Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

5 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

1. What's up with Rosado's voice? Did I miss something regarding this character?

The VA... is male. Their profile says they pursue cuteness and beauty. I'm sensing something...

Edited by kienquocsi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Boucheron and Etie are confirmed to be Alfred's retainer, while Louis and Chloe are Celine's

- Boucheron is a childhood friend of Alfred, while Etie is a childhood friend of Celine

- Chloe is a noble

- Amber is a Lance Knight with a skill called "Name Announcing" (Likely what Ferdinand von Aegir always does). He has a Horseslayer in his inventory

image.png

- Jade is an Axe Armor with the knightiest stats ever. But her crit is sky high for some reason

- Lapis is a Sword Fighter. Her clip also shows how blade works (exactly like how it's described): If user initiates attack, enemy strikes first, but if user hits, enemy with be smashed and push back 1 tile

- Citrinne is a Mage. Thunder has 1-3 range and cannot double, just like Elthunder

- Merrin is a Wolf Knight (promoted), can use dagger and sword. She has a Stiletto in her inventory. Poison is a universal effect of dagger, not just when they are used by a Thief

image.png.f998117113b420c5cd7c3589ba6443d5.png

- Panette is a Berserker, but doesn't seem to have crit bonus. I love her crit animation, btw.

- Pandreo is a High Priest (promoted), can use body art, tome and staff. Warp is back, though it only has 1-5 range. So does Physic. Also, Warp has at least 5 uses.

- Bunet is a Great Knight (which has the same movement as other promoted mounted classes), can use axe and sword. He has a Poleaxe in his inventory (the horse-effective one)

image.png

- Seadall is a Dancer. For some reason he cannot Chain Guard; I wonder what the requirements are

Spoiler

image.png

- Alear engaging with Ike. He has a Levin Sword. Ike's engaged weapon is an axe, which I assume to be the Hammer. Ike's 3rd skill looks like Reposition, while his Engage Attack seems to be Aether

- Zelkov is a thief, which is confirmed to be able to go past level 20. He is about to get blown off the earth by Griss's Warp Ragnarok (Dark) though. He has a Kard in his inventory

image.png

- Kagetsu is a Swordmaster, equipping an Wo Dao and has a Killing Edge in his inventory. I love his crit animation too.

image.pngimage.png

- Rosado is a Dragon Knight (might get localized as Wyvern), can use Axe and Lance. I love how their wyvern is excessively adorned with bows

- Goldmary is a Hero, can use Sword and Lance, and just had the luckiest day ever, with 52% hit and 2% crit

- Anna's hometown is from Elusia

- Yunaka is actually the only one in the bunch not affiliated to any country.

That's a lot of retainers huh, even seemingly unrelated ones like Kagetsu and Zelkov. The only characters so far that are not royals or retainers are Yunaka, Seadall and of course, Anna.

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

And what do you think the Silver Card will do? Cut price in half?

Prolly. It did that in past games, so that's the safe bet.

Just now, Mysterique Sign said:

The Silver Card seems to reduce things by 30%

Is Merrin (and Wolf Knights) human or is the tail just an accessory? I thikn she mentioned wolf in her conversation with Timerra, but I don't speak Japanese

It's an accessory. We don't see it when Merrin Engaged with Lyn, and Engages remove Accessories.

1 hour ago, Ziegenpeter said:

What's up with Rosado's voice? Did I miss something regarding this character?

Most likely either a character similar to Forrest or might possibly be a trans girl. We'll have to see

I hope I'm wrong but I won't be surprised if this is the full playable cast. Unless there will be another wave of characters that aren't retainers but if that's the case, I'd imagine Yunaka, Seadall and Anna to be revealed with them instead of being with the retainers. 

1 minute ago, zuibangde said:

I hope I'm wrong but I won't be surprised if this is the full playable cast. Unless there will be another wave of characters that aren't retainers but if that's the case, I'd imagine Yunaka, Seadall and Anna to be revealed with them instead of being with the retainers. 

31 (not including female alear) if I counted right, but we're still missing mauvier which they haven't shown off as playable yet so there's possibly still more

1 hour ago, kienquocsi said:

Warp is back, though it only has 1-5 range. So does Physic.

Nerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf! *insert Mario hammer music here*

42 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Twitter actually confirmed that it cut price by 30%

40 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

The Silver Card seems to reduce things by 30%

Huh. I know it was likely gonna cut prices, but I was expecting half. Ah well, a discount's a discount.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Ooooo I'm really hoping Rosado is transfem/non-binary, would be a nice addition to the game and series (but they'll probably just do the stereotypical 'cute boy who is really girly and everyone is confused' thing... headcanons are a thing and wont stop me).

Small cast is small. I don't mind this tbh. With the 12 Emblems and what seems to be reclassing, I feel like there will be enough customisation in the game that the small cast wont be feel so small. I'm just curious to see if Veyle will be playable. I can see her being a Gotoh (or she could easily be the evil hooded figure who kills Lumera, we'll have to see).

Am upset I have to go to work now cause I just want to sit home and watch these trailers sigh...

Oh boy there's a topic article too:

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/00e58c39-3c06-4ab8-9dba-5a09bcafd014

I'm just gonna focus on the Emblem's part for now:

- Roy - Emblem of Binding:

• Engage weapon: Lancereaver
  • Engage skill: "Transcendence/Promotion", which gives a temporary boost to all stats
  • Engage attack: "Crimson Fire Lion Dance", attack 3 tiles in front and create flame that hinders movement

- Eirika & Ephraim - Sacred Emblem

• Engage weapon: Rapier (Eirika)
  • Sync Skill: Lunar Brace (Eirika), Solar Brace (Ephraim), works like Luna and Sol apparently
  • Engage Skill: "Sacred Twins", which combine Eirika's and Ephraim's skills together. For example, "Lunar Brace" becomes "Lunisolar Brace", which deals Luna damage with Sol effect apparently
  • Engage Attack: "Twin Strike", attack (2 times?) with lance and sword

- Leif - Emblem of Geneaology:

• Engage weapon: Killer Axe, Light Brand
  • Engage skill: "Adapt", which automatically changes to weapon with WTA when being attacked
  • Engage Attack: "Tetra Trick", attack 4 times with sword, lance, axe and bow

- Ike - Emblem of Radiance:

• Engage weapon: Hammer
  • Engage skill: "Anchor", user cannot move but receive half damage
  • Engage Attack: "Triumph(?) Aether" - increase defense and user can only take damage (which means no counter attack?) that turn. At the start of next turn, release AoE attack and heal proportionally to damage taken

- Micaiah - Emblem of Dawn:

• Engage weapon: Shine
  • Engage Skill: "Amplify", increase staff range (likely +5)
  • Engage Attack: "Big Sacrifice", HP to 1 and heal all HP for all allies

- Lucina - Emblem of Awakening

• Engage weapon: Noble Rapier
  • Engage skill: "Bond Guard", all adjacent allies has high change of not receiving damage (80% in one shot)
  • Engage attack: "All For One", all allies within 2 tiles Chain Attack with the user

So no enemy capturing from Leif for now. I can only pray. Lucina focus on Chain attack and Chain guard, as expected. Ike is more defensive than other Emblems. And Roy literally has a "Promotion" skill, lol

I think I need a break.

Edited by kienquocsi

On 11/29/2022 at 4:09 PM, egobarrier said:

Minor swords makes for an interesting possibility. If I squint at the one on the left I can kind of see it as a Lancereaver.

Hey, I was right, nice.

And Killer Axe for Leif, huh? That makes me happy. Everyone kept saying it was Helswath to the point that I assumed that that had already been confirmed, but it always seemed weird to me since, unlike Byleth with the Hero's Relics, Leif shouldn't be able to wield ANY Crusader weapons since he lacks any kind of major holy blood (to say nothing of the fact that Helswath, as an enemy-only weapon, would be especially random). Glad to see they're being lore-faithful.

I actually like the simple dance animation Seadall has more than I expected. Maybe cause it reminds me of previous dancers.

Merrin looks amazing, her crit animation reminds me of Kaden`s crit from Fates (seems be happening a lot with this game). Also, hurray for petting the wolf.

Citrenne gives me Maribelle vibes, which isn`t bad since I did like her.

Zelkov has quickly shot up to be the character I am most curious about. Cool crit animation too.

Did not expect Rosado to sound so boyish, guess he(?) is gonna be the Lucius/Libra/Forrest of the game. (Though like others, I think would be neat for them to be trans/non-binary). Also, that`s very...uniquely colored Wyvern right there.

Panette is interesting. The crit animation makes me think of Charlotte, but the description her personality reminds me more of Cherche.

Edit: Man, the animations characters have in dialogue are so expressive. The nearly falling over one has got to be my favourite.

Edited by Metal Flash

20221209_123854.jpg.a76627b4f1d49c0ceec6c9c3f87f139a.jpg

Assuming dresses like this are gender locked which would be very typical of FE, this probably means rosado is a girl. Now we just see if they're trans/non-binary or just have a male VA lol

3 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

(I guess it's time for the spoiler averse people to leave this thread)

Thanks, Mysterique! Man, they really revealed everything all at once, huh? I wish they hadn't done that. But I guess it was my fault for checking the SF homepage and seeing pictures of all remaining Emblems and getting hooked into clicking on the JP site link. That's right, I'm calling you out @VincentASM. Joking about that one. Mostly.

19 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Assuming dresses like this are gender locked which would be very typical of FE, this probably means rosado is a girl. Now we just see if they're trans/non-binary or just have a male VA lol

My money is on crossdressing voices. But who knows...

I'm not sure I like the concept of one royal+two retainers being returned from Fates.

It had some good moments. Takumi and his retainers all being the bests of friends, or Camillia treating her retainers like her literal babies made all six of them more endearing. But it also makes the world seem kinda small. You had very few Nohrians and Hoshidans who weren't directly tied to a royal, and them not being a retainer usually meant they were a suppportless Corrinsexual. 

5 hours ago, Ziegenpeter said:

What's up with Rosado's voice? Did I miss something regarding this character?

The screeching hurts my ears, tbh...

If they are using a male VA in English too, I really hope he has a more pleasant voice.

5 hours ago, Ziegenpeter said:

IntSys needs to stop making characters with split-personalities. It's neither funny nor endearing from a writing standpoint.

Agreed so hard.