Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

40 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't hate it myself, but it does baffle me. How is she getting anything done with such a poofy skirt?! But there is a wardrobe feature, and maybe other classes will have fixed outfits so this shouldn't be too big of an issue - I hope.

Well as long as they are better then the generic outfits in houses.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

This is particularly interesting if we take the levels at face value and assume that it's an early map. I don't think any game started adding tricky scenarios like that so early in the past, right? That's a promising sign!

I mean I can think of some like thracia and conquest but it's still really nice! It looks like a chapter 10 map to me, or maybe a chapter or 2 earlier.

Celine and Alfred are both listed as Nobles but have different proficiencies and movement types. Either this is something like the GBA class system (e.g. Eirika and Ephraim having the same class but different weapons) or classes are even more loosely defined than in 3H. I like that idea, but I've learned from this thread that a lot of people don't 😕

I think it's similar to how to how the GBA lord class worked. Considering they explicitly stated that Alfred rides horses and uses lances and how Celine uses swords and tomes, it gives the impression that that's the only weapons they use. Otherwise, we probably would've seen them use weapons that they're not normally seen with by now. And yeah, personally I'm not a fan of the wide weapon choice for each character in 3H, I was excited for it before three houses but it just made every character feel less unique imo. 

59 minutes ago, Tharne said:

Someone on the main Fire Emblem discord found the meaning of those red crosses.

They show if the attack will be fatal for the unit. If you look closely, if the thief do not miss his attack CĂ©line is dead and if the attack miss but CĂ©line hit with her follow-up then the thief is dead.

In all the other clips forecast none of the units would have died (if not for the crits of course) that's why there wasn't any red cross.

I think that theory is correct.

That seems very plausible, thanks for telling us.

--

As for Celine's dress, I don't think it's that bad honestly, looked weird at first but now I think it's funny and silly. I don't like how revealing her top is but it's not too bad. That's it pretty much

Not a fan of fog of war possibly returning, but oh well.

Now the question remains, will the daggers be like Fates hidden weapons, debuffing enemies on hit, or like Tellius knives, weaker ranged weapons for thieves, rouges and assassins? 

I wonder if every royal/noble will have the noble class, now that we know different characters can wield different weapons. 

Celine is already my favorite character being all badass with Swords and magic all in a huge dress!!! hopefully if marriage is still in my top choice next to Chloe. Also thankfully she doesn’t have spoil brat personality!!🙏

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

If I'm being completely honest, I hate the clothing/armor designs of just about every character so far. Alfred and Celine's designs in particular just look so overly gaudy and way too busy.

To date, Awakening has my least favorite clothing/armor designs, but this is looking even worse so far.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

Okay so why did Celine get 2 crit animations in her’s? Does it mean that everyone before her only gets 1 weapon type at base or is she just special?

Prolly cause she gets access to 2 weapons at base, no one thus far has had 2 weapons so it makes sense that all the previous characters didn't. But this means Vander only gets access to axes despite being promoted.

Edited by Crubat

11 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Prolly cause she gets access to 2 weapons at base, no one thus far has had 2 weapons so it makes sense that all the previous characters didn't. But this means Vander only gets access to axes despite being promoted.

I hope he still has access to other weapons, their critical animations are just not revealed to us yet

Daggers and FoW being back are okay. More variety for weapons and maps. I like Celine so far, although the top of her dress is kinda weird and revealing, but oh well. She looks like she'll be one of my favorites for now. Every time I watch these clips, I am reminded of how fluid this game is and I love it. The animations have been pretty good so far!

4 hours ago, Tharne said:

Someone on the main Fire Emblem discord found the meaning of those red crosses.

They show if the attack will be fatal for the unit. If you look closely, if the thief do not miss his attack CĂ©line is dead and if the attack miss but CĂ©line hit with her follow-up then the thief is dead.

In all the other clips forecast none of the units would have died (if not for the crits of course) that's why there wasn't any red cross.

I think that theory is correct.

That makes sense to me! We saw the X when Alear first attacked in the reveal trailer I believe, but he was scoring a fatal blow then too, so it works!

3 hours ago, Crubat said:

I mean I can think of some like thracia and conquest but it's still really nice! It looks like a chapter 10 map to me, or maybe a chapter or 2 earlier.

I figured FE4 or 5 would have done it, thanks 😛 I don't know how I managed to forget putting that in my initial comment...

3 hours ago, Crubat said:

Considering they explicitly stated that Alfred rides horses and uses lances and how Celine uses swords and tomes, it gives the impression that that's the only weapons they use. Otherwise, we probably would've seen them use weapons that they're not normally seen with by now.

I believe the 3H Lords were also shown off with their default weapons first, and it was only with the explanation of how class ups work that we learned about the flexibility.

3 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Now the question remains, will the daggers be like Fates hidden weapons, debuffing enemies on hit, or like Tellius knives, weaker ranged weapons for thieves, rouges and assassins?

I hope they follow Heroes' lead for that and just make daggers equal to other ranged weapons, with the debuff (if any) just added on top.

2 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Okay so why did Celine get 2 crit animations in her’s? Does it mean that everyone before her only gets 1 weapon type at base or is she just special?

In addition to what Crubat said, she's also our first unit so far who can use both magic and melee weapons, so that may be another reason for her getting two animations.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Not necessarily. They skipped Sigurd, unless they intend to do both next week.

If so, I hope we get more info on how Engaging works. If not, I hope we at least get told whether Rings unlock other weapon choices for the wielder like that clip of Cramme Engaging with Celica seemed to imply.

(Speaking of Celica, something else I forgot to mention is the odd coincidence that she and Celine have similar names and seem to be paired together. I know that isn't going to go anywhere, but still.)

We're also nearing the point where I'm considering going blind, so it'd be nice to get something as concrete as that then too. Does anyone know if we're due for any new game shows or Famitsu magazines soon?

52 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

She looks like she'll be one of my favorites for now. Every time I watch these clips, I am reminded of how fluid this game is and I love it. The animations have been pretty good so far!

Outfit aside, I agree about Celine! I like that she isn't the bratty Princess her appearance suggests and from the clips it seems she and Alfred are going to be cinnamon rolls xD And the animation too! It's SO fluid and pretty! I wonder how stock animations will be handled this time around too, maybe we'll get more per character build than 3H had.

Speaking of clips, according to this one you meet Celine after agreeing to help Alfred and their kingdom, so this again suggests the reveals are coming in chronological order and also hints at what the early story could be* (another reason I'm considering leaving the news cycle). Maybe the split deployment is because one half of your team is going to rendevous with Celine (or Celine comes with Louis, Etie and Chloe right away)?

* for example right now I think it's a safe bet that the story (very roughly) goes:

Alear wakes up -> the Corrupted attack -> Alfred comes by on his regular pilgrimage -> he asks the Dragon Guardians for help back in Firene -> they provide backup to Celine there.

3 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

I REALLY want it to be the former. Tellius daggers were utterly laughable.

"Celine is a Philanthropist-"

okay, wow, they DO know there's a word for it instead of eudom...whatever they were trying to say. 

Man, every character in this game looks like the Fire Emblem Heroes Seasonal Alt version of themselves. I might end up being very grateful for the dressup feature if the game allows me to take the reigns from these artists.

22 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

okay, wow, they DO know there's a word for it instead of eudom...whatever they were trying to say. 

Man, every character in this game looks like the Fire Emblem Heroes Seasonal Alt version of themselves. I might end up being very grateful for the dressup feature if the game allows me to take the reigns from these artists.

I agree.

If I get the chance, I'm going to immediately get Alfred and Celine into other outfits. I can't stand how gaudy they look. And I can't say I'm fond of the flower theme.

Why are you all talking about daggers there's no dagger here ooooh on that thief guy, nevermind

So we have confirmation that Flamme's crazy crit evasion was due to her weapon(she had >40 Edit: 36 actually, but it matches since her other combat stats point to her having 6 Luck), since Celine switching off of her slim sword drops her crit evasion by 30. Seems the principle of making low end weapons limited but safe from Fates is back, except on crack. It used to be +10 crit evasion. At the same time, the slim sword does not raise crit at all this time around.

Also that first guy's Hammer is green again, and no green column to be seen. Celine has an Armorslayer in her inventory, and it's not green. Thinking back, Alfred had an effective Axe as well, so it's definitely not meant to indicate effectiveness.
The enemy has a green loot icon on the map, so the whole thing is likely for items drop. Doesn't explain the column thing, guess it really was something else. At least some things are now clarified.

I'd like Celine's design quite a bit, even the dress, if not for the crown, which is a bit too much for me. But hey.

Edited by Cysx

Was not expecting daggers to be back. They also share the same colour as bows and tomes so I'm very curious to see how they will fit into a possible triangle/effectiveness thing with brawling. I also wonder if they'll be 1-2 range as well. I imagine they may be, but will have low might to not make bows look super bad for being 2 range locked.

Her dress certainly is something lol. I was not expecting it to be that large but I don't mind it. Nice to have full confirmation that some units will be have multiple weapons. I wonder if this means Vander is locked to just axes or if he'll have access to more weapons they just waited until CĂ©line to show it off. At the same time, we have seen CĂ©line in trailers wielding both sword and tomes while Vander has exclusively been axes so its hard to say.

FOW is interesting.  I wonder if it will be as underused as it was in Three Houses or if it will be more aplenty. I also can't tell which I would prefer.

Not much else to say. I'm just interested to see who Alcryst is now since we know they are a prince of Firene, but Alfred and CĂ©line are obviously the elder siblings.

I hope they follow Heroes' lead for that and just make daggers equal to other ranged weapons, with the debuff (if any) just added on top.

That could also work. I just hope that, if they do go with this, they don`t go as overboard with debuffs as Fates did.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

I REALLY want it to be the former. Tellius daggers were utterly laughable.

I have heard nothing good about Tellius daggers. The best dagger using character, Volke, seems to be seen as good INSPITE of his weapon type, rather than because of it. And then there`s how knives were given to Sages in Path of Radiance for reasons I cannot fathom.

1 hour ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

44 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I agree.

If I get the chance, I'm going to immediately get Alfred and Celine into other outfits. I can't stand how gaudy they look. And I can't say I'm fond of the flower theme.

They're still better than female Byleth's outfit. Speaking of, 3H had a dressup feature, but not even that was enough for me to forgive that.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I love Celine's big poofy dress and long flowing hair. And I'm she's not chibified as I had initially feared

18 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

That could also work. I just hope that, if they do go with this, they don`t go as overboard with debuffs as Fates did.

I have heard nothing good about Tellius daggers. The best dagger using character, Volke, seems to be seen as good INSPITE of his weapon type, rather than because of it. And then there`s how knives were given to Sages in Path of Radiance for reasons I cannot fathom.

I made the mistake of giving Soren a knife when he promoted. In my head it made so much sense that he'd rather cut someone that heal them

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of, 3H had a dressup feature, but not even that was enough for me to forgive that.

Yeah, as DLC so I've never seen it. I think the five confirmed clothing choices we've spotted in this game's first trailer already surpasses the lengths they went to with Three Houses.