Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

4 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Damn that's really comprehensive. Thank you for posting this! Did you make it?

@DefyingFates You may want to see this

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Just throwing it out there
image.png

And this is incredible, thank you so much for putting it all together! I was going to start looking at weapons, but here you are with them, other equipment AND so many skills! Thanks again!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Just throwing it out there
image.png

I've had a passing intent of trying something like this, but quickly gave up because of the workload of reviewing all the footage from every version of every trailer, and compiling it all. Thank you so much.

Mystical units ignore terrain bonuses when they attack with magic (like of they attack someone in a bush)
Flying units behave the way they normally do
Celica's Synchro Skill is Corrupted Revenge, characters will recover some HP when they attack a Corrupted
She has Seraphim as an Engage Weapon which does bonus damage to Corrupted
They also talk about Echo and Warp Ragnarok, but Flying units get an extra 5 Warp range

Observations!

- Some newly revealed weapons:

image.png.4f7126ef02c22e298568bcf6b6d128c7.png

Rescue

image.png.41991b073b4a31fdc18f531401b431a9.png

Silver Greataxe

- Thoron is confirmed to have 3 range

image.png.4de0c1a3ec6cbe53318d7f9f1cb671a2.png

- Our boi is giving Goldmary 2 weapons, I'm not sure what they are though

- The map at 0:51 has Fabrication enemies, so looks like it's another throwback map. Can someone tell me which map is it?

- Also, on that map and the volcano one right before, some enemies glow red. Not sure what is the significance of that though.

- The volcano map has an interesting faint red area and a bright purple area

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm stupid. The glowing red enemies seems to be selected to see their range, which is most likely the faint red area. Still not sure about the bright purple one though.

image.png.40e992c3ec18e8f3a69814cf01a70f98.png

- You can use Ragnarok outside of Warp Ragnarok (the forth weapon from the left. Sorry for the low quality image, it's Citrinne's inventory in the volcano map if you want to check it out for yourself)

Edited by kienquocsi

5 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Mystical units ignore terrain bonuses when they attack with magic (like of they attack someone in a bush)
Flying units behave the way they normally do
Celica's Synchro Skill is Corrupted Revenge, characters will recover some HP when they attack a Corrupted
She has Seraphim as an Engage Weapon which does bonus damage to Corrupted
They also talk about Echo and Warp Ragnarok, but Flying units get an extra 5 Warp range

Celica's Synchro Skill (which is localized as Holy Stance btw) actually return half damage when getting hurt by Corrupted enemies (like Counter)

Also, Warp Ragnarok has a range of 10 for other unit types

10 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Some newly revealed weapons:

Thank you for sharing these!

11 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

- Our boi is giving Goldmary 2 weapons, I'm not sure what they are though

I think the first is Binding Blade, but the hilt is upside down.

11 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

image.png.40e992c3ec18e8f3a69814cf01a70f98.png

Thanks for this! The kanji means "Movement" right? I wonder why it's set to 0, is this during Warp Ragnarok?

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks for this! The kanji means "Movement" right? I wonder why it's set to 0, is this during Warp Ragnarok?

It is Movement, though I'm not sure why it's set to 0 either. In the Nintendo topics article she also has 0 movement, maybe a map effect? Or frozen by the enemy? It's not during Warp Ragnarok though, she's using Echo here.

2 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

It is Movement, though I'm not sure why it's set to 0 either. In the Nintendo topics article she also has 0 movement, maybe a map effect? Or frozen by the enemy? It's not during Warp Ragnarok though, she's using Echo here.

Maybe movement is set to zero during Echo? The overview trailer showed Echo being used twice from the same position too.

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Maybe movement is set to zero during Echo? The overview trailer showed Echo being used twice from the same position too.

Echo forces people to stand still, but the movement number doesn't get set to 0, like with Celine in the Emblem trailer

Just now, kienquocsi said:

Echo forces people to stand still, but the movement number doesn't get set to 0, like with Celine in the Emblem trailer

Oh, my bad! Then I don't know. I think you're right about the penalty then. We know offensive staves are in Engage, after all.

Additional note:

- How could I miss Leif! Here're his equipments and skills (1:04 in the video):

image.thumb.png.3e6bb97b5ae391d6a19d0cb0a7ca28e8.png

- Also here are Roy's skills, because I forgot to add them in the previous post (00:52 in the video):

image.png.c67bcc2bea080af05f5636ba26351afa.png

- And the yellow glow is indeed "Spirit of Fallen Warriors", like in 3 Houses

image.png.b7a2962c8ca13ca681266b2e753d8b1e.png

- At 1:06, Pandoro does NOT takes 1 damage when using Warp Ragnarok. One difference I found is that he does not have the Resonance skill, so my theory is that skill takes 1 damage when using Celica's Echo and Warp Ragnarok (and maybe other things too) in exchange for something (increase might maybe?) The Japanese name is "Resonating Black Magic" by the way.

- Hit/Avoid effect:

+ Pandoro next to Goldmary (no support) (1 enemy in range): +3 hit/avoid

+ Pandoro next to enemy (2 enemies in range): + 6 hit/avoid

+ Pandoro next to Alear (C support) (1 enemy in range): + 16 hit, +11 avoid

+ Pandoro next to Rosado (B support) (also next to enemy) (2 enemies in range): + 21 hit, +11 avoid

+ Pandoro still next to Rosado, but only 1 enemy in range: + 18 hit, + 8 avoid

I leave the number of enemies in range there because I thought he has a skill that grants +3 hit/avoid for each enemies in range, but that still doesn't leave a number divisible by 5 in Alear's case, so idk anymore.

One last thing, why is the Fabrication Male Hero so handsome XD

Edited by kienquocsi

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

How could I miss Leif! Here're his equipments and skills (1:04 in the video):

There's clearly way more going on than meets the eye, so I can't blame you!

The axe is definitely Helswath. The centerpiece is different, but the blades are the same. The lance looks like Gae Bolg but has Gungnir's color scheme, so that's fun.

Thank you very much for yet more observations! I'll add those and the spirits to the other thread ASAP!

P.S. Thanks to Leif being a Master Knight in FE5, I guess he like Byleth can potentially have all of the divine weapons from his game. I wonder if his Engage "Attack" will be a supportive one too? Step up your game, Marth.

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

- The map at 0:51 has Fabrication enemies, so looks like it's another throwback map. Can someone tell me which map is it?

The most I can say at the moment is that it looks like the final map of Sacred stones. The first part of it that is.

Thanks for your work both of you:)

I am curious if staves will also cost HP to use.

If I had to guess, Roy is giving Goldmary the Binding Blade/Sword of Seals and maybe Eckesacks (Zephiel`s sword), but I am unsure of the later. 

Leif seems to give a nice variety of weapons when equipped. I imagine the axe is Helswath, though the spear looks closer to Gungnir than the Gaè Bolg. Leif also seems to boost a lot of stats, though that is something most Emblems seem to do.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

The most I can say at the moment is that it looks like the final map of Sacred stones.

It sucks that we don't have a mini-map, but the aesthetics certainly check out (along with there being a seeming pit in the middle of it). Thank you! No one's equipped Eirika here, but I don't think that proves that this is how we get her Ring, similar to past throwback maps.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Thanks for your work both of you:)

That's so kind of you to say, thank you again!!

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

I am curious if staves will also cost HP to use.

Staves have durability, so I think that's cost enough to use them. Celica's skills needing HP costs is just a FE2 throwback, after all.

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

maybe Eckesacks (Zephiel`s sword), but I am unsure of the later. 

I did consider that, but the shape is completely different. In hindsight though, that could just mean Eckesachs has been redesigned. Good point, thank you!

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

image.thumb.png.3e6bb97b5ae391d6a19d0cb0a7ca28e8.png

Leif has Vantage.

The first skill skill on the first row might be Charm/Charisma. Nanna had Charisma in both Genealogy and Thracia, so they might be sharing that trait with Leif (who is the most handsome FE protagonist anyway -Shouzou Kaga).

The second one could be Death Blow.

The fourth one could be related to Jugdral's Leadership stat or Thracia's support system and thus give nearby allies bonuses to one or some of accuracy, avoid, crit and crit evade, so something similar to Charisma. In Thracia, Leif is unique in that he supports 16(!) characters when others can only support 0-4. Maybe +3 due to allies within 3 spaces just like with Leadership/Supports?

No idea about the rest.

4 minutes ago, Safy said:

The first skill skill on the first row might be Charm/Charisma. Nanna had Charisma in both Genealogy and Thracia, so they might be sharing that trait with Leif (who is the most handsome FE protagonist anyway -Shouzou Kaga).

The second one could be Death Blow.

The fourth one could be related to Jugdral's Leadership stat or Thracia's support system and thus give nearby allies bonuses to one or some of accuracy, avoid, crit and crit evade, so something similar to Charisma. In Thracia, Leif is unique in that he supports 16(!) characters when others can only support 0-4. Maybe +3 due to allies within 3 spaces just like with Leadership/Supports?

All the skills on the top row are Rosado's. Leif only has the skills on the bottom row (including Vantage, as you pointed out).

Now that I take a closer look, there's no Bond EXP bar below their names even though we've seen Bonds go up to Lv 10. Maybe those throwback maps are how you unlock the remaining levels? Maybe you unlock Paralogues for Emblems like side stories in games like Persona or Yakuza: get their Bond to a certain level and they'll trust you enough to ask for help with something; help them and you get the rest of their abilities as a reward/ show of deeper trust?

39 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

All the skills on the top row are Rosado's. Leif only has the skills on the bottom row (including Vantage, as you pointed out).

Oooh, right, my bad. Charisma/Charm and Death Blow might be correct regardless.

One thing I'm kinda curious on. Ivy and Hortensia seem to be princesses of Elusia which is the Plegia of this game's world. In preview footage the enemy troops are often identified as belonging to Elusia. Yet the princesses seem to be playable characters. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

One thing I'm kinda curious on. Ivy and Hortensia seem to be princesses of Elusia which is the Plegia of this game's world. In preview footage the enemy troops are often identified as belonging to Elusia. Yet the princesses seem to be playable characters. 

I mean, they could defect to the player's side for whatever reason. It's not the first time in the series where royalty joins the player and fight their own country.

Also, this is just my baseless guess/hope, but I think Leif first skill could grant bonus crit rate for follow up attacks (referring to FUCC, or whatever it is called now). The third skill might let user steal enemy's weapons, because why not?

Edited by kienquocsi

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Staves have durability, so I think that's cost enough to use them. Celica's skills needing HP costs is just a FE2 throwback, after all.

Ah, I didn`t notice that. Alright then.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I did consider that, but the shape is completely different. In hindsight though, that could just mean Eckesachs has been redesigned. Good point, thank you!

No problem! It was the only other notable Elibe sword I could think of.

I theorise that Ivy and Hortensia join after the Four Hounds become the true villains. Either by taking center stage, or manipulating the Sage King somehow.