FE7 HHM 0% growths (with commentary) CANCELLED

dondon151

Being a person who's done commentary on the game (no I'm not saying I'm experienced), it isn't easy to really get excited over what you're doing really. I mean... it's pretty straightforward. Even I think I'm pretty dry at being cheerful with my commentary.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, I really like the informative style and I would yell and scream at everyone if it were damaged just because people want more "entertainment".

dondon's commentary will improve naturally as he continues to do it.

I had just assumed he had scripted out what he wanted to say and was reading off of it. It doesn't detract from the quality of it at all, though, unless he starts trying to crack jokes or something.

Either way, these are quite interesting, definitely looking forward especially to later chapters.

Can we all agree that he can continue as normal as long as he doesn't imitate the voices of characters? Probably my least favorite thing ever about most LPers.

Third.

Also, an interesting and informative "monotone" isn't that bad. As long as the commentary is saying something that's interesting about the game, how it's said isn't a huge deal. It's when people try to be funny or get cute with a monotone that it stops working.

Just a reminder to everyone, as I don't really feel like doing anything more about this at the moment.

2.2, and 2.2.1

Do not make one-line posts, unless it adds something new or interesting to a discussion. In other words, do not spam.

Likewise, do not just quote another member and simply write "I agree", "quoted for truth", "no", etc. In these cases, make sure to at least explain why you agree or disagree.

Anna says, "Care to expound on that thought?"

I had just assumed he had scripted out what he wanted to say and was reading off of it. It doesn't detract from the quality of it at all, though, unless he starts trying to crack jokes or something.

Scripting takes way too much time. I prepare a couple of notes beforehand and usually just ad lib.

The point of the commentary is more like a lecture on Fire Emblem than anything else. I'm sure we're all familiar with the nuances of the plot.

Edited by dondon151

Chapter 13:

About the 5 turn strategy that I was talking about: I didn't actually execute the strategy to completion, but I am 99% sure that it can be done. As I stated in the video, Marcus solos the south route and Matthew follows just far enough behind to recruit Guy, while all other units go the west route and prioritize clearing the path for Lowen. Marcus should have enough movement to just barely reach the tile in front of Boies on turn 4. He should not use his full movement on either turns 1 or 2, turn 1 being to ORKO a brigand, and turn 2 being to lure Guy to the edge of Matthew's range.

I might consider recording the strategy just for the sake of completion, but it's rather pointless.

Turns: 6

Edited by dondon151

I didn't bother asking, I just went ahead and studied the videos. There's a lot of things I can't do here (like use Lowen), but I'm learning quite a bit.

Now to get past Chapter 15 with nary but Hector, Matthew, Marcus, and two squishy healers. . .

Well, I actually thought it'd be kinda rude to just steal this and use it without crediting. I admit I've used two of your tactics at the FE10 draft, but at least I credited and thanked you for them in the post. 8[

Thank you, dondon.