Easy Mode Tier List

6 move 6 move 6 move 6 move 6 move.

do I need to say it more times for you to get the problem with leveling Soren? RF is saying that the vast majority of his exp is coming from bexp in the base. At most, you are getting one level per map on Soren and that's assuming you take him to 99 exp each base. He can probably get at least one combat in before the move differences screw him over.

There is plenty of stuff for Soren to kill. He can get kills in 3-P. He can get kills either on the bottom section or on the section on the left with the thickets in 3-1. 3-2, he's screwed, true, and the same applies to 3-3. In 3-4, there are enemies on the right hand side, and we may rescue-drop him because he has enough accuracy to have a good chance of killing the Sages from below the ledge. In 3-5, he's admittedly screwed. He can get whatever number of kills we care for in 3-7. In 3-8, there are enemies immediately to the right, and all of your 9 move units have gauge issues and lack 2-range, in a map where there are a lot of 2-range enemies towards the bottom of the map. In 3-10, there are enemies immediately to the right. It's true that his movement means that he's not really contributing in any sort of unique way. But he is certainly not going to never get to fight anything.

If 6 move is such a terrible downside, then Brom, Meg, Gatrie and Ilyana also need to move down. I find it hard to believe that if we are moving so quickly that Soren is literally never going to engage in combat more than once per chapter, then those characters can ever make a meaningful contribution, especially when you consider that Brom/Gatrie are basically impossible to shove and more difficult to rescue than either of the Sages. And if on the flipside, high movement is such a boon, Jill/Tanith/Sigrun/Marcia/Elincia need to be above the Royals. Obviously getting them to ORKO and never die is no issue at all, and they have more mobility, availability and 1-2 range. The same applies for Janaff and Ulki.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soren certainly isn't going to be doing much after the start. On EM there isn't any justification to not move Haar/Titania/Oscar as far as possible every turn in most chapters. That said, Astrid just never adds anything either. Her combat still sucks so much in 2-3 that all she can do is self improvement. Same in 3-9. Then she finally joins up with the GMs and we've gone over how much she sucks there with 23 SPD. I'd imagine Soren helping to take out a handful of enemies at the beginning of chapters up until Astrid joins is doing more than nothing. Part 4, Soren's damage could still be helpful, while Astrid is running ahead of him and... distracting enemies on enemy phase from other people who would actually ORKO them in return. So never mind, neither is going out ahead because either they can't get there or (or maybe and) don't contribute once they're there. Difference is, Soren has actually helped us before and I can imagine his damage being helpful occasionally in part 4. Actually, depending on his durability, he might actually be awesome in 4-3 thanks to mage movement and 1-2 range enemy phase...

Actually, depending on his durability, he might actually be awesome in 4-3 thanks to mage movement and 1-2 range enemy phase...

...Except Soren's locked to Ike's route.

Nephenee above Boyd? He hits harder though.

I am forgetting several things in this tier list ^^' so go easy on me. Mobility, this means Gatrie easier time killing is affected by his horrible move therefore Nephenee should be above him right?

I disagree with Volug > Sothe. Sothe is too good in this mode and so is Volug except Volug can't 2 range and in part 3 he's affected with the boring grassing up. Sothe on the other hand give him bronze knives and he's ready to go, his 22 str cap may be not be good but he can always get a forge. Also Sothe is gaining more experience than Volug even if he's not given bosses, if he is given bosses its still ok because he'll be a potential fighter until the end.

Mordy > Ranulf > Muarim makes sense because of availability.

Mordy doubles in 2-2 and he can snap resolve from DB without affecting anyone ^_^

As for the comment on Sigrun I don't really know why I put her above Mordy I guess I was looking at her class potential.

Meg oh where to put Meg? She's actually very salvageable in easy mode and she gets to doubling soon too, except that horrible move.

@Rewjeo, Astrid needs a bit of a push to kill enemies on 2-3 ^_^ on her bases she has to rely on criticals on enemies that she can double. I know on 2-3 she can be fed 10 levels of BEXP. Idk what her growths for BEXP are though if str/spd are her lowest/highest etc. I bet luck is her highest growth.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Meg oh where to put Meg? She's actually very salvageable in easy mode and she gets to doubling soon too, except that horrible move.

I doubt Meg's that salvageable even in easy mode... Just how much is she really doing??? Certainly not enough to be a tier above Micaiah, let alone two tiers over Soren.

I'm thinking royals should move down

where do I put the unranked?

sugggesting:

Mia > Jannaff & Ulki

Micaiah > Meg

Sothe > Oscar

Bastian way down he has no availability, maybe below Pelleas?

I doubt Meg's that salvageable even in easy mode... Just how much is she really doing??? Certainly not enough to be a tier above Micaiah, let alone two tiers over Soren.

She has decent durability

deals good damage similar to Aran

good availibility

good hit except with wind edge

decent growths (her speed is good)

Access to killing edge and brave sword not sure if she's entitled to it but she has access

except she has bad move ^^'

she's very much salvageable

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I'm thinking royals should move down

good availibility

Access to killing edge and brave sword not sure if she's entitled to it but she has access

except she has bad move ^^'

First bold: WTH? Aran gets off the ground faster and more easily. Also, she's not even in Aran's league of damage dealing.

Second bold: lol RD killer weapons.

Meg's got too much against her to be a tier above Micaiah, let alone two tiers above Soren. 1-5 is a desert rout; to say she gets to do much of anything there is a stretch. 1-6-1 is another rout. 1-6-2 requires covering a lot of ground. And don't get me started on 1-8.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Aran gets off the ground faster and more easily.

Meg's still your worst unit for a good while.

lol RD killer weapons.

Meg's got too much against her to be a tier above Micaiah, let alone two tiers above Soren. 1-5 is a desert rout; to say she gets to do much of anything there is a stretch. 1-6-1 is another rout. 1-6-2 requires covering a lot of ground. And don't get me started on 1-8.

She's not the worst anymore and she's growing the fastest too, the worst is Leonardo or Fiona when you get her without BEXPing her :lol:

Oh I do agree her move makes her less of a candidate, I did suggest Micaiah above Meg.

Less than Aran.

Less than Aran.

good availibility

Less than Aran.

Less than Aran.

Growth spread is worse than Aran's. I'd much rather have STR/SKL/DEF than SPD/LUK/RES.

When she struggles to 2HKO or double and has terrible skill and no innate crit, she is certainly not entitled to the Killing Edge. Brave Sword, perhaps.

And after you 'salvage' her, she's worse than Aran, who doesn't need 'salvaging'.

She's not the worst anymore and she's growing the fastest too, the worst is Leonardo or Fiona when you get her without BEXPing her :lol:

Oh I do agree her move makes her less of a candidate, I did suggest Micaiah above Meg.

Leonardo's reliable ranged attacking is probably better than what little Meg has to offer... And I still fail to see why Meg's two tiers over Soren.

Oh, you changed it.

I think Kyza should go above Ilyana. He is faster, more durable, and has a much better movement type. He also doesn't take long to hit just as hard as her because he has a decent strength growth and double WEXP gain. Or you could even give him an Energy Drop.

Oh, you changed it.

I think Kyza should go above Ilyana. He is faster, more durable, and has a much better movement type. He also doesn't take long to hit just as hard as her because he has a decent strength growth and double WEXP gain. Or you could even give him an Energy Drop.

Oh and BEXP-blossom too (:

where did I get that from? I think Narga suggested it in another thread.

i'm not sure though Ilyana is quite useful in part 1.

Leonardo's reliable ranged attacking is probably better than what little Meg has to offer... And I still fail to see why Meg's two tiers over Soren.

Meg faces and survives more enemies I don't think so.

I'm not sure about Soren vs Meg, I do know that Meg in 2nd tier is handicapped by 22spd <_< but if she can quickly get to 3rd tier by 3-12 she turns into a beast.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Oh and BEXP-blossom too (:

where did I get that from? I think Narga suggested it in another thread.

i'm not sure though Ilyana is quite useful in part 1.

BEXP-blossom was something me and Narga mentioned in your playthrough. But it's not really appropriate for EM Kyza. In HM, Janaff and Ulki are never going to gain significant EXP anyway. But Kyza counts as being 20/16, the same level as Titania who can gain levels really easily. So the harm to his EXP gain is probably more significant than the increased stat gains. Blossom is only really appropriate if you think a character won't get his or her stats high enough before they hit their level cap or if their EXP gain is so slow it doesn't make a difference. Otherwise, you actually slow the growth of a character, especially beorc who take longer to reach their promotion bonuses.

I remember Lyre having para-blossom in endgame but laguz skill space is different. Does it grow at certain levels?

20 -> 35 at level 15 -> 70 at level 30.

They have 5 for shove, and the fliers have 10 for canto. The masteries are only 30. That leaves 35 capacity at level 30 for skills on ground laguz, even if they have their mastery. 15 + 20 for parablossom. They can only do that at level 30 and above, and hawks (and ravens) can only ever do that if they don't have their mastery.

Also, "royal" laguz have +30 capacity. And by royal, I mean royalty. Though i think Giffca gets it too and he's not really royalty, but whatever. And for some reason in fe10 they took away the royalty status of the herons.

Meg faces and survives more enemies I don't think so.

I'm not sure about Soren vs Meg, I do know that Meg in 2nd tier is handicapped by 22spd <_< but if she can quickly get to 3rd tier by 3-12 she turns into a beast.

Tch... At any rate, despite me preferring to use female characters in FE games, armors are an exception, and for good reason.

Bold: And how do you plan on accomplishing THAT? Because I could at least BEXP and crown Soren and get a killface unit.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Tch... At any rate, despite me preferring to use female characters in FE games, armors are an exception, and for good reason.

Bold: And how do you plan on accomplishing THAT? Because I could at least BEXP and crown Soren and get a killface unit.

Paragon, even if you don't have it on her she can reach 20/10 for a crown easily on 3-6 because of the big pool of combat experience around. but the soren and meg gap i'll take into consideration.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Paragon, even if you don't have it on her she can reach 20/10 for a crown easily on 3-6 because of the big pool of combat experience around. but the soren and meg gap i'll take into consideration.

Paragon can go to anyone else, for one, and I consider it a stretch to have Meg promoted at part 1's close even in easy mode.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Paragon can go to anyone else, for one, and you still haven't addressed the fact that Meg has a ton of problems in part 1 stemming from her terrible move.

Enemies are so nearby and maps are a lot smaller that her move isn't too much of a trouble as it is for Soren. Positioning can fix it. Yes paragon can go on anyone else I'm aware of that :) but the BEXP on Soren can go on anyone else too.

Her move will be an issue for 1-6, 1-7, and 1-E (specially this one). For Part 3 her move can be a small issue on 3-13.

for 1-7 she can realistically shove Sothe and then move to fight enemy units on the top left.

for 1-E wind edge attack enemies from the above layer.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Enemies are so nearby and maps are a lot smaller that her move isn't too much of a trouble as it is for Soren. Positioning can fix it. Yes paragon can go on anyone else I'm aware of that :) but the BEXP on Soren can go on anyone else too.

Her move will be an issue for 1-6, 1-7, and 1-E (specially this one). For Part 3 her move can be a small issue on 3-13.

Her move is also an issue in 1-5 because that's a rout in easy mode, and deserts are rather unfriendly to armors. At any rate, as I'm trying to say, I consider having Meg promoted by part 1's close to be a stretch in easy mode unless you stuffed her with BEXP.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Her move is also an issue in 1-5 because that's a rout in easy mode, and deserts are rather unfriendly to armors. At any rate, as I'm trying to say, I consider having Meg promoted by part 1's close to be a stretch in easy mode unless you stuffed her with BEXP like a turkey.

layer attacking abuse :awesome:

and yes she'll need some BEXP to promote, give her 99Bexp before a chapter starts to speed her up I did that with her and Aran :).

as for 1-5 have her help clear the nearby enemies its not that hard getting her CEXP. Sothe is clearing almost everything anyway, because everyone has move issues there except him Ilyana, Micaiah, and Volug.

Oh I forgot to ask where do you think Meg belongs?

Edited by Queen_Elincia

layer attacking abuse :awesome:

and yes she'll need some BEXP to promote, give her 99Bexp before a chapter starts to speed her up I did that with her and Aran :).

as for 1-5 have her help clear the nearby enemies its not that hard getting her CEXP. Sothe is clearing almost everything anyway, because everyone has move issues there except him Ilyana, Micaiah, and Volug.

Oh I forgot to ask where do you think Meg belongs?

On 1-5: Sure, most characters are hit by the desert, but Meg suffers the most.

On where I think Meg belongs: IMO, she's low tier material, lower mid at best.

On 1-5: Sure, most characters are hit by the desert, but Meg suffers the most.

On where I think Meg belongs: IMO, she's low tier material, lower mid at best.

I'd like to hear what the others say before I jump to conclusions ^_^

to me she seems mid tier material