kdanger arts

Inactive Account

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yours is already in the queue.

Also since tonight is apparently a night for uploading: more art class stuff.

GOUACHE. Daaaaaaaang I had a hard time with that stuff. Not sure if I want to try it again. I have never really taken to anything remotely paint-like, I have a really hard time controlling brushes.

SO there's that recurring blue-haired person that I will make a game of one day honest

leap_preview.png

aaaaaaand holy crap it's a landscape what is this I don't even (based on a photo I took while roofsploring at school, though this is an area that students are actually allowed to access)

numbergarden_preview.png

Works for me! REQUESTS CLOSED.

Current Queue

-Homestucks: Tavros and Eridan to finish off the trolls, most likely followed by the kids/guardians/maybe ancestors, in whatever order. This is going to be an ongoing thing.

-LoAF art: Currently only has one request which keeps getting delayed by the requester.

-Dragon WIP: Giant friggin' dragon, why did I scan it in so big.

-one commission

-Mew: request from earlier (Merc)

-Halloween Problem Sleuth Team: current request (Psych)

-Chiaroscuro monstrosity: current request (Hika)

-Alexis (orange hair and throwy thing): current request (Eclipse)

Stuff will be posted as I get done with it.

Edited by Kiryn

I've never really liked anything that involves a brush because I have a much harder time controlling brushes than I do with pens or pencils, and it's less forgiving than anything that can be erased or ctrl-z'd. I think the number garden picture turned out better than usual because I basically went "it's 2AM, screw control, I'm just going to make giant brushstrokes everywhere and hang the consequences." Not really satisfied with the other one because I think there's a lot more I could have done with it if I'd worked out how to properly control brightness (a lot of the white turned out real watery in places where I wanted solid).

The other problem with gouache is it's expensive >_> and in general traditional work is, I never really appreciated the problem of buying paper for everything until this semester. I do have a couple of tubes of white and blue still sitting around, if I magically get my hands on a bunch of time and illustration board I might use them, otherwise I dunno.

Edited by Kiryn

• 2 weeks later...

here have a thing I drew to decompress from finals stress a bit

wingskidpreview.png

Man I don't even know. Not really sure what I was even going for other than hair color, kid facial features, and silly tiny anime wings.

Real art will commence later, next week or somethin.

screw bbcode tags today i can't remember what order stuff goes in

Oh, more related to the rest of the thread than this-- I know I could use some criticism especially on the bigger pieces, is there any of that to be found around here?

Edited by Kiryn

So here's a preview of the nicest-looking of the five reasons I've been dead lately:

SK6dk.jpg

The other four are exam papers and you don't get to see them.

Better pic once it's done and I get at it with something that isn't my webcam.

Also have a picture of a giant shitty mess aka the studio. Only a few of the paper scraps on the left-hand side in that picture are my fault. I don't even.

[spoiler=terrible]UKuN8.jpg

Edited by Kiryn

Wish I saw there was a stream sooner. :>_<:

Edit: Darn face go into the post when I tell you to and stop erasing anything I put after the face.

Edited by Mercakete

• 4 weeks later...

THREE REQUESTS DOWN one to go

Merc

mewpreview.png

Hika

regigigabominationpreview.png

Clipse

alexistwewypreview.png

and seeing as how Bal has gone and avatar'd it I may as well show this one off as well [content note: spider]

spidergirlpreview.png

Current Queue (disorder forever)

-Homestucks: Tavros and Eridan to finish off the trolls, most likely followed by the kids/guardians/maybe ancestors, in whatever order. This is going to be an ongoing thing.

-LoAF art: Currently only has one request which keeps getting delayed by the requester.

-Dragon WIP: Giant friggin' dragon, why did I scan it in so big.

-Halloween Problem Sleuth Team: current request (Psych)

-Alexis retrace/color

-Character portraits for game project

Bonus: Body type comparison planning for the portraits the queue mentioned. (Will release portraits as a finished set when they are done.)

[spoiler=big]charactercompare.png

Eeeeee!!!~<3 Thank you, Kiryn! I love my shiny mew at the Rainbow Cloud!~ And you should play Pokemon Snap. It's fun and brings you back to when there were only 152 (counting togepi and mew) pokemon. :3

Wow, this is incrediable, Kiryn! Amazing job! The pose is natural, the proportions are astounding, everything is where it should be, the eye can travel freely across the piece... Amazing job!

Aw, thanks! I'm pretty sure the arms are a little bit long, but other than that the only thing I'd really change is the feet (I got several comments to the effect of "y u no draw toes" in studio crit, and I think I agree.)

shadow of the colossus fanaaaaaart (this is from earlier in the year, just scanned it)

sotcsketchpreview.png

Cool! SotC is awesome, and that fight was one of my favorites. Although I'm having trouble remembering if it actually ever attacked. The scale of the desert is amazing.

The saddest thing about the fight was that Phalanx (as far as I can recall) was the only one that never fought back. It tried to throw you off, and that was it. At the end of the fight I felt like the worst person for killing something so peaceful and majestic. Should have kept it as a pet instead :<