kdanger arts

Inactive Account

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, several years of riding probably doesn't hurt when it comes to figuring out how people fit into the saddle.

time for some shameless self-promotion of tutorials I dr--wait no that horse tutorial is old and ugly I need to redraw it before I can shamelessly promote it never mind

artstreamin'

Starting off with one of the characters for a game I'm working on, maybe some Tavros, maybe some original stuff too.

I may have people watching from multiple chats, so I'll only be talking to the JTV chat box while I do so this time, if you're trying to talk to me during the stream please use that

---done

Edited by kdanger

ZsMWo.jpg

SUDDENLY, 3D (again).

So yeah, started up with my first actual animation class. Maya is... kind of an obnoxious butt sometimes. BUT I managed to finish my first homework so here it is.

The assignment was just to model and light two objects, and animate at least one of them using non-linear deformers (not counting rigging, while some of us know how rigging works already it hasn't actually been taught yet)

SO THEN

I used blend shapes to animate the cat, there are a few hiccups with them but for a first animation I'm not too fussed. The floor looks a little argh because of shenanigans with applying the texture and the bump map at the same time, I didn't have time to get help on that before the project was due.

Open for crit as my stuff usually is, however please keep in mind that this is quite literally the first thing I ever made in Maya.

Edited by kdanger

Man, you did such a good job! My first animation can't compare (my first assignment was to make a ball interact with an environment.) I also love the meow at the end! I wasn't expecting more than the swishy tail, but then it ATE THE CHEEZBURGER and I was all "Hahaha! Ok, that was the suprise factor. That was a huge mouth!" and then it meowed and I was thoroughly satisfied. Great job!

Reactions thus far have been approximately 75% "aww cute!" to 25% "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT". I am pleased.

in other news I found a thing in Photoshop

it's called the Kuler tool and basically makes it super easy to nicely coordinate colors

so expect a bunch more lineless color practice soon, basically

also just finished watching through Avatar: The Last Airbender so expect both fanart and art influenced by it

so basically

firespirit_preview.png

Edited by kdanger

• 3 weeks later...

ahdfasklfjaslk;fjaklsklfsa I should have been doing homework for the past two hours but instead I did this for an art contest for a club I'm in:

aurorabackground.jpg

it's REALLY FRICKIN BIG and Photobucket hates that so bigger versions are over at my dA account Painting The Sky

haugh Photoshop brush abuse

edit: different starfield, more pink on the aurora, added details/smoothed edges/messed with contrast on person

aurorabackground-1.jpg

so we remember this shit right

there's a companion piece now

cloudspreview.png

also damn now I want to rework the original OH WELL MAYBE I'LL HAVE TIME EVENTUALLY

You have a very odd definition of "shit", as the piece in question was my wallpaper until my old computer died. I'd use the one you just posted for this computer, but the resolution's a bit too small.

mostly I'm just swearin on account of I am up too late

also download link on dA oughta give you a right huge version of it, considering that it's made for pringint, or I can give you a monitor-shrinky version of the original

edit: this is a 1280x720 version

also I'm leaving the "printing" typo in because it amuses me too much to delete

Edited by kdanger