Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

3 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Another weird thing with Transcendence level ups is Divine Dragon Roy!M!Alear is level 26, even though we've seen it cap at 20 before (the question is the number of levels gained, not that we're overlevelled):

I bet that's another Dragon's bonus. 6 lv for Dragon units maybe?

And Celine's class skill being Ignis makes sense (her class is a hybrid after all)

Edited by kienquocsi

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

Roy's kit is pretty... unimpressive, to be honest, true to his source game self

I don't think his skills are that bad(he's essentially a guard adjutant, which is heavily exploitable). His stat spread is good. His engage attack at the very least is an aoe, unlike Marth's for example. And he's a massive stats stick when engaged, which should be relevant throughout the whole thing, post-game content included.

There's just nothing outwardly broken about him, outside of the Binding blade perhaps, but we'll see. At worst it should be a much lighter Ragnell.

With the confirmation that Roy's skill gives 5 levels, we can actually estimate Sword fighter and Paladin Lapis' growth rates. Here we go.
Note : This could also of course be randomized levels, or fixed level up gains from the moment the unit is recruited like in certain recent games, or who knows what else. Please take what follows with a grain of salt.

Sword Fighter Lapis:

HP : 60 - 75%
Str : 40 - 55%
Dex : 60 - 75%
Spd : 80 - 95%
Lck : 20 - 75%(could be 1 to 3 points)
Def : 40 - 55%
Res: 40 - 55%

Paladin Lapis:

HP : 80 - 95%
Dex : 40 - 55%
Def : 60 - 75%
Res : 40 - 55%

For anyone wondering, this is Awakening levels of growth rates, to my knowledge the highest this series has seen. Lapis could be unique in that regard, but it does match with the numbers we've been seeing. The main difference is that certain class/character comboes seem to have extremely low growths in certain parameters (read <=10% usually in Spd, Def or Res), which wasn't really a thing in Awakening, beyond like, Res and or Mag on physical characters.

All in all, Paladin has a higher HP and Def growth, and Sword Fighter has a higher Dex growth. That's all I think can be said for sure, assuming the above is anywhere near correct.

Edited by Cysx

So my memory was foggy but someone has indeed located the purple gem below HP bar. It was on Ivy's spotlight, under Zephia's HP bar.
 purple.PNG

Anyhow, so we got to learn more about Skills on units

So player units have1 Personal Skill + 0~1 Class Skill + 0~2 Additional Equippable Skills from Emblem Ring Skill Point Purchases, for a maximum of 4 skills on units (these don't count the secondary skill slot from Emblem RIngs) which is consistent with what we've seen on trailers so far
We've seen some units have the 2nd skill slot while others without, which makes me wonder if class skills are only on some classes (promoted), or whether you would need to reach a certain level as in Awakening/Fates
Noteworthy that skills from Emblem Ring SP purchasing have overlap with Synchro skills on those emblem rings (but not Engage Skill or Engage Attacks, which makes sense) 
With Perceptive / Break Defenses / Unyielding available from Marth Ring (but not Divine Speed / Lodestar Rush)
Likewise with Holy Stance / Resonance / Favorite food available from Celica Ring (but not Echo / Warp Ragnarok)
The remaining skills available for SP purchases are so far Prowess Skills on a certain weapon type, or +stat/combat parameter skills (like Magic +2 or Avoid +10)

• One of the tweets showcases Lucina gaining a synchro skill we hadn't seen before. It makes it so that whenever an ally attacks, if you're in range(that's movement + weapon range, which is huge) and are a Backup/have the Dual Strike skill(which is presumably Lucina's first synchro skill), you have a 35% chance to trigger a Chain attack with them.
    Thanks tipperthescales for the correction.
Edited by Cysx

22 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

purple.PNG

Mm, good catch. Given Zephia being a Hound / Gradlon aligned, I'll wait and see if these purple gems appear on standard enemies or bosses before making any further assumptions...

22 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Noteworthy that skills from Emblem Ring SP purchasing have overlap with Synchro skills on those emblem rings (but not Engage Skill or Engage Attacks, which makes sense) 
With Perceptive / Break Defenses / Unyielding available from Marth Ring (but not Divine Speed / Lodestar Rush)
Likewise with Holy Stance / Resonance / Favorite food available from Celica Ring (but not Echo / Warp Ragnarok)

I believe the Somniel trailer specified (at least with Perceptive) that you can't stack the effects of a Sync Skill that's inherited with the Emblem's own Sync Skill if both are equipped.

Just now, Cysx said:
  • One of the tweet showcases Lucina gaining a synchro skill we hadn't seen before. It makes it so that any backup units in range of attack(that's movement + weapon range, which is huge) has a 35% chance to trigger a Chain attack with the Lucina user. Very true to Awakening, this is extremely random and chaotic.
    • There's also mention of a Dual strike skill, allowing non backup units to trigger chain attacks, presumably.

I think the conditions for joining the Chain Attack are 'either is of Backup Type, or has Dual Strike' (the latter probably being another Sync Skill on Lucina) in addition to the range condition. Also I think it's for the unit with the skill to join in another ally's attack.

Edited by tipperthescales

15 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Also I think it's for the unit with the skill to join in another ally's attack.

Whoops, you're right. Read that backwards.
This strongly implies her first synchro skill is Dual strike, then. Otherwise non-backup characters would get nothing from it, since this is her second one.

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

Another weird thing with Transcendence level ups is Divine Dragon Roy!M!Alear is level 26, even though we've seen it cap at 20 before (the question is the number of levels gained, not that we're overlevelled):

Considering they gain no Exp afterwards(and you can, we see it in the clip right before that), Alear should be level 20.

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

HP : 60 - 75%
Dex : 60 - 75%
Def : 40 - 55%
Res: 40 - 55%

Paladin Lapis:

HP : 80 - 95%
Dex : 40 - 55%
Def : 60 - 75%
Res : 40 - 55%

Oh god, do we really have 3 Houses caps back? Why do we need 80 spd?

15 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Oh god, do we really have 3 Houses caps back? Why do we need 80 spd?

No no no, those are growth rates. Basically, if she's gained, say, 4 Spd in 5 levels, this implies a 400%/5 = 80% minimum, and a 500%/5 -5% = 95% maximum growth.

Caps, if anything, do not seem to be anywhere near Three Houses level. We've seen Def cap in the low twenties on Berserker, for example.

Edited by Cysx

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

No no no, those are growth rates. Caps, if anything, do not seem to be anywhere near Three Houses level. We've seen Def cap in the low twenties on Berserker, for example.

Still could happen I guess. It could be like Awakening where you have cap modifiers that are applied to the class caps.

40 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Considering they gain no Exp afterwards(and you can, we see it in the clip right before that), Alear should be level 20.

Yeah I wasn't doubting the pre-Transcendence Level 20. kienquocsi mentioned that perhaps the extra level from Transcendence was a Dragon type bonus or something to that effect.

42 minutes ago, Cysx said:

This strongly implies her first synchro skill is Dual strike, then. Otherwise non-backup characters would get nothing from it, since this is her second one.

Actually, the first Sync Skill icon reminds me more of the Bride class's Bond skill:

image.png

Assuming that the turquoise green background is consistent for all HP related skills, it might actually function close to Bond did in Awakening as well (which was 10HP recovery within 3 spaces radius).

26 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Actually, the first Sync Skill icon reminds me more of the Bride class's Bond skill:

image.png

Assuming that the turquoise green background is consistent for all HP related skills, it might actually function close to Bond did in Awakening as well (which was 10HP recovery within 3 spaces radius).

Yeah, I agree. But it'd be really weird for Lucina to give a skill that most characters cannot use.

Edit: Oh, by the way, did it finally happen? Is that the first time?
mU0KPKN.png

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Yeah, I agree. But it'd be really weird for Lucina to give a skill that most characters cannot use.

Edit: Oh, by the way, did it finally happen? Is that the first time?
mU0KPKN.png

I think so omg... this will be interesting

As for Roy, feels quite underwhelming to me (I mean that's kinda the Roy experience if you play Binding Blade lol). Maybe it's just because every other emblem has had so much super OP stuff but Roy feels quite tame.

2 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

image.png

it isn't as identical but kaze's miraculous save skill is similar enough I think

image.png.438365f00429a687baa87ded5b0d8a9e.png

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

it isn't as identical but kaze's miraculous save skill is similar enough I think

image.png.438365f00429a687baa87ded5b0d8a9e.png

Yeah this was actually my first thought for the icon, though given that a Pair Up / Defense Stance doesn't exist this time around would it simply be 'units in an x range near the unit Synced with Lucina have Lck% chance of Miracle triggering' or similar?

34 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Yeah this was actually my first thought for the icon, though given that a Pair Up / Defense Stance doesn't exist this time around would it simply be 'units in an x range near the unit Synced with Lucina have Lck% chance of Miracle triggering' or similar?

Wouldn’t this be kinda stepping on Roy’s toes? 

2 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Wouldn’t this be kinda stepping on Roy’s toes? 

This was before we knew Roy had Endure, mind. Certainly it wouldn't make nearly as much sense now since it's not really playing into the 'fight for and with my friends' slant that Lucina is going for (Ike grumbling in the corner not fighting for his friends).

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'll admit that I'm more curious about Ike and Micaiah since... there's really not a whole lot mechanically distinct about Tellius. For the most part, it didn't do gimmicks, outside of biorythm. It just took what worked and polished it to a mirror shine (which is a good thing, mind you). 

mm stuff which are distinct about Tellius gameplay.

Biorythm, , level 21 promotion, bonus exp,  affinity chapter bonuses (RD), choice of weapon at promotion(PoR), equipable accessory. Sage can use dagger (PoR), 2-range physical sword, infinite weapon usage (end part only, RD),

I wanted to put archer +1 range and third tier promotion, but Gaiden did it first.

24 minutes ago, link16hit said:

mm stuff which are distinct about Tellius gameplay.

Biorythm, , level 21 promotion, bonus exp,  affinity chapter bonuses (RD), choice of weapon at promotion(PoR), equipable accessory. Sage can use dagger (PoR), 2-range physical sword, infinite weapon usage (end part only, RD),

I wanted to put archer +1 range and third tier promotion, but Gaiden did it first.

I mean unless Ike gives his bearer bonus experience (not a great bonus since you'd have a dead skill slot at endgame), I'm really not sure how any of that would translate. Biorythm and affinity could both be viable if Biorythm was positive and neutral only, no negative.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

51 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I mean unless Ike gives his bearer bonus experience (not a great bonus since you'd have a dead skill slot at endgame), I'm really not sure how any of that would translate. Biorythm and affinity could both be viable if Biorythm was positive and neutral only, no negative.

With the 3 Lords have the exp boost I doubt Ike would get one as well.

Is there a list of starting classes for the revealed characters somewhere?

It’s a bit contradictory but I feel like there are simultaneously not a lot of different starting classes but also not many characters in each class. I believe Chloe is the only Pegasus knight revealed so far? (Hortensia is on a Pegasus but she uses magic). Or how Rosado is the only wyvern rider so far.