Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The Alpaca hero is here-o' line was certainly something. Amber is a lot higher pitches than I imagined.

Nice to finally have the trailer in English Rip Vincent who just got to post his own analysis of the Japanese version

Hmm, only one ticket at the amiibo Gazebo in the English version, and nothing appears to have been bought already. That implies you only get 1 ticket per FE amiibo rather than the 3 per that some were hoping for, unless that 1 is just a freebie that all save files get or something (which would mean 2 per amiibo).

"Purchase clothes and accessories at the boutique so you and your allies can SLAAAY in style"

Not sure if that's a figure of speech or a soft confirmation that outfits can be used in battle.

Edited by egobarrier

IS decided to do a tiny bit of trolling today

Observations:

- You can swap between Eirika and Ephraim at will, doesn't even take a turn. They don't seem to give different stat boost

- Solar Brace heals 30% damage dealt

- Lapis's footage likely takes place in Arena Ferox, while the last map looks like Fate's chapter 6 (the choose your path map)

- Alfred's promoted class Avenir can use sword too

- Twin Strike (Eirika version) can only use sword at close range. Looks like only Ephraim's strike has effectiveness against Corrupted. Calvary boosts Ephraim's damage by 50%

- Eirika/Ephraim's second Sync skill seems to be proper Luna/Sol? (this is their combined version) image.png

EDIT: Hortensia's 3rd skill is disabled, likely because Eirika already has Luna

image.png

EDIT 2: The Luna/Sol(?) combined skill is called "Blue Sky", interestingly

- Fogado's personal skill is called "Flirting" and can randomly trigger at the start of combat

- EDIT: Can't believe I did not see this, but changing to Ephraim does not change Eirika's Rapier (at least at bond lv 1)

Edited by kienquocsi

Fogado's Cupid(o?) class can also use swords

2 hours ago, kienquocsi said:
- Twin Strike (Eirika version) can only use sword at close range. Looks like only Ephraim's strike has effectiveness against Corrupted. Calvary boosts Ephraim's damage by 50%

It's because Ephraim is using Siegmund and Diamant hasn't unlocked Eirika's Sieglinde yet. I suspect the twin that partners with you during the attavk always has their Sacred Twin equipped.

12 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Weird how they dropped this video so early. New trailer coming soon?

I've been expecting a gameplay trailer to show off weapons, break, battle styles, classes, promotions, etc. for a while now

Oh, they went with a medley here. Well, why not.

• Eirika's Rapier differs from Marth's in that it doesn't give +20 Avo, but has 10 Crit instead(unless you're willing to believe Lapis has 52/42 Dex here and the Rapier 55/75 Accuracy; mostly this is numerically coherent and consistent with Sacred Stones). They should have the same Mt, but we'll see. Both are effective against Cavalry and Armors as you'd expect.
  • So that's where that twin lances skill came from this whole time. What it does isn't described here, but from what we've been seeing, it seems to have massive range, if not cover the whole map.
    • It's worth noting that Lapis' Atk is buffed while Fogado's wasn't, and they both have Lv1 Bond with Eirika in this footage. So maybe it just does that, raise Atk. That'd be really good.
  • I wish they were a bit clearer on the values of Eirika's Lunar brace skill, although I'm willing to guess it probably cuts through 30% of defenses too. Either way, these are two extremely strong effects for sync skills. Wonder how skill inheritance will work on those.
  • Again we see Elfire with Marth's symbol. I believe we've only seen Elthunder with Sigurd's symbol thus far as well(and a flame lance with what we now know as Leif's symbol, but that was only once). They seem to be picking footage from one general playthrough most of the time though, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
  • With Lucina's throwback map revealed and Corrin's confirmed, I think that only leaves Celica and Byleth to cover. And Marth, assuming the Ice Dragon Shrine isn't his.
4 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

- Eirika/Ephraim's second Sync skill seems to be proper Luna/Sol? (this is their combined version) image.png

Wouldn't that be... weird though? Plus even though it triggers, Hortensia still only recovers 30% of her damage as health.
The implication that Hortensia's skill is indeed Luna is interesting though, since we've basically been told these come from Emblems, and thus it could be greyed out because she's learned it from them, and as they said, you can't stack them?

Maybe that's what you meant, but... yeah. Logically that'd be the form the Lunar and Solar braces take through skill inheritance, then... or it's just that second one. That's just kinda confusing really.

Edited by Cysx

28 minutes ago, Cysx said:

So that's where that twin lances skill came from this whole time. What it does isn't described here, but from what we've been seeing, it seems to have massive range, if not cover the whole map.

Isn't that just the symbol for Sacred Twins? If not, then Eirika would have 3 Engage Skills (since Sacred Twins is described as one, although it doesn't have a symbol in that case). I do feel like I have seen that symbol before though, but I can't remember where

28 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Wouldn't that be... weird though? Plus even though it triggers, Hortensia still only recovers 30% of her damage as health.

You are right. Then... I have no idea what that is.

Also where did you see the Flame Lance with Leif symbol?

Oh and changing to Ephraim does not change the engage weapon. I kinda missed that.

Edited by kienquocsi

21 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Isn't that just the symbol for Sacred Twins? If not, then Eirika would have 3 Engage Skills (since Sacred Twins is described as one, although it doesn't have a symbol in that case). I do feel like I have seen that symbol before though, but I can't remember where

I'd think so but we've seen other characters with this  buff quite a few times;

Spoiler

tGCdMqR.png1lXav70.png

... these being the two that come to mind. Byleth and Sigurd trailers respectively. And agreed, their Engage certainly seems to do a lot.
Edit: With that being said... Neither Etie's nor Ivy's Atk is being buffed here. I guess that's not what it does then...? Then again, they're both using Magic weapons, so technically it could be Str rather than general Atk... After all, both the Siegmund and Sieglinde grant +5 Str in their game.

"sigh" Research time I guess!

21 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

You are right. Then... I have no idea what that is.

Also where did you see the Flame Lance with Leif symbol?

It's at the very end of Byleth's video:

Spoiler

XfUgy3J.png

Edited by Cysx

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

Not to mention that Tireur Alcryst also has a more classical Luna-appearing skill icon. Perhaps instead the half filled moon and sun are the FEH Daylight / New Moon (since 30% instead of 50%) that's being represented?

9KErTpk.png

I was debating over whether 蒼穹 could actually just be the weak version of 天空 (Aether) much like how FEH has Daylight/Noontime and New Moon/Moonbow as the weak versions of Sol and Luna respectively, but again it doesn't feel like 蒼穹 stacks with Solilunar Brace.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

I'd think so but we've seen other characters with this buff quite a few times

Also, the enemies can get it too (this shot is from Celica's video, though consider that this is the FE8 map so...):

282k2Vh.png

~~~

Also, I'm sure no-one would feel surprised if I speculated that Sieglinde will grant Corrupted effectiveness, would they?

Edited by tipperthescales

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

The implication that Hortensia's skill is indeed Luna is interesting though, since we've basically been told these come from Emblems, and thus it could be greyed out because she's learned it from them, and as they said, you can't stack them?

Maybe that's what you meant, but... yeah. Logically that'd be the form the Lunar and Solar braces take through skill inheritance, then... or it's just that second one. That's just kinda confusing really.

Yeah I simply meant Hortensia's 3rd skill is inherited from Eirika, that's why it's greyed out. Calling it "Luna" just confuses everyone huh.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:20 AM, tipperthescales said:

Also, I'm sure no-one would feel surprised if I speculated that Sieglinde will grant Corrupted effectiveness, would they?

I'd think the same; Sieglinde and Siegmund were both effective on monsters in their home game, as were all the other Sacred Twin weapons (except Gleipnir lol).

By the way, a couple more things were confirmed by the IGN/Gamespot footage(sorry if that's been brought up since):

- Engage attacks without an explicit modifier, or at the very least Sigurd's, simply use your character's Atk. This is important because while Corrin's seems to replace your weapon by a Dragon Fang(with currently still mostly unknown stats), Sigurd's and Roy's can logically be strengthened considerably by heavy weaponry, in turn, giving that weapon type more of a purpose.

- The doubling threshold isn't 4. Vander is shown unable to double a 2 AS knight, even though he has 6 AS. 5 AS to double is something only Awakening and Fates did, and I tend to look at it as a sign that stats grow high and fast. Which to be fair, we already had reason to believe.
To be honest I've been thinking that was the case for about two months by now, but couldn't find explicit proof. I'll sleep a bit better tonight I guess

Edited by Cysx

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

- The doubling threshold isn't 4. Vander is shown unable to double a 2 AS knight, even though he has 6 AS. 5 AS to double is something only Awakening and Fates did, and I tend to look at it as a sign that stats grow high and fast. Which to be fair, we already had reason to believe.

This honestly make the mid 20s defense on Berserker cap even more baffling then.

6 hours ago, Cysx said:

To be honest I've been thinking that was the case for about two months by now, but couldn't find explicit proof. I'll sleep a bit better tonight I guess

If that's the case (I cannot find the part you mentioned), then the doubling threshold is definitely 5 AS. 6 AS Vander is doubled by a 11 AS Sword Fighter at the beginning of Gamespot video

And that doesn't necessarily mean high growth either. Emblems provide such high bonus that stats will be crazy without bonker growth

Edited by kienquocsi

6 hours ago, Cysx said:

5 speed difference does seem to be the doubling threshold again, as a Sword Fighter that had 11 speed doubled 6 Speed Vander in that same video. Though since we know most weapons are unique this time around; I forget, have we ever seen the iron axe specifically double?

7 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

If that's the case (I cannot find the part you mentioned), then the doubling threshold is definitely 5 AS. 6 AS Vander is doubled by a 11 AS Sword Fighter at the beginning of Gamespot video

Spoiler

qgbltI7.png

xcL9ybm.png

7 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

And that doesn't necessarily mean high growth either. Emblems provide such high bonus that stats will be crazy without bonker growth

You know... I don't know about high bonuses, actually. The fact does remain that we don't know for sure, though.

7 hours ago, Vexal said:

5 speed difference does seem to be the doubling threshold again, as a Sword Fighter that had 11 speed doubled 6 Speed Vander in that same video. Though since we know most weapons are unique this time around; I forget, have we ever seen the iron axe specifically double?

That'd be funny! To be honest there's a pretty good chance we haven't, considering our resident earlygame axe people, Vander, Boucheron and Anna, get about as much spotlight as they have AS (and no royal is axe focused either). That being said, we've seen Lapis double with a Silver Axe.

Edited by Cysx

Very random and not exactly sure where its from but I found it on tumblr and said I'd post it here. Apparently somewhere is giving am Engage character sprite sticker sheet as a pre-order bonus. There isn't much new on it but we do get to see Sombron's sprite:

Spoiler

7056a4679408293429636e31c1edcbbba7950112

They went with a really somber mix of Thracia's lategame map theme. Again, why not.

• Leif's sync skill, Vital Shifting, lowers damage taken when you have weapon advantage. Unclear if it is a static reduction(of 3), or a percentage.
  • Leif's engage weapon is the Killer Axe. It's what you expect.
  • Leif's engage skill is, Adaptation, automatically switches your weapon to a more advantageous one when you're attacked. It can even switch to a 1-2 range weapon if needed.
  • His Engage attack, Tetra trick, attacks with sword, axe, lance and bow at once, easily breaking most enemies.

• Chain guard is a manoeuver that Qi gong characters can use at full HP. When activated, they can take the damage directed at allies around them for themselves. It is unclear if the damage cannot be higher than 20% of the Qi gong user's health for it to work, or if it will never deal more than that.

- Diamant is presumably in his promoted class.
- Rosado is a Sword Knight.
- The Killer Axe presumably has 65 Hit and 30 Crit.
- The Brionac has 1-2 range. It is presumably a stronger Spear.
- Leif uses 3 "identifiable" weapons during Tetra trick; the Light Sword, his second engage weapon seen in the Celica trailer(a lance), and the Killer axe. The bow itself also seems unique, which leads us the the question; is one of those four weapons only present here, or does Leif get more than 3 Engage weapons?
Pics:

Spoiler

aVm2pQP.png4cSDaS5.pngo5s0nLc.pngUqIVEwD.png

Edited by Cysx