Tempest Trials+: Life & Death (Part 2)

13 hours ago, Xenomata said:

...no I'm not feeling for Eir and Ymir, SHUT UP I'M AN EMOTIONLESS TACTICIAN I SEND UNITS TO DIE FOR ME.

On another note, this was actually the first time I capped out on rewards far before the end of the TT. My Feh Pass was gonna expire, but I needed orbs to get a free summon from the Thief banner and the TT basically gave all the orbs I needed so... yeah.

...no I'm not crying, someone killed a bunch of onions.

I love your wording. XD

But yeah, the talk between Eir and Ymir was filled with some great character development and worldbuilding there. So, I guess Eir has to go collect all the spirits now...and we know that Ganglot is going to notice. I feel like the next TT+ will open up with what's going on with Ganglot and we'll finally get to see what she looks like (and, hopefully, who she's choosing to head up her armies. I'm hoping it's Surtr (so that Xenologue has meaning), Gustav (Lif parallel and he'd give some nice contrast to Ganglot), or Dead Sharena (because Dead Sharena.))

On 8/20/2022 at 2:37 AM, Mercakete said:

Dead Sharena (because Dead Sharena.))

I figured IS had completely forgotten about that, but that would be a great way to add an even greater persona stake for Eir. Finally making good on the Surtr Xenologue is a great idea too, thanks!

On 8/19/2022 at 12:51 PM, Xenomata said:

...no I'm not feeling for Eir and Ymir, SHUT UP I'M AN EMOTIONLESS TACTICIAN I SEND UNITS TO DIE FOR ME.

You're right, I absolutely didn't feel all the warm and fuzzies from hearing how much Ymir dotes on Eir, or how darn excited she was the day she was born, or how she's practically her second mother and thinks the world of her. Nope! No, sirree. Nuh uh. THAT WAS SO WHOLESOME, AHHH!!!!

And from a mythological sense, Ymir being so motherly actually makes sense, since Norse Ymir is literally the earth and sky themselves. His death was also the most significant event in his life (as far as the myths go) as a result, which fits FEH!Ymir to a T as well.

(I hope Ymir sticks around as a voice in Eir's head going forward and doesn't die a second time. Their dynamic is too sweet for just a few scant conversations over the next few months.)

On 8/11/2022 at 4:08 AM, Aedan7479 said:

I like that the goal this time is more than just "beat the bad guy", and the possibility is opened for more characters and world building, but now I'm getting the impression Ganglot is simply a bad guy for the sake of a bad guy to beat up at the end, I'm happy to be wrong, of course. 

Eh, I think it's fine to have a "bare minimum" bad guy if they trigger an interesting separate story. That's just a personal take of course, and it remains to be seen whether Eir and Ymir's quest to "revive the homeland" will be interesting too. If that story is boring AND Ganglot is a non-entity, then all of us lose.