Event Calendar (Dec 2022 - Jan 2023)

Othin

49 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, I fear the potential of there being special rules that reduce the value of the banner for people not specifically interested in the Engage characters as characters. The Fates banner wouldn't be the template though, as it still was being carried by two special unit types to sell it, even if I personally would prefer an Ascended unit over a Mythic.

Why would they reduce the value?

I'm not sure mythics even qualify as special anymore.

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

Why would they reduce the value?

The value in terms of power (potentially in the form of fodder), I should say. Yeah, value is of course highly subjective, but plain New Heroes don't really do anything for me anymore. Obviously plenty of players here place more value in obtaining a new character, or a personal favourite, regardless of kit. I am also making the assumption that the primary motivation of IS adding the new types to New Heroes banners is to bump up presumably flagging sales, though in that context perhaps it's a surprise they haven't done much about the many recent legendary banners which have bombed.

Resplendents get the free extra boon and the Florete, Rearmed heroes have unique benefits, and Mythics (and Legendaries) besides their inherent properties also uniquely receive remixes to keep their base kits up to date. All of these hero types also tend to receive full kits, unlike random New Heroes who frequently get screwed over by missing one of their skill slots for no apparent reason (Caeldori for example has no premium assist, special, or B-slot).

Edited by Humanoid

11 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

And some of us looked forward to actually having more New Heroes banners instead of 50% of the year's newly released units being seasonal-locked.

Your point?

My point is that IS is giving people who like seasonal heroes seasonal heroes and people who like regular heroes regular heroes. Don't wish for the elimination of something someone else wants just because you don't get yet more of what you want. That's really self-centered. Learn to compromise. It would be a different story, though, if you were the holder of the intellectual property rights of FEH. Then you could do whatever you wanted with it and no one would have a right to complain. Kind of like how IS holds those rights and so no one has a right to complain about what they do with it.

Or, at the very least, keep your grumbling to yourself. There's no reason to be toxic when someone politely points out that they actually enjoy the thing you're complaining about.

Edited by Mercakete

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

My point is that IS is giving people who like seasonal heroes seasonal heroes and people who like regular heroes regular heroes. Don't wish for the elimination of something someone else wants just because you don't get yet more of what you want. That's really self-centered. Learn to compromise. It would be a different story, though, if you were the holder of the intellectual property rights of FEH. Then you could do whatever you wanted with it and no one would have a right to complain. Kind of like how IS holds those rights and so no one has a right to complain about what they do with it.

Or, at the very least, keep your grumbling to yourself. There's no reason to be toxic when someone politely points out that they actually enjoy the thing you're complaining about.

Sounds like you're the one who's too selfish to let just one month in a year go back to having two regular heroes, if you ask me. Would it really be a fucking tragedy for CYL to go back to being a special paralogue like it was prior to CYL4, with all the tickets and sparks it still has right now, and having the second banner in August be a regular New Heroes banner with actual New Heroes? That's what they used to do. In a certain sense, people who wait for actual new characters in the game HAVE been compromising. We've been compromising with getting less New Heroes banners, then just less New Heroes in general. What are you, as someone who looks forward to seasonal units, actually giving up?

The definition of compromise is for both sides to give up something to get what they want. Well, I've seen the number of New Heroes banners go down over the years without ever really going back up, and the number of seasonal banners eventually taking over to half the year, while the number of actual New Heroes is still sharing a spot with Fallen Heroes and CYL, which are technically alts and not new. What have you given up?

Also, it's pretty rich for you to lecture to me about "not being the intellectual holder" of FEH, since you're not either. Well then, I guess you can forever stop complaining about wanting more male units then!

I am on a public forum, and there is no rule that prevents me from voicing my opinion as long as I am not attacking or insulting anyone personally, which I have not. Other users here who may or may not agree with me have responded to me and we've had a civil discussion where we've had the chance to voice our thoughts. If a simple comment such as "would it kill them to make less seasonal banners" hurts your feelings so much that you feel the need to be so hostile, maybe the forum isn't the place for you? And maybe before you accuse others of being toxic, you should take a good long look at yourself in the mirror.

23 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Sounds like you're the one who's too selfish to let just one month in a year go back to having two regular heroes, if you ask me. Would it really be a fucking tragedy for CYL to go back to being a special paralogue like it was prior to CYL4, with all the tickets and sparks it still has right now, and having the second banner in August be a regular New Heroes banner with actual New Heroes? That's what they used to do. In a certain sense, people who wait for actual new characters in the game HAVE been compromising. We've been compromising with getting less New Heroes banners, then just less New Heroes in general. What are you, as someone who looks forward to seasonal units, actually giving up?

The definition of compromise is for both sides to give up something to get what they want. Well, I've seen the number of New Heroes banners go down over the years without ever really going back up, and the number of seasonal banners eventually taking over to half the year, while the number of actual New Heroes is still sharing a spot with Fallen Heroes and CYL, which are technically alts and not new. What have you given up?

Also, it's pretty rich for you to lecture to me about "not being the intellectual holder" of FEH, since you're not either. Well then, I guess you can forever stop complaining about wanting more male units then!

I am on a public forum, and there is no rule that prevents me from voicing my opinion as long as I am not attacking or insulting anyone personally, which I have not. Other users here who may or may not agree with me have responded to me and we've had a civil discussion where we've had the chance to voice our thoughts. If a simple comment such as "would it kill them to make less seasonal banners" hurts your feelings so much that you feel the need to be so hostile, maybe the forum isn't the place for you? And maybe before you accuse others of being toxic, you should take a good long look at yourself in the mirror.

Really? 😕 I'm not even the one calling for change here. How am I being selfish? Besides, just because they stop putting out seasonal banners doesn't mean they'll go back to outputting more heroes with designs from their base games. You're not even attacking the real problem as you see it. Even if they do put out more regular banners, they may do what they've done before and put other duplicates out, like Flying Olivia and Helpful Chrom instead of filling slots with units not in the game yet. And "let's totally ax 1 banner a month of seasonal units so that there are no seasonal units" is far more drastic than "let's keep both seasonal and non-seasonal to at least 1 a month." Equal ratios are fair and even.

Anyway, you asked me what my point was and I answered. That's the only reason I even replied.

If all you want to do is argue and aren't actually interested in hearing the other side, then I'll stop replying to you. I do wish that you would try to be more considerate instead of just whining though. Like, "I personally don't like the seasonal units, so I wish that they would put out more regular banners, but I get that other people enjoy seasonal units, so at least they're getting something." You still express your opinion that way, and you're being courteous to those with other opinions. No reason to throw a tantrum just because things aren't going the way you want them to, especially in such a public space. Get a friend to confide in over PM or something if you really want to get it off your chest in your full fury.

Oh, and about the male units thing, I do tend to tag on, "but I don't own the game and IS can do what they want." Just to be clear. Oh, also to be clear, I'm not being hostile at all. My tone is gentle, even if you're implying otherwise. Tone is implied over text, after all, so I don't blame you for misunderstanding that.

Edit: I think I know where the primary misunderstanding may be. See, I was never attacking you. I was trying to give some insight in order to help you. I may slip up sometimes myself, but there was a time where I was around a lot of toxic (I'm defining this as harsh, forcefully opinionated, judgmental, and/or complaining a lot) people and wound up acclimating to that environment unintentionally, becoming that way myself. At one point, I realized what I'd become, and I didn't like it. So, I consciously chose to stop voicing negative opinions so much, and instead start voicing positive ones. I didn't like tearing people down. I wanted to build them up. I wanted to create a space in which people could feel relaxed and accepted. That didn't mean I didn't give negative feedback or voice negative opinions, but it became important to me on how to word these. "Is this the appropriate place to say this? Who will see this? How will this affect them?" People are fragile, so we have to be careful with them. I don't mean that we should enable fragility, but there's a time and a place for confrontations on things like that. All I was doing with my initial comment was trying to nudge you with "when you complain so loudly about something someone enjoys where they can see it, it can make those people feel bad for enjoying that thing. Please be careful about other people's feelings. There's no reason to hurt them." Then you asked me what my point was. So, I tried to explain it, but maybe I didn't do a good job. Sorry about that; I try, but sometimes things just don't come out right.

Anyway, I hope that clarifies things a bit. I just want all of us to enjoy these things together, and to be honest but careful with each other, since everyone matters.

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Really? 😕 I'm not even the one calling for change here. How am I being selfish?

You heard it here first, folks. Calling for change is selfish! Guess we should go back to the days of no protection for minority groups, no advancements in technology, back to the days when women had no rights and kings had absolute power ... because calling for change is a SELFISH thing!

Besides, just because they stop putting out seasonal banners doesn't mean they'll go back to outputting more heroes with designs from their base games. You're not even attacking the real problem as you see it. Even if they do put out more regular banners, they may do what they've done before and put other duplicates out, like Flying Olivia and Helpful Chrom instead of filling slots with units not in the game yet. And "let's totally ax 1 banner a month of seasonal units so that there are no seasonal units" is far more drastic than "let's keep both seasonal and non-seasonal to at least 1 a month." Equal ratios are fair and even.

I've "attacked the real problem as I see it" in previous threads and discussions. I literally do not need to repeat it in every thread I post in like a broken record, because that will actually get on people's nerves. At this point I'm aware that regular banner that's added in the game will have some Ascended or Rearmed alt on it, no need to repeat that to me like I'm some idiot who doesn't understand how FEH in 2022 works. I'm willing to deal with that if it means we can get 2 or 3 actually NEW units in the game.

Also, your last two sentences show that you don't actually understand what the meaning of the word "compromise" means. It's one thing if this game started off with twelve seasonal banners and twelve regular banners and I wanted more. Instead, this game started off with eight seasonal banners. Then increased over time to take over half the year while non-seasonal decisions like making CYL a story chapter, having some banners have only three new units, adding main pool alts and Ascended and Rearmed alts, have made actual new heroes an even slower trickle.

To have a compromise, you have to actually give something up. Which in this case, you're saying that you don't want to because "half the year is fair lol". Which is why I called you selfish and said you don't know the meaning of compromise. Which it seems I'm still correct on, because what it comes off as you're saying is that you're too selfish to even consider giving up an August seasonal banner so CYL could be a paralogue again and we could get a banner with actual new heroes as the main story chapter. I'm not even asking to get rid of ALL the new seasonal banners that weren't in Y1, I'm just wondering why we can't go back to having CYL as a paralogue!

You can't refuse to give up anything and demand the other side compromise. That's not how it works.

If all you want to do is argue and aren't actually interested in hearing the other side, then I'll stop replying to you. I do wish that you would try to be more considerate instead of just whining though. Like, "I personally don't like the seasonal units, so I wish that they would put out more regular banners, but I get that other people enjoy seasonal units, so at least they're getting something." You still express your opinion that way, and you're being courteous to those with other opinions. No reason to throw a tantrum just because things aren't going the way you want them to, especially in such a public space. Get a friend to confide in over PM or something if you really want to get it off your chest in your full fury.

And I think you should shut your mouth instead of psychoanalyzing people you don't know over the Internet. Am I your friend? Do we regularly talk? Do I know you at all? No. You don't know what I do off the site, who I talk to, and what my state of mind with my life is. This is all pretentious lecturing from someone who thinks they know better than someone they don't like on the Internet.

Also, once again,  we are on a public forum. My original comments did not break ToS. I only even came back to this thread because you replied to me, I was perfectly content with just making that one post and not coming back here again because I had nothing constructive to add. What I'm getting here is that you're such a thin-skinned person who has no tolerance for people who feel differently than you do that you can't just let it go and either not respond or just put me on ignore if it bothers you so much. Like, seriously, who do you think you are telling me how to behave myself on the forums so you don't get offended? Other people responded to me as well and whether they agreed with me or not, we actually had a civil conversation where no one attacked anyone for what they thought. You are the only person who had such a big problem with my post that you made personal attacks on me. Yes, calling me selfish and toxic is indeed a personal attack. You are the one who said those words first, and at that point I have the right to respond to you with about as much courtesy as you'd shown me. Which wasn't much. You don't get to call for civility and tell other people to be civil when you threw the first match.

Oh, and about the male units thing, I do tend to tag on, "but I don't own the game and IS can do what they want." Just to be clear. Oh, also to be clear, I'm not being hostile at all. My tone is gentle, even if you're implying otherwise. Tone is implied over text, after all, so I don't blame you for misunderstanding that.

Uh, you don't get to decide how other people interpret your tone. Especially considering that if you actually knew me, you'd know that I don't actually take thing seriously even if I sound like I do. But hey, you called me toxic and are making all sorts of unfavorable assumptions about my tone and my person, so why should I extend any consideration to you?

Edit: I think I know where the primary misunderstanding may be. See, I was never attacking you. I was trying to give some insight in order to help you. I may slip up sometimes myself, but there was a time where I was around a lot of toxic (I'm defining this as harsh, forcefully opinionated, judgmental, and/or complaining a lot) people and wound up acclimating to that environment unintentionally, becoming that way myself. At one point, I realized what I'd become, and I didn't like it. So, I consciously chose to stop voicing negative opinions so much, and instead start voicing positive ones. I didn't like tearing people down. I wanted to build them up. I wanted to create a space in which people could feel relaxed and accepted. That didn't mean I didn't give negative feedback or voice negative opinions, but it became important to me on how to word these. "Is this the appropriate place to say this? Who will see this? How will this affect them?" People are fragile, so we have to be careful with them. I don't mean that we should enable fragility, but there's a time and a place for confrontations on things like that. All I was doing with my initial comment was trying to nudge you with "when you complain so loudly about something someone enjoys where they can see it, it can make those people feel bad for enjoying that thing. Please be careful about other people's feelings. There's no reason to hurt them." Then you asked me what my point was. So, I tried to explain it, but maybe I didn't do a good job. Sorry about that; I try, but sometimes things just don't come out right.

Anyway, I hope that clarifies things a bit. I just want all of us to enjoy these things together, and to be honest but careful with each other, since everyone matters.

I call bullshit. You do not call someone selfish and toxic if you do not mean to attack them. Also, it's funny how you say "people are fragile, so we have to be careful with them" when you called me selfish and toxic. So your feelings are fragile while you're free to lash out at anyone who offends you then? Don't think that's how the world works.

Maybe you should take your own advice. We are allowed to be negative on the forums as long as we're not being obnoxiously so. What I expressed in my initial post here was not obnoxiously negative. It was a single post that could've been ignored with a simple eye roll, which you chose not to. Mods know me well enough after the decade I've been here to know when I'm actually being obnoxiously negative. Like, I've said a lot of things on this subforum in which I could've understood if you blew up at me over, but this? Really, this is what does it? Something this stupid, ignorable, and minor? Really, that doesn't say a lot of good things.

So how about you stop lecturing me on my behavior, and as I said, take a LONG, HARD look at yourself in the mirror. You are presenting yourself as the kind of person who thinks that kindness is only one way. "Oh no, please stop complaining it's so toxic", while never looking at how the way you respond could be just as toxic, if not more. There are ways to tell people to stop complaining about something, and other people have asked me that in the past. You, on the other hand, decided to take a very bad approach to it, made personal attacks on me, and are now lecturing me like I'm one of my students. If you were actually intending to explain something, you clearly failed because you wanted to go into attack mode because you felt personally attacked.

If a stupid one-liner I said on the Internet is going to get you up in such a tizzy that you have to make all sorts of assumptions about my character and my mindset and my words, then maybe online forum interaction isn't for you. You don't get to dictate how everyone else acts.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

-snip-

Well, I tried to clarify myself with an open hand and assuming the best. Not going to bother reading an angry rant. Choosing to leave this on peaceful terms, I hope the rest of your day/night goes well.

I usually do this for the Discord Group I am in, so I decided to share it here as well.

4HimTXt.png

I prefer checking lists like this one instead of looking at the official calendar, since it can be confusing sometimes... especially during this time where the dates are off to me.

Edited by Diovani Bressan