I am afraid of the theological doctrine asserting that the bread and wine become the real and present body of Christ in the Eucharist, changing in substance while retaining their accidence

AnonymousSpeed

Consubstantiation for the people in the audience.

The taig in me looks at them askance, eat your slice of christ and be calm. The rest of me shrugs.

Do not be afraid, for it is only meant to represent his body and blood in His place, showing that Christ is with you. By consuming the bread and wine that Christ provided, and understanding that He offered His blood and body, as well as His life, as a sacrifice so that the sins of humanity may be forgiven, you are accepting Him into your heart.

6 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Consubstantiation for the people in the audience.

I thought consubstantiation was the theological doctrine asserting that the bread and wine become the real and present body of Christ in the Eucharist, but retain their original substance in addition to acquiring the substance of Christ?

6 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

The taig in me looks at them askance, eat your slice of christ and be calm. The rest of me shrugs.

>taig

get outta here

6 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Do not be afraid

Amen.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

eoNXAIKy_o.png

I hope the rest of whatever game this is has equally good writing.

6 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I hope the rest of whatever game this is has equally good writing.

4FEx0tUY_o.png

5 hours ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

Wow is that a secret conversation from Final Fantasy Tactics?

No, it's a regular conversation from Vandal Hearts 2. Legit one of my favorite strategy games out there. The combat system is brilliant.

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I thought consubstantiation was the theological doctrine asserting that the bread and wine become the real and present body of Christ in the Eucharist, but retain their original substance in addition to acquiring the substance of Christ?

I thought that was what you meant with accidence, I didn't find anything when briefly trying to figure out that before posting so I thought wrong apparently..

RIP me reading this I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...