kdanger arts

Inactive Account

just halfway fixed my laptop, clearly it's time to start spewing art all over the internet

some homestuck

6fzsX.png

and some character design for a game (click for dA version that has descriptions and nice things)

tunnelers_by_kdanger13-d5etyiz.png

and CARDS (dA links)

CARDS WITH HOMESTUCKS

CARDS WITH ZELDAS

CARDS WITH POKEMONS

CARDS WITH MORE HOMESTUCKS

CARDS WITH PONIES

and hmmm sure I'll make up a queue list of shit I need to do

listy thing

--Ridiculously grandiose commish for offline friend

--Psychonauts card commish for offline friend

--Return of the Emblem character commish for slaveblade

--Ezio for roymbrog

--LoAF character lineup part 2 (Scorri and Phoenix's dudes)

--Donna Noble painting

--that ancient request Psych took out with the Problem Sleuth guys

--punchdragon 3D model for game

--???

asdf if there any real and relevant requests that are still in the system then pls tell me and I will add them

Edited by kdanger

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go agaaaiiiinnn

RYpp9.png

clicks for the bigs

and here's the no-color body type reference http://i.imgur.com/MsjKr.jpg

Left-to-right:

Tiria: (player character) Wandering swordswoman who recently found a job guarding a snappish 13-year-old noble. Scorri's dude.

Professor Arich Branxton: Academy research mage. Life's desire is to be left alone to do research. Of course that will never happen. Scorri's dude.

Miranda: Shapeshifting demon, previously a human magic teacher (shenanigans occurred). Phoenix's dude.

Jasmine: Pegasus knight. That's about all I can remember. Phoenix's dude.

Viveka: (player character) Pegasus knight, really wishes she had a desk job rather than running around with the player group. Jasmine's superior. Phoenix's dude.

Isotov: (player character) Fire mage with a cursed weapon and a really unfortunate past. Phoenix's dude.

Irina: (player character) Isotov's sister, a wyvern rider, generally more cheerful. Phoenix's dude.

Nemesis: ??? Phoenix's dude.

Shanice: Shapeshifting demon who keeps terrorizing the player party. Phoenix's dude.

Lev: Mercenary wyvern rider. Phoenix's dude.

Ivanko: Isotov's father, Irina's uncle (awkward family history much), previous mercenary, recently conqueror of his home country via a very quick, isolated instance of civil war. Phoenix's dude.

Ixion: Ivanko's adopted son and minion. Messes with the dark arts a lot. Phoenix's dude.

Daneka: Antagonistic pegasus knight. Phoenix's dude.

Helenos: Secondary antagonist, also zombie dragon, also Tanair's miscreant little sister. Phoenix's dude.

Stephanie: Healer who is basically fed up with all the shenanigans that keep going on. Phoenix's dude.

These RP character designs really take me back to a decade ago when I first started RPing and drawing the RP characters...

Anyway, I think there's a lot of good work going on here. Pretty solid posing. The feet especially look nice and firm on the ground. One suggestion I can make to improving the direction of the hips. For characters that use a lot of reference, you can already see it happening and it looks good, but for some of the characters like Jasmine, it's good to analyze what happens to the hips relative to the shoulders, where the chest tend to barrel out and then the hips tilt with the curve of the back. In a standing pose like Jasmine's, I would push out the ribs a little bit to make the chest area more dimensional. Following through, the outfit would need to change a little bit, but I think your drawing is almost there. Example below!

kdanger_jasmine.jpg

Ah, thanks!

I can see what you mean with Jasmine but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by characters that use a lot of reference? I did use reference images for the designs (Phoenix's sprites mostly) but not for posing, so... confus.

also I should probably keep the listy thing going so I remember what I'm supposed to be doing

listy thing

--Return of the Emblem character commish for slaveblade

--Ezio for roymbrog

--LoAF character lineup part 3 (Cynthia, Bal, Rothene, Eclipse)

--Donna Noble painting

--punchdragon 3D model for game programming class

--???

--art assets for next game design homework

--art assets for building on previous game design homework

and so this post isn't completely boring (note: flickery/fast-moving animation):

previews of coming attractions

oh yeah that leads me to a query

I'm turning out a bunch of small games for this game design class I'm in, and I want to hang my scribbles on the fridge show the internet my work. For anyone who's actually interested in playing the things, I'm putting a poll in the topic re: how to best present them, so gogogo

Edited by kdanger

Ah, thanks!

I can see what you mean with Jasmine but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by characters that use a lot of reference? I did use reference images for the designs (Phoenix's sprites mostly) but not for posing, so... confus.

Well, even if you didn't intentionally reference a pose from the outfit reference, I feel like it does seep into the pose regardless. I end up doing the same thing when drawing outfits from reference unless I'm using references from multiple poses and positions. So for like, Lev, when you reference the armor from the Haar edit, you're still using some established angles from the reference, whether you're conscience of it or not. I just thought I'd point it out! But it's good to analyze why you used a certain pose based off the reference you were given and answer some internal questions. In no way am I implying that it's a bad thing, but being aware of similarities to an established look of the character your referencing is a launching point for determining what is "good" and "bad" about certain poses.

(I'm sorry if this is hard to follow, I'm pretty bad at explaining things sometimes ;_;)

Edited by Samias

Huh. I did most of the underdrawings before looking at the sprites (trying to separate the attitude of the character from the limitations of sprite posing) but I guess there was still some influence. I dunno.

also it was super nice out today and bright colors are great, clearly that means it's time to befriend SAI's brush tool and draw randoms from campus

randomspreview.png

mkay i lied one of those isn't a random

blackrosegreensunpreview.png

dammit kdanger don't you ever draw anything relevant it's all homestuck

[spoiler=wait is that a sketch of something fire emblemish]tZA7Z.png

wait

...that's wyvern rider terezi

dammit.

but yeah something's gone horribly wrong with her left arm (it's supposed to go in front of her body to lean on her knee) not sure what do

Huh, looks like Nepeta to me :V I feel like for the arm it's just a matter of what's comfortable. i tried to sit like this and putting my arm across my body was pretty awkward to begin with so i think you might just want to re-think the pose if anything. maybe put that arm on her other leg or somethin'

Probably the horns on the headband/lack of glasses, horns will be edited, not sure if want to add glasses. Pose fix to come, meanwhile I've been finishing up this thing: (click for big)

juyzl.png

lines and underdrawings (petros' underdrawings are a bit weird due to editing late in the drawing)

Left-to-right:

Petros: Rock-like demon charged with antagonizing the party. Cynthia's dude.

Tristan: (player character) Somewhat sheltered and currently exiled prince of Septimus. Cynthia's dude. (Yes, his design is entirely based on Levail.)

Morgan: (player character) Stern taskmaster dark magic user with no social skills. Cynthia's dude.

Charlotte: (player character) The team Disney Princess. Becoming less Disneyish as time passes. Sort of. Cynthia's dude.

Xenia: Mercenary wyvern rider currently hired against the player party. Cynthia's dude. (Design primarily based on Petrine.)

Tessa: (player character) Everyone's favorite valkyrie. Balcerzak's dude.

Helios: (player character) Asshole prince. Well, sort of. Wind mage. Balcerzak's dude.

Iris: (maybe player character?) Zaftran lieutenant serving under General Borodin (see lineup 1) assigned as bodyguard to Isotov and Irina (see lineup 2). Balcerzak's dude.

Midori: Amnesiac ex-soldier, lance wielder. Eclipse's dude.

Hainam: Nomad sniper, making a living off of hunting due to current period of banishment because of laziness. Rothene's dude.

[spoiler=Spontaneous Star Wars sketchdump]tumblr_mbx56y1OqT1r211fmo1_500.png

So then I somehow wound up watching those 2003 Clone Wars shorts. Which were actually pretty neat-looking, even when the plot fell flat a bit. Then I realized that I hadn't drawn Star Wars in friggin' FOREVER.

Well, I wasn't entirely all geared up to draw Clone Wars fanart, (Anakin's a jerk forever etc) but I figured I could scratch out some stuff from the Thrawn Trilogy, because I will never not love those books. I'm not really into much of the literary EU but anything by Timothy Zahn is pretty great. Hell, I need to reread those again. Been a while.

So here's a Mara Jade, a Grand Admiral Thrawn, and a Karrde being all "we got into WHAT kind of trouble with a jedi now?"

Probably more of these jerks to appear when I reread the books on break.

also

listy thing

--Return of the Emblem character commish for slaveblade (~3/4 done)

--Ezio for roymbrog (almost done)

--LoAF character lineup part 4 (Snike, Ether, $third_player)

--Donna Noble painting

--punchdragon 3D model for game programming class

--???

--art assets for building on character creation minigame

--art assets for Project Wings

Edited by kdanger

[spoiler=unexpected sketchdump]oh_look_a_random_sketchdump_by_kdanger13-d5i228u.png

doodlesss wow this is a lot of random characters though

top row: Mulan, Mara Jade getting one of her "YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER" headaches, Dr. Horrible daydreaming, Sollux being the smuggest little shit, Soren from Fire Emblem

Middle row: "Captain Jack Harkness, and you are?", Natasha "I'm busy, Coulson", Kelas (original character), San (I was getting a bit worn out, she was the last one I drew)

bottom row: Col. Mustang ("Get in loser, we're going shopping.*"), Meg, Lin Bei Fong, Keladry of Mindelan

wow I have a lot of fandoms okay

this was good practice I should keep doing these

Edited by kdanger

Woo I recognized like half of them immediately. It's funny because if you had posed Lin Bei Fong in a different way I probably wouldn't have understood who it was right away--dat pose is so right for her. Anyways, my favorite is the Mara Jade pose :u You should expand on it!

Woo I recognized like half of them immediately. It's funny because if you had posed Lin Bei Fong in a different way I probably wouldn't have understood who it was right away--dat pose is so right for her. Anyways, my favorite is the Mara Jade pose :u You should expand on it!

Thanks! Recognizability is certainly what I was going for. IIRC Lin was like second or third last and I was getting a bit tired, so I derped up her face shape a bit, but glad the pose is recognizable.

I think it'd be really cool to see you clean those sketches up and color them or something.

sure why not

also today's theme is aliens I guess?

[spoiler=but you only get four new ones today cos i'm tired]oh_look_another_random_sketchdump_by_kdanger13-d5i5dlk.png

Edited by kdanger

went home and played a bit of fe9, results forthcoming but not yet

[spoiler=sketchdump]oh_look_another_random_sketchdump_by_kdanger13-d5irzah.png

orange: very angry Lethe from FE9-10

green and blue: concepts for a game i'm making for class

grey: a snazzy lookin dude I saw on campus

dark brown: Arrin from LoAF, some 10-15 years older than current

light brown: the derpyass animal that lives in my parents' house and occasionally destroys stuff when you're not looking and then tries to avoid your wrath by rolling on his back and looking ridiculous at you

[spoiler=Kelas sketch]kelas__fire_by_kdanger13-d5iruav.png

this sat around for a couple months until i remembered to finish it