kdanger arts

Inactive Account

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo this one's pretty too. I like how soft the cloud looks, and yet it still looks like paint. You're good at that. I like the colors you used, too.

it's called the Kuler tool and basically makes it super easy to nicely coordinate colors

oh damn those colors look good together

I want to know more about this tool :O

Also really liking the stained glass-looking picture <3

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I remember this from earlier ... how do you draw so ... symmetrically? :blink:

I cannot tell a lie, there were a few instances of flip abuse in that one (eyes, forearms) >_>;

Underdrawings also help though, I will sometimes use a ruler if I'm doing underdrawings for a front view so that I can make sure that things line up right.

oh damn those colors look good together

I want to know more about this tool :O

Also really liking the stained glass-looking picture <3

oh my, Lumi has visited my humble thread~

You get the Kuler tab by going to Window->Extensions.

[spoiler=example]JtJWS.png

And thanks <3

Oh hey so it's a color scheme picker, that's pretty neat.

I'd like to see you maybe do the rest of the kids that way, as sort of a difference than how you did the trolls.

the sufferer is still the best

Being a jackass aside, I like the thing you did with the gills being connected to the ears like that. I never really thought of them being like that and it looks kind of cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, with the gallery show open, we are go for posting!

So for the past three weeks I've been working on (among other things) a 2D hand-drawn animation for my 2D media studio. This is the result, and while it's not entirely what I want it to be, it's still at a point where I'm willing to share it.

The main thing I want to change is the ending, since I ran out of time and it's really unclear and static, but that's going to have to wait until after classes.

Next up is a more extensive set of concept sketches for the fish.

eta: by the way, you probably want to watch this in high quality if your computer can handle it, since HD is supported

Edited by kdanger

Wow, that was good. The only thing is that I think the feet were a little too noodley (like, bending any which way instead of showing resistance to the water causing them to propel the fishie person.) That really told a story, though and the art and the animation over-all was very good. I'm impressed.

I AM JUST MADE OF UPDATES TODAY

remember this kid

upderp

animationconcept_preview.png

Well, the storyboard I made her for didn't get voted in as one of the ones that would go on to become a group project, but I used her for the second individual homework. ta daaaaaa

Assignment was to model and rig a character, then animate a run cycle.

Known issues: feet go through the cloud at some points, hands look a little silly, and flying animation's a lot stiffer than I would like. Thinking about revisiting this for some fixes at some point.

Created in Autodesk Maya.