Three Hopes General Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

...That... doesn't sound worth it. At all. 2 extra renown is exactly what I get by getting Greats or Perfects during volunteering.

It's not worth it. The real reason to skip regions is to save time. If you're not interested in saving time, then don't skip regions.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, is pairing up everyone a bad move? Because I see people doing it on Youtube playthroughs, and I feel it isn't the best move they could be making...

Pair up provides adjutant followups and adjutant guard which are both very powerful effects. Adjutant guard will block attacks (and it works by filling up a gauge, so it's reliable, not %-based)  which can make the damage S rank easier to achieve. Adjutant followups do some bonus damage but more importantly do pretty significant extra gauge damage making it faster to achieve critical rushes. I'm not sure exactly how the gauge fills but I know that some spells/CAs, such as Thoron, basically give you one immediately. And finally, your warrior specials do significantly more damage when paired up. So overall, it's a significant improvement in combat performances.

The big reason to not pairup is you can direct more ally NPCs (and also have more places to switch to). This may be useful in certain maps where mopping up groups in different places quickly is valuable, e.g. to hold off couriers escaping.

Overall I think you're better off pairing more often than not, but it's a case-by-case thing. You note main missions being messier, but you also get 8 units for main missions and can't switch to four of them, so pairing up at least most people is a no-brainer on those IMO.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished my "Vanguard Whistle" run of Golden Wildfire. These runs essentially "auto-completes" the regular battles using a Vanguard Whistle, meaning ideally the only battles fought during the campaign is the main chapter battle. Challenge battles with restrictions can't be auto'd, and sometimes there may be survey rewards which may be worth manually fighting a side battle instead of autoing it.
--.Doing these campaign runs are definitely worthwhile for getting extra Stat Boosters and using the Training Grounds, but this method also requires a lot of waiting around for loading screens, skipping cutscenes, and doing the tutorial levels per run.
-- While great for min-maxing, it can be exhausting. If not concerned about efficiency, it may be better to just chill at the final chapter and do maps via the Record Keeper. This way, one actually plays the game more doing maps back to back instead of navigating through a bunch of menus before the next battle. It helps that there are no deployment restrictions in Record Keeper battles either, and allows one to play with the Bonus Characters who are not available in regular campaign runs.

Character-wise, I managed to master all classes on Shez, Claude, Hilda, and Lysithea. Here's my thoughts after messing around with them a bit.
-- I find M!Shez has the better learned abilities than F!Shez, and I personally enjoy War Master and Dark Bishop more than Falcon Knight and Gremory. That said, I'm not moving from my Warm Cloak + Dark Creator Sword build on Asura Shez that just annihilates everything on the screen. However, for campaign runs, I use Shez more as a support, tossing on Physic (I should teach Shez Fortify) so I can level other characters instead.
-- As for Claude, while his moveset requires some adjustment, the fireballs from the Class Action is amazing. It deals tons of damage and leaves behind burning ground, which when combined with Fallen Star, absolutely destroys monster-type enemies. It also does wonders against the regular officers as well. // Claude also learns so many amazing abilities it can be difficult to find what skills to equip.
-- Hilda is interesting as she can either actually work or be a cheerleader with her skillset, although considering she has a Relic she's likely to be on the front lines. At least she is straightforward, she hits hard and with her personal, can draw in a crowd before blasting them all away. I find that the AI works well when using her charged-up attacks, same with Marianne with the falling ice orbs or Bernadetta activating her Ice Field.
-- Lysithea is a jack-of-all trades character, focusing on spamming Weapon Arts/Magic to trigger her Crests, which then builds up her Warrior and Awakening Gauges so she can activate those. She is indeed quite powerful, but sitting through the same Special Attack over and over can get old. Awakening can be great, but an Awakened Gremory without an "Essence of Element" skill is not as fun or useful as a different Awakened class. Lacking Elemental Essence also affects Lysithea's Magic options, as augmented Magic feels amazing to use when compared to their regular versions. // Again, Lysithea is actually quite powerful with her spamming Magic/Specials/Awakenings, but it just doesn't feel as satisfying as other character builds.

Now, I think I may end up going ahead and doing my Blue Lions "Kill Byleth" run. I could use a change in scenery since I did all three of my Golden Deer runs back to back. (1st Run on Hard, recruited Byleth // 2nd run on Maddening, Killed Byleth // 3rd run on Maddening, used Vanguard Whistles to "speedrun").
-- Although I probably should stay in post-game so I can train Byleth in her Gremory class, as my BL run will not be recruiting Byleth...

5 hours ago, Sire said:

Finished my "Vanguard Whistle" run of Golden Wildfire. These runs essentially "auto-completes" the regular battles using a Vanguard Whistle, meaning ideally the only battles fought during the campaign is the main chapter battle. Challenge battles with restrictions can't be auto'd, and sometimes there may be survey rewards which may be worth manually fighting a side battle instead of autoing it.
--.Doing these campaign runs are definitely worthwhile for getting extra Stat Boosters and using the Training Grounds, but this method also requires a lot of waiting around for loading screens, skipping cutscenes, and doing the tutorial levels per run.
-- While great for min-maxing, it can be exhausting. If not concerned about efficiency, it may be better to just chill at the final chapter and do maps via the Record Keeper. This way, one actually plays the game more doing maps back to back instead of navigating through a bunch of menus before the next battle. It helps that there are no deployment restrictions in Record Keeper battles either, and allows one to play with the Bonus Characters who are not available in regular campaign runs.

Character-wise, I managed to master all classes on Shez, Claude, Hilda, and Lysithea. Here's my thoughts after messing around with them a bit.
-- I find M!Shez has the better learned abilities than F!Shez, and I personally enjoy War Master and Dark Bishop more than Falcon Knight and Gremory. That said, I'm not moving from my Warm Cloak + Dark Creator Sword build on Asura Shez that just annihilates everything on the screen. However, for campaign runs, I use Shez more as a support, tossing on Physic (I should teach Shez Fortify) so I can level other characters instead.
-- As for Claude, while his moveset requires some adjustment, the fireballs from the Class Action is amazing. It deals tons of damage and leaves behind burning ground, which when combined with Fallen Star, absolutely destroys monster-type enemies. It also does wonders against the regular officers as well. // Claude also learns so many amazing abilities it can be difficult to find what skills to equip.
-- Hilda is interesting as she can either actually work or be a cheerleader with her skillset, although considering she has a Relic she's likely to be on the front lines. At least she is straightforward, she hits hard and with her personal, can draw in a crowd before blasting them all away. I find that the AI works well when using her charged-up attacks, same with Marianne with the falling ice orbs or Bernadetta activating her Ice Field.
-- Lysithea is a jack-of-all trades character, focusing on spamming Weapon Arts/Magic to trigger her Crests, which then builds up her Warrior and Awakening Gauges so she can activate those. She is indeed quite powerful, but sitting through the same Special Attack over and over can get old. Awakening can be great, but an Awakened Gremory without an "Essence of Element" skill is not as fun or useful as a different Awakened class. Lacking Elemental Essence also affects Lysithea's Magic options, as augmented Magic feels amazing to use when compared to their regular versions. // Again, Lysithea is actually quite powerful with her spamming Magic/Specials/Awakenings, but it just doesn't feel as satisfying as other character builds.

Now, I think I may end up going ahead and doing my Blue Lions "Kill Byleth" run. I could use a change in scenery since I did all three of my Golden Deer runs back to back. (1st Run on Hard, recruited Byleth // 2nd run on Maddening, Killed Byleth // 3rd run on Maddening, used Vanguard Whistles to "speedrun").
-- Although I probably should stay in post-game so I can train Byleth in her Gremory class, as my BL run will not be recruiting Byleth...

I question using Hilda as a support/pair up when one of the best things about her is her powerful Unique Support ability, which allows her to get more out of her adjutant. Granted, if it's someone she has an A support with, they'll get the full benefit of that support skill. So, maybe Hilda is awesome as a pair up for characters like Marianne and Claude specifically.

As for characters without Essence of Element, my general opinion is that they should be used with powerful skills of different elements (say, Excalibur and Hades) or powerful neutral skills (like Agnea's Arrow or War Strike). If you don't have an element to focus on, you may as well just take whatever spells/arts you want to make the best of it.

I will say, Lysithea may lack an Essence of Element, but she kinda doesn't need one. Augmented arts/spells usually have better AoE, but even unaugmented Luna and Hades have a massive AoE, and make for a terrifyingly powerful combo when used together, and Lysithea learns both naturally. I will concede that it is a shame she doesn't get Essence of Darkness, but she doesn't really need it.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I question using Hilda as a support/pair up when one of the best things about her is her powerful Unique Support ability, which allows her to get more out of her adjutant. Granted, if it's someone she has an A support with, they'll get the full benefit of that support skill. So, maybe Hilda is awesome as a pair up for characters like Marianne and Claude specifically.

Going off of Tutorials... "With at least support level C, you will have access to the adjutant's Unique Support and Tactical Abilities."
-- In other words, Hilda's Unique Support works even if she's not the active unit, provided the active unit is male and they have at least a C-Level Support. So, it's not A-Rank, it's just C-Rank, which everyone can get.
-- You can even confirm the effects in Mock Battle, where Advocate (Hilda's Unique Support) will pop up when she's the adjutant. I did with using Claude as Active and Hilda as Adjutant.

3 hours ago, ZanaLyrander said:

I will say, Lysithea may lack an Essence of Element, but she kinda doesn't need one. Augmented arts/spells usually have better AoE, but even unaugmented Luna and Hades have a massive AoE, and make for a terrifyingly powerful combo when used together, and Lysithea learns both naturally. I will concede that it is a shame she doesn't get Essence of Darkness, but she doesn't really need it.

While it's true characters don't need Essence of Element (it allows for more freedom and mix-matching instead of being pressured into going all-in on the favored element), in my experience Gremory users really desire it to make their moveset feel interesting.
-- Regular Magic feels fine, as you have stated. It's just the augmented Strong Attacks of the Gremory (as well as the Class Action), make it so much more enjoyable to play as I find the default moveset lackluster. It helps that one can use augmented lower tier magic to spam and clear mobs instead of the regular moveset, saving augmented higher tier magic for more challenging encounters.
== Augmented Strong Attacks help other classes too, such as Holy Knights, Dark Knights, and Dark Bishops, but I feel their default moveset feels great enough on their own. Being augmented just makes them extra awesome.

As for my Lysithea, I plan on using Abraxas and Dark Spikes for her abilities. Gotta keep her using the Light/Dark dynamic, as well as the Dark Spikes memes from Three Houses.

Just now, Sire said:

Going off of Tutorials... "With at least support level C, you will have access to the adjutant's Unique Support and Tactical Abilities."
-- In other words, Hilda's Unique Support works even if she's not the active unit, provided the active unit is male and they have at least a C-Level Support. So, it's not A-Rank, it's just C-Rank, which everyone can get.
-- You can even confirm the effects in Mock Battle, where Advocate (Hilda's Unique Support) will pop up when she's the adjutant. I did with using Claude as Active and Hilda as Adjutant.

While it's true characters don't need Essence of Element (it allows for more freedom and mix-matching instead of being pressured into going all-in on the favored element), in my experience Gremory users really desire it to make their moveset feel interesting.
-- Regular Magic feels fine, as you have stated. It's just the augmented Strong Attacks of the Gremory (as well as the Class Action), make it so much more enjoyable to play as I find the default moveset lackluster. It helps that one can use augmented lower tier magic to spam and clear mobs instead of the regular moveset, saving augmented higher tier magic for more challenging encounters.
== Augmented Strong Attacks help other classes too, such as Holy Knights, Dark Knights, and Dark Bishops, but I feel their default moveset feels great enough on their own. Being augmented just makes them extra awesome.

As for my Lysithea, I plan on using Abraxas and Dark Spikes for her abilities. Gotta keep her using the Light/Dark dynamic, as well as the Dark Spikes memes from Three Houses.

If I'm not mistaken, support rank still matters because someone with a C rank support is only getting the base rank Advocate, whereas someone with A rank can get the fully upgraded one.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

If I'm not mistaken, support rank still matters because someone with a C rank support is only getting the base rank Advocate, whereas someone with A rank can get the fully upgraded one.

Interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing of this.

I wonder if an easy way to test is to use Linhardt as an adjutant and see how much Catnap recovers in an allied stronghold, as Catnap recovers a different amount of HP per Unique Support level.
-- If there is indeed a different, the heal amount should be different depending on the support level.

31 minutes ago, Sire said:

Interesting. This is the first time I'm hearing of this.

I wonder if an easy way to test is to use Linhardt as an adjutant and see how much Catnap recovers in an allied stronghold, as Catnap recovers a different amount of HP per Unique Support level.
-- If there is indeed a different, the heal amount should be different depending on the support level.

There is indeed a difference depending on support level, you don't even have to test like that, whenever the support ability activates, you'll see it in the upper left hand corner, and it will list its level there as well. If you only have C rank support, it will list level 1, even if you have level 3 on the adjutant.

As for essence of element boosting Gremory's strong attacks, frankly Gremory's moveset is really lackluster, and they're better off just spamming spells anyway. I'm sure you can get some use out of their attacks, but they definitely have one of the weakest movesets in the game.

Edited by ZanaLyrander

8 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

There is indeed a difference depending on support level, you don't even have to test like that, whenever the support ability activates, you'll see it in the upper left hand corner, and it will list its level there as well. If you only have C rank support, it will list level 1, even if you have level 3 on the adjutant.

As for essence of element boosting Gremory's strong attacks, frankly Gremory's moveset is really lackluster, and they're better off just spamming spells anyway. I'm sure you can get some use out of their attacks, but they definitely have one of the weakest movesets in the game.

Yeah. While I think no character is unviable, I think the only reason Gremory rates as "viable" is that spells themselves are overpowered. If I were just to rate the moveset, I think Gremory would be right up there with Bege Capone from PW4 as one of the most unviable kits in a Warriors game.

Did some testing myself with regards to Adjutants to confirm stuff.
-- Yeah, you guys are right, the Support Levels matter for the different tiers of the Unique Support and Tactical Abilities. I went into battle using Linhardt and Hilda and saw the different results, as well as the Lv popups for the active skills.
-- Guess Hilda is choosy on who to be a cheerleader for, at least with regards to her Unique Support. That being said, the same could be said of any Adjutant support with regards of their Unique Support ability, so I guess this is another factor when deciding to make a unit an Adjutant or not.

As for Gremory, yeah the default moveset sucks. The class is indeed carried by its ability to spam Magic.
-- If Elemental Essence is present, it makes the default moveset more fun to play when using an augmented Strong Attack/Class Action.
-- Elemental Essence also helps with the Magic Spam, as augmented spells are also quite fun to use.
-- Otherwise, other classes are just better. This is why I struggle with keeping Lysithea as a Gremory... (New Tome classes/movesets when?)
-- I just realized I practically posted my opinion of this already and just repeated myself...

Edited by Sire
Why do I keep repeating myself over and over? Halp.

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Did some testing myself with regards to Adjutants to confirm stuff.
-- Yeah, you guys are right, the Support Levels matter for the different tiers of the Unique Support and Tactical Abilities. I went into battle using Linhardt and Hilda and saw the different results, as well as the Lv popups for the active skills.
-- Guess Hilda is choosy on who to be a cheerleader for, at least with regards to her Unique Support. That being said, the same could be said of any Adjutant support with regards of their Unique Support ability, so I guess this is another factor when deciding to make a unit an Adjutant or not.

As for Gremory, yeah the default moveset sucks. The class is indeed carried by its ability to spam Magic.
-- If Elemental Essence is present, it makes the default moveset more fun to play when using an augmented Strong Attack/Class Action.
-- Elemental Essence also helps with the Magic Spam, as augmented spells are also quite fun to use.
-- Otherwise, other classes are just better. This is why I struggle with keeping Lysithea as a Gremory... (New Tome classes/movesets when?)

I guess it depends on how valuable the unique support ability in question is. Usually, pretty meh. Hilda's got one of the very best, IMO.

(Also, Hilda/Marianne may be one of the single best support pairings in the whole game. A rank support. Both of their unique supports are good and complement eachother, provided Hilda is a wyvern lord or great knight, and they've got good triangle coverage - Hilda's an axe and Marianne's probably going sword).

As for the Lysithea thing... I really don't think it's a hard choice. Yes, she's good at everything due to proficient witstrike. But the actual choice comes down to: do you want her to spam spells (Gremory with her broken tome), or to spam combat arts (Mortal Savant/Trickster/Dancer with her also broken sword)? 

15 minutes ago, Sire said:

I definitely prefer Gremory's normal attacks to the Mercenary line of sword classes (I find that movesets incredibly janky and they don't have range like Gremory does, nor the speed of Thief). Mortal Savant's better but why do I need to keep hitting strong attack between strings to get my elements back, Dark Knight and the mage classes don't put up with that nonsense. That said even if I thought Gremory's moveset was that bad, it'd still be a top tier class for the accelerated cooldown on magic.

3 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I definitely prefer Gremory's normal attacks to the Mercenary line of sword classes (I find that movesets incredibly janky and they don't have range like Gremory does, nor the speed of Thief). Mortal Savant's better but why do I need to keep hitting strong attack between strings to get my elements back, Dark Knight and the mage classes don't put up with that nonsense. That said even if I thought Gremory's moveset was that bad, it'd still be a top tier class for the accelerated cooldown on magic.

I guess it comes down to preference, but I don't dislike the Mercenary moveset at all. It only pales in comparison to the other sword movesets because they're actually god tier (as most of the movesets are). But it does a perfectly fine job of fulfilling the heavy sword/greatsword fantasy, and there's a satisfying oomph to that class action skill. Also, have you tried the moveset at A rank Swords? All movesets increase in both speed and combo limit as weapon rank increases. So even movesets that initially feel pretty bad (archer, fighter) do tend to pick up substantially when you've promoted to Master.

7 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

If I were just to rate the moveset, I think Gremory would be right up there with Bege Capone from PW4 as one of the most unviable kits in a Warriors game.

Is it that bad? Personally, I thought the Baton in HW is just plain terrible moveset wise. The best I can say about it is that it shreds enemies like paper on "All attacks are devastating" missions, but honestly, those are not too hard anyhow, at least unless you also have "No Item Attacks" as a restriction. And how bad is Bege Capone's moveset, while we're at it?

Edited by Shadow Mir

19 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Is it that bad? Personally, I thought the Baton in HW is just plain terrible moveset wise. The best I can say about it is that it shreds enemies like paper on "All attacks are devastating" missions, but honestly, those are not too hard anyhow, at least unless you also have "No Item Attacks" as a restriction. And how bad is Bege Capone's moveset, while we're at it?

Bege Capone's moveset is so bad I genuinely wonder how you're even supposed to win with it. You're a less mobile ranged character who does fuck all damage, and doesn't flinch foes with most of your attacks. Probably the single worst moveset in a Warriors game.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I guess it comes down to preference, but I don't dislike the Mercenary moveset at all. It only pales in comparison to the other sword movesets because they're actually god tier (as most of the movesets are). But it does a perfectly fine job of fulfilling the heavy sword/greatsword fantasy, and there's a satisfying oomph to that class action skill. Also, have you tried the moveset at A rank Swords? All movesets increase in both speed and combo limit as weapon rank increases. So even movesets that initially feel pretty bad (archer, fighter) do tend to pick up substantially when you've promoted to Master.

I haven't tried it then but honestly... I can't see a reason to do so? If you have an A in swords, Mercenary is guaranteed to be outclassed by other sword classe you have. Worse passives, worse damage multipliers, no magic access. But it's not just Mercenary; I feel that way about Swordmaster (I can't even imagine thinking that moveset is anywhere near "god tier") as well, and MS... still has its issues, though admittedly I'm now totally willing to forgive because magic.

I guess I'm not really here to fulfill some sort of weapon fantasy, I just notice when movesets have neither range nor speed and I find those movesets tend to be rather weak by default (for reference, I also dislike e.g. Darunia in HW). The axe movesets at least feel like they have some oomph to make up for it (though I won't say I'm the biggest fan of them either), and I do like the big earthquake move (it gives me that satisfying oomph you're talking about which I don't feel for the sword classes).

2 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I haven't tried it then but honestly... I can't see a reason to do so? If you have an A in swords, Mercenary is guaranteed to be outclassed by other sword classe you have. Worse passives, worse damage multipliers, no magic access. But it's not just Mercenary; I feel that way about Swordmaster (I can't even imagine thinking that moveset is anywhere near "god tier") as well, and MS... still has its issues, though admittedly I'm now totally willing to forgive because magic.

I guess I'm not really here to fulfill some sort of weapon fantasy, I just notice when movesets have neither range nor speed and I find those movesets tend to be rather weak by default (for reference, I also dislike e.g. Darunia in HW). The axe movesets at least feel like they have some oomph to make up for it (though I won't say I'm the biggest fan of them either), and I do like the big earthquake move (it gives me that satisfying oomph you're talking about which I don't feel for the sword classes).

It is weird hearing you dislike Swordmaster, since it's the same as Mortal Savant, which I consider the best sword moveset in the game. I admit, it took a little getting used to, but it's so damn satisfying, and extremely strong. But to each their own.

2 minutes ago, ZanaLyrander said:

It is weird hearing you dislike Swordmaster, since it's the same as Mortal Savant, which I consider the best sword moveset in the game. I admit, it took a little getting used to, but it's so damn satisfying, and extremely strong. But to each their own.

Yeah, definitely a "to each their own" (which is fine, to be clear!). I feel like most people I've talked to outside here have mentioned how much nicer the thief moveset feels than the merc/swordmaster ones, as well as how much nicer Shez is to control.I found the "recommended" transition from Fleugel to Swordmaster a painful one (Asura being my runaway pick for best sword moveset, incidentally).

Just now, Dark Holy Elf said:

Yeah, definitely a "to each their own" (which is fine, to be clear!). I feel like most people I've talked to outside here have mentioned how much nicer the thief moveset feels than the merc/swordmaster ones, as well as how much nicer Shez is to control.I found the "recommended" transition from Fleugel to Swordmaster a painful one (Asura being my runaway pick for best sword moveset, incidentally).

Oh I'll definitely agree with that last part, I was only counting the non-unique sword movesets, Asura blows the others out of the water, no question.

On 8/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, Jotari said:

Does it count as a ship if it's purely for political reasons?

I see. Guess I was a bit burned out on ancillary part 1 dialogue and supports by the time I first played Azure Moon (my fourth route in Three Houses). This still seems like a radical change for the character. I think they could have gotten away with just Cornelia alone as a boss. Also, what actually triggers this attempted coup? The timeline changing for Edelgard's route makes perfect sense as it jumps off the Monica plot, and the ramifications of what she does there changes the outcome of the entire game, but Claude and Dimitiri's plots are almost like filler. Rufus doesn't attempt his coup in Three Houses because he's just not in the mood? Cornelia does say something about not being able to contact Thales as a result of Edelgard's coup and goes ahead on her own authority but even then it's a bit silly that Rufus and Cornelia would just sit on this plan for months in the original timeline until Cornelia gets board or something and just kills Rufus instead. What would actually make more sense retroactively for Three Houses is if Dimitri actually did kill Rufus in private.

And Claude's timeline changes because Shahid just doesn't exist in Three Houses for some reason.

Shahid exists in Three Houses or rather Claude having asshole half-brothers exists. 

They mention in Golden Wildfire's prologue that Shahid made his move because they heard all the way in Almyra that Faerghus and Adrestia are unstable as they went through recent rebellions which is why Shahid thinks it's the perfect chance to attack

On 8/6/2022 at 12:34 AM, Jotari said:

I've been saying it was the obvious plot point for years.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:56 AM, Metal Flash said:

Honestly, having recently finished Golden Wildfire, I like the idea of them solidifying their alliance by marrying. Many fans would be outraged, but I would still like to see it. They have some good chemistry and their goals align pretty well.

I honestly think FE could use more arranged/political marriages, plot important or other wise.

And I now admit to seeing I was wrong to doubt your idea. 

They set up the marriage idea for a direction it could go in......so I'm just going to assume it's how Scarlet Blaze's timeline goes at least in my head

Spoiler

FaK_vThVEAEvzO5.jpg

Edited by Scarlet_Wildfire

55 minutes ago, Scarlet_Wildfire said:

Shahid exists in Three Houses or rather Claude having asshole half-brothers exists. 

They mention in Golden Wildfire's prologue that Shahid made his move because they heard all the way in Almyra that Faerghus and Adrestia are unstable as they went through recent rebellions which is why Shahid thinks it's the perfect chance to attack

He assembled that "largest army in history" super fast then. Though I guess Almyra, while bigger than Fodlan, might still be a place small enough where you can visit and repel invasions from three different corners of it in a single weekend.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Scarlet_Wildfire said:

They set up the marriage idea for a direction it could go in......so I'm just going to assume it's how Scarlet Blaze's timeline goes at least in my head

I like to think of it as a possibility in the future.