New Heroes & Rearmed Ingrid

This is easy a skip. Nothing here is a must have.

Pretty disappointed that Ashe is not they only Blue Lions without normal version. I wished they had not put him on the Spring banner, and had him here as a colorless archer. Made Sylvain a lance unit, sharing color with Ingrid, wouldn't be base as well.

Rhea as a dragon again, for the 4th time, is also disappointing.

I wonder if Cornelia will be a red tome unit... We still didn't get our yearly red tome GHB yet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I wasn't expecting a repeat type for rearmed this soon. Should've at least gotten a rearmed dagger first unless we did already and it completely slipped my mind.

You remember correctly. We're missing dagger, staff, blue tome, and green tome out of the base weapon types, as well as colorless tome and beast if they ever decide to give Rearmed weapons to those types.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wonder if Cornelia will be a red tome unit... We still didn't get our yearly red tome GHB yet.

Cornelia did have a Prf staff in Three Houses (Asclepius....which actually debuted in Tokyo Mirage Sessions apparently).

Cornelia is still much more likely to be a red tome unit, but it would be wild if we got two Grail staff units with Prf weapons in the same month.

Atk/Spd Finish 4 and Godlike Reflexes finally being added to the standard summoning pool is nice. Felix is basically a Flame Lyn that doesn't lose his pre-charged Godlike Reflexes if he can't counterattack, which is quite good. He also trades Lyn's Guard and mini Ruptured Sky for more damage reduction. Overall, he looks like a very solid unit.

The new Scowl series brings Brave/Ascended Tiki's pre-combat Special drain as an inheritable skill, which is really cool, and is probably going to be the new best-in-slot skill for any dragons with high Res that can't run or don't have a reason to run Finish. It's worth noting that its name in Japanese translates as "dragon eye", so it's probably exclusive to dragons.

No Atk/Spd Catch 3 again. Seriously, what the fuck.

Arcane Luin is fine. It's an Arcane lance that's more suited for faster units.

Ingrid having Near Trace in her A slot is really awkward. I think it's still worth giving her S/D Near Trace in her B slot for skill inheritance purposes, though, even if she'll never use it herself.

Guard Bearing 4 is great for Spring Maria. So is Spd/Def Hold. I'm rather surprised that they made Guard Bearing 4's obligatory stat boosts be Spd/Def debuffs instead of a more defensive Atk/Spd debuff.

Translation notes will be later tonight when I'm back home.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Regardless of how I feel about this banner I have to pull. I've been waiting for atk/spd bulwark since bulwark skills first existed.

Forgot we were getting new heroes soon.

Anyway, this kind of feels like old news to me, even though Ingrid, Sylvain and Felix being grouped together makes sense, given their history. Rhea's kind of the odd one out here, though. That said, none of these guys are tempting me. It was kind of funny that Sylvain said to let him know if he was coming on too strong...and then was shown to be the obvious demote. Not strong enough, buddy.

Edit: This is a 2:2 gender ration regular banner, though, which I find impressive. IS likes their 3:1 in favor of females.

Edited by Mercakete

Stats [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

drv2fhp2hdua1.png

Ingrid
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Res

Felix
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res

Rhea
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk, Spd
*Atk/Res Scowl is restricted to dragons. Movement type doesn't matter.

Sylvain
Super Asset(s): Def, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk
*Spur Atk/Def 2 is the 4* unlock because of course.

Cornelia
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): Def

Cornelia's skill kit [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/12p1qoi/cornelia_stats_assets_and_skills/

She actually did get Ascelpius. 

Atk/Res Solo 3 is the 4* unlock.

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Cornelia did have a Prf staff in Three Houses (Asclepius....which actually debuted in Tokyo Mirage Sessions apparently).

Cornelia is still much more likely to be a red tome unit, but it would be wild if we got two Grail staff units with Prf weapons in the same month.

You have your wish.

cornelia_saint_consumed.png

So we're now getting grail units with prf staffs?

Ethlyn and Eremiya should get weapon refines. As should the other 3-4 star staff units.

And the usual translation notes now that I'm back at my desk:

The banner name, "New Heroes & Rearmed Ingrid", is "新英雄&魔器イングリット" (shin'eiyū & maki inguritto), "New Heroes and Arcane Weapon Ingrid". At this point, I think I'm just going to settle with translating "魔器" (maki), "magic weapon", as "Arcane Weapon" everywhere it is used, i.e. both as the Hero type and in the weapon name.

Felix's epithet, "Lone-Wolf Blade", is "孤狼の剣" (korō no tsurugi), "Solitary-Wolf Sword". Still allergic to swords.

Lone Wolf is "一匹狼の鋭剣" (ippiki ōkami no eiken), "Sharp Sword of the Lone Wolf". Still avoiding calling anything a sword.

Atk/Spd Bulwark is "攻撃速さの防壁" (kōgeki hayasa no bōheki), "Atk/Spd Bulwark".

Rhea's epithet, "Loving Matriarch", is "白き慈母" (shiroki jibo), "White Loving Mother".

Revealing Breath is "福音のブレス" (fukuin no buresu), "Breath of the Gospel".

Atk/Res Scowl is "攻撃魔防の竜眼" (kōgeki mabō no ryūgan), "Atk/Res Dragon's Eye".

Sylvain's epithet, "Consummate Flirt", is "口説き上手の" (kudoki jōzu no), "Who Is Good At Flirting". Like with Olivia and Gatekeeper, Sylvain's epithet is grammatically an adjective modifying his name instead of a standalone epithet, which is possible because epithets in Japanese are written in front of the character's name with no punctuation in between (sometimes a space, but spaces don't have a grammatical function in Japanese). As such, the equivalent of "Sylvain: Consummate Flirt" is written in Japanese as "口説き上手のシルヴァン" (kudoki jōzu no shiruvan), which translates as "Sylvain, who is good at flirting" (or more literally, "Sylvain, the good-at-flirting").

Allied Axe is "共闘の斧" (kyōtō no ono), "Joint-Combat Axe".

Ingrid's epithet, "Beacon of Honor", is "輝ける騎士道へ" (kagayakeru kishidō e), "Towards Shining Chivalry". Or more literally, "having a destination of a chivalry that can shine".

Arcane Luin is "魔器・魔槍ルーン" (maki: masō rūn), "Arcane Weapon: Arcane Lance, Luin".

Knightly Devotion is "忠義の槍" (chūgi no yari), "Lance of Loyalty" or "Lance of Devotion".

Guard Bearing is "警戒姿勢" (keikai shisei), "Vigilant Posture".

Cornelia's epithet, "Saint Consumed", is "豹変した聖女" (hyōhen shita seijo), "Suddenly Changed Saint".

Asclepius is "アスクレピオス" (asukurepiosu), "Asklepios". The Japanese pronunciation of Asclepius's name is based on his original Greek name instead of his Latin name, which the English spelling is based off of.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Man Cornelia is so good, its like Young L'Arachel but better (or not). 

I mean, disabling counterattacks is very useful, and the condition to activate the effect is easy. L`Arachel PRF effect lasrlts whole turn tho, while this effect will be usefull only for the first ally who engage and not after that.

Edited by AimizuK

5 minutes ago, AimizuK said:

L`Arachel PRF effect lasrlts whole turn tho, while this effect will be usefull only for the first ally who engage and not after that.

What do you mean? As far as I can tell, it's the same status effect.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

What do you mean? As far as I can tell, it's the same status effect.

Im confused by descriptions. "Status preventing counterattacks on that foe through its next action" means the foe won't be able to counteattack only once, or maybe all times the foe is engaged until end of the turn? Because I am pretty sure L'Arachel effect works until end of turn, not only once. But yes, I just checked it and she has the same effect than Cornelia "through its next action".

In this case, Cornelia staff is much better since it can target multiple foes around the whole map, not only the closest ones.

16 minutes ago, AimizuK said:

Im confused by descriptions. "Status preventing counterattacks on that foe through its next action" means the foe won't be able to counteattack only once, or maybe all times the foe is engaged until end of the turn? Because I am pretty sure L'Arachel effect works until end of turn, not only once. But yes, I just checked it and she has the same effect than Cornelia "through its next action".

In this case, Cornelia staff is much better since it can target multiple foes around the whole map, not only the closest ones.

"Through its next action" is how all penalties work: they last until the next time the affected unit ends its turn.

6 hours ago, Midnox said:

Can’t decide between Ingrid or Rhea

Ingrid won't be added to the standard summoning pool after this banner, and Rearmed Heroes aren't yet known to appear on "Heroes with x skill" and similar banners. Rhea will.

I don't know your circumstances, but that's enough to sway things for me, at least.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh Sylvain, will you ever be decent to woman? He's the one pushing his service in combat on the girls in a manner two out of three seem to find obnoxious. Then when Sharena humors him by saying she'll be counting on him he pouts about her ''only counting on his crest''. 

Yeah, I've always found that whole thing grating. Other characters with crests don't seem to experience the objectification he claims, it feels like he just wants to flirt with women while having an excuse to hate them.

Edited by Othin