New Heroes: Engage

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised, but a little disappointed that they didn't do all of the older nobles + Alear as a banner. Still, this makes the most sense. You've got to sell the other banners somehow, and Firene is the first country encountered, according to the information we've been given. 

Not sure if I'll Spark on this banner or the New Year's one for Duo Askr/Embla. 

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

The lineup seems pretty random, is M!Alear a tie-in bonus or was he just left out?

Also the GHB is Lumera, another unconventional choice.

I'm going to guess they're going in country order. It's basically Alear plus the major Firene characters.

So did they just ... fuck Alfred out of an actual prf weapon and appearing in future banners to make him a rearmed hero?

Why?

Edited by Sunwoo

Just now, Use the Falchion said:

Not surprised, but a little disappointed that they didn't do all of the older nobles + Alear as a banner. Still, this makes the most sense. You've got to sell the other banners somehow, and Firene is the first country encountered, according to the information we've been given. 

Not sure if I'll Spark on this banner or the New Year's one for Duo Askr/Embla. 

Unlike Byleth and the house Lord's, Alear and the older nobles don't cover enough weapon types for a banner of all colors.

15 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The lineup seems pretty random, is M!Alear a tie-in bonus or was he just left out?

Also the GHB is Lumera, another unconventional choice.

No word on M!Alear at all, but I assume he'll be on a second Engage banner soon.

Good to see that "new non-OC characters as Rearmed Heroes" and "three standard New Heroes" are both still on the table for keeping the new character count up, although I wouldn't expect non-new games to do both at once. Still, this continues the hope that the introduction of Rearmed Heroes will not hurt the new character rate.

Edited by Othin

12 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Unlike Byleth and the house Lord's, Alear and the older nobles don't cover enough weapon types for a banner of all colors.

But they didn't even try here either. They have two lance units, a red infantry sword user, and a green magic user. If they wanted to try, they could have done Alear, Aflred, Etie or Celene, and Boucheron. Or even Alear, Alfred, Celine (now as a colorless tome), and Vander. 

Had hope for the first Engage banner to be the main lords + Alear, and Lumera as this month’s mythic hero.

Will the Engage lords receive the same treatment as Alfred and appear as rearmed? 

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So did they just ... fuck Alfred out of an actual prf weapon and appearing in future banners to make him a rearmed hero?

Why?

He instead got a Prf skill (something that Ganglot and Ophelia were both denied) that gives him a net gain of 30 points worth of stats. I think Alfred will be fine without that Prf weapon.

19 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm going to guess they're going in country order. It's basically Alear plus the major Firene characters.

Personally I thought the first Engage banner would be Alear with their retainers (Vander and the twins), but this works too.

The trailer doesn't mention it, but Etie will also be added as the instademote, in addition to being available through quests. (Greninja'd)

Edited by Lightchao42

So this banner decided to skip Alfred and Celine's male retainers while shoehorning both of the females in, already shafting the dudes.

Well that probably doesn't bode well for anyone who ends up like a male non-royal in this game. The story of Fire Emblem: Heroes in these days.

Huh. So, I'm curious about Alear (especially since this one reminds me of M!Corrin's base form, being all "I'm a dragon! *uses sword*" so I wonder if M!Alear will use a dragonstone or something), but the one I've been the most curious about (in the first trailer) is actually using the rearmed lance! Neat. (Except that I think this means he won't be in the regular pool, so...he may be a tad difficult to get after this...) I'll free pull blue, I guess, but I don't know about going all in. I want to save up for the Valentine's banner, and the child banner after that. Plus, there are actually some banners still floating around I'd like to pull some more from...

17 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

yuwskn5o4dca1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I can't wait to give Noatun and Anna bond ring to loli Anna

(Sorry for the double post but...)

I CALLED IT!!! I KNEW there would be a Heroes/Engage collaboration event, and that we'd get bond rings from FEH! 8D

Edit: but it says "by participating." Participating in what? How do we get this?

Edited by Mercakete

It looks like they gave up on Arcane weapons being evil pretty quickly.

Two sparks is nice. Probably will grab Alear and Alfred with them. Not sure who I'm actually going to be pulling for. Might go with blue just because of the double focus rate.

According to the announcements, there is currently an error with Joyous Tome's effect: The start-of-turn healing currently applies even when there are no allies in range. This will be fixed in version 7.2 in February, so don't get attached to it.

None of the characters or skills are particularly groundbreaking, so it's nice that I don't feel compelled to pull for merges.

Edited by Ice Dragon

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

From what I got checking the previews, Lumera looks to be a tutorial boss in Engage?

SPOILERS just to be safe:

Spoiler

Yeah, she's specifically the boss of Chapter 2. She also uses Alear's sword there, but I somehow doubt Lumera will also get Liberation in FEH. Just call it a hunch.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

SPOILERS just to be save:

Hide contents

Yeah, she's specifically the boss of Chapter 2. She also uses Alear's sword there, but I somehow doubt Lumera will also get Liberation in FEH. Just call it a hunch.

About that:

Spoiler

She looks to have a different sword.

e8e149cb87084cdbfe37019cf87ea0b00e0de16f.png.72a03489ef8c95856bbfd6907b04f923.png

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

About that:

Reveal hidden contents

She looks to have a different sword.

e8e149cb87084cdbfe37019cf87ea0b00e0de16f.png.72a03489ef8c95856bbfd6907b04f923.png

Spoiler

Yeah like I said, Lumera definitely wasn't getting the same Prf as F!Alear. What she does have there is probably some nerfed (in comparison to F!Alear's), FEH exclusive variant of Liberation.

At the very least, that weapon sure doesn't look like an inheritable (any pre-existing type, anyways).