Tempest Trials+: Life & Death (Part 2)

dzmK56Y.png A new Tempest Trials+ Series is coming, titled "Life & Death"! jGRktG5.png

JxR0Ub2.jpg

The curtain rises on Life & Death, a series of events focusing on the story of Eir and others from Hel, the realm of the dead!

Plus, story elements that feature Special Heroes chatting will be released on the 4th day and 7th day after the event starts!

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

bf4hhLw.jpg

Thief Festival Nina (& Kagero), Thief Festival Leila, Thief Festival Sothe, Thief Festival Cath, Thief Festival Rickard, Nina, Kagero and Leila.

Thief Festival Rickard's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

wZHgDwv.jpg

A thief who looks up to Julian. He is barely able to contain his excitement for thievery,
let alone a celebration of it. Appears in Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem.

PIXGtcA.png Florid Cane+ (Might: 14 / Range: 1)
Enables [Canto (Rem. +1)] . At start of combat, if foe's HP ≥ 75%, grants Atk/Spd+5 to unit during combat.

i4nmQzk.png Shove
Pushes target ally 1 space away.

C3atZqi.png Flier Formation 3
Unit can move to a space adjacent to a flying ally within 2 spaces.

Vfxcm4J.png Spd/Def Oath 3
At start of turn, if unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Spd/Def+5 to unit for 1 turn.

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

fdTlRDY.png Atk/Res Ideal
At start of combat, if unit's HP = 100% or if [Bonus] is active on unit, grants Atk/Res+5 to unit during combat.

yXTTTE8.png Distant Counter (Dragon)
Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range. Can only be equipped by Dragon units

You can also earn some Divine Codes: Ephemera 8 by reaching the 6,000 score, and a Light Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

Final Map:

Spoiler

pJb4wgT.jpg

Nina & Kagero: Shadowy Figures
Weapon:
Shadowy Quill
Assist: -
Special: Lethality
A Skill: Atk/Spd Catch 4
B Skill: Chill Def/Res 3
C Skill: C Feud 3

Enemy 2: Melee Infantry
Enemy 3: Ranged Infantry
Enemy 4: Ranged Infantry
Enemy 5: Melee Infantry

The next event in the series, titled Life & Death 3, is scheduled for Ver. 6.9.0. Because the story of Life & Death is told through a series of events,
you will be able to view the story on the Tempest Trials+ event page after the event is over, even if you didn't participate in it.

Oh my gosh. Distant Counter...as a seal?! DANG that's helpful!

Also, Rickard is great, but I also really like the design of his wyvern. 🙂 The beige + steely blue-green is really nice.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Oh my gosh. Distant Counter...as a seal?! DANG that's helpful!

Also, Rickard is great, but I also really like the design of his wyvern. 🙂 The beige + steely blue-green is really nice.

As excited as I am to get the 5-star version of Rickard, I’m also striving for that Distant Counter seal. I’ve gained 10,000 points just today! My Feh Pass expires in a few days and I want to make the most of Auto Battle while I still have it.

By the way, can Sacred Seals be removed and transferred to other characters once they’re used, or are they permanent?

30 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

As excited as I am to get the 5-star version of Rickard, I’m also striving for that Distant Counter seal. I’ve gained 10,000 points just today! My Feh Pass expires in a few days and I want to make the most of Auto Battle while I still have it.

By the way, can Sacred Seals be removed and transferred to other characters once they’re used, or are they permanent?

Sacred Seals are transferable. It's more like an attachment than an enhancement if that makes sense. It can be passed around at will. Congrats on the 10k already!

40 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Not only are they transferrable, you can use the same seal on different units at the same time as long as they're in separate teams by using the Lock Teams feature (the little padlock next to the team name).

This is allowed because you only can use each of those default twenty teams as standalone teams. So you can't re-use seals in modes like TT, Squad Assault and Arena Assault where the teams are assembled in a different way.

One complain I have is how lazy they were with the Distant Counter D icon. It's the same as normal Distant Counter. At least they could put the dragon icon on it.

Edit:

I was expecting something like this:   1929340781_DistantCounterD.png.876a12ae4436e0460d2178caaa0cc828.png

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

One complain I have is how lazy they were with the Distant Counter D icon. It's the same as normal Distant Counter. At least they could put the dragon icon on it.

Edit:

I was expecting something like this:   1929340781_DistantCounterD.png.876a12ae4436e0460d2178caaa0cc828.png

I was disappointed to see that, too. It could unfortunately be a sign that they're not planning on giving us any other Distant Counter seals, since if they were, they wouldn't want them to all have the same icon, and it would be weird for just the dragon one to be the normal DC icon.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

17 minutes ago, Florete said:

I was disappointed to see that, too. It could unfortunately be a sign that they're not planning on giving us any other Distant Counter seals, since if they were, they wouldn't want them to all have the same icon, and it would be weird for just the dragon one to be the normal DC icon.

Having the same icon probably doesn't matter much because on the Sacred Seal selection screen, all of the ones that the unit cannot use are darkened out.

It also makes sense to have the same icon because the skill effect is still identical to Distant Counter. The only difference is which unit classes the skill is locked out from.

That said, if they do eventually release Distant Counter for other unit classes, I don't think they will do so in the near future. Distant Counter is less out of the ordinary for dragons because they already had access to Lightning Breath.

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I wonder if they'll give us a Close Counter seal. It is a little bit weird to separate CC by class, but maybe they just give us full CC, since it is less powerful than DC.

At the very most, they might split it between physical and magical weapons. Splitting the Sacred Seals by class is a disadvantage in the short run because we only get access to them slowly, but it's a good thing in the long run because it means we can use the skill on multiple units at the same time.

I personally expect them to make only a single Close Counter Sacred Seal, but I would absolutely not be surprised if they make one for physical units and one for magical units. I would also expect us to get Close Counter before we get any other Distant Counter Sacred Seals.

The breaks are being slammed. I thought this was a normal distant counter seal, but I guess it's just for dragons. I'm about 1/5 as excited as I was for it, now.

Man, it's nice that we have a better explanation for why Eir had so many lives. It really makes what Hel did even more of an atrocity. Dang, that was a lot of plot for such a tiny bit of dialogue.

I like that the goal this time is more than just "beat the bad guy", and the possibility is opened for more characters and world building, but now I'm getting the impression Ganglot is simply a bad guy for the sake of a bad guy to beat up at the end, I'm happy to be wrong, of course. 

For now, Ganglot just want to succeed Hel as the new queen. She just "killed" Eir because if she stayed alive Hel people could complain about Ganglot taking the throne while "a rightful heir" is still alive.

I need more info about Ganglot before giving a full opinion about her.

5 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

This is one of the toughest trials I experienced in recent memory.

I attached my playthrough here. I know I sound like a noob, but it took me like five tries to complete this trial using only one team without additional bonuses/

I mean... I wouldn't say Bride Charlotte is a good unit to use though, but I can see she is helpful to you. And why some of them don't have their full skillset learned, or even seals equipped?

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I mean... I wouldn't say Bride Charlotte is a good unit to use though, but I can see she is helpful to you. And why some of them don't have their full skillset learned, or even seals equipped?

Oh I haven't used them enough to max their skills. I usually try a self-imposed challenge to rotate my team for every tempest trial as far as possible.

Okay, come on, Matthew. That is obviously Leila. Even without the "disguise" shouldn't you recognize her voice? She wasn't even trying to hide who she was! Maybe this is him playing a trick on her or something...? It's weird that she reacted so strongly when the best she gave him was "It's me!" Leila's more mature than that.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:54 AM, Mercakete said:

Okay, come on, Matthew. That is obviously Leila. Even without the "disguise" shouldn't you recognize her voice? She wasn't even trying to hide who she was! Maybe this is him playing a trick on her or something...? It's weird that she reacted so strongly when the best she gave him was "It's me!" Leila's more mature than that.

Given the Heroes setting, I half wonder if maybe Matthew is playing the "That's not MY Leila, my Leila is dead" card.

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Given the Heroes setting, I half wonder if maybe Matthew is playing the "That's not MY Leila, my Leila is dead" card.

Or Leila unintentionally learned how to make a paper-thin disguise work (like Azura in Conquest).

I think they call that achievements in ignorance. 

I think FE in general wants us to believe that disguises that are clearly not convincing to the players are actually convincing in-game. Or something.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mercakete said:

Masks are absolute. I keep saying this, but people don't believe me.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Soooo I guess Matthew seriously didn't recognize Leila. I'm just...really disappointed. Oh well. Hopefully the Life and Death story bit ends on a better note, like revealing what Ganglot looks like, or who she's going to appoint as the new leader of the dead's armies. I don't think IS would do this, but it'd be cool if we got 2 of them, like how Hel had Lif and Thrasir.

...no I'm not feeling for Eir and Ymir, SHUT UP I'M AN EMOTIONLESS TACTICIAN I SEND UNITS TO DIE FOR ME.

On another note, this was actually the first time I capped out on rewards far before the end of the TT. My Feh Pass was gonna expire, but I needed orbs to get a free summon from the Thief banner and the TT basically gave all the orbs I needed so... yeah.

...no I'm not crying, someone killed a bunch of onions.