DLC Class predictions

ciphertul

Well we have one for Emblems so why not have one for classes?

I have 3 thoughts so far being:

Trickster/Adventurer: A promoted bow and knife wielded.

Malig Knight: a promoted wyvern that can use tomes and one melee weapon (Sword/Axe/Lance)

War Master: yup 3H throwback class featuring Axes and Arts. Do we ever see Arts on a non-hybrid class?

I'd love to see Kinshi Knight and the classic Falcon Knight return. The only thing is idk what weapon types they'd use? Kinshi Knight could obviously go Sword/Lance/Axe + Bow but that would essentially just make it a better bow knight unless its stats and class skill is worse.

Also Falcon Knights whole dual weapon using AND weapon + staff shtick has been taken by wyvern knight and griffon knight so I don't really know what they could do to make it stand out

23 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Also Falcon Knights whole dual weapon using AND weapon + staff shtick has been taken by wyvern knight and griffon knight so I don't really know what they could do to make it stand out

Falcon is my favorite class and I just have accepted that they probably won’t be in Engage at all. There isn’t any role from they without stepping on another’s toes or just being a different class altogether.

Edited by ciphertul

Ideally I’d like a third branch for each starting promotion, even if we wound up with effective repeats of existing classes. Ideally I’d like to see more variations for the unit types that have only a couple options after promotion like Armor, Flying, Mystical, or Covert. 

As far as old classes that should be back Falco Knight is an easy one. It’s really absurd that it wasn’t brought back to begin with. That said unless they give it tomes, single weapon focus, bows, or knives it’s not left with anything unique. 

11 minutes ago, BravuraLevi said:

Alear's promoted class is Swords/Arts

Diamante didn't block Hero, Alcryst didn't block Sniper, Timerra didn't block Halberdier, and Fogado didn't block Bow Knight. This is a non issue.

Anyway, I'm satisfied having gotten halberdier. But here's some I'd be interested in.

Kinshi Knight - Weapon + Bow, flying

Ballistician - Weapon + Bow, armored

Spellblade - Weapon + Tome, mystical

War Master - Axe + Body Arts, backup

Guardian - Lance + Axe, backup

I don't really want to see the typical boring, genderlocked classes associated with dlc - namely witch and dark flier.

As for the DLC, I don't really know what to hope. On one hand, when I compare to older FE, I would like to say it will be like 4 DLC classes, among the classical ones in the saga. On the other hand, this FE seems to be a bit ambitious, with the anniversary thing, and maybe we could have more than that. Plus, the DLC classes will come with the new story and new characters. We could imagine a lot of things. Maybe too much dreaming for me, ahah, but still, a lot of ideas.

51 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

War Master: yup 3H throwback class featuring Axes and Arts. Do we ever see Arts on a non-hybrid class?

Yeah, I noticed this. Body Arts, only seems available to staves users or dancers (and Alear). Why not a class with Body Arts, and a physical attack, like a weapon? War Master with weapon variation (Sword/Lance/Axe)

We could also imagine a truly War Master, who can wield the three weapons (Sword and Lance and Axe).

14 minutes ago, Mirron said:

Ideally I’d like a third branch for each starting promotion, even if we wound up with effective repeats of existing classes. Ideally I’d like to see more variations for the unit types that have only a couple options after promotion like Armor, Flying, Mystical, or Covert. 

It would be a lot of classes. But again, why not. I think it's a bit of a fan's dream, but one can dream, ahah!

By the way, if they make some DLC, there's a chance it could be all weapons variations included, like for Sword/Lance/Axe Cavalier. Since they seems to have the same stats, it's just a small variation and don't count as a new class.

Two scenario:

First - If they give us 4 new class, we could hope for classical ones like Dread Fighter, Valkyrie (Like Hortensia advanced class I guess), Trickster or Adventurer. Maybe even an Assassin (but that seems to be the Thief). Those class could be even advanced class, but I have the feeling it could more potentially be Special ones.

Second - On the crazy thinking, and a lot of dreaming, we can imagine that, since they give us a new story, with new characters, and everything, it could mean whole new classes for each of those new characters. I mean a base and two advanced classes. It could even round a bit of the lack of the original roster of classes. And we could get the new so cool Armored Mage (ft @DefyingFates ). Like high Defense, good Magic, access to Tome as a base class, and as advanced they could add even a weapon, or a horse (or both). They could also add a Manakete/Laguz tree class, since it lacks here.

I don't have any list of definite classes I want to see, I just hope that we don't get the same gender locked classes we typically get from DLC. As for what I'd like to see:

A bow flier. Would probably be a flying version of Bow Knight but would hopefully have something that makes it so Bow Knight isn't irrelevant

A non-healer/dancer Qi Adept. A think a pure arts user or one that would use swords/lances/axes + arts would be cool

A new armour. I think a bow armour called Ballistician (like Fabulously Olivier suggested) would be cool

51 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

It would be a lot of classes. But again, why not. I think it's a bit of a fan's dream, but one can dream, ahah!

By the way, if they make some DLC, there's a chance it could be all weapons variations included, like for Sword/Lance/Axe Cavalier. Since they seems to have the same stats, it's just a small variation and don't count as a new class.

Two scenario:

First - If they give us 4 new class, we could hope for classical ones like Dread Fighter, Valkyrie (Like Hortensia advanced class I guess), Trickster or Adventurer. Maybe even an Assassin (but that seems to be the Thief). Those class could be even advanced class, but I have the feeling it could more potentially be Special ones.

Second - On the crazy thinking, and a lot of dreaming, we can imagine that, since they give us a new story, with new characters, and everything, it could mean whole new classes for each of those new characters. I mean a base and two advanced classes. It could even round a bit of the lack of the original roster of classes. And we could get the new so cool Armored Mage (ft @DefyingFates ). Like high Defense, good Magic, access to Tome as a base class, and as advanced they could add even a weapon, or a horse (or both). They could also add a Manakete/Laguz tree class, since it lacks here.

I'm assuming that if they are classes that allow for interchangeable things they'll do it. It kind of depends on what they do. If it's a flyer or cavalry they mostly can be interchanged, though Royal Knight is unique for sure, but the others all seem to have a bunch of variation, as do the Armors.

I would definitely enjoy new characters all introducing new classes too. It's a nice way to tie them in to the game without it feeling too off. I do feel like Manakete/Laguz getting a tree would be odd, both in that Alear not having a Dragon class is kind of weird and in that Laguz feel like Dancer/Thief in terms of uniqueness. I definitely wouldn't mind if they got promotions, though it would make the other two stick out more to me for sure.

4 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Oh I thought of a way to make Kinshi Knight more distinct from Bow Knight! Just give it Bows and Staves. We have no dual bow + staff wielding classes so it wouldn't overlap with anything

Or they could just make it pure bow.

52 minutes ago, EarthboundAddict said:

Oh I thought of a way to make Kinshi Knight more distinct from Bow Knight! Just give it Bows and Staves. We have no dual bow + staff wielding classes so it wouldn't overlap with anything

Why do we even need that distinction when unit types in this game already majorly distinguish classes, and Skills exist. It's okay for two different classes to use the same weapon combo, especially with different unit types.

• Bow Flier -- Probably not Kinshi Knight exactly since I don't think the new story will involve other worlds or Outrealm shenanigans, unless the Deeprealm translation of Kagetsu's page was actually accurate. It is more likely Barbarossa would make a return than Kinshi Knight. Still, the game is missing a dedicated bow flier.
  • Baron -- Mages are incredibly weak to being Broken by Body Arts, and we never got the chance to have a playable Baron. Since I'm expecting the game to provide one of each movement type, I think it is correct to guess that our favorite GIGA-CHAD armor bro would be coming. I would have Grandmaster, but Celine really does just hog everything about the infantry spellblade archetype, including Ignis. It is really hard to fit anything else...
  • Mechanist -- This was one of the oddest of Fates' classes, but definitely the most unique. With the return of knives and the lessons of bows from Three Houses and Echoes, I think they might figure out a way to make it more notable than it being a non-cavalier-weak cavalier class and having Duplicate.
  • Assassin/Master Ninja/Dread Fighter -- I don't know why Thieves don't promote. I don't know why the only two knives classes are Thief and Wolf Knight. I don't know why you bring them back but cheap them out so much... I just...don't understand you, IntSys... Confusion aside, an actual martial master would make sense to bring in, probably based on the Fates interpretation over the Awakening one because of said Celine problem.

As others have said, I'd love a Bow Flier, and generally movement type + weapon combinations we don't see very often, such as Malig Knight* and an armored mage class as @Hiroki mentioned.

But regarding armors specifically, it remains to be seen whether the immunity to breaking will be compensation enough for the low Res and Mov that usually dooms armored units in other mainline entries, so maybe IS won't even bother giving them any love? That'd be a huge shame though.

* Or a gender-neutral Dark Flier since I prefer pegasi to wyverns.

Malig Knight - Axe/Tome Flying

Axe/Tome - Armor

Edgedancer - Sword/Staff - Qi Adept

Windrunner - Lance/Sword - Qi Adept

Yes, these are the names of Knights Radiant Orders from Stormlight Archive BUT IF DARK DEITY CAN USE WINDRUNNER AS A CLASS NAME, SO CAN FIRE EMBLEM. 

I'll think of more serious DLC class options after the game comes out and I've played with the classes a bit. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

6 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Malig Knight - Axe/Tome Flying

Axe/Tome - Armor

Considering axes, swords and lances are interchangeable for non-infantry unit promotions, you could also have sword and lance variants of these two classes, which makes them even more appealing!

• Trickster with Dagger/Staff. It could be a special class this time, seeing Thief is not promotable
  • War Master with Body Art and Sword/Lance/Axe
  • Some kind of Armored Mage. That's the one I'm hoping for the most. Still salty about Edelgard's personal class not being able to use magic
  • Dread Fighter with Dagger and Tome. In Awakening they can use Tome, while in Fates they swap that for shuriken.
  • Dark Flier because I love flying mages
  • Valkyrie - classic mounted Tome/Staff users
Edited by kienquocsi

I know I'm very slow on this, but it only dawned on me as a literal shower thought earlier today that Echoes added a new DLC class for every pre-existing advanced class. I doubt Engage would do that, but there's absolutely precedent set for a new class per type/ style, particularly if they're willing to give us a mix of returning and brand new classes to make it work, e.g.

Covert - Trickster
Qi Adept - War Monk
Backup - Dread Fighter/ Mortal Savant?
Mystical - Summoner? After all, Lyn already introduces the "created minions" thing.
Armored, Flier, Cavalry - their respective magic variants.

Edited by DefyingFates

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I know I'm very slow on this, but it only dawned on me as a literal shower thought earlier today that Echoes added a new DLC class for every pre-existing advanced class. I doubt Engage would do that, but there's absolutely precedent set for a new class per type/ style, particularly if they're willing to give us a mix of returning and brand new classes to make it work, e.g.

Covert - Trickster
Qi Adept - War Monk
Backup - Dread Fighter/ Mortal Savant?
Mystical - Summoner? After all, Lyn already introduces the "created minions" thing.
Armored, Flier, Cavalry - their respective magic variants.

I honestly would love Overclass back but... as long as they keep the characters color in it. It was sad having Zeke and Clive looking the exact same as a Skogal.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:39 PM, DefyingFates said:

I also thought about that, it would be an rather easy class to make at least, from a game mechanic point of view. Just make it a class that use tomes (maybe staves too) and has a similar ability to that of Lyn clones.

Other class I'd like think to see would be Necromancer, it could either be similar to Summoners and create phantoms or raise ennemy units it defeat with a single HP point. I mean, I doubt we'll get it but it would be neat and I think it would be quite fitting as a DLC Class. 

Edited by Emobot7

I'mma try my hand at the one per type 

Backup - War Master

Sword/Axe/Lance and Brawling. A fast, ferocious fighter with minimal defenses.

Covert - Ranger

Bows and daggers. Has a pet hawk for harassing/distracting enemies and scouting fog.

Armored - Dread Knight

Sword/Axe/Lance and Magic. A heavily armored mage.

Cavalry - Dragoon

Sword/Axe/Lance + Dagger

Swift warrior that rides a great serpent. Can traverse through water and forest tiles.

Flying - Phoenix Fletcher

A skilled archer astride a majestic phoenix. Shoots flaming arrows.

Qi Adept - Striker

Body Arts + Dagger 

A calm assassin who takes down foes with precise strikes.

Mystical - Druid

Bow + Tome

Utilizes elemental arrows to unleash versatile effects. Change between Fire, Wind, Ice, and Lightning Arrows before initiating combat to best suit the situation.