Fire Emblem Factions that can beat Earth's modern militaries

Nozomi Kasaki

Basically, which of the factions of the Fire Emblem series can demolish, or at least beat modern militaries in a war.

Although Fire Emblem factions are shown to be using medieval weaponry, surely magic would help them stand a chance against the technological might of Earth's militaries.

The goal isn't necessarily to conquer or destroy modern nations. The only condition that is absolutely necessary is to force the modern nations and their militaries to surrender.

Can any of the Fire Emblem factions in all Fire Emblem games do this?

Edited by Nozomi Kasaki

7 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Nah, Cord will bring out the Hammer. It deals effective damage!

😁

Now that think about I think about it,  since the Japanese under Hirohito were such a tenacious enemy that woulda fought to the last baby if they could, I wonder how one of their platoons woulda reacted to the sight of a pack of wyvern lords. Lol

15 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

😁

Now that think about I think about it,  since the Japanese under Hirohito were such a tenacious enemy that woulda fought to the last baby if they could, I wonder how one of their platoons woulda reacted to the sight of a pack of wyvern lords. Lol

I mean you kinda can, it's an anime named Gate.

We have the ability to decimate cities on the other side of the world with intercontinental ballistic missiles...so none of them. None of them could stand up to a modern army. Hell Three Houses in one of its most bizarre, stupid and pointless plot points goes out of its way to demonstrate this with its nukes. The characters are, in universe, absolutely powerless to fight against something like that. They only succeed due to a (theorized) massive cool down effect, a single safe zone and the Agarthans idiocy in using their unstoppable super weapon. Maybe Grima and Ashera could stand up to modern armies if their immunity to all forms of damage resist sniper rounds and nerve gas but nothing short of the highest tier gods are making a dent.

Edited by Jotari

In a direct conflict, not even close. Even if the earth military were restricted to weapons and armour from 1022, we'd still win just by virtue of logistics, communications, and manpower. Magic is all well and good, but we see that I highly trained combat mage is about as effective as a highly trained archer. Given the choice between the ability to lob a few fireballs or the ability to use radios and railways, no competent general is choosing the fireballs.

In an indirect conflict, maybe? For instance, what happens if you take Lehran's Medallion and give it to some high ranking military or political leader? It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that leading to a civil war that could take down the country in question. It'd still be a bit of a long shot, but a better chance than a direct open conflict. I can also imagine that a very talented spy with a berserk staff could do a whole lot of damage. Manage to infiltrate -- let's say -- a meeting of the leaders of the UN Security Council, and before you know it, Liz Truss is trying to gouge out the eyes of Xi Jinping and it's anyone's guess what happens from there.

i dunno, we're going up against one-man armies, kids than can turn back time, actual dragons, perhaps even multiple gods that can exist outside of the realm of reality, one of which can only die to one weapon wielded by one character in the entire Fire Emblem series, and the general response is, "yeah, we can nuke 'em, gg ez."

But in all seriousness, if gods are included as a potential Fire Emblem faction, there's literally no way someone like Ashera would lose, not unless the nukes were blessed by Yune.

Most would lose because their weapons break after 20-30 uses.

6 hours ago, lenticular said:

In an indirect conflict, maybe? For instance, what happens if you take Lehran's Medallion and give it to some high ranking military or political leader? It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that leading to a civil war that could take down the country in question.

Gets shot down by whatever armed guards are nearby, even if it would admittedly probably take more than one bullet. The medallion makes one act like berserk'ed if admittedly while on steroids or something. They won't be like suddenly shouting orders or staging a coup. I think even Ashnard only had enough sense of control to only aim towards the player party instead of attacking anyone in sight. To onlookers, he was handed an object that sent him mad. Not exactly a hard concept to believe when stuff like Anthrax Letters are a thing. Unless it can be retrieved, the medallion is now theirs.

So the berserk'ed person is restrained or killed, gets replaced, and the medallion is sent to a lab or something to be studied... while carefully avoid touching it directly.

I can also imagine that a very talented spy with a berserk staff could do a whole lot of damage. Manage to infiltrate -- let's say -- a meeting of the leaders of the UN Security Council, and before you know it, Liz Truss is trying to gouge out the eyes of Xi Jinping and it's anyone's guess what happens from there.

Again, just get restrained or shot, with bullets or tranquilizers. Unless this was like out of nowhere, they'd now know better than to meet face to face.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gets shot down by whatever armed guards are nearby, even if it would admittedly probably take more than one bullet. The medallion makes one act like berserk'ed if admittedly while on steroids or something. They won't be like suddenly shouting orders or staging a coup. I think even Ashnard only had enough sense of control to only aim towards the player party instead of attacking anyone in sight. To onlookers, he was handed an object that sent him mad. Not exactly a hard concept to believe when stuff like Anthrax Letters are a thing. Unless it can be retrieved, the medallion is now theirs.

So the berserk'ed person is restrained or killed, gets replaced, and the medallion is sent to a lab or something to be studied... while carefully avoid touching it directly.

Again, just get restrained or shot, with bullets or tranquilizers. Unless this was like out of nowhere, they'd now know better than to meet face to face.

Liz Truss succeeding would never be the question (obviously Xi would destroy her in a fight), it's the political fall out of such an event, especially if it happens on live tv.

Just now, Jotari said:

Liz Truss succeeding would never be the question (obviously Xi would destroy her in a fight), it's the political fall out of such an event, especially if it happens on live tv.

Unless we go into debates over how the visibility of magic, there'd be obvious light show effects, indicating something was up.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Unless we go into debates over how the visibility of magic, there'd be obvious light show effects, indicating something was up.

So? Even if it's completely obviously a set up, you don't think China wouldn't be pissed and do everything they can to leverage the incident on the international stage?

Just now, Jotari said:

So? Even if it's completely obviously a set up, you don't think China wouldn't be pissed and do everything they can to leverage the incident on the international stage?

Again, it depends if they know there's outside-Earth elements at work.

Also, if it was just the one guy, it brings up reasons to be suspicious. This is how Stanislav Petrov didn't took the false alarm warning seriously, because it was ridiculous the US would just launch one missile if they were actually doing a nuclear first strike.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Again, it depends if they know there's outside-Earth elements at work.

Also, if it was just the one guy, it brings up reasons to be suspicious. This is how Stanislav Petrov didn't took the false alarm warning seriously, because it was ridiculous the US would just launch one missile if they were actually doing a nuclear first strike.

Magic doesn't even need to be a factor. How do you think they'd react if Lizz Truss snorted a bunch of cocaine and attached a the president of China in a drug fueled haze. It's not the magic that's the issue, it's a world leader being personally attacked. That's a pretty serious thing.

12 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Magic doesn't even need to be a factor. How do you think they'd react if Lizz Truss snorted a bunch of cocaine and attached a the president of China in a drug fueled haze. It's not the magic that's the issue, it's a world leader being personally attacked. That's a pretty serious thing.

How it happens is important. If it truly comes out of nowhere, even the attacked party would find it suspicious. They will still react for the sake of appearances, but as it is, investigations would be launched, the person would be restrained if not killed and be put under constant watch, as whatever people, places, and items were near them for the past X hours also gets under investigation. If it was recorded, every security footage would get analyzed. A perimeter would be issued, etc.

Simply put, cooler heads would prevail. The public may panic as they wouldn't know as much, but give humanity more credit at least. If hell broke loose for less, we wouldn't be here alive to begin with.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How it happens is important. If it truly comes out of nowhere, even the attacked party would find it suspicious. They will still react for the sake of appearances, but as it is, investigations would be launched, the person would be restrained if not killed and be put under constant watch, as whatever people, places, and items were near them for the past X hours also gets under investigation. If it was recorded, every security footage would get analyzed. A perimeter would be issued, etc.

Simply put, cooler heads would prevail. The public may panic as they wouldn't know as much, but give humanity more credit at least. If hell broke loose for less, we wouldn't be here alive to begin with.

I'm not even talking about the public. I'm not even talking about genuine outrage. I'm talking about politics. Politics is a game, and politicans use every single thing they can to their advantage. An unprovoked random attack on their leader, yes, they're going to use that to try and sway and strong arm and demand reperations.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

I'm not even talking about the public. I'm not even talking about genuine outrage. I'm talking about politics. Politics is a game, and politicans use every single thing they can to their advantage. An unprovoked random attack on their leader, yes, they're going to use that to try and sway and strong arm and demand reperations.

My answer remains the same. There'd be theatrics to placate the masses, but behind the scenes the gears will be at work to find out just what exactly went on.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My answer remains the same. There'd be theatrics to placate the masses, but behind the scenes the gears will be at work to find out just what exactly went on.

Like, again, I'm not even talking about the masses. I'm talking about the politicians. And sure, they're going to find out what's going on, but once they do that largely doesn't matter, as it'll be fake news trying to spin things in the best or worst possible light regardless of the truth.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I did say that I thought it would be a long shot. But I think it would be a much better bet than trying to send Falcon Knights against F-35s and expecting success.

If not defeat, Marth and Leif's armies should at least be able to cripple most armies with a slew of Warp decapitation strikes. Our armchair generals will likely be much softer targets than the gate or throne bosses they had to deal with; a few might put up a fight but I imagine the FE world soldiers are stronger man-to-man.

Edited by X-Naut

1 hour ago, X-Naut said:

If not defeat, Marth and Leif's armies should at least be able to cripple most armies with a slew of Warp decapitation strikes. Our armchair generals will likely be much softer targets than the gate or throne bosses they had to deal with; a few might put up a fight but I imagine the FE world soldiers are stronger man-to-man.

Warp isn't infinite in capactiy...eh, unless your the villains. What I mean is, Marth wasn't able to just warp a soldier from the Teeth and kill Jiol as soon as he had access to a single stave. You need to be in range of at least a few dozen kilometers (possibly a few hundred, I guess the best way of finding out would be to take Genealogy's warp range and divide it by the total size of Jugdral acquired by calculating travel times).

Although I guess Marth has Gotoh in his army and Gotoh was able to transport (presumably) thousands of people across the entire continent. That's pretty damn powerful.

Edited by Jotari

On 10/3/2022 at 2:18 AM, lenticular said:

I can also imagine that a very talented spy with a berserk staff could do a whole lot of damage. Manage to infiltrate -- let's say -- a meeting of the leaders of the UN Security Council, and before you know it, Liz Truss is trying to gouge out the eyes of Xi Jinping and it's anyone's guess what happens from there.

But… is it really viable to send a spy to a place where they will stand out and be incompetent in using sufficiently advanced technology and stuff in order to blend in to the modern world?

On 10/3/2022 at 4:29 AM, indigoasis said:

But in all seriousness, if gods are included as a potential Fire Emblem faction, there's literally no way someone like Ashera would lose, not unless the nukes were blessed by Yune.

then Earth will resist by the will of uhh.. whoever you believe as god(s). or since this is the realm of fiction each nation will be backed by their gods... in that case even the earth could potentially blown up entirely due too many god exercising their power

and if someone were to say "but im an atheist! higher beings dont exist" then Yune ashera etc must be written off too

On 10/9/2022 at 7:18 PM, Nozomi Kasaki said:

But… is it really viable to send a spy to a place where they will stand out and be incompetent in using sufficiently advanced technology and stuff in order to blend in to the modern world?

they cant even goes past the security check (if its a meeting) since they dont understand metal detector and forced to hand over any stuff that can serve as catalyst for magic

Edited by joevar