Special Heroes - Wyvern Ninja

Fire Emblem Fan

Honestly forgot about the random seasonal ninjas. Well, it's an interesting take, having a wyvern rider theme. Glad Haar's free. Though I feel like Fjorm (at least)'s outfit is a bit tasteless in some ways, the cape is nice and I LOVE that she and Laegjarn 1. are working together after Fire and Ice and 2. have adorable masks modeled after Nifl and Muspell. Tempted to summon for them for those reasons alone.

Really happy for Cherche fans! This new brand of Brave weapons is interesting too, they're going for a defensive variant this time. I imagine a lot of armors would like the chance to be budget Ardens.

As for Laegjarn and Fjorm, I imagine they'll be a reference to Fire and Ice as @Mercakete said, and as someone who likes both of them (to varying degrees), I really like that they're getting an alt together. I was actually pretty excited to see them together... though unfortunately my bad day dampened that feeling severely xD It makes a ton of sense, just like Lysithea and Lute last year~

But it does suck that the guys miss out yet again. There's a chance we'll get an Arcane bow next month though, so that gives Heath some hope. (Though Dual Phase Braves that give a whopping +8 to Def/ Res may not be worth giving up for him or Haar.)

Edited by DefyingFates

9 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't mind the Camilla alt. Center of attention Camilla being unsuited for playing Ninja is a funny concept, and her little sisters already preceded her. 

Honestly, the pop-culture ninja is already a funny concept in itself. Historical ninja were used for espionage and reconnaissance. The entire point is that they aren't noticed even if they are seen, and wearing outfits that give them away as ninja kind of sort of defeats the purpose.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Tempest Trials seals are Spd/Def Catch and Chill Def/Res.

Coincidentally, Spd/Def Catch is the exact Sacred Seal that Spring Maria wants when used as a dual-phase unit (in case I needed more justification to disregard Cherche on this banner).

Camilla: Midnight Bloom looks gorgeous! Anyways, her kit is pretty fun too as a Counter-Vantage unit, with her Weapon having Slaying, Meister, and Vantage.

Cherche: Shaded by Wings is alright. Her Weapon got Meister, true damage, and flat damage reduction.

Laegjarn: Flame and Frost is pretty cool. She got Slaying, Meister, and a Blade-tome-like effect to Atk/Def/Res. She also got Galeforce as her Duo Skill, like Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo.

47 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Does anyone have their stats? Those were included in today's update too, right?

Here:

Spoiler

*Stats:** (HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res)

Cherche: 43|44+|20|44-|32
Camilla: 38-|43+|19|32|40+
Heath: 42|43+|23|40-|30 (Atk/Def Catch 3 at 4\*, Pulse Smoke 3 at 5\*)
Duo Laegjarn/Fjorm: 40-|44+|19|37|38-
Haar: 44|42+|24+|44+|28 (Atk/Def Form at 4\*, Atk/Def Oath at 5\*)

Edited by Diovani Bressan

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here:

Reveal hidden contents

*Stats:** (HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res)

Cherche: 43|44+|20|44-|32
Camilla: 38-|43+|19|32|40+
Heath: 42|43+|23|40-|30 (Atk/Def Catch 3 at 4\*, Pulse Smoke 3 at 5\*)
Duo Laegjarn/Fjorm: 40-|44+|19|37|38-
Haar: 44|42+|24+|44+|28 (Atk/Def Form at 4\*, Atk/Def Oath at 5\*)

Perfect, thank you very much!

Given how obsessed people are with speed creep, it's kinda funny and a nice change of pace to see a banner dedicated to the exact opposite of that.

Though I expect people to stack Spd on these units anyway, or give the inheritable weapons to speed demons like Mareeta.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Given how obsessed people are with speed creep, it's kinda funny and a nice change of pace to see a banner dedicated to the exact opposite of that.

Well, at the other end of the spectrum, for players like me, these units are not slow enough. Or to put it another way, these units have extra points in Spd that could have gone elsewhere that is more productive, such as Atk.

Camilla: Midnight Bloom, Cherche: Shaded by Wings, and Laegjarn: Flame and Frost could dump Spd to 13, and reassign those points to Atk (and/or Def for Cherche: Shaded by Wings). Res is not bad either to help them break Dragon Wall.

And for the dudes, it is even worse. Not only do they not stand out without exclusive Weapons, they have even higher Spd than the girls, so they have even more wasted points. While you can turn them into Spd demons, it is not really practical outside of Aether Raids and maybe Arena without the stat boosts. Against natural high Spd units, they will die.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Well, at the other end of the spectrum, for players like me, these units are not slow enough.

Well yeah, that's unfortunately true. I'm surprised even the girls didn't get super low Spds to be honest. At least the guys could be used for some meme builds?

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Well yeah, that's unfortunately true. I'm surprised even the girls didn't get super low Spds to be honest. At least the guys could be used for some meme builds?

You can always give them more Spd for fun or to counter specific match ups. It will be fine in PvE, but it is going to have issues in PvP since modern fast units got lots of access to damage reduction effects to significantly blunt the impact of slow Brave Weapon users.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Here:

It's good when there are no surprises. Everything looks basically as expected.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Though I expect people to stack Spd on these units anyway, or give the inheritable weapons to speed demons like Mareeta.

It's quite a waste to do so since all of them get -8 Spd from their weapons.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Well, at the other end of the spectrum, for players like me, these units are not slow enough. Or to put it another way, these units have extra points in Spd that could have gone elsewhere that is more productive, such as Atk.

I mean, if you were in charge of stat spreads, you'd also be giving every unit ~30 HP to pump their Atk stats into the 60+ range.

For the sake of having units that are actually reasonable to play against and for the sake of actually having some diversity so that units aren't just interchangeable clones of each other, it's better for units to not be min-maxed as much as possible. We already get enough complaints every time they release yet another fast lance flier with no exclusive weapon.

On 11/5/2022 at 11:36 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Wyvern Katana is "竜忍の剣" (ryūnin no ken), "Dragon-Ninja Sword". The Japanese name of the weapon uses "剣" (ken), "(usually double-edged) sword", instead of "刀" (katana), "(usually single-edged) sword", and notably, the sword is neither a double-edged sword (though the Japanese word isn't strict in that sense) nor a katana (unless you use a very broad definition of the English word).

Added Haar's weapon to the translation notes now that I have its English name.

It's nice to see more art by Kita Senri.

21 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's quite a waste to do so since all of them get -8 Spd from their weapons.

That definitely hasn’t stopped people from doing ill advised speed stacking before.

And I mean, they don’t have to use their default weapons. At minimum, I expect to see a +Spd Ninja Haar with like Ninja Katana+.

Edit: I was a moron and thought Ninja Haar was an axe flier like his base version.

Edited by Tybrosion

Good news: Laegjarn showed up in ~80 Orbs.

Bad news: Cherche took a further ~250 Orbs to show up. WHY, GREEN IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE EASIEST COLOR TO PULL ON, CHERCHE! WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK?!

So yeah, feeling a lot of buyer's remorse with the latter. I hope she's worth it!

I'm aiming for 1 copy of each unit other than Laegjarn and a +10 Laegjarn on this banner. As of reaching the spark, I have 2 copies of Laegjarn (including the spark) and 2 copies of Heath. But, since I have fewer than 10 open spots in my barracks right now, it's a pain in the ass to keep pulling, so I'll stop here for now and hope to find some time in the next few days to clean my barracks some more so that I can keep pulling without having to be interrupted every dozen pulls.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

WHY, GREEN IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE EASIEST COLOR TO PULL ON, CHERCHE! WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK?!

Because you need to pull ~50,000 times (~220,000 orbs) before the increased summon chance dominates over random noise. If you're pulling less than that (and everyone is because that's enough pulls to merge ~170 +10's), pulling her at a rate higher than the average across all colors is more attributable to luck than to the boost in summon chance.

EDIT: For context of how big that number is, my career total pulls only recently broke 65,000.

Edited by Ice Dragon

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm aiming for 1 copy of each unit other than Laegjarn and a +10 Laegjarn on this banner. As of reaching the spark, I have 2 copies of Laegjarn (including the spark) and 2 copies of Heath. But, since I have fewer than 10 open spots in my barracks right now, it's a pain in the ass to keep pulling, so I'll stop here for now and hope to find some time in the next few days to clean my barracks some more so that I can keep pulling without having to be interrupted every dozen pulls.

Because you need to pull ~50,000 times (~220,000 orbs) before the increased summon chance dominates over random noise. If you're pulling less than that (and everyone is because that's enough pulls to merge ~170 +10's), pulling her at a rate higher than the average across all colors is more attributable to luck than to the boost in summon chance.

EDIT: For context of how big that number is, my career total pulls only recently broke 65,000.

I see, thank you for the information! And that +10 Laegjarn is a really huge undertaking on your part too, best of luck with that!

On 11/5/2022 at 11:36 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Ganglot's epithet, "Death Anew", is "新たな死神" (arata na shinigami), "New God of Death". "死神" (shinigami), literally "god of death", can also be translated as "Grim Reaper".

Arcane Downfall is "魔器・絶死ヘル" (maki: zesshi heru), "Arcane Weapon: Unparalleled Death, Hel". Interestingly, this weapon follows the same naming pattern as the other "Ascended champion" weapons, just with "Arcane Weapon" tacked on in front. Compare with Nifl's Bite, "絶氷ニフル" (zehhyō nifuru, "Unparalleled Ice, Nifl"), Flame of Muspell, "絶炎ムスペル" (zetsuen musuperu, "Unparalleled Flame, Muspell"), and Ymir, Everliving, "永生ユーミル" (eisei yūmiru, "Eternal Life, Ymir"), which are all a title attached to the name of god and nation/realm. I'm not saying Ganglot is going to be both a Rearmed and Ascended Hero at the same time, but it's not impossible.

I've added Ganglot's epithet and weapon to the translation notes.

Interestingly, Arcane Downfall's name in Japanese has elements matching both Arcane weapons and the naming scheme of the weapons of the existing Heroes-original-character Ascended Heroes.

At the same time, since she's Hel's successor, it's possible she'll get all the things by also being the one with Hel's "Domain" skill (being the first non-dragon to do so), presumably "Domain of Death" ("絶死結界", zesshi kekkai, "Domain of Unparalleled Death"), given that the weapon name and skill name have so far all matched. I'm expecting it to at least grant the in-combat half of Fatal Smoke. Perhaps it will also nullify Miracle-like effects?

Maybe they can make it absolutely broken by making out-of-combat damage capable of killing and have Ophelia delete an entire team without even entering combat.

Now that I look at it, "Unparalleled Death" is a bit awkward. Perhaps I should translate it as "Peerless Death" or "Absolute Death" instead?

Edited by Ice Dragon

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the same time, since she's Hel's successor, it's possible she'll get all the things by also being the one with Hel's "Domain" skill (being the first non-dragon to do so), presumably "Domain of Death" ("絶死結界", zesshi kekkai, "Domain of Unparalleled Death"), given that the weapon name and skill name have so far all matched. I'm expecting it to at least grant the in-combat half of Fatal Smoke. Perhaps it will also nullify Miracle-like effects?

Well, she's a different unit type to Hel and a woman so I assume she'll get a Prf skill like Grima and unlike Lif. Wouldn't that last part make her a direct counter to her boss though?

27 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Well, she's a different unit type to Hel and a woman so I assume she'll get a Prf skill like Grima and unlike Lif.

Given that Inevitable Death is one of the exclusive skills that is a quote, being "死から逃れられぬ" (shi kara nogarerarenu), "You cannot escape Death", in Japanese, it was already extremely unlikely that Ganglot will simply get Hel's exclusive skill.

And since all of the other Tempest Trials gods got "Domain" skills, it makes sense for Ganglot to get one since Hel herself is presumably not coming back.

27 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Wouldn't that last part make her a direct counter to her boss though?

She has that skill effect because she was taking it from Eir, and both Eir and Ymir have Miracle effects.