Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

- Out of all of this... there's this thing in Vander's inventory:
ipEGOtb.png

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

If it was an axe, he could probably use it, so... yeah, hm, sword maybe...?

It looks like the 'Icelock' staff (screen taken from _Somniel_ trailer):

vS5Ag3N.png

(As per the image, there's also a distinct Freeze and Silence staff above it in the Item Shop)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

It looks like the 'Icelock' staff (screen taken from _Somniel_ trailer):

vS5Ag3N.png

(As per the image, there's also a distinct Freeze and Silence staff above it in the Item Shop)

Yeah, guess it was a bit too obvious not to be brought up. Genuinely missed it in the trailer though. Thanks!

Jade's profile and footage was already available and the main site. The other two are battles you can undertake in Somniel. There are two types:

• Normal exercise, where you fight other characters. These are free but you can only do a certain number, presumably between each battle, or time periods, like in Fates. The opponent is picked at random.
    • This primarily seems to grant Exp for the character you choose, if they win.
  • "Specially named exercise" , where you fight emblems directly. These can be attempted over and over, but each attempt costs Bond Fragments.
    • They're meant to level your emblems to a specific bond level instantly, provided you win. The battle we see, meant to merely push Lucina from level 2 to 3, is way Beneath Alear's level.
    • This also shows us what Lyn and Lucina gain at bond levels 3, 4, and 5.
      • At level 3, they gain a new synchro skill. Lyn gets Speedtaker and Lucina gains Dual Assist
        • Speedtaker in Fates gave you a Spd boost for the duration of the chapter every time you defeated a foe, with an upward limit. It was very strong, like many DLC/Amiibo skills. Ironically, this was a skill given by Marth's class, yet he doesn't have it here.
        • Dual Assist is described here, and allows the user to have a 35% chance to trigger a chain attack whenever an ally fights in their attack range (which is movement + weapon range), as long as said user is a backup type, or also has the Dual strike skill.
      • At level 4, they unlock the first level of their weapon mastery of choice. Interestingly, both grant Bow mastery, but of different types.
      • Finally at level 5, they seem to unlock their Skill inheritance (or at least part of it I'd assume), which we've seen as the ability to purchase Emblem Synchro and weapon mastery skills to equip them on your characters' last two skill slots.
        • Additionally, level 5 seems to unlock dialogue, which explains how we've seen non-Alear characters speak with emblems. Now the question is if every emblem gets to talk with every character.

- It is interesting to me that Alear only gets to pick between Lucina and Lyn. While we see that they have a suspicious amount of emblems at Bond Lv10 already, Leif and Roy are only at 3 and 5 respectively. Even if 5 is the current limit, at least Leif should show up.

- While this had been hinted with Micaiah, I really like that you get to fight emblems directly.

- We get the stats for Elfire. It has 11 Mt, 90 Accuracy, and 0 Crit. In other words, it's really good compared to previous iterations, no wonder we keep seeing it.
  - We also get to see that Ivy has extremely low Lck (4 at level 17). Characters being good in most everything and horrible in one stat seems to be a theme.
    - Also this is mostly assumption based on what we've seen previously, but these should be pretty close to Ivy's bases.

- We've seen a lot of weapon ranks by now, and while there indeed doesn't seem to be regular weapon rank levelling, it is striking that everyone seems to have at least B in everything. I think the lowest we've seen is Framme's C rank in Body arts.

Edited by Cysx

Brodia continues to have the best designs in the game imo. I am curious to see how her writing hobby plays out.

Looks like mock battles are back, with you also being able to train against Emblems. Hope this is something characters can only once per base visit, so as to prevent it from being abusable.

- ANNA CONTENT!

- Ivy's personal skill is "Obsession/Devotion"

- Normal Training can be used twice in the Special Training video

- Lyn's bond lv 3 skill is indeed Speedtaker

- Lucina's bond lv 4 skill is "Bow Prowess - Nimble lv 1", while Lyn's is "Bow Prowess - Heart lv 1"

- Seems like you need to reach bond level 5 to buy skill from Emblem

- A bunch of Emblems are greyed out for some reason: Marth, Celica, Sigurd and Micaiah all have bond level 10 (max for now), and Roy has bond level 5 (max for training apparently), but Leif only has bond level 3 and is still greyed out

Anyways, it's cool to fight against Emblems. I wonder if we will ever know their stats.

42 minutes ago, Cysx said:
  • At level 4, they unlock the first level of their weapon mastery of choice. Interestingly, both grant Bow mastery, but judging on the names Lyn seems to focus on Critical chance, and Lucina Accuracy perhaps?

We saw 柔 used in Marth's Sword Prowess SI and there it granted Avo +10, but Crt -10. I think the stats allocated to each Prowess subfamily are going to depend on what the theme of each is; I don't believe we have yet seen a dark green colored skill with stat related things as of yet (Dex is grey, Avo is blue, Str is red I think). So Lucina's will likely take a similar path to Marth's. 心 might end up being Hit, but I'll wait and see.

17 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

We saw 柔 used in Marth's Sword Prowess SI and there it granted Avo +10, but Crt -10. I think the stats allocated to each Prowess subfamily are going to depend on what the theme of each is; I don't believe we have yet seen a dark green colored skill with stat related things as of yet (Dex is grey, Avo is blue, Str is red I think). So Lucina's will likely take a similar path to Marth's. 心 might end up being Hit, but I'll wait and see.

Was about to comment on that. If this color coding is correct, then we're given a bit more insight as to what Alear's retainer's skills do(and vice versa), since Vander's is gray, Clanne teal, and Framme pink. Pretty sure Clanne has been shown to grant 10 accuracy early on.
We'd also seen dark green before, Alcryst has that skill in Lyn's spotlight. His stats are so high however that it's pretty difficult to tell what it does. But out of all of them, his Accuracy and Crit Avo stick out as being too high and too low respectively. For reference :

Spoiler

FQTJ9wA.pngeetmXdR.png

This is theoretical of course, but judging from his Avo, his Lck should be at 12 or 13, which suggests his crit avo is lowered by 10. Meanwhile his accuracy is at least 20 points above what one'd expect. Probably more.

Edited by Cysx

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

We'd also seen dark green before, Alcryst has that skill in Lyn's spotlight. His stats are so high however that it's pretty difficult to tell what it does. But out of all of them, his Accuracy and Crit Avo stick out as being too high and too low respectively.

Oops, I forgot to mention 'separate to Alcryst with Bow Prowess: Heart Lv. 4, but as you said if Verdant Faith increases Hit then I think that sells it pretty well.

Hmm, ditching Ddg for Hit feels like a strange tradeoff. Would the Lv. 4 be stat swings of 25 apiece then? (assuming Lv 1 is +10/-10)

20 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

Oops, I forgot to mention 'separate to Alcryst with Bow Prowess: Heart Lv. 4, but as you said if Verdant Faith increases Hit then I think that sells it pretty well.

Hmm, ditching Ddg for Hit feels like a strange tradeoff. Would the Lv. 4 be stat swings of 25 apiece then? (assuming Lv 1 is +10/-10)

Actually... the stats we've seen today for Ivy were of her at level 17, same as the first time we saw Lyn in the emblems trailer. HP, Mag and Def match, and Skl, Res and Spd are buffed by Lyn... so... since we see her with Elfire in some trailers and the Killer Bow in the chinese one, we can guess the Killer Bow's hit as being
109 - (16*2) + (4/2) = 75.
This (again, theoretically) means that barring anything else, Alcryst has to get a bonus accuracy that ends in 5 (since his Lck presumably gives an even bonus of 6, and Dex x2 will never be odd) to end up on an even result of 184.

... so yeah, 25 or 35 would be my guess. If the above is correct he needs 109 and most of his stats seem to be in the twenties, so, the latter mayhaps.

Edited by Cysx

11 hours ago, Cysx said:

Dual Assist is described here, and allows the user to have a 35% chance to trigger a chain attack whenever an ally fights in their attack range (which is movement + weapon range), as long as said user is a backup type, or also has the Dual strike skill.

Weird how it's only active with a backup type unit or a skill that I'd assume you get from her skill inheritance, if I'm understanding it correctly

6 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Some more tweets about Rosado and some snippets about the cafe, apparently

Yeah, Rosado's taken straight from the main site again, the Somniel pics are from the trailer, and... we can switch tracks in the cafeteria. We do get a minimap with icons, though I'm not seeing too much of interest. Somniel's layout definitely isn't a mystery the way the monastery's was, and we've seen the full map before anyway.

Edited by Cysx

3 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Yeah, but at least most of the facilities are basically next to each other, in this game. The marketplace in 3H was an bit of an chore to actually get to.

Oh yeah, that wasn't a complaint at all. I did think it was maybe a bit small, but since we have roaming outside of it to some extent, it'll probably be fine.
Really I was just saying there was nothing new to talk about todayXD

Edited by Cysx

I'm curious about how we will unlock songs for the Jukebox. There are only 5 songs (which is weirdly few) and no apparent place for purchasing them. If songs are unlocked as we traveled to the corresponding countries, then that implies we get Ivy before even coming to Solm somehow.

And IS has reeled back their previewing speed huh. I wonder when we will see the next Emblem's showcase.

Edited by kienquocsi

15 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So aside from mister Jagen and maybe Ivy....is there any character so far we can safely say is over 20 years old? So far the cast seems kinda on the young side with not an adult in sight. 

Yup 1000+ year old Alear isn’t an Adult/s

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

I'm curious about how we will unlock songs for the Jukebox. There are only 5 songs (which is weirdly few) and no apparent place for purchasing them. If songs are unlocked as we traveled to the corresponding countries, then that implies we get Ivy before even coming to Solm somehow.

And IS has reeled back their previewing speed huh. I wonder when we will see the next Emblem's showcase.

I feel that the song selection is Cafe Terrace focused, and I think screenshots have suggested that Solmese characters aren't seen unless there's also an Elusian character as well i.e. we go through Elusia, recruit the squad there and then head to Solm. The last track is interesting, because you'd think we'd have a Lythos / Somniel specific dining theme... (Not sure about other music tracks however.)

The pacing of retainer posts feels suited to three weeks of content (we had 6 retainer pairs + Seadall coming into this week, and we've had both of Diamant's and one of Hortensia's this week so it's on pace), and I don't think they'd intentionally stretch Emblem showcases longer than that. Preparing for the next Emblem showcase tomorrow myself.

~~~

BTW if anyone wanted a quick at-a-glance reference for Emblems and their symbols (when there's a way to accurately capture the flame colors, or the colored small symbols next to weapons, I may update):

Spoiler

YWsK4Qe.png

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I love the fact that when two flying units fight it out, they actually do so in the sky. That was only done once before.

I also like how if you're fighting over water with flier units they make a splash. Wonder if something similar will happen when fighting over mountains or trees