Quality of Life features you'd like to see added in future patches?

DefyingFates

Some I want:

• Allow the characters to wear their casual attire, or even outfits from the boutique, in battle
  • Tone down skirmishes. They ramp up too quickly, and it DOES NOT HELP that everything comes at you from the word go. Northern Fortress in particular sucks REALLY bad for skirmishes...
  • Alter the deployment spits in skirmishes. I don't like how many locations either have you split up (Shadowy Moor), surrounded, or both.
  • Have the content from Reminisce put on the title screen menu. If I want to listen to music, I want it to be there, not to have to go and boot up a file first.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, lenticular said:

I'm also not expecting much, but given that they've already added the monastery activities for gaining supports, I don't think it's too far-fetched to hope for at least a few minor additions or changes.

Given just how fast that came out, there's no way that it wasn't already under development before the release date.  My guess is that it didn't ship in the OG version either because of some late-breaking bug or because it was a nice-to-have last feature developed.  That or they intentionally withheld it to have more stuff to build hype for the Wave 2 announcement, although given that it was a free update, I'm not so sure on that.  It is possible that they amped up the numbers on the support gain after seeing player complaints about how slow A-rank is without skirmishes, but all the animations & stuff were surely under development earlier.

(And yes, this means I unfortunately agree with WolfWin that my hopes for QoL improvements aren't super-high.  Maybe we'll get a cutscene viewer on the title page or the like, something simple, but I suspect we're stuck with the Engrave interface that shipped.)

Few updates I would want

1. New Game Plus. The obvious one.

2. Allow characters to keep default outfits regardless of class.

3. Alternate methods to make Supports easier. Bond fragments could be one option since there's tons of them.

4. An easier difficulty setting.

Another one I want: Improve the engravings. Some of them are just bad, with serious downsides that arguably make them better off NOT used *coughBindingcoughRadiancehack*. Most of the DLC engravings are on a level of bad that arguably rivals them, too.

41 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Another one I want: Improve the engravings. Some of them are just bad, with serious downsides that arguably make them better off NOT used *coughBindingcoughRadiancehack*. Most of the DLC engravings are on a level of bad that arguably rivals them, too.

I completely disagree with this. Figuring out how best to deal with the downsides is possibly the most interesting part of the engraving system. Both in terms of deciding which weapons to put them on, and also in terms of deciding when to equip them in battle and when to switch to another weapon. Whilst some of the engravings are definitely better than others, I've certainly managed to get use out of all of them. I don't have the DLC, though, so can't speak for the Engravings it offers.

Give us the ability to chuck out bond rings in exchange for bond fragments. I don't want 20 smth bronze bond rings, let me get rid of them to get more bond fragments so I can try summon more or level up bond level with emblems.

1 hour ago, lenticular said:

I completely disagree with this. Figuring out how best to deal with the downsides is possibly the most interesting part of the engraving system. Both in terms of deciding which weapons to put them on, and also in terms of deciding when to equip them in battle and when to switch to another weapon. Whilst some of the engravings are definitely better than others, I've certainly managed to get use out of all of them. I don't have the DLC, though, so can't speak for the Engravings it offers.

Maybe, but imho, when the downsides far eclipse the upsides, there's a problem. Why in the name of Sombron would I want to add 15 weight to my weapon? And all I get out of it is +3 might?? That sounds like a rip-off...

On the DLC engravings: The Rivals one is an all-around boost much like Marth's Beginnings engraving, with the minor downside of +1 weight. That ain't what I have issue with; it's literally everything else (at least, out of the ones we know; all of the rest have sizable avoid and dodge penalties. Considering the fact that unlike Edelgard and friends, you actually have to work to get them, I'd expect the engravings to be better).

Edited by Shadow Mir

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Maybe, but imho, when the downsides far eclipse the upsides, there's a problem. Why in the name of Sombron would I want to add 15 weight to my weapon? And all I get out of it is +3 might?? That sounds like a rip-off...

So long you position right, then it's good with thunder tomes. Doesn't matter if you get weighted down, you never double with thunder tomes unless you go for Dire Thunder... in which case it ignores AS anyway.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So long you position right, then it's good with thunder tomes. Doesn't matter if you get weighted down, you never double with thunder tomes unless you go for Dire Thunder... in which case it ignores AS anyway.

It's useful to boost various weapons primarily used for engage attacks and some other niche cases that allows double hits without factoring in AS also.

I didn't realize this wasn't already an option until going through the DLC Paralogues (and tbh I don't remember if 3H had this but SoV definitely did): using the default battle animations for bosses even if animations are disabled in the settings. Even just adding a new option called "Significant Encounters Only" would be great for both the Battle and Assist options. Maybe an even faster fast-forward for combat animations? The animations are great and I'll most likely want them on for the Fell Xenologue, but when I'm just doing side story stuff...

On 2/26/2023 at 3:08 AM, starbat said:

I don't actually think the game has any sort of tangible preview of the gains you get from placing supported units adjacent to each other apart from I guess just...

the game actually shows it. when you stand next each other, and you preview/inspect the stats, the bluish number get detailed info of every kind of buff it gets to reach that number. its just that they dont tell you the name of unit who gave the buff, just the exact number you got from support, and from other source and they separate it

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Why in the name of Sombron would I want to add 15 weight to my weapon? And all I get out of it is +3 might?? That sounds like a rip-off...

that downside doesnt matter at all if you put it into smash weapon that cant double or cant attack first, and equip it into Armor type unit who rarely avoid attack/dont need to care about getting doubled. or using it into weapon that you use solely for Unique Engage attak that only hit once, for example Roy blazing

Edited by joevar

1 hour ago, joevar said:

the game actually shows it. when you stand next each other, and you preview/inspect the stats,

Yes, I guess my phrasing was a bit off. I did say in the same comment that by going to unit details and checking the stats you could see specific gains, I just wasn't really considering that a 'preview'. I think in my mind I was imagining the little popup you'd get in Awakening for pairups like in this image: Pair Up - Fire Emblem Wiki

as opposed to going into inspecting the unit when trying to figure out who's giving buffs in which stats. Most of the ease-of-use when it comes to checking stats in the 3ds games was thanks to the split screen of course, but something like this would be possible even on the switch. My guess is they didn't want the numbers to detract from the visuals of combat in this game. Navigating one extra screen for the information isn't too unreasonable, it's just not extremely apparent to players either, is all.

Edited by starbat

22 minutes ago, starbat said:

My guess is they didn't want the numbers to detract from the visuals of combat in this game.

i would think thats the reason too. having the visual shows number like that means giving a momentary pauses and distractions to battle flow. while Engage battle flow/direction is going for fast, efficient, and as smooth as possible.

25 minutes ago, starbat said:

Navigating one extra screen for the information isn't too unreasonable, it's just not extremely apparent to players either, is all.

and there are already people here(not me) compalining about that... by that, i mean navigating one additional screen to get the info/feature they want.

One thing I forgot to add in my last post: you can replay the Divine Paralogues. You can't gain EXP (and your units don't stay dead), but you can! It would be nice if you could redo the vanilla story chapters and Paralogues in the same way. There are some great setpieces that would be really fun to play again at will!

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

One thing I forgot to add in my last post: you can replay the Divine Paralogues. You can't gain EXP (and your units don't stay dead), but you can! It would be nice if you could redo the vanilla story chapters and Paralogues in the same way. There are some great setpieces that would be really fun to play again at will!

That's a good idea. An easy way to revisit a map for whatever reason you want without having to replay the whole game.

Access weapon forge and emblem ring skill inheritance in the prep screen.

Auto re-equip emblem rings if you back out of an emblem paralogue prep screen.

have there be a way to see a lot of effects, like engage meters, poison etc. if "display HP bars" is disabled. Like i want to not see those hp bars on the map all the time, but I do want to be able to see things like poison and engage and support in the unit's menu

hold L to switch between map animations and full animations on the fly

have an additional button to toggle "highlight all attack ranges EXCEPT the selected enemies"

5 hours ago, Galap said:

hold L to switch between map animations and full animations on the fly

Ooh, that would be SO good!! It'd fix the problem I mentioned earlier too if this worked in the Enemy Phase as well!!

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, that would be SO good!! It'd fix the problem I mentioned earlier too if this worked in the Enemy Phase as well!!

I just figured out that you can do this. The button is R2.

4 minutes ago, Galap said:

spit take

Wait, really? I was going to ask if that's the button that displays unit types but remembered that's ZL/ L2. I'll have to give this a try, thank you very much! Does this also work in the Enemy Phase?

What I would really want, and I know we wont get it, is paired endings. Its a minor thing but for whatever reason I enjoyed creating bonds between characters. 😄

More possible feature, I'm not sure if its not already there but I dont think so, would be unit comparison. It would be nice if I could compare my units on same screen just to figure which one of them I'm gonna field and who will be benched.

Also I think this could be an optional settings feature to show what enemy is going to attack who on enemy phase, like it was in Three Houses. Im not a fan of guess work on this and I dont have the deep enough knowledge to understand the AI algorythm. 😄

4 hours ago, Galap said:

Can you confirm this please? I can see two options to change the category of info displayed on the map and the type of minimap when holding ZR down, but no options to toggle animations. Thank you in advance!

53 minutes ago, Speedy said:

What I would really want, and I know we wont get it, is paired endings. Its a minor thing but for whatever reason I enjoyed creating bonds between characters. 😄

I'm not personally fussed for paired epilogues, but I wish that they were ordered from lowest kill count to highest kill count, rather than just having everyone appear in recruitment order. I really missed the gradual escalation of going through the units I never fielded, then the ones who saw a bit of play, and eventually finishing up with my star performers.

Oh, one I forgot.

Change the UI slightly so the "Engage" option is below the "Attack" option.

Seriously, it's a bother to have to make sure I go down the list everytime since I use normal attacks more often then Engaging.

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Can you confirm this please? I can see two options to change the category of info displayed on the map and the type of minimap when holding ZR down, but no options to toggle animations. Thank you in advance!

If you hold the button while during enemy phase or player phase right before making an attack when full animations are on, it will play map animations instead while the button is down. I haven't tested the other way yet.

54 minutes ago, Galap said:

If you hold the button while during enemy phase or player phase right before making an attack when full animations are on, it will play map animations instead while the button is down. I haven't tested the other way yet.

I can confirm that holding ZR down inverts whatever option you set (for battle and assists). Holding ZR when triggering one of the DLC Emblems' "+" triggers (when the "Link" sign appears) also switches you to an animation, so I'm assuming doing it for dialogue will also work. Here's hoping, at least!