All DLC Emblems have been revealed.

DefyingFates

The trailer hasn't been uploaded separately yet, but here they are:

Hector,

Soren,

Chrom + Robin,

Camilla: Emblem of Revelation,

Veronica: Emblem of Heroes,

With a new story in Wave 4 complete with at least two new characters.

I didn't expect Chrom and Robin (as important as their bromance is to Awakening's story) to be a package deal and I feel bad for the lack of Eliwood. I wonder how the Chrom/ Robin toggle will work, since we have an optional switch (Eirika/ Ephraim) and random switching (the 3H Leaders). Maybe Robin will always be a support partner?

And I know complaining about Camilla is ban-worthy in the Heroes subforum but... really? Why not Azura who could have dragon vein shenanigans AND dancing? Her title is even Emblem of Revelation!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

I wasn't expecting Soren at all though, so that's really nice. RIP my dreams of Lyon though, not that I had much hopes for him in the first place. If we're just going off of "Lords", then Elincia makes more sense, but he's a wild card option I can respect (and I think he's more popular too?)

Also, Veronica summoning Heroes makes me think she should have been Alfonse, but IS has been trying really hard to push Veronica as of Book VI I suppose, and we would have had too many guys otherwise.

So... yeah. I really wasn't expecting Engage DLC news right away (I thought there was a 10% chance). Not a fan of Camilla and I'm iffy on Veronica, but the others are nice and the glimpse of new story looked neat. Lyon would have made me consider getting the DLC right away, but for now I'm still going to be waiting for more news. I didn't want to make the OP of this thread too whiny so I apologize for that.

P.S. Despite my misgivings about Veronica herself, I hope they do something with the fact that she's from an as-of-yet unrepresented World compared to the other DLC Emblems (outside of the Bond Rings). That could be fun!

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, as shown in the datamine. Guessed right it'd be Kauku Caves for Soren's Divine Paralogue.

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I wasn't expecting Soren at all though, so that's really nice. RIP my dreams of Lyon though, not that I had much hopes for him in the first place. If we're just going off of "Lords", then Elincia makes more sense, but he's a wild card option I can respect. Veronica summoning Heroes makes me think she should have been Alfonse, but IS has been trying really hard to push Veronica as of Book VI I suppose, and we would have had too many guys otherwise.

Soren is much closer to Ike I suppose.

Also, Soren has more Proficiency potential. With Tomes, Staffs, and Knives (as PoR Sages could choose between Staffs and Knives upon promotion). So likely to fill the niche after Chapter 10 happens.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yep, as shown in the datamine. Guessed right it'd be Kauku Caves for Soren's Divine Paralogue.

That's weird. It seems such a random stage. Its hardly Soren's final hour. I was expecting the attack on the Begnion camp to be the stage, because that's the part of the game that went most in depth about Soren's strategic prowess. That one time he and Ike ventured into a lava cave seems random in comparison.

Does anyone have an idea  of what time frame 'later today' is cause for me, later is late af cause it's just about 11 pm here lol

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

That's weird. It seems such a random stage. Its hardly Soren's final hour. I was expecting the attack on the Begnion camp to be the stage, because that's the part of the game that went most in depth about Soren's strategic prowess. That one time he and Ike ventured into a lava cave seems random in comparison.

The only thing I can think of is that Kauku Caves leads to Goldoa.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Soren is much closer to Ike I suppose.

I forgot to add that to the OP, but you're right. Ditto for Chrom + Robin for Lucina, for what it's worth. I hadn't thought about the proficiencies, but that's neat too!

P.S. Why hasn't Nintendo uploaded the Fire Emblem trailer yet? Even the Zelda one got uploaded immediately...

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Does anyone have an idea  of what time frame 'later today' is cause for me, later is late af cause it's just about 11 pm here lol

What's in Wave 2, again? I missed that part of the Direct. Thanks in advance, I hope we get a free content update at the same time too!

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I forgot to add that to the OP, but you're right. Ditto for Chrom + Robin for Lucina, for what it's worth. I hadn't thought about the proficiencies, but that's neat too!

P.S. Why hasn't Nintendo uploaded the Fire Emblem trailer yet? Even the Zelda one got uploaded immediately...

What's in Wave 2, again? I missed that part of the Direct.

As quoted from the website 'Emblems (Hector, Soren and Camilla), support items and accessories.'

Odd wave 2 has three emblems meanwhile wave 3 only has two despite new emblems being the only thing being advertised as what it contains

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, Azz said:

As quoted from the website 'Emblems (presumably Hector and Soren), support items and accessories.'

Just now, FashionEmblem said:

It's Hector, Soren, AND Camilla.

I just saw a reupload of the trailer, it's these three. Thanks! Which is weird, since according to the roadmap Wave 3 only has Emblems, so you'd expect that to be the one with three. I guess Chrom/Robin + Veronica are expected to be the real money makers? If anyone gets access to the DLC, please let us know what else is included!

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

And I know complaining about Camilla is ban-worthy in the Heroes subforum but... really? Why not Azura who could have dragon vein shenanigans AND dancing? Her title is even Emblem of Revelation!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

Strong agree, though I'm also not a fan of Azura (tbf, it's not really her per se, it's just Fates' plot being a mess, and her being at the center of that mess). Camilla should definitely be Emblem of Conquest, not Revelation. I imagine they didn't choose Conquest because the natural question is where is the Emblem of Birthright. I guess Byleth already cornered the market on dancer emblem for ... reasons (how often do you run Dance of the Goddess on Byleth specifically in Three Houses?).

Just now, FashionEmblem said:

It's Hector, Soren, AND Camilla.

Just rewatched the trailer and fixed my reply. Thought it would make more sense to have three emblem in wave three since wave two at least has some extras advertised meanwhile wave three has just emblems.

I don't quite mind the choices tbh. Camilla is the only one that I'm like eh... (especially her title, like that should be Azura but whatevs). Regardless, they all will hopefully be fun to play as. Veronica looks especially cool, seems like we may be able to summon the emblems themselves to either play as, have as NPCs or maybe just do their engage attacks maybe. Also am happy its M!Robin with Chrom, the superior Robin also the bromance shall live!

Watch Veronica be able to scam you with bad Gacha rolls. But for real it does give some of the heroes ocs hope for after Heroes to see Veronica be included in the dlc. Say what you will about Feh ocs but it is nice to see they have a possibility of continuing in some shape or form even if Feh shuts down as long as Fire Emblem as franchise sees success.

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

I just saw a reupload of the trailer, it's these three. Thanks! Which is weird, since according to the roadmap Wave 3 only has Emblems, so you'd expect that to be the one with three. I guess Chrom/Robin + Veronica are expected to be the real money makers? If anyone gets access to the DLC, please let us know what else is included!

There's not really any need for individual waves to be money makers since you can only buy the season pass as a package deal, unfortunately. If that was an option, I'd be happy to just buy wave 4 as the first three waves don't really do anything for me.

Glad to see IS finally realized we like Hector. Took 'em long enough.

Also this makes Chrom and Tiki the only characters to be both a Mirage and an Emblem. Also the last two to receive FE series amiibo.

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

I've found that the eShop updates at around 6pm PST, the exception being when they rotate the next wave of NSO icon elements which for some they do at 5pm instead.

It would be nice if this update included something to improve the SP economy. The bracelets themselves help, since emblems give twice the SP gain of bond rings, but the first mod I saw of the game was doubling SP gain, which is telling. Put it this way, a tank running Ike, who gives Resolve and Wrath, would like Pair Up from Corrin and Vantage from Leif. That's 3000 SP for Vantage+ and 4000SP for Vantage++. That's 30-40 levels worth of SP, assuming an emblem is equipped the whole time—pretty much an entire playthrough of experience (there's some noise, since characters have variable base SP based on join time).

On the other hand, I wonder if they'll fix the bond ring RNG exploit. That was discovered pretty recently, so I hope not. Unsure how much of a chore in the back-end that would be to fix (I guess go to a new RNG seed if you load a chapter instead of advancing numbers within the current seed?)

Edited by Parrhesia

Eliwood and Azura found dead in Chicago.

Mostly interested in Veronica for the meta shit. But you have to play actual maps to get these guys so the value of the DLC is already worth it.

Somone pointed out the hooded dude in the trailer is wearing Fogado's necklace so maybe in the Fell Xenologues we'll go to an alternate world where the eight royals will be the baddies.

Spoiler

Based off what we know of the DLC from leaks and how the dead hounds will be playable through alternate good versions, this sounds plausible

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Somone pointed out the hooded dude in the trailer is wearing Fogado's necklace so maybe in the Fell Xenologues we'll go to an alternate world where the eight royals will be the baddies.

And here I thought the guy looked like the Summoner from FE Heroes, but I don't play Heroes so could easily be mistaken. Mostly basing it on some art I've seen, which I think is an official comic?

Edited by FashionEmblem

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Hide contents

Based off what we know of the DLC from leaks and how the dead hounds will be playable through alternate good versions, this sounds plausible

Do we know that?