Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

On the Tellius front, 3-13 was a great pick, but in a game with some of the consistent best map design in the franchise, choosing the map people remember for being the worst map in both games (the bridge) is.... a choice.

Hopefully they fixed the pitfall mechanic enough to redeem the map, and hopefully we also get Elincia's Gambit and Port Toha/Blood Runs Red.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

choosing the map people remember for being the worst map in both games (the bridge) is.... a choice.

Maybe they wanted to give people war flashbacks to pick maps that were known for being difficult (though that's clearly not a good thing in this particular instance)?

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Maybe they wanted to give people war flashbacks to pick maps that were known for being difficult (though that's clearly not a good thing in this particular instance)?

It probably has more to do with major story beats.

Spoiler

3-13 is a major conflict between Micaiah and Ike. The bridge marks a conflict with one of Daein's 4 riders AND you returning to Crimea.

42 minutes ago, Crubat said:

To be fair it seems like we're getting some of the hardest/memorable maps from the series so if they do this right it'll be a good challenge with fun solutions thanks to emblems

Yes, that's true. The new maps are looking exciting as well. Also the enemy density seemed decent on some maps. If the bosses have two (or even more) health bars, perhaps the enemy quality will be good enough as well.

15 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It probably has more to do with major story beats.

Fair enough. I guess there could also be some connection to special weapons, since FE6 20x is when you get Mulagir, IIRC?

4 minutes ago, Safy said:

Yes, that's true. The new maps are looking exciting as well. Also the enemy density seemed decent on some maps. If the bosses have two (or even more) health bars, perhaps the enemy quality will be good enough as well.

Yeah, while Engage looks whimsical on the surface and seems easy with the Emblems, the maps do seem pretty interesting. Hopefully the human bosses having multiple health bars doesn't mean we're getting "bullet sponges" though, for lack of a better word, since giving them that system seems ripe for so much potential for interesting set-ups and encounters.

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

choosing the map people remember for being the worst map in both games (the bridge) is.... a choice.

I don't remember seeing the bridge map anywhere though. If you're talking about the one in Alcryst's trailer, it's clearly not a throwback map, since there are Elusian enemies and even Hortensia as a boss

15 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

On the Tellius front, 3-13 was a great pick, but in a game with some of the consistent best map design in the franchise, choosing the map people remember for being the worst map in both games (the bridge) is.... a choice.

The bridge isn't a throwback map, those pitfalls are just terrain from the start rather than hidden traps, and the layout isn't the same as either version from Tellius. As far as we know, they picked ch 8 from PoR, Despair and Hope. Which is also a pretty good song from Grandia 2

Okay, so hope you guys left some things for me to find todayXD

Edit:

- So I had noticed it a while ago, but the enemies' accuracy and avoid sometimes do not line up with everything else. Couldn't really make sure because we almost never see enemy stats, but it happens several times in Corrin's trailer. I think lower difficulty levels may either leave them with a worse formula, or simply a static debuff. Could be for other reasons, though.

- While it's unsurprising considering the formulas, accuracy and avoid can grow very high in this game. I know Alcryst is on +30 Avoid terrain, but these are very uncommon numbers for this series, and he's only level 5 promoted.
FinFIOb.png

- Most of those Corrin buffs may be very situational, but the fact that unlike Byleth you can use them even outside of engage and there's stuff like complete break immunity or +30 Avo can allow for some silly strats.
I did wonder if using it built up the engage gauge, by the way. Unfortunately, we're not shown.

- I hadn't really picked up on it, but Corrin has the same skill as Seazas, namely this one :
aIU8mIl.png

I think that's the only instance of an emblem and a regular characters skill being the same ? It isn't, both Leif and Panetonne have Vantage's icon. Thanks Aggro Incarnate!

- The dual Katana seems pretty weak. -6 Mt compared to a Tomahawk, and -10 compared to an Iron Poleaxe. Plus, in a world where accuracy isn't modified by the weapon triangle and every unit can use every engage weapon, giving the dual katana would amount to the same as giving an Iron lance or something, which isn't too exciting. Hopefully there's more to it.
Edit: worth noting, there's a possibility that Berserkers get higher Axe damage, which would help explain the number difference.

- Neither Berserker nor Swordmaster seemed to have a passive crit boost of any kind. Unfortunate.

- I think we also finally have confirmation that 1-2 range is unrestricted, or at the very least the Tomahawk is. Its stats don't even seem bad at all, and we have infinite durability.
"sigh"
... I really hope they know what they're doing here.

- Not too much to say about the other two trailers that hasn't been said, however... well all three emblems visible here are ready to engage from the preps. Like, I don't want to be negative, I'm really excited about all this stuff, but... it feels like we're just going to destroy this game with all those tools.

Edited by Cysx

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

So I had noticed it a while ago, but the enemies' accuracy and avoid sometimes do not line up with everything else. Couldn't really make sure because we almost never see enemy stats, but it happens several times in Corrin's trailer. I think lower difficulty levels may either leave them with a worse formula, or simply a static debuff. Could be for other reasons, though.

Yeah I think sometimes it's a thing. I also remember noticing back in the very first reveal trailer, there was an enemy with nonzero AS but zero Avoid.

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

- I hadn't really picked up on it, but Corrin has the same skill as Seazas, namely this one :
aIU8mIl.png

I think that's the only instance of an emblem and a regular characters skill being the same ?

Emblem Leif and Panettone also have skills that both use the Vantage icon.
I am a little hesitant to brand shared icon skills the one and the same skill, b/c 3H has made a precedent of different skills getting the same icon. But we'll have to see.

Speaking of skill icons...
image.png
Would appreciate things I've missed
(BTW I'm not planning on including cut-off skill icons, like the ones we've seen from those obscured by various Instruct effect text descriptions in the Emblem Byleth trailer)

On another note, I recall people suspecting these red gems below HP bars being an extra HP bar.
We've seen it on enemy Hortensia and enemy suspected-to-Micaiah character so far...
Incidentally, here, it shows up even below the HP value in the bottom of the screen, so this seems quite likely.
battle-preparations-008.jpg

That said, I also vaguely recall also seeing a purple gem below the HP bar somewhere?

Also, yet another instance of Alear with an empty Emblem...
corrin-overview-027.jpg
corrin-overview-028.jpg

Caught on multiple frames, so this does not seem like a loading issue.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

25 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Also, yet another instance of Alear with an empty Emblem...

Maybe there's a secret Emblem Ring after all, or Alear gets an ability after promoting that lets them copy someone else's Emblem Ring?

Thank you for the updated weapon and skill visual too, I can't believe you were able to make it in the first place, let alone add to it!

18 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Yeah I think sometimes it's a thing. I also remember noticing back in the very first reveal trailer, there was an enemy with nonzero AS but zero Avoid.

That enemy also had lowered accuracy, as his score of 83 was lower than his weapon's(85).
A mere -10 to both doesn't really work on both cases of Corrin's trailer, though, so it's not that simple.

22 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Would appreciate things I've missed

Honestly I haven't done my own listing really but, nothing jumps to my eye. Best I can say is that you have the "Iron Greataxe" listed twice, but that doesn't seem like an oversight.

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

or Alear gets an ability after promoting that lets them copy someone else's Emblem Ring?

You know, I think you may be onto something here.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

You know, I think you may be onto something here.

Thanks! You know, it'd be a neat twist on the dragon transformations if instead of turning into a dragon Alear turned into an Engaged form (kinda like Xane, I guess). It'd be a let down for people who want dragon!Alear though, there's no getting around that. I'd like to see dragon Alear myself!

Also, considering Alear gets the best version of every Emblem ability, it would make sense if he could just mimic them off of his teammates so he isn't robbing anyone of the chance to get their ideal set-up as well.

48 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Oh my god, Joker is now a clown.

Persona!

Joke's on you, I love that!

Corrin looks quite good too. I can't tell what dragon vein would be the best (outside of Alear having access to them all) but I am surprised it is a sync skill and not an engage one, feels like that would make more sense ala Byleth engage skill being instruct. I also wonder if veins may also impede player units or will we be able to magically not get affected. If they do, it would make using them need more strategy.

Another thought I'm having, I have a feeling we may have seen the majority of units that we will be recruiting:

Spoiler

Obviously we have the 17 who have been officially revealed in bios/by the website (Alear, their guardians, all 8 royals, the Firene gang and Anna).

Outside of them, we have a number of units we've seen in shots thanks to trailers:

Citrinne, Lapis, Amber, Jade, Goldmary, Rosado, Yunaka, Seadall, Bonet, Pandoro, Merrin, Panettone and briefly Kagetsu.

Then, via leaks we know about Jakobo and also Mauvier being playable.

In total that is 32 units. I do feel like we will see a few more but I can't see there being many more with how we've seen what seems to be pretty late into the game with them showing Alear at level 20 in their promoted class, which is pretty insane.

44 minutes ago, Azz said:

I also wonder if veins may also impede player units or will we be able to magically not get affected.

I think it's possible that the affected tiles are fair game for both sides, since that's how they worked in Fates IIRC. And in Engage, tiles change even if no one's currently standing on them. While accidentally healing your enemies would be a pain, I can see the other types at the very least interacting with all units.

45 minutes ago, Azz said:

Another thought I'm having, I have a feeling we may have seen the majority of units that we will be recruiting:

I didn't read more than the first line of the spoilered text, but after all the hoping that we'd avoid another 3H situation it seems like we ended up in one anyway. Despite the slow news roll-out to begin with at that! It seems like we're getting Fates' distribution of characters too, with most of them being royals and retainers with two or three commoners. Huh.

In regards to the empty emblem icon, does anyone think it might be the dev team "censoring" a spoiler character that appears as an emblem?

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up in terms of any possibility of someone other than the main 12 getting in the game...

9 minutes ago, VerilyYouSay said:

In regards to the empty emblem icon, does anyone think it might be the dev team "censoring" a spoiler character that appears as an emblem?

I'm really trying not to get my hopes up in terms of any possibility of someone other than the main 12 getting in the game...

Unless it's Anri, Tiki, or Naga, I don't see any story emblem upgrade happening. Marth gets blatant favoritism, and even was the spoiler upgrade character in TMS.

44 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Unless it's Anri, Tiki, or Naga, I don't see any story emblem upgrade happening. Marth gets blatant favoritism, and even was the spoiler upgrade character in TMS.

Stealth Nagi again.

1 hour ago, VerilyYouSay said:

My money is that it's related to Alear

I'd say there's no need for the devs to resort to censorship, they could just not equip the Emblem, or keep Alear off-screen, or choose another map, any number of other methods instead of censoring a scene such that it doesn't reflect what the final game will (or at least is planned to) look like.

As for my guesses:

1. Alear gets some skill that is based on how full their Emblem Gauge is, like "Boosts Hit and Avoid by 3 x <Emblem Gauge Charge>" or something, and even if they don't equip an Emblem they still get a Gauge so the skill isn't worthless. Or perhaps a unique combat art that requires Emblem Gauge charge as a cost
  2. Enemies stealing Emblems and/or the Emblem standing around as a boss makes the Emblem "empty," but the gauge is still there for when you take them back
  3. Emblems don't all start out as unlocked. Maybe the first time you get e.g. Micaiah's ring she's "sleeping" and the Emblem's contents are a mystery to the player until you awaken her, but you can still Engage with her to access her first skill
  4. Alear is able to engage with something other than the 12 Emblems. This could be the 13th "Fire Emblem," or maybe they can use the gauge to use their own Divine Dragon abilities. Or if Veyle is really on our side and is not the evil hooded figure maybe Alear can use the gauge to channel her powers like Sothis or Arval.

5 hours ago, VerilyYouSay said:

Well my money is on that's Ephraim. After realizing him sneaking into a frame, they just remove his icon for future trailers

6 hours ago, Azz said:

I have a feeling we may have seen the majority of units that we will be recruiting

Spoiler

I think we should have around 10 more characters, since 32 is still too low for a Fire Emblem game. And those are unlikely to be affiliated to the royals, so finger-crossed!

I will say that I don't like the idea of royals and retainers making up most of the roster either, since variety is the spice of life, but as long as the recruitment spread is good (btw, Awakening is good imo, Fates is fine I guess, 3H is horrendous), I don't mind that much.

11 hours ago, Cysx said:

I really hope they know what they're doing here.

Considering the game looks really polished on the visual side, I have high hope that they know what they're doing.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, @Aggro Incarnate, have we seen the Compact Axe in English before? Since in Japanese it is called "Short Axe" (but clearly not the Short Axe we're used to)

Edited by kienquocsi