New Preview Videos Dropping

Azz

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

it's very ASMR and the game recommends you wear headphone.

L-lewd warning by ninty i see xD

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

Sommie joins you in activities after you build your relationship up with him.

Sommie as a unit when

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

Lasts for entire battle unless you use antitoxen or staf

Another Thracia mechanic after Bld growths

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sommie as a unit when

Sommie as a unit would make the combined power of Seth, Titania and Sigurd seem like Wendy's base combat prowess. They needed to make him unplayable to keep the game from breaking.

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

TLDR for each section of the video;

Reveal hidden contents

The emblem rings are big mcguffins and important to story but the emblem characters themselves are rather unimportant and have no importance outside of their introductions, including Marth even. The Somniel is where you mainly interact with them. He feels Micaiah doesn't feel like she was written by someone who played RD

Normal, Hard and Maddening difficulties, Casual and Classic mode. Can decrease difficulty in game

You can't passively increase you engage meter once depleted, you need to actively charge it (combat, healing). Each action=1 section

Custom outfits for the Somniel only. Can't change Alear's hair except some F!Alear outfits have her hair in a ponytail

Growth method option seen in JPN tweets not available at start of game so he can't comment on it

Has played 3 chapters of maddening. Biggest change is enemies have new skills such as skills that negate break, effectiveness etc

Was incorrect about enemy AI prioritising getting into bushes being new, he thought it was

Dual audio available. Text is available in US English, Latin American Spanish, EU English, EU Spanish, French, Italian, German,  Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese (I CAN HAVE MY U BACK IN ARMOUR YES)

Stand out characters from the first 8 chapters are Yunaka and Louis. Great in writing and as units. Yunaka has a shady past and is a pathological liar but wants to turn her life around. Louis is really fun. He's kind of a weird dude who likes to people watch and likes to see people happy. Him and Yunaka have nice supports.

Can scan 5 amiibo a day.

Address the '10 second supports' allegation. Says that mainly sounds like the bond conversations with emblems. Actual supports are on par with the rest of the series in terms of length. Most similar to Awakening.

He talks about Jean for a bit. He didn't expect people would care about him. Is the villager archetype of the game. You are defending his village from corrupted. Joins the army to become a better medic (his father says he'll be a burden to Alear lol)

Talks about Somniel. We pretty much know everything so I skipped it. One thing he mentioned was that when allies wake you up, it's very ASMR and the game recommends you wear headphone. Sommie joins you in activities after you build your relationship up with him.

Characters don't have much unique dialogue in The Somniel. The mostly talk about where they are located in the Somniel and only a few characters talk about current story events.

Talks about poison and how it now makes it so you take more damage. Doesn't know exact numbers. Can stack three times. Lasts for entire battle unless you use antitoxen or staff.

No zoom in option for during battle. Default option is direct control of character, you have to swap to cursor option for moving character.

Red emblems are called Dark Emblems. Talks about him messing up with letting Hortensia kill Alfred with the Noble Rapier lol. It was his genuine first playthrough that he just happened to record so he was still learning the mechanics and new UI. Tutorial for enemy emblems says enemies can't actually engage with emblems so he presumed that Hortensia would only be able to use her tomes since the Noble Rapier is Lucina's engage weapon. 

Most bosses have revival stones. Basically extra HP bar. Makes it impossible to kill bosses in one round of combat. Show up from chapter 5.

Weapon triangle stuff. WT seems to only influence break and has no bearing on hit, avoid or damage.

No combat arts. Engage mechanics takes its place.

No mention of if men can fly but am gonna see if I can ask him again on twt and will hopefully get a response.

As I recall, when I asked him about this, the deal about class changing was on the cusp of Ch.8 (not to mention no second seals were available at that time) and thus was in a grey area of discussion; though I suppose framing the question as ‘could a master seal be used to promote to an advanced flier class as a male character’ and get a comparative screenshot for this purpose.

On the point of poison, he thinks that the in combat stats were lowered while under the effect of poison, but wasn’t sure how to check specifically.

2 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

As I recall, when I asked him about this, the deal about class changing was on the cusp of Ch.8 (not to mention no second seals were available at that time) and thus was in a grey area of discussion; though I suppose framing the question as ‘could a master seal be used to promote to an advanced flier class as a male character’ and get a comparative screenshot for this purpose.

On the point of poison, he thinks that the in combat stats were lowered while under the effect of poison, but wasn’t sure how to check specifically.

Even if second seals aren’t available at that time you should still be able to see the reclass menu and see if male units could be fliers and what that would require.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sommie as a unit would make the combined power of Seth, Titania and Sigurd seem like Wendy's base combat prowess. They needed to make him unplayable to keep the game from breaking.

Somnie is the unit you get once everyone else in your army dies. This way , you won't get softlocked :]

To quickly comment on the character thing : I wouldn't judge them based on a review that got until chapter 8. Especially if these characters only showed up for 3 characters and they only saw 1 or 2 support convos for each , it's far from enough. It's fine for a character to be a trope , the important part is how you use that trope to make them interesting ; interacting with the right character , giving them one or two side aspects that deepen their backstory , throwing a complete curveball at their entire character , and so on. 

The fact that poison seems to last forever on a map makes me worried that maddening will spam dagger users in the early game lol. But I suppose it also explains why thiefs don't have a promotion path to assassin , getting a crit bonus , lethality and the ability to set up kills/kill from a safe distance would make them pretty overwhelming. Especially with the high speed making them dodge tanks , and daggers only being beaten by combat arts ground units you can more easily stay out of range.

On the flipside , I genuinely hope they won't slap a "can't be statused" skill on bosses , because I have an hard time seeing how poison could be used effectively by the player otherwise. Unless if the comment on lowering a character stat while being poisoned is true , then thieves and wolf riders I think that's how they're called ??? would have a pretty important role to play in higher difficulties to make these bosses bearable.

45 minutes ago, Azz said:

No mention of if men can fly but am gonna see if I can ask him again on twt and will hopefully get a response.

Sword, Lance, and Axe fliers are confirmed to be female only. It seems Griffon Knight and Wyvern Knight can be accessed by anyone though.

Screenshot_20230112_084845.png

13 minutes ago, Popers1328 said:

Sword, Lance, and Axe fliers are confirmed to be female only. It seems Griffon Knight and Wyvern Knight can be accessed by anyone though.

Screenshot_20230112_084845.png

So this still really isn’t a yes or no. 

Considering Rosado is a Wyvern, I’m presuming you’ll just have to get whatever proficiencies I guess if you’re a dude. At least I’m hoping they wont lock non-Rosado dudes out of flying

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Considering Rosado is a Wyvern, I’m presuming you’ll just have to get whatever proficiencies I guess if you’re a dude. At least I’m hoping they wont lock non-Rosado dudes out of flying

A lot seems to think Rosado is an exception to the rule.

As far as I can tell, there isn't really much evidence to the idea that males cannot be Griffon or Wyvern Knights. I'm willing to bet that the main reason they even brought Griffon Knights back was so they could reskin Falcon Knights into them to make them gender-neutral. We know that males can't become basic fliers so they would have to reclass from an already advanced class. The only time we've seen the class change menu for a male character in an advanced class was for Vander on the class change twitter post and at the time he only had axe proficiency so he wouldn't have met the requirements to become a Griffon or Wyvern Knight.

I'm personally more interested to see what the actual prerequisites are for a male base class to be able to enter Wyvern / Griffin - if there is another non-flier base class, or it must be through second sealing.

Remember that the evidence exists in most of the Emblem introduction videos where there are male wyvern knights / griffin riders.

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

I'm personally more interested to see what the actual prerequisites are for a male base class to be able to enter Wyvern / Griffin - if there is another non-flier base class, or it must be through second sealing.

Remember that the evidence exists in most of the Emblem introduction videos where there are male wyvern knights / griffin riders.

image.png

Well this is unfortunate

3 hours ago, Azz said:

Thanks a lot for that, that's very useful!

Spoiler

The emblem rings are big mcguffins and important to story but the emblem characters themselves are rather unimportant and have no importance outside of their introductions, including Marth even. The Somniel is where you mainly interact with them. He feels Micaiah doesn't feel like she was written by someone who played RD

That's a bit sad actually, but not really surprising. I guess it's more a "FE Heroes" team who could be in charge of every interactions with Emblems, more than teams that actually worked on these past games.

Spoiler

He talks about Jean for a bit. He didn't expect people would care about him. Is the villager archetype of the game. You are defending his village from corrupted. Joins the army to become a better medic (his father says he'll be a burden to Alear lol)

Well, he's kind of correct, I don't care about him ahah. I just can't bear this kind of character.

Spoiler

Most bosses have revival stones. Basically extra HP bar. Makes it impossible to kill bosses in one round of combat. Show up from chapter 5.

So, from chapter 5, it will be more difficult to kill bosses. My question is when they use those revival stones, can they attack immediately or are they stun a bit?

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Normal, Hard and Maddening difficulties, Casual and Classic mode. Can decrease difficulty in game

You can't passively increase you engage meter once depleted, you need to actively charge it (combat, healing). Each action=1 section

Custom outfits for the Somniel only. Can't change Alear's hair except some F!Alear outfits have her hair in a ponytail

Growth method option seen in JPN tweets not available at start of game so he can't comment on it

Has played 3 chapters of maddening. Biggest change is enemies have new skills such as skills that negate break, effectiveness etc

Was incorrect about enemy AI prioritising getting into bushes being new, he thought it was

Dual audio available. Text is available in US English, Latin American Spanish, EU English, EU Spanish, French, Italian, German,  Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese (I CAN HAVE MY U BACK IN ARMOUR YES)

Stand out characters from the first 8 chapters are Yunaka and Louis. Great in writing and as units. Yunaka has a shady past and is a pathological liar but wants to turn her life around. Louis is really fun. He's kind of a weird dude who likes to people watch and likes to see people happy. Him and Yunaka have nice supports.

Can scan 5 amiibo a day.

Address the '10 second supports' allegation. Says that mainly sounds like the bond conversations with emblems. Actual supports are on par with the rest of the series in terms of length. Most similar to Awakening.

Talks about Somniel. We pretty much know everything so I skipped it. One thing he mentioned was that when allies wake you up, it's very ASMR and the game recommends you wear headphone. Sommie joins you in activities after you build your relationship up with him.

Characters don't have much unique dialogue in The Somniel. The mostly talk about where they are located in the Somniel and only a few characters talk about current story events.

Talks about poison and how it now makes it so you take more damage. Doesn't know exact numbers. Can stack three times. Lasts for entire battle unless you use antitoxen or staff.

No zoom in option for during battle. Default option is direct control of character, you have to swap to cursor option for moving character.

Red emblems are called Dark Emblems. Talks about him messing up with letting Hortensia kill Alfred with the Noble Rapier lol. It was his genuine first playthrough that he just happened to record so he was still learning the mechanics and new UI. Tutorial for enemy emblems says enemies can't actually engage with emblems so he presumed that Hortensia would only be able to use her tomes since the Noble Rapier is Lucina's engage weapon. 

Weapon triangle stuff. WT seems to only influence break and has no bearing on hit, avoid or damage.

No combat arts. Engage mechanics takes its place.

Weapon triangle being strictly break as far as they could tell? Hm. On offense, I'd guess this was meant to help make attacking a broken opponent more feasible (e.g Attacking a swordmaster with a halberdier to break, then attacking with a berserker), though I suppose they could have temporarily nullified triangle bonuses while broken. On defense, doing nothing besides not getting broken for picking the totally wrong weapon means...Yeah, without hit/damage reduction, they want you to do your damage on player phase. Though I have to say I'm not relishing the thought of missing with an axe.

10 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

So, from chapter 5, it will be more difficult to kill bosses. My question is when they use those revival stones, can they attack immediately or are they stun a bit?

As I recall from watching the few clips of Ch 7 where Horty loses her first HP bar, and like one small bit of someone Overriding into Ivy's first HP bar, there's no penalty state applied when the revival crystal is used.

~~~

NWR also posted the relevant screenshot for males not being able to directly Master Seal into advanced fliers:

257.jpg

30 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

Weapon triangle being strictly break as far as they could tell? Hm. On offense, I'd guess this was meant to help make attacking a broken opponent more feasible (e.g Attacking a swordmaster with a halberdier to break, then attacking with a berserker), though I suppose they could have temporarily nullified triangle bonuses while broken. On defense, doing nothing besides not getting broken for picking the totally wrong weapon means...Yeah, without hit/damage reduction, they want you to do your damage on player phase. Though I have to say I'm not relishing the thought of missing with an axe.

That makes me think that classes with multiple proficiencies have a little advantage against those who don't. It would be easier not to be broken if you have the choice between two weapons before ending your turn, than just one. Just one would force you to keep most units out of range fearing they could be broken, while in normal times you could leave them close to enemies, as they could stand one or two hit before everything become critical for them.

19 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

As I recall from watching the few clips of Ch 7 where Horty loses her first HP bar, and like one small bit of someone Overriding into Ivy's first HP bar, there's no penalty state applied when the revival crystal is used.

Thanks! So it's just double the HP. Must really set up a lot of units around the enemy to kill it the faster possible then.

For males not being able to directly master seal into fliers was already know, wasn't it? We saw in the class changing video of Céline, who was in her base class, that she could only access her advanced class by master seal, and other base classes by second seal. All others advanced classes were not available because she didn't meet the requirement of being level 10 of "base class of said advanced class".

1 minute ago, Hiroki said:

For males not being able to directly master seal into fliers was already know, wasn't it? We saw in the class changing video of Céline, who was in her base class, that she could only access her advanced class by master seal, and other base classes by second seal. All others advanced classes were not available because she didn't meet the requirement of being level 10 of "base class of said advanced class".

I think a fair number of us were hoping in vain that another base class accessible by male units would be able to directly promote to the advanced fliers.

2 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

That makes me think that classes with multiple proficiencies have a little advantage against those who don't. It would be easier not to be broken if you have the choice between two weapons before ending your turn, than just one. Just one would force you to keep most units out of range fearing they could be broken, while in normal times you could leave them close to enemies, as they could stand one or two hit before everything become critical for them.

This is also the reason why Leif's Adaptable is quite powerful as he'll aim to prevent a Break state where possible on defense.

Having said that, there was that clip in Ch. 6 where the enemy didn't really capitalise on breaking Vander, and Vander was ready to counter a random lance unit that decided to attack once the Break had already cleared.

54 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

NWR also posted the relevant screenshot for males not being able to directly Master Seal into advanced fliers:

257.jpg

Not only males cannot reclass into Flier, they also feel the need to rub it in your face when trying to promote them into Griffin/Wyvern Knight. Very nice, IS, very nice indeed.

4 hours ago, Azz said:

Hide contents

hissssssssss

Stop making me go into the options to make your game playable please IS.

Just now, Lynsanity said:

hissssssssss

Stop making me go into the options to make your game playable please IS.

I believe all you need to do to change it is to press a shoulder button during a map so it shouldn't be too bad to have to change (albeit still annoying)

Nice to have confirmation about dudes flying tho. I was hoping that with them renaming the class to Flier it'd be gender neutral or that there would be an option for guys. I wish that instead of making Griffons the new Falcon Knights, they instead had male fliers ride Griffons and had them promote in Griffons or Wyverns and had girls ride Pegasi and promote into Falcon Knights or Wyverns.