How do you actually access the Fell Xenologue's

Jotari

All the info online just talks about needing to have the DLC bought and reached chapter 6, but I'm at end game and it's just not popping up anywhere. I thought something would show when I finished all the DLC Emblem paralogues but nope. I've seen some information saying you access it from the well? But the well just says there's nothing there right now...so what gives? Is it actually accessed somewhere else or do I need to uninstall my game or something?

First, you complete the little event where you get some weapons from the well at the behest of the armorer. Then you can use the well.

14 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oh yes, you can buy weapons in this game.

The weapons from this event are unique, with French names; Revanche the axe, and the Represailles lance.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Holy cow is this difficult. Why give a stave to a unit that can't use staves unless you specifically give them Micaiah!?

>Nil should not be on the frontlines but he’s a great support unit!

>can’t even use the one staff in his inventory

5 hours ago, Anathaco said:

I'm baffled. Is it an oversight or something? He's such an awful unit. Giving him Micaiah and making him a staff bot is about all you can do with him, but even that he sucks at since he starts each chapter without any staves meaning you need to maneuver him to Alear to pull a stolen stave from the convoy (provided you remember to toss some staves there for him to us). And his bloody axe weighs him down so much he gets doubled by anything (not that that matters as his hp is so low he'll die in one hit anyway). He's probably and appreciable extra body to hit stuff in lower difficulties but in Maddening he's just plain awful. And the other two dlc characters both have two weapons in their base class, why not just give him staves, I mean, other than the one he has and doesn't use. It feels like a genuine fuck up, like he was meant to have staves and someone just plain forgot to add them to the class somehow.

Edited by Jotari

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

Holy cow is this difficult. Why give a stave to a unit that can't use staves unless you specifically give them Micaiah!?

7 hours ago, Anathaco said:

LOL
Have they ever spelled out this explicitly that a unit is that useless before? Past games have made it a point to mention that priests, clerics and troubadours cannot fight, so I don't think those count. Especially since those same classes are generally respectable attackers when promoted.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I'm baffled. Is it an oversight or something? He's such an awful unit. Giving him Micaiah and making him a staff bot is about all you can do with him, but even that he sucks at since he starts each chapter without any staves meaning you need to maneuver him to Alear to pull a stolen stave from the convoy (provided you remember to toss some staves there for him to us). And his bloody axe weighs him down so much he gets doubled by anything (not that that matters as his hp is so low he'll die in one hit anyway). He's probably and appreciable extra body to hit stuff in lower difficulties but in Maddening he's just plain awful. And the other two dlc characters both have two weapons in their base class, why not just give him staves, I mean, other than the one he has and doesn't use. It feels like a genuine fuck up, like he was meant to have staves and someone just plain forgot to add them to the class somehow.

Or giving him Corrin, and having him use Dragon Vein to hinder enemies.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Or giving him Corrin, and having him use Dragon Vein to hinder enemies.

That's certainly a use, but then I don't have Corrin on anyone else to spam dreadful aura.

The hardest part of the FX is keeping Nil alive lol. I used him as a staff bot with Micaiah mostly.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

The inventory management is pretty obnoxious too. Unequip all will become your friend.

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

The hardest part of the FX is keeping Nil alive lol. I used him as a staff bot with Micaiah mostly.

The inventory management is pretty obnoxious too. Unequip all will become your friend.

Do tell. I need intel. Inventory-wise.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 5/6/2023 at 8:48 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Do tell. I need intel. Inventory-wise.

Everyone has a fixed inventory based on their level and class, but these can be shuffled around pre-battle.

However, guest part members (i.e. everyone new to FX) can't change inventories, so you either need to put them next to Alear and access the convoy OR put whatever you want to give them on another character and trade it to them... but both of these can only be done during battle. That... really feels like an oversight.