FE7 HHM 0% growths (with commentary) CANCELLED

dondon151

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs to proc speed a few times to reliably double generic foes later on, and his concrete durability could be better considering enemy density in HHM. I have a hard time seeing him remain amazing for that long if he was gradually growing weaker instead.

Download Nightmare and mod it yourself. It's not hard. A bit tedious, maybe, but unless you don't have windows (Nightmare doesn't work on macs for some strange reason and I don't know about Linux but I recall Jake saying he can't hack on one) it shouldn't be a problem.

100% growth is boring though, unless enemies are also 100% growths in which case it might be interesting. Otherwise you'd probably just end up killing everything to death and there won't be challenge left in the game.

Well, it may seem boring, but i just want to try it for fun...

So, i'm pretty new to hacking and stuff, is there a tutorial to mod it myself?

I don't think so unless you asm hack. The growth rates indicate a certain RN the system needs to roll between 0-99 and I don't think the system's built for doing negatives since nobody has them and it might not be coded to have the condition of "if negative growth then use that rn to indicate a decrease in stat instead of increase". But I'm not sure, test it if you want :D

Negative growths would involve changing level up mechanics, not actual growth rates. You'd simply make a successful roll decrease a stat rather than increase it. Viola, negative growths.

That's what I said, though I may not have been clear on it. I'm saying that in order to implement negative growths (alongside positive growths if you just want to have negatives in some stats and positive in others), the system would check for the condition of the growth rate being < 0, and then roll an RN using the absolute value of that integer for a chance to decrease said stat. However, since nobody in GBAFE actually has negative growths, I don't think that condition was put into place as the devs didn't make the game for people to hack into, and putting in that condition would just be unnecessary code.

• 3 years later...

Hi DD, have been using this as guidelines for my own HHM run. It is really great for it. Would / could you please upload the other chapters? Even without commentary those would be great to watch / follow. Thanks in advance anyway.