Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, that's the thing, that the actual Queen title is used.

Like I said, I can only think that it might be a similar situation like Naga, who also uses 神竜王, if I recall. Since one is used for a normal human ruler, but the other for the ruler of dragons. Perhaps a distinction... but well, might still be too early to tell.

Now I don’t know a lot of kaga but was Naga a male that got retconned ?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

Now I don’t know a lot of kaga but was Naga a male that got retconned ?

That certainly has a long history behind that.

We never saw Naga personally, but humanity depicted a man. But then one game later Naga was assuming the female form, and has been female ever since... but then another statement was made at some point that her human forms at least are not bound to gender, and has been called both in the past. So... yeah, it's a long story.

Ultimately, the key thing here is that Japan is known to employ gender neutral terms, able to do it far better than English. So like I said, we might need to wait for the English Twitter. It could be translated as "Divine Dragon Ruler", which would be more accurate in spirit. Perhaps.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That certainly has a long history behind that.

We never saw Naga personally, but humanity depicted a man. But then one game later Naga was assuming the female form, and has been female ever since... but then another statement was made at some point that her human forms at least are not bound to gender, and has been called both in the past. So... yeah, it's a long story.

Ultimately, the key thing here is that Japan is known to employ gender neutral terms, able to do it far better than English. So like I said, we might need to wait for the English Twitter. It could be translated as "Divine Dragon Ruler", which would be more accurate in spirit. Perhaps.

Thank you for the explanation! It's good to have yet another person here who knows Japanese!

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thank you for the explanation! It's good to have yet another person here who knows Japanese!

Oh, well, can't say I know that much. It is though something that has popped up enough times here on SF.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

If she doesn't know Lumiere is dead, that could be really tragic!

Yeah, especially if she starts to blame Alear for Lumiere`s death.

Spoiler

I originally had a crackpot theory that she is the true divine dragon with Alear, the child of the Fell Dragon, being a fake that was installed by the Four Hounds. But then I realized 1)that makes no sense and b) it would just be Robin again with a few extra steps

Correct me if I`m wrong, but haven`t there been times in history where women have taken on the title of King to hold power?

7 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Lumiere is probably THE ruler of the Divine Dragons while Eve was the wife of the King of Firene

This too, but as Acacia said, Lumiere's title is gender neutral in Japanese; unfortunately we don't have neutral titles in English so the translator defaulted to "King".

52 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

it would just be Robin again with a few extra steps

Well, we're already using the Fell Dragon and "kingdom who worships the Fell Dragon" concepts again, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

In all seriousness though, a repeated plot point that specific would raise a ton of eyebrows so I see why you don't think it'll happen 😛

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Well, we're already using the Fell Dragon and "kingdom who worships the Fell Dragon" concepts again, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

In all seriousness though, a repeated plot point that specific would raise a ton of eyebrows so I see why you don't think it'll happen 😛

I hope they stick to Alear being the Divine Dragon and take advantage of that perspective.

But there is always a chance until confirmed otherwise.

43 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Being an anniversary game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's deliberate up to a point.

Agreed, but a lot of people would be very vocal in their hate if this is a 1:1 copy of Awakening's story.

I personally wouldn't mind if it borrowed from other FE plots as long as the execution was handled well.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Agreed, but a lot of people would be very vocal in their hate if this is a 1:1 copy of Awakening's story.

I personally wouldn't mind if it borrowed from other FE plots as long as the execution was handled well.

To be perfectly honest, a big reason why I don't like Awakenings story is that I don't think they executed it well.

Rather it felt like 3 separate stories stitched together with little cohesion and not enough time to flesh them out. Now to mention how Valm is barely needed at all and just took focus away from Ylisse.

Cohesion seems to be something Intelligent Systems struggles with of late, which is a shame because the GBA and Tellius eras did very well at execution.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Being an anniversary game, I wouldn't be surprised if it's deliberate up to a point.

I truly hope it is only "to a point" and not the entire plot

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Me too, but I would still like some uniqueness.

Probably gonna sound greedy, but I hope, if we get a new trailer, it will focus more on the gameplay.

19 minutes ago, Crubat said:

updated the post with new tweets

I haven't read the non-Lythos ones yet (though I saw the clips). It's a stark change now to see the info train in full steam though, they really picked things up as of the trailer (and after Pokemon released)! On the other hand, we got two characters revealed in one day and I'm not sure that bodes well for the "don't reveal the full cast before release" sentiment.

Thanks for always keeping this thread updated Crubat! I hate to say this, but I think it's time for me personally to duck out of the news cycle, but I hope everyone else has a lot of fun with the new character reveals (without too much complaining about appearances and the like, I'd hope). I may go back on my word though, so we'll see how long this lasts. Someone please let me know if we get any more info on the mechanics, but until then: see ya!

P.S. Crubat: You had a free post to use for tweet updates earlier on... but on the other hand I don't think you need to fear retribution for double posting so long after the fact, so keep going! 😛

The cutscenes look beautiful as ever and I really like the music in the Vale cutscene. Sounds very nostalgic. I'm assuming it's gonna be her theme in the game.

I'm excited to see what we get next week provided they keep consistent updates (ngl found it a bit weird they did Firene then Lythos rather than the other way around but whetever). I presume we'll get an update for each country with official art of each rep (Diamanté, dancer girl, goth dragon girl), at least I hope we do, to at least give dancer girl a name finally (and to officially reveal goth girls names lol). Hopefully we can expect a less aggravating content schedule from next week (since I doubt we'll get anything over the weekend)

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Really seems like this artist is just plain terrible with faces. Dragon mom barely looks older than Alear.

Does this artist just know how to do one girl face? Even Vale has the same face despite having a younger appearance.

I have to disagree. Dragons are know for their long lifespan, so Lumera can look not much older than her child. And Veyle clearly looks different, much younger in my opinion.

Also, don't blame the artist for same faces. The characters 2D art are quite distinct, so this is more of a model problem than anything

19 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

I have to disagree. Dragons are know for their long lifespan, so Lumera can look not much older than her child. And Veyle clearly looks different, much younger in my opinion.

Also, don't blame the artist for same faces. The characters 2D art are quite distinct, so this is more of a model problem than anything

Ahaha, I was thinking the same thing yesterday

Look at FE 11 character portrait and artwork, it is night and day

Lumera's name means light, Alear's Japanese name means glow, and Sombron's name probably comes from the Spanish word for shadow
Then there's Veyle, which sounds like veil, which is to cover or conceal something. is she Sombron's daughter?
A glowing light, a veiling shadow?

3 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Then there's Veyle, which sounds like veil, which is to cover or conceal something. is she Sombron's daughter?

Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense. I figured she would be the "Lilith" (Alear`s secret sister) of this game, but that could also work

Spoiler

I secretly hope she is actually a mole planted by the Four Hounds that betrays Alear later in the game, cause I think that would be a interesting take on the "little dragon girl who joins the party" trope FE liked to employ. That said, I highly doubt they would go for that.