FE7 HHM 0% growths (with commentary) CANCELLED

dondon151

you wont be complaining when dondon finds the cure for cancer after becoming a doctor

If normal doctors could find a cure for cancer in 50 years, dondon could probably do it in 15 with judicious use of fliers and warp staves.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

this is dondon

he will inevitably trivialize the game in a way nobody ever thought of before and make us go "WHY HAVE WE NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE WITH GROWTH UNITS"

(i mean this is the guy who SSS'd fe5 with 0% growths)

These videos are awesome.

Have fun at Battle Before Dawn, though. smug.gif

Well if you have read the OP, all his turncounts are up. The run itself is already done, but he just need to commentate each video.

Hey! donny's 0% growths videos are back!

laugh.gif

How are you going to conquer BBD? Only one way to find out.

And nice to see that you're still making these videos, because I like your commentary.

Edited by Mercenary James

Well if you have read the OP, all his turncounts are up. The run itself is already done, but he just need to commentate each video.

...Oh yeah. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Totally forgot about that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...Well, guess I'm not sleeping tonight. This is awesome. Is there a patch for this anywhere?

P.S. Hey dondon151, I left a comment on a video of yours that's apparently over a year old. Whoops. If you want to get in a fiesty and exhilarating debate over how to pronounce "Guy," check it out.

EDIT: This post is strong evidence for not posting in a topic until you've actually read that topic.

Edited by Westbrick

Download Nightmare and mod it yourself. It's not hard. A bit tedious, maybe, but unless you don't have windows (Nightmare doesn't work on macs for some strange reason and I don't know about Linux but I recall Jake saying he can't hack on one) it shouldn't be a problem.

100% growth is boring though, unless enemies are also 100% growths in which case it might be interesting. Otherwise you'd probably just end up killing everything to death and there won't be challenge left in the game.

Is it possible for negative growths? (eg, 20% would become -20%, 80% to -80%, etc.)

Marcus would be even more superior than he already is.

I don't think so unless you asm hack. The growth rates indicate a certain RN the system needs to roll between 0-99 and I don't think the system's built for doing negatives since nobody has them and it might not be coded to have the condition of "if negative growth then use that rn to indicate a decrease in stat instead of increase". But I'm not sure, test it if you want :D

One interesting thing you could do if you implemented negative growths would be to have a Jeigan character who started with good stats for their level but who grew weaker in absolute terms the more you used them.