if something does drop, I feel like next week would be a better time, given the whole Mario Movie Direct this Thursday. But Nintendo does what they want to do, and no one can stop them. 

I had to look up what those games were because I truly had no idea what they were. Yeah for Omegaforce, they could be clearing out projects to work on something new and ambitious later down the line. Or maybe just clearing their schedule to work on a Genealogy Warriors game and they need the time to make sure the styles and engine match what IntSys is doing with their Genealogy remake.

Regardless, as you mention, we have a lot of unfinished business in Three Hopes, and I hope we're given the time to finish it before moving to Elyos. 

Wild Hearts is their more ambitious game. Not the thing being cleared out for future ambitious games. It's had a confirmed 4 year dev cycle. That said, if they are working towards something ambitious on the Warriors side, they've openly wanted to do Star Wars musou.

Well, I guess the bright side is that, assuming Engage is on the Warriors engine and being codeveloped by Gust (we need confirmation of that), Koei would be deeply involved and we'd have those assets in engine. Would love to see that Sigurd, Ike, and Roy in FEW even more than I'd want dlc for this.

Hilariously, I had a dream about a DLC route in Three Hopes last night. I think it was called Dark Cup or Dark Clouds or something. I remember it specifically not being themed around fire. (Although I think towards the end of my dream I was able to change the name to Dark Candle.) It was a Church-focused path where the Church would align with another Lord or have the option to go off on their own. Since this was a dream, things didn't get really far, but it was fun nonetheless. Things did get weird though, as the route turned into an Awakening crossover. Chrom and F!Robin were playable, and Lucina weirdly merged and deaged with Rhea, so she looked like a green-haired child version of herself. It was weird. Then again, many dreams are. 

Anyways, the main point is just to say "hey I had a dream about a Church-focused route in Three Houses!"

2 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Hilariously, I had a dream about a DLC route in Three Hopes last night. I think it was called Dark Cup or Dark Clouds or something. I remember it specifically not being themed around fire. (Although I think towards the end of my dream I was able to change the name to Dark Candle.) It was a Church-focused path where the Church would align with another Lord or have the option to go off on their own. Since this was a dream, things didn't get really far, but it was fun nonetheless.

You know, up to this point your dream was actually pretty plausible, but I guess that's another thing dreams are known for xD It sounds really fun, thank you for sharing it with us! 😄

I am not too certain about adding another route via DLC. I would rather have content added to the existing ones.

Not that I can`t see why others would like new routes, I am just not one of them.

My vote still goes to a mode that lets you use the renown characters in existing maps. Still dumb how most of them are only available through the map replayer (forgot their name)

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

You know, up to this point your dream was actually pretty plausible, but I guess that's another thing dreams are known for xD It sounds really fun, thank you for sharing it with us! 😄

No problem! Yeah things got a little awkward since the example in my dream was Rhea and Edelgard joining forces lol! (Granted, I do want to see that, and I do think it could work in-universe, but when I thought about it for Three Houses, Claude would have been the villain due to TWSITD. But knowing more about what he wants in Three Hopes, I think he'd work as a solid antagonist all-around.)

I feel like at this point the only two possibilities are that this is gonna have a massive DLC, or it’s not getting anything. If it was something smaller they’d probably have already announced it, so I really can’t see it being anything but a big chunk of content.

Tbh, if all we got were the missing 5, Randolph and Judith, along with the missing classes and some new paralogues, I’d be more than happy. A new route would be incredible tho, so I’d be more than down for that.

21 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

I would rather have content added to the existing ones.

I understand the reasoning, but it would force people to play through all three routes again, which could be a hassle.

21 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

My vote still goes to a mode that lets you use the renown characters in existing maps. Still dumb how most of them are only available through the map replayer (forgot their name)

I'm fully on board with an update that enables this though: it was annoying not being able to mix-and-match teams in repeat playthroughs 😕

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I understand the reasoning, but it would force people to play through all three routes again, which could be a hassle.

Fair point, plenty of players have likely finished all the routes multiple times already.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm fully on board with an update that enables this though: it was annoying not being able to mix-and-match teams in repeat playthroughs 😕

Seriously, I will never understand why they cannot be used in, at least, bonus maps.

If I had to pick a new route for DLC, I would want either a mercenary route or a Ashen Wolves route. I have zero faith in the Hopes writers to give the church fair treatment, even in their own hypothetical route and do not care about the slitherers enough to want to play a route starring them. 

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

I have zero faith in the Hopes writers to give the church fair treatment, even in their own hypothetical route and do not care about the slitherers enough to want to play a route starring them. 

It's not a good look for that part of the lore when we got a paralogue set from their POV and still learned nothing about them...

I would want either a mercenary route

What do you mean by this exactly, a Shez and Byleth route, or just one or the other?

Also, while I know it'd be difficult to do, I am curious how an Ashen Wolves story would work in Hopes' status quo now that you bring it up...

It's not a good look for that part of the lore when we got a paralogue set from their POV and still learned nothing about them..

Too true

What do you mean by this exactly, a Shez and Byleth route, or just one or the other?

Also, while I know it'd be difficult to do, I am curious how an Ashen Wolves story would work in Hopes' status quo now that you bring it up...

A route where Shez joins Jeralt`s mercenaries. Or maybe Shez just stays a mercenary and does missions for the various factions. Could be an opportunity to explore the other nations, like Almyra, Sreng or Morfis.

Maybe the Ashen Wolves leave the after the academy shuts down, leading a group of abyssians as a neutral party in the war. Maybe even add four new wolves to bring their number up to par with the other houses. Just an idea.

With Xenoblade 3, a game that was released a month after the release of Three Hopes, already having bug patches and Expansion Pass waves being released. It's quite concerning that we don't even have a patch to address the bugged Apex Weapon skills and other bugs.

Did this game somehow get too much flak in Japan that they decided to not support it anymore (I saw the game is on sale with a noticeable price drop in Amazon Japan already, which is quite surprising for a Nintendo game? and the tweet did mention 1 million units shipped and not sold)? Or there was no plan to support this game as soon as it's released in the first place?

4 hours ago, Glocksta said:

With Xenoblade 3, a game that was released a month after the release of Three Hopes, already having bug patches and Expansion Pass waves being released. It's quite concerning that we don't even have a patch to address the bugged Apex Weapon skills and other bugs.

Did this game somehow get too much flak in Japan that they decided to not support it anymore (I saw the game is on sale with a noticeable price drop in Amazon Japan already, which is quite surprising for a Nintendo game? and the tweet did mention 1 million units shipped and not sold)? Or there was no plan to support this game as soon as it's released in the first place?

So, here's the thing. Koei doesn't exactly have a reputation for fixing even their most successful games. Age of Calamity sold 4 million copies, and it still runs at sub-30 fps, regularly dipping into the low 20s.

Also, if there was a huge disparity between shipped and sold copies, they wouldn't have bragged about it. They'd have buried that flop fast. They'd likely have even prematurely announced and/or released a new Warriors title to save face, just like they did with Warriors Orochi 4 when it turned out that Dynasty Warriors 9 was the actual, factual worst game ever.

The thing that bothers me about the lack of DLC is something I've mentioned before: Shez's mother. She's built up to be this mysterious figure who's way too talented for someone in her circumstances and felt like such an obvious sequel hook/ DLC bait premise that I'm honestly baffled that that element may end up being abandoned.

It feels like they planned to do more with Shez`s mother, but either got cold feet or changed their minds last minute and dropped the idea entirely. And now, she`s just left as a dangling thread we will probably never get answers for.

Or it could have been an Engage tie-in all along.

Seriously though, I'm curious if we'll ever get a behind-the-scenes info blowout one day - or even just more Famitsu articles - to explain what the deal was with all the foreshadowing (assuming we don't even get a free update explaining her or something). She's even mentioned in Heroes!