32 playable characters confirmed, & maybe more? (Leaks mentioned)

martystarboy

Lumera Emblem sounds like a great idea.

If they are hiding the playable status of already known characters, Morion would definitely be my favorite addition. He's such a badass. And hot. And has better beard than Vander-daddy. Don't hate me.

Aside from him, more random common folk would be appreciated. Isn't there a Talk on map recruitment again? Maybe there's a bunch of missable villagers we can draft into our ranks.

011-drama1.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Safy said:

Lumera Emblem sounds like a great idea.

If they are hiding the playable status of already known characters, Morion would definitely be my favorite addition. He's such a badass. And hot. And has better beard than Vander-daddy. Don't hate me.

Aside from him, more random common folk would be appreciated. Isn't there a Talk on map recruitment again? Maybe there's a bunch of missable villagers we can draft into our ranks.

011-drama1.jpg

I find funny how I originally thought this guy was a villain until I saw Hyacinth fighting him.

Hopefully some of the older guys are playable, as far as I remember, Fates only publically revealed the Royals + Retainers as being playable before release... right?

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I think we'll see a few more playable characters, if only because most FE games like to have duplicates for classes/options, even if it only shows as the difference between pre-promotes and regular units.* Even Fates made sure that nearly every playable class had at least two units in total.** We haven't seen another Peg Knight or Wyvern Rider, which is weird to me and is something we haven't really seen since Three Houses.***   Units like that make me think that there are more playable characters. 

Good point. I'm almost 80% sure peg knights are gender-locked again, but I'd love to be proven wrong with a male peg knight character. I guess theoretically we could get another Wolf Knight, too, though the two thieves could very well reclass into that as a branch promotion.

4 hours ago, Azz said:

In regards to bold, I'm pretty sure that was the DLC trailer where it looks like an emblem was hidden. Along side that we've seen multiple shots of Alear specifically having an emblem gauge with no actual emblem inside it hinting at the idea they may be able to transform themself into their dragon form after a certain point in the story (am presuming after they promote which will hopefully be story based). I'm personally thinking Lumera may be this hidden emblem since in reality, she is one of the heroes who fought 1000 years ago, befitting of an emblem (also, her sprite is a lot like the emblem sprites in that she has no weapon equipped. Sombron also has this, possible dark emblem after beating the game???)

Lumera as an emblem is a great idea. I also assumed the hidden 13th ring would be an Engage OC, but in a much more convoluted way. Like in an Alear is actually two people after somehow fusing with an emblem in the past, and then they unfuse sort of way. I'd much prefer Lumera ring lol. She's really cool and it would be disappointing if we don't get to see much of her (her dragon form is on the boxart, after all).

Whoever thought of that Lumera Emblem idea is a genius. That just feels right and explains why they went as far as putting her on maps. Also apparent sprite inconsistencies. 

I highly doubt this will be all of our playable cast members. I don't buy the "Jan is Merrin's dog" theory with the name seemingly implying a person in the original language. And the fact that it's only been playable units in the "interested in" part throughout the multiple language trailers.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they've only showed the basic retainers, cutscene characters, and auto joinables. It feels like they're saving some surprises and the less marketable characters for later.

8 hours ago, Safy said:

And has better beard than Vander-daddy. Don't hate me

Them's fighting words. We duel at nidnight.

...honestly tho, yeah, Morion looks great. 99% chance he gets dad'd, but a man can dream.

8 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Literally everyone has a better beard than Vandad. It looks like it should come with a pair of disguise glasses and a plastic nose.

Two duels at midnight.

I mean, I honestly do like his sort of long stache + chin beard combo. But then, I also find myself liking Alear's hair, so what so I know haha.

I'm just happy they remembered what beards look like after 10 years of Hanneman being the only playable person with decent facial hair in FE.

8 hours ago, Troykv said:

I find funny how I originally thought this guy was a villain until I saw Hyacinth fighting him.

I think everyone did. Those shots of him in the first trailer were very villain-like.

1 hour ago, Seazas said:

Whoever thought of that Lumera Emblem idea is a genius. That just feels right and explains why they went as far as putting her on maps. Also apparent sprite inconsistencies. 

I think multiple people have come up with it at the same time, actually. As you said, it just feels right. Of all the hopes and dreams being expressed here, I really think this has the highest chance of turning out to be true.

I highly doubt this will be all of our playable cast members. I don't buy the "Jan is Merrin's dog" theory with the name seemingly implying a person in the original language. And the fact that it's only been playable units in the "interested in" part throughout the multiple language trailers.

Oh, it's implied to be a person in Japanese? I didn't know that. Interesting...

I don't think it's a coincidence that they've only showed the basic retainers, cutscene characters, and auto joinables. It feels like they're saving some surprises and the less marketable characters for later.

Yeah, I feel the same. They've probably showed all the random joes, but I suspect more plot-critical playables are yet to come.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Them's fighting words. We duel at nidnight.

...honestly tho, yeah, Morion looks great. 99% chance he gets dad'd, but a man can dream.

There's always the Eliwood/Hayden exception...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I want to go further. I want the playable dad exception. Of which there's... no example in any mainline FE lol

I mean, there's playable dads, but you rarely see the kids. Tauro 'She took the kids, Ike' Neo from PoR/RD and Alois ' Offscreen family' Rangeld jump to mind. Chrom, by the Valm Arc is technically also a dad, but the big exception is the man himself, Garcia in FE8- playable, his son is also playable, and he's not suuuuper old, but he's getting up there(or just has good genetics). Possibly Finn too, Nanna's whole situation seems kinda ambiguous. 

2 minutes ago, BravuraLevi said:

I mean, there's playable dads, but you rarely see the kids. Tauro 'She took the kids, Ike' Neo from PoR/RD and Alois ' Offscreen family' Rangeld jump to mind. Chrom, by the Valm Arc is technically also a dad, but the big exception is the man himself, Garcia in FE8- playable, his son is also playable, and he's not suuuuper old, but he's getting up there(or just has good genetics). Possibly Finn too, Nanna's whole situation seems kinda ambiguous. 

There's Bartre and Fir, too. But none of those are parents of main characters, who are all, without exception, never playable.

Just now, Mysterique Sign said:

There's also FE 6 Bartre with Fir

Oops ninja'd

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's Bartre and Fir, too. But none of those are parents of main characters, who are all, without exception, never playable.

I could be cheeky and say Sigurd, but I get what you mean now. From what I understand though, Nanna is sort of the Caeda to Leif's Marth(which should put her at a similar importance to Diamante in Engage), so if Finn really is her dad, he could sorta count since he's still around. Granted, that was like 20 years ago at this point...

I love the duality of reactions to Vander`s beard. One side: Oh, thank f**k! Finally, a decent beard in FE! The other: that plastic beard looks fake as s**t.

Concur with more common folks, no more retainers please.

19 hours ago, Azz said:

Also big agree at the kings/queens of the nations being playable would be cool. Morion is hot looks like he'd be really cool to play with and I'd love to see his dynamic with his sons, with Diamant being the very stereotypical crown prince and Alcryst, well being Alcryst. I would love to see Hyacinth's relationship with his daughters, especially since they are supposed to be from the evil nation. As for the queens, we needs more older women playable and also more POC rep which Sfoglia would provide cause Solm for some reason doesn't have any POC outside of their royals for some reason???

Me three, the rulers being playable would be awesome. The potential interactions would be great to see, older playable units would be great, I see it as a win-win scenario. If not during the main story, at least as bonus units in Tempest Trails-like mode or in New Game+. Would prefer during the main story, but would also wanna avoid a Trails/Kiseki problem of "Oh, they weren`t really evil/dead and all bad deeds they have done are instantly forgiven" type of deal.

Heck, for extra awkwardness, let Alear marry the surviving royals, just to say, "You are my child now" Please note that this part is one big joke.

59 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I love the duality of reactions to Vander`s beard. One side: Oh, thank f**k! Finally, a decent beard in FE! The other: that plastic beard looks fake as s**t.

I genuinely don't know where the first side is even coming from when this franchise gave us Sean Conner- I mean Duessel. We have a few good beards.

1 hour ago, Metal Flash said:

I'm in both side: That bread does look fake as f**k, but I have no standard and will eat up that s**t

I guess I'm just glad facial hair old man is back on the menu

2 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Heck, for extra awkwardness, let Alear marry the surviving royals, just to say, "You are my child now"

I support the Garon initiative.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I genuinely don't know where the first side is even coming from when this franchise gave us Sean Conner- I mean Duessel. We have a few good beards.

Yes, in the past. But ever since Awakening it's like they forgot what a beard is. The only man with half decent facial hair in the past 10 years was Hanneman, and he didn't have a proper full beard like Vandad does.

1 hour ago, kienquocsi said:

I'm in both side: That bread does look fake as f**k, but I have no standard and will eat up that s**t

I guess I'm just glad facial hair old man is back on the menu

Okay then I guess I'm the only one who likes it then

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Easy, from fans who never played FE games from before the 3Ds era

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I support the Garon initiative.

Hey, it could be the only way we get dads playable alongside their kids in FE.

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

hey I like his beard too!!

:Santhos::Santhos::Santhos:

Easy, from fans who never played FE games from before the 3Ds era

I've played every FE, I'm just happy they remembered after 10 years. I want more. I want FE to have Banner Saga-tiers of beard. If you're not familiar with B. Saga, there's exactly three male characters without beards. And one of them grows it later.

Hey, it could be the only way we get dads playable alongside their kids in FE.

I'll take anything as long as we get some dads and moms. Vandad is big dad, but he can't dad everyone on his own, he needs some dadding help.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll take anything as long as we get some dads and moms. Vandad is big dad, but he can't dad everyone on his own, he needs some dadding help.

Exactly, more playable parents in FE in general would be great. Don`t even need to be romanceable, just alive and playable.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That looks more that Allies is an achievement classification, and I doubt each character is tied down just the one.

It's only 40 achievements there though and there's already a separate tab of combat achievements for any character usage in battle. It only makes sense that every playable character has a singular basic achievement for a support as they're interchangeable in support and menu stuff.