Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

Since we're still on the topic of Corrin for a few moments, just wanted to point out something I missed, which is that dragon vein areas (or at the very least Succor's) have been shown to last more than a turn:

Spoiler

6zbMDiO.png

There's no dancer or engaged Byleth in sight in that scene. It's possible they were rescued away, granted, but for the most part, it seems the Dragon vein and Torrential roar have been used on two different turns.
This also shows the water tile from Torrential roar replacing the northernmost Succor one however, so no combining of effects it seems. Probably for the best.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

EDIT: Forgot to ask, @Aggro Incarnate, have we seen the Compact Axe in English before? Since in Japanese it is called "Short Axe" (but clearly not the Short Axe we're used to)

It's in the English Engaging with Emblems trailer at 0:46~0:48 or thereabouts.

Been a while since I've posted here (I've been frequenting the subreddit more), but honestly I'm rather excited at the possibilities the Emblem-less Engage Meter Alear has been seen with could represent. Extending from egobarrier's 4th option, I was contemplating whether beyond divine dragon powers, an Alear-locked ring granted them temporary transformation into a Divine Dragon proper (so in the vein of FE3 styled uses of dragonstones), with a set number of turns in Dragon form before reverting back to human(oid) and with cooldown similar to rebuilding Engage Meter under usual circumstances.

9 minutes ago, Cysx said:

This also shows the water tile from Torrential roar replacing the northernmost Succor one however, so no combining of effects it seems. Probably for the best.

I think Engaging with Emblems also made a point in highlighting that terrain changes from Dragon Vein overrode pre-existing ones; it's seen with Glow overriding Fire, Water overriding Miasma and later Succor as mentioned above, and Ice overriding Miasma.

Nothing really worth pointing out today that wasn't already said by the tweets

Fortunately, no ambush spawn in sight... for now. And that's some pathetic reinforcement. Only 2 armor knights?

Yunaka is a surprise reveal, but a welcome one. Finally some met on the road recruitment.

I wonder if poison is a universal dagger thing, or only Thief can inflict them with daggers. And they finally makes poison relevant, but dagger can be really annoying like in Fates this way. At least we can cure it ourselves.

Oh, and also dagger is confirmed to have 1-2 range. Don't know if we've seen it in action anywhere before.

Enemy phase has different music now? Whatever the case, that song in the reinforcement clip slaps!

Fun fact: Yunaka's VA also voices the literal vtuber gym leader Iono in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Edited by kienquocsi

Not sure why, but Griss kinda gives me Carmilla from Netflix`s Castlevaina vibes. Someone who is loyal to their leader, but is concerned with themselves first and foremost.

I am suspecting Mauvier is the the "token good member" of the Four Hounds, but I could also see him being a Bryce type who is loyal to the bitter end.

I am glad that Yukana seems to be unaffiliated with any royal. Eases some of my worries that the cast would be nothing but royals and retainers. Her voice get way deeper when she crit the enemy. Since her name does not fit with any of the main countries, I suspect she is either from a as-of-yet unrevealed land, or the country that sunk beneath the ocean.

Daggers being able to inflict poison is interesting. Not only does poison increase the amount of damage taken, attacking a poisoned enemy with a dagger makes the poison stronger. Also, poison can only be cured with items or staves, it does not go away on its own.

Doors can be either opened or destroyed. I hope each option has pros and cons, giving a possible reason to choose one over the other..

6 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Doors can be either opened or destroyed. I hope each option has pros and cons, giving a possible reason to choose one over the other..

I hope that we will have some theoretical "Stealth" mission, where breaking the door instead of lockpicking it will trigger some event and enemy reinforcement.

And I just realized why Yunaka's scene feels vaguely familiar... It's like the Eirika and Colm scene in FE8, where a royal meets a thief at night. Well... nothing else matches though, maybe except that thief will eventually be recruited, lol.

I wonder if poison is a stackable defensive debuff status with a different name.
The tweet does not mention a HP chip for each turn being a property of poison, which makes me suspect if it's not a thing at all.
Instead what we know is
 - it is stackable, up to at least 3 times and potentially more
 - It is effectively a defensive debuff
 - The effect lasts until a Restore Staff or an Antitoxin is used  
(This being a modern title, I fully expect Antitoxins to be buyable, or easily accessible at least in bulk)

What Engage does with the Weapon Triangle (or Weapon Advantage should I say) has shown that it is not shying away from reimagining traditional FE mechanics, as it does not seem to affect damage or hit rates but rather through a Break mechanic that disarms the foe for a turn. In Fates, Devil weapons have also been changed from random chance to backfire to set HP reduction per turn. I think something similar could be the case for poison in this game.

7 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

EDIT: Forgot to ask, @Aggro Incarnate, have we seen the Compact Axe in English before? Since in Japanese it is called "Short Axe" (but clearly not the Short Axe we're used to)

Seems pretty similar to Ross’ Hatchet but probably lacks the 1-2 range.

42 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I hope that we will have some theoretical "Stealth" mission, where breaking the door instead of lockpicking it will trigger some event and enemy reinforcement.

Now that you bring this idea up, I hope so too.

Glad that we got a female thief unit. But that character design, man...

ayaya-smash.gif

4 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

Fortunately, no ambush spawn in sight... for now. And that's some pathetic reinforcement. Only 2 armor knights?

Tbf, that's one of the earlier maps. They probably go gentle at the beginning to introduce newer players to the concept of reinforcements.

4 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Since her name does not fit with any of the main countries, I suspect she is either from a as-of-yet unrevealed land, or the country that sunk beneath the ocean.

Her name might come from "unakite"
Yunaka -> ユナカ
Unakite -> ユナカイト
(which might even be a pun on "kaito")

Edited by Mysterique Sign

6 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Since her name does not fit with any of the main countries, I suspect she is either from a as-of-yet unrevealed land, or the country that sunk beneath the ocean.

I suspects she's somewhat related to Kagetsu, since both of their names sound Japanese

8 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

I wonder if poison is a universal dagger thing, or only Thief can inflict them with daggers. And they finally makes poison relevant, but dagger can be really annoying like in Fates this way. At least we can cure it ourselves.

I don't think we've seen a non-thief/wolf knight class even use daggers, have we? I'm not even sure what Emblem could realistically cover them either, now that we basically know that Corrin doesn't.

Yunaka seems to be somewhat of a Charlotte archetype (less extreme maybe). Acts cute but is secretly deadly. Also, her stats are looking pretty good, especially her defenses.

2 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Her name might come from "unakite"
Yunaka -> ユナカ
Unakite -> ユナカイト
(which might even be a pun on "kaito")

Huh, fair point.

26 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I suspects she's somewhat related to Kagetsu, since both of their names sound Japanese

Yeah, their names do stand out. 

6 hours ago, Ziegenpeter said:

ayaya-smash.gif

Tbf, that's one of the earlier maps. They probably go gentle at the beginning to introduce newer players to the concept of reinforcements.

Yeah the designs scream they going full anime or at chunni.

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

I don't think we've seen a non-thief/wolf knight class even use daggers, have we? I'm not even sure what Emblem could realistically cover them either, now that we basically know that Corrin doesn't.

Yunaka seems to be somewhat of a Charlotte archetype (less extreme maybe). Acts cute but is secretly deadly. Also, her stats are looking pretty good, especially her defenses.

The only answer I could potentially have to that is Micaiah, if they want any of her weapons to reference Sothe, which isn't a bad call because it would help her feel different from Celica.

MAYBE Lyn could thematically have daggers.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The only answer I could potentially have to that is Micaiah, if they want any of her weapons to reference Sothe, which isn't a bad call because it would help her feel different from Celica.

MAYBE Lyn could thematically have daggers.

There's always Ike too, but between the Ragnell and the Urvan... Micaiah's in the same boat, we've already been led to believe she has the Thani and a staff of some kind(although looking back on it, this was her outside of engage mode, so... eh?). As for Lyn, unless she's unit-type dependent, we've seen three weapons on her, so idk.

Btw, Yunaka having an unusable staff in her inventory makes me hope for some kind of stealing. Could be from a past chest, though.

Also that weird blue fizzle after she's opened the door I believe is normally the emblem disappearing after an action that involves them (like Sigurd's Canter). She has no emblem though... maybe a glitch?

Edited by Cysx

So if all things go as they should, we'll be getting Lyn tomorrow. Then I presume at some point we'll get both Hortensia and Fogato at some point this week since every other character on the website has been shown off. I wonder what we'll get next tho however. Will be interesting to see if we get the rest of the Emblems.

3 hours ago, Azz said:

So if all things go as they should, we'll be getting Lyn tomorrow. Then I presume at some point we'll get both Hortensia and Fogato at some point this week since every other character on the website has been shown off. I wonder what we'll get next tho however. Will be interesting to see if we get the rest of the Emblems.

Either that or we start going into the retainers. ... Though given the game is releasing in just over a month and a half, I'm moreso expecting the Emblems. 

(I just hope there are more non-royals/retainers than just Yunaka, though...)

14 hours ago, Ziegenpeter said:

ayaya-smash.gif

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

At this point, I'm having trouble finding a design in this game that isn't a complete joke.

Honestly, I have seen worse. Like female Byleth. That's one of the designs I find utterly impossible to take seriously, or consider the least bit likable.

2 hours ago, BravuraLevi said:

(I just hope there are more non-royals/retainers than just Yunaka, though...)

If each royal gets 2 retainers like in Fates, then there should still be at least a handful of unaffiliated characters. Kagetsu and Jakoba seems like they will be non-retainer recruits

Spoiler

And we have Mauvier for our enemy recruit too

1 hour ago, kienquocsi said:

If each royal gets 2 retainers like in Fates, then there should still be at least a handful of unaffiliated characters. Kagetsu and Jakoba seems like they will be non-retainer recruits

Reveal hidden contents

And we have Mauvier for our enemy recruit too

Based on the names, we have 5 Solm characters, so at least one of them probably isn't a retainer (probably Merrin)

Admittedly wasn't expecting the Fogato and Hortensia double, given last week.

The tweet about staves mentions certain staves (presumably red type offensive ones?) having the ability to hinder enemy movement, including placing obstacles. I feel like Collapse wouldn't manifest itself as an ice tile, so. I wonder...?