• Yarne: Hoppy New Year
    • Ash: Retainer to Askr
    • Askr: God of Openness
    • Céline: Joyous Royal
    • Alear: Dragon Child
    • Garon: King of Nohr
    • Nemesis: King of Liberation

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/2023 at 02:59 AM

The name of this Voting Gauntlet in Japanese is "自分のカミを誇れよ!" (jibun no kami o hokore yo!), "Take pride in your hair/god/bite!". "髪" (kami), "hair", "神" (kami), "god", and "噛み" (kami), "bite", are nearly homophones in Japanese, here written phonetically in katakana as "カミ" (kami). The only difference is their accenting ("髪" has its high pitch on the "mi", whereas "神" and "噛み" have their high pitch on the "ka"), which is not reflected in the orthography.

As much as I like Alear's hair, I'm going to start on team Ash because lazer cow.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Honestly, I don't understand this one. Pretty much everyone in FE has good hair because fantasy character design. It's not as easy to determine texture either, given the art style, and thus categorize like it was for long-haired dudes vs short-haired ladies. In the end, this just feels like a random bunch of characters. I can't help but feel like they could have at least given us hairy vs bald.

Oh well. Joining Team Askr I guess.

I am going to go with F!Elear since she is the one I like the most here, I would have rocked her hair colors as a teen but my dad would have flipped at me dying my hair so I am going with her in part because of that.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am going to go with F!Elear since she is the one I like the most here, I would have rocked her hair colors as a teen but my dad would have flipped at me dying my hair so I am going with her in part because of that.

Heh, in part. I see what you did there.

I’m going with Céline since I like her as a character, I love her hair, and I just summoned her recently before the Voting Gauntlet banner. 

Some of the choices are rather odd, like Yarne and Ashe. I would’ve picked Leanne, Reyson, Camilla, Azura or Ryoma over either of them.

1 hour ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Some of the choices are rather odd, like Yarne and Ashe. I would’ve picked Leanne, Reyson, Camilla, Azura or Ryoma over either of them.

If there’s an easy opportunity to not make a second VG banner, IS will usually take it.

That’s pretty much why we have three Grail units, a freebie unit and a Mythic who is about to get rerun.

But with that said, how in the world was Cervantes not one of the three Grail units?

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

But with that said, how in the world was Cervantes not one of the three Grail units?

"髪" (kami) only refers to hair on the top of the head, of which Cervantes has none. Facial hair is "ひげ" (hige). The generic word for hair is "毛" (ke, also ge or  in compounds), which also includes fur and feathers.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"髪" (kami) only refers to hair on the top of the head, of which Cervantes has none. Facial hair is "ひげ" (hige). The generic word for hair is "毛" (ke, also ge or  in compounds), which also includes fur and feathers.

Fair enough but also in that case, Garon doesn't really have a reason to be here either (aside from being a Grail unit). His most prominent feature is his beard, not the hair on his head.

The same can also apply to Nemesis, but at least he has long-ish hair for a guy.

30 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Fair enough but also in that case, Garon doesn't really have a reason to be here either (aside from being a Grail unit). His most prominent feature is his beard, not the hair on his head.

The same can also apply to Nemesis, but at least he has long-ish hair for a guy.

I assume Garon was chosen due to his ties to Anankos since most of the other members here are related to a god in some way.

Speaking of which, Caineghis and Yarne clearly didn't fit that pattern at all, and I was trying to figure out why they were included until I realized I was forgetting one of the homophones (because there are a lot for "kami", the ones not mentioned not being relevant here) because it's a verb form. "噛み" (kami) means "bite" (from the verb "噛む" (kamu), "to bite").

Edited by Ice Dragon

Garon's best feature is his winning smile, it's so charming. And a hilarious juxtaposition to his ALL CAPS SHOUTING. I'd probably go on his team, though I have mild concerns that none of the people on my friends list will do the same, which would break the level 1 VG exploit.

Well, this immediately turned into an absolutely awful gauntlet. Exactly one good character in the whole thing and he's upset in the very first round by multiplier shenanigans. I have no desire to join any of these other teams with these not-good characters, but I want the orbs and such from the rewards, so...

It's turned into Beasts vs Dragons (even if Alear doesn't count as one here.) Well, since Bro Bull went down, I joined Alear.

12 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well, this immediately turned into an absolutely awful gauntlet. Exactly one good character in the whole thing and he's upset in the very first round by multiplier shenanigans. I have no desire to join any of these other teams with these not-good characters, but I want the orbs and such from the rewards, so...

Sorry, that was probably my fault for joining Team Caineghis and tainting him with my (usually) terrible VG luck.

But hey, at least Caineghis is spared from getting curbstomped by Alear. Griss can only wish that he is in Garon’s place right now.

I gotta say, I really hand it to Alear. To go from being criticized for their hair to sweeping the gauntlet centered around it. Something something if you know, you know. And no, I'm not all warm and fuzzy just because I'm supporting her/them!

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster