nepeta_preview.png

NOT TROLL

[spoiler=random character]205vcdl.jpg

no Phoenix it isn't remotely based on me before you ask

DIFFERENT KIND OF TROLL

[spoiler=ROOMMATE]becausefire.jpg

dunp

[spoiler=bluh]hmcdump.jpg

top left: Howl (from Howl's Moving Castle, book version) is a pansy-ass who doesn't want to live without his hair dye

top right: TROLL ROMANCE

bottom left: Howl (from Howl's Moving Castle, Miyazaki's film version) is voiced by Christian Bale aka Batman in the English dub that my sister insisted we watch, voice does not fit at all, THIS IS INCREDIBLY SILLY

bottom right: my dog is dumb

Oh, and @Marthur:

--Floaty effect is intentional, they're not really standing on anything.

--Scooted Feferi up so her foot's partially cut off. I'll post the fixed version later so that I don't imagespam this post too much.

--Yeah, I wasn't sure about adding the pies to Gamzee (the last one), it just seemed like that space was bizarrely blank without them. Will repost a de-pied version along with the fixed Feferi next post.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Kiryn

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ first pic:

Are you breeding trolls?

@ second pic:

Okay, then, a different comment. It's really well done overall but the proportions seem a little off. Like, if you look at just the top half for a minute, you get an idea of her overall body type, and then you scroll down to the legs and they seem a bit too big, and vice versa.

@ third pic:

I see that happens a lot.

@ fourth pic:

Trooooooolls @_@

Edited by Phoenix

Troll is nice. I kind of like its headgear.

NOT TROLL

[spoiler=random character]205vcdl.jpg

no Phoenix it isn't remotely based on me before you ask

Legs should be one head taller. :E

DIFFERENT KIND OF TROLL

[spoiler=ROOMMATE]becausefire.jpg

Okay, so the first character is desynchronized.

rws29g.png

Don't ever do that again because you'll be killed. ;~; I actually know that from experience... >A>

Ever heard of Muybridge? Because his work should help you.

dunp

top left: Howl (from Howl's Moving Castle, book version) is a pansy-ass who doesn't want to live without his hair dye

I hated Howl because of this.

Oh, and @Marthur:

--Floaty effect is intentional, they're not really standing on anything.

--Yeah, I wasn't sure about adding the pies to Gamzee (the last one), it just seemed like that space was bizarrely blank without them. Will repost a de-pied version along with the fixed Feferi next post.

Thanks for the help!

-Alright then.

-Wait. They're pies!?

Edited by Marthur

The running one was a fifteen minute bus doodle, didn't really have references and was mostly going for comedy there. :S I only have so many "don't do X, profs will kill me" slots and they're all full of ways to write bad code I've been using the Muybridge stuff for animating, guess I don't have it memorized yet.

(Gamzee calls them pies, nobody knows if he actually does anything other than pour slime into a pie dish and call it that, just roll with it...)

fixed things:

[spoiler=fixed some stuff with Vriska's hand and shoes]2q83gjn.png

[spoiler=moved Feferi]2ez6vxf.png

[spoiler=Gamzee minus slime pies]11lscvs.png

Edited by Kiryn

MOAR THINGS

TROLL

sollux_preview.png

and that puts me halfway through the trolls!

and Utsuho, for Utsuho Reiuji (currently Shu Shirakawa)

utsuho_preview.png

The Utsuho pic is so big that even deviantArt's fullview won't show the whole thing. Click the image to get to the dA page, and then you can click download if you reeeeeeeeally want full fullview.

Edited by Kiryn

The Utsuho pic is so big that even deviantArt's fullview won't show the whole thing. Click the image to get to the dA page, and then you can click download if you reeeeeeeeally want full fullview.

That's what I like to hear. I like my art in absurd resolution.

• 2 weeks later...

fencejumphomework_preview.png

Drew this for art class. I really like how the color/lighting turned out, I need to do more of that.

Probably going to fix the pose soon. When I was first doing the planning sketches I had it without the arms crossed (y'know, like makes sense for jumping a fence from the left side of the picture to the right) but for some reason I thought that didn't make sense, so I changed it. It took me a couple days away from the picture to realize how weird it looked. It's the sort of stupid trying-to-look-cool stunt the character would pull, but I question how well it does with the laws of physics. Once my graphics class isn't owning my ass, I'll fix the shoulders and arms.

The fullview is huge because I drew it at print resolution; if you want to see it, click through the image and find the download link on the dA page. It is entirely too big.

Edited by Kiryn

Doodle time! Drew a lady Fighter while I was supposed to be taking notes. Bad kdanger. No cookie. (And hide that blue mechanical pencil lead so you can't do the sketchy thing with the outliney thing again, it spoils you rotten and keeps you from your math.)

axelady.jpg

She was fun to draw, I might have to draw her again on tablet. I dunno what she does but she is probably too honorable to be a bandit. I'll let my creative process do its stuff (read: come up with dumb ideas outta nowhere as per usual.)

[spoiler=Lumi Lumi I did it Lumi~]syxe6q.jpg

Fighter lady again. Tentatively named Marianne now. I will probably end up using her for a game project I just joined, because turned based strategy and axes and goodness. I will probably also plunk her into photoshop and do a proper ink-and-color job once I reboot to Windows.