New Heroes & Rearmed Ingrid

On 4/17/2023 at 12:48 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Asclepius is "アスクレピオス" (asukurepiosu), "Asklepios". The Japanese pronunciation of Asclepius's name is based on his original Greek name instead of his Latin name, which the English spelling is based off of.

Added translation notes for Cornelia's weapon now that she's officially released.

It really, really bugs me that Caduceus Staff is called "Caduceus Staff" and Asclepius is called "Asclepius". "Caduceus" is the name of the type of staff, and the word "staff" is therefore completely redundant. On the other hand, "Asclepius" is the name of the god, and therefore the staff should properly be called the "rod of Asclepius" or something similar and not just "Asclepius" by itself.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I mean, like I said earlier, I'm not a Sylvain fan or anything, but his Forging Bonds conversations honestly put him in an even more negative light for me than he was already. I already thought he sometimes pushed things too far in Three Houses, and here it's like they're doing exactly that again.

Getting Rhea reminds me of a minor nitpick I have about her and True Dragon Wall: it doesn't require the ACTUAL Dragon Wall skills to learn True Dragon Wall, so instead of having Dragon Walls 1, 2, and 3, she just has True Dragon Wall, also meaning she is purely Atk/Res Scowl 4 fodder (which isn't a bad thing I guess, since that means no SI confusion)

Kinda wish they'd change the name... there really aren't any other Prf skills like this.

Edited by Xenomata

Logically, True Dragon Wall implicitly suggests that the other Dragon Walls are fake, rather than just being lesser versions of the same thing. You can't turn a fake into the real thing.

I just realized that Cornelia would've been the perfect unit to release Still Water 3 on. But no, we get yet another unit with Atk/Res Solo 3. Sure, this is the first 4-star source for Atk/Res Solo 3 that isn't time-gated, but there are already plenty of sources of the skill in the standard summoning pool.

It's also not like Still Water is a skill that's in particularly high demand, either, as it's basically only used by units that need out-of-combat Res and can't afford to lose Atk and units that need out-of-combat Atk and don't need Spd (or can't afford to lose Res). That's not a lot of units, but it would still be nice to have a source of the skill that isn't time-gated so that it's actually viable to get the skill fodder at all.

Excluding Cornelia, Atk/Res Solo 3 is on 2 4-star Special Heroes, 3 units in the 4-star SR pool, 2 units in the 5-star pool, 4 units in the Legendary/Mythic pool, and 1 5-star Special Hero.

In contrast, Still Water is on 2 units in the Legendary/Mythic pool and 2 5-star Special Heroes and is still not in the standard summoning pool at all.

Have to say, adoring the friendship blooming in Sylvain's FB convoes. 🙂 I hope we get a harmonic hero out of it someday!

• 2 weeks later...