Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

this suggests an eng trailer soon, but the use of english gameplay for a KOREAN trailer? weird as hell. nintendo has been so weird with this game's marketing

What’s weirder is that NoKOR’s Topics page equivalent follows the NoJ/NoHK format.

Then again there’s been no consistency in marketing for Engage across regions so orz

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

Bruh what's with the censored crit rate, it's not even doing a good job at hiding their 100% crit XD

English description of Blades makes it sound like they can Smash without initiating combat, while Japanese description is the opposite. That's gonna be a problem for sure. Actually, their English description is just a mess in general. "Cannot follow up, or strike first if initiating combat"? So you can follow up if foe initiates combat? Which is it!?

I think we’ve seen in Leif’s video that heavy/smash weapons on defense didn’t effect their Smash property (visually some of the greatlance strikes are double thrusts as I recall).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Crubat said:

So the time nintendo would usually post a fire emblem trailer has passed and im just wondering whats holding them back, why are they so incompetent

So what are the chance the game just drops without NoA doing anything else?

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

Mika Pikazo countdown post: dragon milf 2, Zephia

I did not think this design, of all designs, could be made to look good. This, though? She looks legitimately intimidating here. I am impressed.

The more of these artworks she releases, the more I wish they didn't ditch 2D portraits. Especially since I was convinced that they had done that to accomodate for outfit customization in combat... and well, then that turned out not to be a thing.

Okay, have to say, NoA has certainly beaten my expectations here. Next to zero advertisement 5 business days before release is almost inspiring. Even NoJ suddenly slowing down and IS diverting attention by doing CYL right now... what is even going on ?

Imma try to find retailers who break street date starting tomorrow (worked last time), but at this rate I'm worried even they won't know the game's coming.

Also for the record, then January 26th edition of Famitsu... does not feature Engage, it seems.

Edited by Cysx

28 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Okay, have to say, NoA has certainly beaten my expectations here. Next to zero advertisement 5 business days before release is almost inspiring. Even NoJ suddenly slowing down and IS diverting attention by doing CYL right now... what is even going on ?

Imma try to find retailers who break street date starting tomorrow (worked last time), but at this rate I'm worried even they won't know the game's coming.

Also for the record, then January 26th edition of Famitsu... does not feature Engage, it seems.

The marketing here is just plain weird. Simultaneously so much and so little.

...then again, the only game in this entire series that has had decent marketing is Houses. Compared to every game before Houses, the marketing this game's gotten is excellent. Just because it exists.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

29 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I see Rodine's name (the armor boss who calls Corrupted reinforcement) in the player card section

Now please excuse me while I go huff my recruitable generics copium again

WHTA

WHTA

WHAT

WHA

I mean, most likely the game's card picture selection is just really thorough for the weirdos that like bossmen.

...but pass that copium, please. I need to believe there's a chance I'll get Mitan and Nelucce in my team.

IIRC, SoV's player profile card also had generics available as options for pictures so I wouldn't put much credence in Rodine being there lol

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

IIRC, SoV's player profile card also had generics available as options for pictures so I wouldn't put much credence in Rodine being there lol

I can just see it. “Hold on Zephia, before we go back to trying to kill each other how about we snap a quick pic?”

Edited by ciphertul

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

I mean, at this point the Fates Capture dream is pretty much dead and buried. I would've expected it would've been mentioned by a previewer by now. Unless it only becomes a thing after the NDA - but then, that still means Mitan dream is dead, so I'm still sad.

I guess the simplest solution would be to ask NWR, but... Well, I'm afraid to do and get a plain no lol

3 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I can just see it. “Hold on Zephia, before we go back to trying to kill each other how about we snap a quick pic?”

Photo mode does look absurdly elaborate lol, imagine if they actually did let you plop villains in there for a quick pic.

Calling it now, Photo mode will be the source of most Engage memes. That aside, it does look kinda fun to mess around with.

Tail aside, Merrin has one of the best designs in Engage in my opinion.

I`m curious to see how her performance as a unit will reflect how good Wolf Knight is as a class. And I wonder what kind of role Wolf Knight will play to separate it from other cavalry classes in Engage.

1 minute ago, Metal Flash said:

Calling it now, Photo mode will be the source of most Engage memes. That aside, it does look kinda fun to mess around with.

Tail aside, Merrin has one of the best designs in Engage in my opinion.

I`m curious to see how her performance as a unit will reflect how good Wolf Knight is as a class. And I wonder what kind of role Wolf Knight will play to separate it from other cavalry classes in Engage.

Access to dagger and how poison stacks with dagger will probably make them dang good boss killers.

I love how every animation we've seen of the wolf rider so far is just aggresively speeeeeen Kaden is that you ?

The fox tail may look weird , but it's important to remember that she's described as a wildlife nerd in the Engage website bio. It's a bit on the nose but I find it funny :]

I still have an hunch that the four hounds will end up as playable characters of some kind , even if they're just bonus recruits in the post game or available through very contrived means. However it's surprising that regular bosses are listed in the player card. 

33 minutes ago, Azz said:

Mika Pikazo countdown post: Alcryst addition

Aww... After that incredibly impressive Zephia - which is doubly impressive because she has my least favorite design in the game - she drops this one. Not that I'm calling it bad or anything, it's light years away from anything I could manage, but comparatively speaking, I don't like this one as much as the others she's been making. His face is weird and his hands look unfittingly rugged for a guy like this.

...Then again, Alcryst is one of the characters I'm least interested about period, so perhaps I'm just biased haha.