Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

So what I'm getting is, reclassing depends on your weapon of choice, called aptitude, but you can freely reclass by inheriting aptitude from emblems.

...I just hope that doesn't depend on the emblem's own weapon of choice, otherwise there's going to be a bit of unbalance haha

Either way, you're right, I'm excited. I cannot wait to find a way to make Vandad punch.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, finally! Something I've been waiting for this whole time!

Of note, there are some classes with blue weapon ranks. I'm trying to think of a reason why.

Looks like class skills are learned at level 5 promoted class as I predicted.

• Master Monk's skill is "Qi Spreading" - When using a staff to heal, adjacent allies heal for 50% of the amount too
  • Berserker's skill is "Smash+" - Push enemy 2 tiles back when trigger Smash
  • Paladin's skill is Pivot. Now why does Paladin need Pivot is a mystery. Or maybe it does not work like in Heroes.

And there are 2 versions of Hero - Sword+Axe and Sword+Lance! Rejoice!

But there seems to be no infantry promoted lance class though, sad!

This actually makes me think, what if the promotion gives another weapon? Like when a Sword Fighter wants to promote to Hero, do they need to get Axe or Lance aptitude first? And we have seen no flying classes so far. Does that mean all flying classes have at least 2 weapons? Or are they locked behind another requirement? 

And why does Louis not have (Lance) Paladin in his pool? Ugh, this is bringing up more questions than it answers!

Edited by kienquocsi

I think the biggest question atm for me is which Emblem has dagger aptitude (lowkey expecting it to be Micaiah as a cute nod to Sothe).

Remind me again, did we have a Japanese name for the Pivot/Reposition like class skill but with a purple background? I'm wondering if that may be an 'affect the enemy' type of movement skill...

I think the blue weapon ranks imply the natural aptitude of a unit potentially boosts the class's base weapon rank to a higher tier; compare Louis (who has natural lance aptitude) trying to class change into (Brave) Hero compared with Framme's option (Louis gets Sword A / Lance B, whereas Framme gets Sword A / Lance C).

Edited by tipperthescales

Wow they actually managed to somehow make Three Houses reclassing system return, I’m kinda shocked. I thought if we were gonna get reclassing they’d do a Fates esque system. And level resets, guess we’re back to FEA level of min maxing probably. Very sad at the seaming lack of a promoted lance infantry… again. Guess Timerra is the only lance infantry allowed

I do quite like this reclassing system however. A lot of customisability is available but you have to put the work in. We know the royals can class change since we’ve seen Timerra as a Berserker, but I wonder about Alear, the thieves and Seadall. Overall, nice to have confirmation finally and I’m even more excited for all the customisability and by the looks of it, portraits will probably change based on class since they basically use in game models which has me more willing to reclass tbh

Yeah, I'm not a fan of three houses' class system at all but this kinda brings it back in a more balanced way. You can only naturally reclass to classes that share the same weapon type that character uses but if you do want more, you have to put in the work to get it. Part of the reason why I didn't like three houses' class system is cause it felt most units felt they had no identity cause you can make them into whichever class, but this way is better imo because they come with a base class with a few options to start with and if someone wants to expand they have the option to do that too.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I’m even more excited for all the customisability and by the looks of it, portraits will probably change based on class since they basically use in game models which has me more willing to reclass tbh

That does sound exciting, I'll be more willing to do it cause of that yeah

2 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

Remind me again, did we have a Japanese name for the Pivot/Reposition like class skill but with a purple background?

You mean the brown background? Then no. But it might be revealed along with Ike. The purple background is Swap, as seen in JP DLC trailer

2 hours ago, tipperthescales said:

I think the blue weapon ranks imply the natural aptitude of a unit potentially boosts the class's base weapon rank to a higher tier; compare Louis (who has natural lance aptitude) trying to class change into (Brave) Hero compared with Framme's option (Louis gets Sword A / Lance B, whereas Framme gets Sword A / Lance C).

Oh, good catch! That could mean Framme will boost Body Art rank for a class, since her Body Art icon is blue, while her staff is white. But looks like Master Monk already has S rank body art natutally. Maybe she can have boosted body art rank in High Priest, for example.

4 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

And why does Louis not have (Lance) Paladin in his pool? Ugh, this is bringing up more questions than it answers!

Framme required lvl 10 Monk to promote to Master Monk. So, potentially Louis needs to be lvl 10 Lance Knight for Paladin to show. Perhaps, same could be for promoted lance infantry.

I will say this is kind of a system that leaves no one exactly happy. Longtime fans don't get singular/branched promotions/reclasses, and TH fans won't like the Fates' weapon rank caps or restrictive classes. Not having a lance infantry tree is ABSURD at this point, especially if you are going to make one ANYWAY for the nobles!

Still, I'm at least glad we have this degree of reclassing. Lance Hero is probably going to be a favorite of mines, since Sword + Lance Infantry is...actually not that common a class. We got Great Lord from Awakening, annnnnnnd...that's it. Makes me wonder how many classes are going to be in the game, especially if we are going to have this many INSANE NUMBER OF REDUNDANCIES...!!

47 minutes ago, Lunabee said:

Framme required lvl 10 Monk to promote to Master Monk. So, potentially Louis needs to be lvl 10 Lance Knight for Paladin to show. Perhaps, same could be for promoted lance infantry.

Yes, that's actually my conclusion too. Louis could be not promoted yet, so he only has access to his natural promotion (General). 

There's still hope for lance infantry class! Have hope!

27 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Makes me wonder how many classes are going to be in the game, especially if we are going to have this many INSANE NUMBER OF REDUNDANCIES...!!

I actually think there should not be much more than what we're used too. Aside from the basic class weapon separation (Lance/Sword/Axe Knight etc.), other classes are basically the same, with only weapon variance

Edited by kienquocsi

15 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Are they actually bringing back the Mage Knight class? He doesn't look like a Dark Knight

Prolly. Anyway, I hope that it actually gets a fair shake. Dark Knight and especially Holy Knight didn't in 3H...

Interesting to note, like Paladins, Generals seem to only be able to use one weapon type which is quite interesting.

Shout out to Fabulously Olivier for correctly guessing Emblems are involved in reclassing.

By the looks of it, each weapon type will have a base and an advanced class that is infantry, cavalry and armoured and only uses that weapon type (sans lances RIP). Exceptions being Heroes, who have a Sword/Lance or Sword/Axe option. No Warrior to be seen which is odd since we know it exists but Vander can only go Berserker. I wonder if Warrior will be enemy only (and if it will have Bow access since we haven't had a traditional Axe/Bow Warrior is some time).

I wonder how flying classes will work and if Griffon Knights and Wyvern Knights will have separate variations for different weapon combos. Also will wyvern emblem be making a return from TH?

Also, now its time to start thinking about who to reclass. Will definitely be making Goldmary a flyer to join Hortensia and Rosado in the skies.

18 minutes ago, Azz said:

Interesting to note, like Paladins, Generals seem to only be able to use one weapon type which is quite interesting.

Shout out to Fabulously Olivier for correctly guessing Emblems are involved in reclassing.

By the looks of it, each weapon type will have a base and an advanced class that is infantry, cavalry and armoured and only uses that weapon type (sans lances RIP). Exceptions being Heroes, who have a Sword/Lance or Sword/Axe option. No Warrior to be seen which is odd since we know it exists but Vander can only go Berserker. I wonder if Warrior will be enemy only (and if it will have Bow access since we haven't had a traditional Axe/Bow Warrior is some time).

I wonder how flying classes will work and if Griffon Knights and Wyvern Knights will have separate variations for different weapon combos. Also will wyvern emblem be making a return from TH?

Also, now its time to start thinking about who to reclass. Will definitely be making Goldmary a flyer to join Hortensia and Rosado in the skies.

I think that even lance will have a promoted infantry class, it's just Louis in that picture doesn't have access to it yet. 

Vander not having access to Warrior is maybe because of him not having proficiency in its secondary weapon (Bow maybe, I guess there could be a brawling Warrior too)

Flying classes though... I have no idea. There's a possibility that Flying classes doesn't have access to infantry/armor/calvary classes and vice versa, since mono-weapon flying classes are too similar to Paladin already.

On that note, how do Bow, Tome, Dagger and Body Art classes work is also up in the air

Slightly unrelated, but do we have confirmation that Weapon Rank Bonuses will be returning? Like how in Fates, having a C rank in swords gave you +1 attack, and having an A rank would give you +3 attack.

If that’s the case, it might give a small bonus to characters with a natural proficiency in certain weapon types.

44 minutes ago, Azz said:

Also will wyvern emblem be making a return from TH?

Prolly not (nerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerfnerf).

17 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I really just don't understand why IS has a hate boner for lance infantry.

I could ask the same of axe infantry - many of the good foot axes are good in spite of their class, not because of it. Because of this, I don't exactly have high hopes for this game's axefighters, especially after Fates.

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I could ask the same of axe infantry - many of the good foot axes are good in spite of their class, not because of it

Well, I would say that this is essentially another cavalry game on account that we've seen two or three promoted classes for axe infantry,sword users have Swordsmaster and Hero, and lance-wielders get Sentinel (assuming that this isn't exclusive to an certain noble) and General. 

14 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

This is kind of weird, considering how this is the backbone of Napoleonic warfare

13 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I could ask the same of axe infantry - many of the good foot axes are good in spite of their class, not because of it. Because of this, I don't exactly have high hopes for this game's axefighters, especially after Fates.

At least Fire Emblems consistently HAVE axe infantry. Lance infantry get the finger in a supermajority of titles. And in most games, even when they have the decency to add playable soldiers, they promote into armor knights or some shit.

27 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, I guess because there's Cavalier, Knight, Pegasus Knight... already, so they don't want to bother with another lance class? (not that I agree with them, just stating a fact) Axe really is the most underrepresented weapon type here, with only often enemy-only Bandit and Fighter.

12 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Well, I guess because there's Cavalier, Knight, Pegasus Knight... already, so they don't want to bother with another lance class? (not that I agree with them, just stating a fact) Axe really is the most underrepresented weapon type here, with only often enemy-only Bandit and Fighter.

Axe can be and has been represented on armor classes, wyverns, and great knights. It has the full spectrum. What I'm saying is that no class that could be considered "core" (non-regional flavor dependent) gets cut as frequently as the soldier line.

25 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Axe can be and has been represented on armor classes, wyverns, and great knights. It has the full spectrum. What I'm saying is that no class that could be considered "core" (non-regional flavor dependent) gets cut as frequently as the soldier line.

Remember that axe only become a mainstay on wyverns since Radiant Dawn, and Armor gets associated with axe only in 3H. Great Knight is more of a all weapons variety. 

While Soldier appear in, well, nearly every games, they are almost never playable. They are neither a core (playable) class nor being cut from most games

Edited by kienquocsi

Hi y'all, I'm trying to stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers, but can someone please tell me if they revealed how the supports work in this game? One of the things I'm most curious about. Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Hi y'all, I'm trying to stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers, but can someone please tell me if they revealed how the supports work in this game? One of the things I'm most curious about. Thanks! 

Nothing has been revealed thus far however it seems they only go from C-A and not everyone has supports with everyone (bar Alear who probably supports everyone) as we have seen that Chloé does not support Diamant nor Alcryst. That's all we really know.