Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

28 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Admittedly wasn't expecting the Fogato and Hortensia double, given last week.

The tweet about staves mentions certain staves (presumably red type offensive ones?) having the ability to hinder enemy movement, including placing obstacles. I feel like Collapse wouldn't manifest itself as an ice tile, so. I wonder...?

It's probably the Freeze Staff

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Fogato is awesome. Hortensia is atrocious.

Hortensia is passable and Fogato is on-sale dollar store brand Claude.

I don’t know man, I’m tired of these Expy characters.

17 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Hortensia is passable and Fogato is on-sale dollar store brand Claude.

I don’t know man, I’m tired of these Expy characters.

Oh, he's absolutely discount Claude. But discount Claude is still leagues better than a knock-off Harley Quinn so badly made that said dollar store threw her away in the dumpster out back, in a sealed container reading "please, for the love of God, do not let it out."

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Oh, he's absolutely discount Claude. But discount Claude is still leagues better than a knock-off Harley Quinn so badly made that said dollar store threw her away in the dumpster out back, in a sealed container reading "please, for the love of God, do not let it out."

I know, you don’t have to rub it in that once again the character I was the most looking forward too is a massive disappointment. I swear it seems like Engage is gonna pull another Houses and turn me off of using my favorite class character wise.

9 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

If each royal gets 2 retainers like in Fates, then there should still be at least a handful of unaffiliated characters. Kagetsu and Jakoba seems like they will be non-retainer recruits

Reveal hidden contents

And we have Mauvier for our enemy recruit too

Spoiler

Mauvier could be neat. He could help humanise some of the Four Doggos, kind of like the Ricken/Henry supports back in Awakening. 

6 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

Admittedly wasn't expecting the Fogato and Hortensia double, given last week.

The tweet about staves mentions certain staves (presumably red type offensive ones?) having the ability to hinder enemy movement, including placing obstacles. I feel like Collapse wouldn't manifest itself as an ice tile, so. I wonder...?

I think they're still Yellow, actually. The screenshot has the Monk character(who seems to be someone we haven't seen before? I think they're wearing silver) standing next to the Ice block, while holding only a yellow staff. Now, it's possible that you can make the ice from pretty far away, so I might be wrong. 

Anyway, I'll say that I quite like Fogato, and I really love Hortensia. Fogato's dark skin and hair tones make for a nice contrast with his white clothing(and the star eyes are a nice touch too), and Hortensia's flashiness is something I just adore. 

Edited by BravuraLevi

On 12/5/2022 at 4:21 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Looking cool Joker! 

I am NOT a-- Oh, wait, yeah. I guess I am a cat.

Anyways, I like Hortensia. Fogato... Meh. Yet another addition to the "male characters who I cannot feel strongly towards design wise" pile. And there are a lot of those.

Not really liking either of these. Claude-Lorenz has weird eyes and distracting frills and the vtuber is simply atrocious and so out of place even compared to the others.

With Lyn likely appearing tomorrow or the day after, the question is: will we get another trailer showcasing the remaining Emblems next week? Or will they slow down for Christmas and continue in January?

Spoiler

Give me Leif already

2 hours ago, BravuraLevi said:

who seems to be someone we haven't seen before? I think they're wearing silver

That's just a greyed out Framme. I can recognize that hat anywhere. What caught my interest is the enemies' uniform: one yellow and one green. Solmese bandits/traitors working with Elusian soldiers?

And I still find it weird that they decided to go all out with information after the engage trailer when we were drip-fed with no consistent schedule before, makes me really believe they have something big in store and want to churn out all other stuff before that. Hope they don't spoil too much though, a little surprise would be nice.

Edited by kienquocsi

Everyone’s focusing on the designs but I keep thinking about how randomly specific the Italian dessert themed names are. I feel like there are many people in real life that are named after plants or gemstones but Italian desserts? 

I guess I’m trying to say that the some names are quite weird/silly for the Solm characters and I can’t them seriously. I hope they reveal Panetonne on Christmas Day.

We get Lyn

And some combat-related stuff

Turns out that stealthy units get doubled terrain bonuses and we might have the dual strike thingy from Awakening & Fates making an comeback

5 attacks with an bow, if Lyn is engaged with an stealth unit, they gain +10 range. 

Afterimage creates 4 decoys and it will always proc an Chain Attack from anywhere

Stuff that we already know about the Killer Bow, but she also changes the attack order so that you'll always strike twice before your enemy with her Synchro Skill

Edited by Armchair General

Alright, you'll get an bonus attack if your dudes are in the "backup" movement type. Otherwise, just do you thing with Lyn and come up with an contest to see how you can break the game.

As for why I'm double-posting, the forum really hates embedding stuff from Twitter and I don't really blame it. But anyways, that's it...

Unless of course, the stuff that I neglected to translate because the forum was spazzing out on me.

Edited by Armchair General

Spoiler

image.png.0f1894e293c890425e5c935e61eec05a.png

- Kagetsu's skill, apparently: Dazzling? (if anyone has a better translation, please tell me)

Spoiler

image.png

- A new type of enemy: Golden Corrupted

Spoiler

image.png.3af66d73b8fd0214756b0b7ba63bdc7a.png

- Doubles summoned from "Call Doubles" apparently have the user's defenses, but only 1HP. Also, they use Mani Katti

Spoiler

image.png.840ae5473fb8681e99c0ae7a62be02b2.png

- New weapon: Brionac

Spoiler

image.png.d28581e922200b5d1dcb2fda2065ad7d.png

- Peshkatz the dagger

Spoiler

image.png.9111586d663e438245399bd6a7c95add.png

- Bolganone

Spoiler

image.png

- Timerra is a Berserker here

Spoiler

image.png

- Solmese soldiers will be our enemies at one point (and they are brown too!)

Spoiler

image.png

- I once again ask for capturable generics XD

Edited by kienquocsi

Okay, that bottom generic does look pretty cool.

Interesting that we will fight Solm enemies at some point. 

Brionac look cool as heck, wonder if it`s a PRF or just a powerful high ranked lance.

The doubles having only one HP makes me think of them more like the summoned monsters in FE8.

If Dual Strike/Attack Stance is to return, I hope enemies will get to use it too.

23 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Solmese soldiers will be our enemies at one point (and they are brown too!)

Is it gonna be civil war or because these Solmese are backing Elusia??

25 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

A new type of enemy: Golden Corrupted

Will they be tough, or laughably brittle??

33 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

If Dual Strike/Attack Stance is to return, I hope enemies will get to use it too.

There was a freeze frame bonus in the Japanese announcement trailer where Chloe's attacking a Hammer wielding thief who has the green damage panel that we now know represents Chain Attack, so for this at least they should be able to use it.

The color palette of Fabrications really makes me think that they're Lythosian constructs given their white and sky blue predominance.

2 hours ago, kienquocsi said:
  Hide contents

image.png.0f1894e293c890425e5c935e61eec05a.png

- Kagetsu's skill, apparently: Dazzling? (if anyone has a better translation, please tell me)

I see that Kagetsu will negate priority attacks

Hide contents

image.png.840ae5473fb8681e99c0ae7a62be02b2.png

- New weapon: Brionac

Hide contents

image.png.d28581e922200b5d1dcb2fda2065ad7d.png

- Peshkatz the dagger

I guess both of these could potentially be S rank weapons? Peshkatz was one in RD, and Brionac is allegedly the spear of the Irish god Lugh. However, it's kind of like Yewfelle from Genealogy in that it moreso seems to have been made up by JRPG creators than coming from ancient myth.

Hide contents

image.png

- Timerra is a Berserker here

Hide contents

image.png

- Solmese soldiers will be our enemies at one point (and they are brown too!)

That could bring up some neat story implications! Especially since we've already seen that we fight some Firenese soldiers. It could be that the Elusians/Hounds/Sombron are stoking division, just bandits, or a civil war type situation brewing in the kingdoms.(As an aside, I find it slightly strange that Fogato, Timerra and all of the generics are brown, but none of the retainers seem to be, but whatever)

Hide contents

image.png

- I once again ask for capturable generics XD

We can only hope Leif lets us do that!

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

There was a freeze frame bonus in the Japanese announcement trailer where Chloe's attacking a Hammer wielding thief who has the green damage panel that we now know represents Chain Attack, so for this at least they should be able to use it.

The color palette of Fabrications really makes me think that they're Lythosian constructs given their white and sky blue predominance.

Chain attacks seem like they'll get pretty nutty, especially if bosses manage to set them up on you. 

The Fabrications being Lysthosian could mean that they're like the Children of the Goddess enemies from 3H, where they aren't evil or a result of corruption, but just show up to challenge anyone who wants the power of the rings.

I think now we know what almost every type of unit/movement can do:

Dragons- improved engagement abilities(potentially weak to wyrmslayers?)

Cavalry- High movement, weak to beastkillers

Flying- High Movement, flight, weak to arrows + wind magic(and seemingly either beastkillers or wyrmslayers, based on mount)

Covert- Doubles terrain bonuses(might also keep the thieves ability to be less hindered by terrain?)

Mystical- Ignores terrain bonuses(might potentially also resist Quicksand tiles?)

Backup- Can do chain attacks. 

Now we just need to see what Armoured and Qi Adepts can do. My guess is that Armoured units can do chain guards, but no clue what Qi adepts might have. Presumably something supportive?

Edited by BravuraLevi

2 hours ago, BravuraLevi said:

Now we just need to see what Armoured and Qi Adepts can do. My guess is that Armoured units can do chain guards, but no clue what Qi adepts might have. Presumably something supportive?

Actually we have only seen the dancer and Framme - the only Qi Adepts so far - being able to do chain guards, so maybe that's their thing. Armored can be immune to broken, as suggested by various clips

I really hadn't expected the Backup = able to chain attack thing, or Stealth having double terrain bonuses (+60 avoid bushes?). It's a nice way to give foot units some advantages to compensate for the lesser movement.

We're definitively seeing more and more instances of class-changing. Berserker Lapis is definitively an unexpected one. 

Regarding what's next... There's obviously the rest of the characters we've seen (possibly being the full cast?) and emblems, but noticeably, there's been a near complete lack of information regarding the hub world, shops, activities, repeatable battles, etc.

So I think the next trailer is going to be more focused on the hub world and what you can do in it.

51 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Actually we have only seen the dancer and Framme - the only Qi Adepts so far - being able to do chain guards, so maybe that's their thing. Armored can be immune to broken, as suggested by various clips

Good eye! If anything I would've thought it would be the other way around, given Qi Adepts fight hand-to-hand, but giving Armour Knights an immunity to one of the big new elements of this game could bolster their viability a good bit. Giving Qi Adepts(who seem to be mostly support units as of now) the chain guard creates an interesting risk/reward scenario of putting them near the front lines to let them chain guard, or keeping them safe in the back. Will be good to see how that plays out.

31 minutes ago, Ayra said:

I really hadn't expected the Backup = able to chain attack thing, or Stealth having double terrain bonuses (+60 avoid bushes?). It's a nice way to give foot units some advantages to compensate for the lesser movement.

We're definitively seeing more and more instances of class-changing. Berserker Lapis is definitively an unexpected one. 

Regarding what's next... There's obviously the rest of the characters we've seen (possibly being the full cast?) and emblems, but noticeably, there's been a near complete lack of information regarding the hub world, shops, activities, repeatable battles, etc.

So I think the next trailer is going to be more focused on the hub world and what you can do in it.

That's a good shout. We're still missing the retainers for the Brodians, Solmese and Elusians, but most of the marketing will focus on the royals if Fates was any indication. It would make sense for the next trailer to focus on the overworld stuff, and maybe the class system too.

9 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Turns out that stealthy units get doubled terrain bonuses and we might have the dual strike thingy from Awakening & Fates making an comeback

Well the former would explain that 120+ Avo Alcryst we saw earlier. This also means you can have a low level covert run around with Corrin equipped and liberally providing +60 Avo to other covert. Such as thieves, who have 1-2 range, already good avo, and only fear body arts on the weapon triangle. Hmmmm...
As Vincent said though, magic counters that. I'm too used to ninjas being great against magic, this won't necessarily translate to dagger users here.
Attack stance being backup only would explain a few things. That's an interesting specificity to have.

... also it's funny to me that they basically gave Lyn a slightly weaker Marth engage attack... except it can basically reach the whole map on Covert units. Also, I'm just now realizing that Engage attacks have never been shown with a crit rate thus far. I don't think so, anyway. It's especially blatant with Lyn, because Killer bow.
Edit: Wait, that's not true, Sigurd's engage attack can crit. Weird.

So anyway, let's see if I can find anything that hasn't been reported yet...

- Alcryst has a remarkably low Crit Avo of 3 in that scene of him engaged with Lyn.

- I guess this thing
hLZgo4N.png
coupled with that thing
1Ntnvty.png
strongly imply that repositioning skills are indeed back. Although the distinct background colors are interesting. Does Amber's affect allies, while Louis does so enemies... or even both?

- Timerra has a capped Def of 22 as a Berserker. This confirms that personal caps are back(Panetonne had 20). Her (buffed!) Res of 9 at max level is uh, interesting.

- Holy bungles Louis has 61 Atk, unbuffed. Greatswords/Axes/Lances seem really strong. Can't remember if we've seen the stats of one directly...?

- Every single time we've seen a Chain attack (so that's 5 times thus far: the bandit in the original japanese trailer, Goldmary and Timerra & Merrin's Lyn doubles in the Emblem trailers, and now Louis' and Etie's Lyn doubles), it's been at precisely 80% accuracy. I strongly doubt that's a coincidence. Also they seem to deal roughly 1/8 of the normal damage. But not exactly either. And, it is confirmed that the Mani Katti retains its effectiveness at the very least against mounted units.
  - If Chain attacks indeed have fixed hit, I guess that's another element to weaken high avo builds.

- Yunaka being able to breach Level 20 as a Thief (seen by Vincent, who was particularly on point today) is interesting, although I am now wondering if we've ever seen a tier one unit capped at this point. The idea being that Tellius level 21 promotion could also explain it. I need to check, I just find it weird that they'd make Thieves a unique class again.
That being said, they do start with 5 move, same as dancer... I just want ninjas back is that so much to ask
Edit : Found one. So Thief does seem different.

Edited by Cysx