Fire Emblem 12 ~Heroes~ Translation Project

The translators are able-minded individuals. If they want to stop progress, that's on them, their choice. They may react to the posts in the thread, but the posts are not responsible for anything. The translators would be responsible for their decision.

You are an able-bodied individual. If you want your heart to stop beating, that's on you, your choice. You may react to the knife I stuck in your chest, but the knife is not responsible for anything. You would be responsible for your death.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*stuff*

Is there really something wrong with everyone being adults and discussing something? If you have such a problem with it, why bother reading the topic? And to be honest, this post seemed like you cared more than anyone actually talking about the name.

Is there really something wrong with everyone being adults and discussing something? If you have such a problem with it, why bother reading the topic? And to be honest, this post seemed like you cared more than anyone actually talking about the name.

I'm annoyed by how long they've been arguing this one, single name. Belf has been the topic of argument (and it's not an adult discussion with all the mud slinging that's been going on) since he was brought up, since Vergil was mentioned as a replacement for it, and has been going on until now. That's what bothers me.

And do I care? Of course I do. I want this project to be finished, and, despite what Celice claims, people continuing the pointless name arguments do slow this thing down.

So yeah, I do want them to stop bothering with Belf, and try discussing things that actually matter.

Well then the translators will get the wrong message that "everyone wants X", when only a handful of people want X and the majority just isn't bitching about it because they like it the way it was decided/don't give a shit about it.

Both sides need to be heard, I guess.

If people don't give a shit then they shouldn't give a shit which way it's decided.

If they have a specific desire to see the most literal translation of the Katakana, then they're welcome to stay here and keep arguing with the people who want a localization. But if all you're doing here is saying "Nobody cares, this is stupid, blah blah blah" then you're contributing shit-all to the conversation.

You are an able-bodied individual. If you want your heart to stop beating, that's on you, your choice. You may react to the knife I stuck in your chest, but the knife is not responsible for anything. You would be responsible for your death.

I think I can honestly say this is the dumbest analogy I've ever read on this board.

Celice is correct though, in that people posting in this thread does not on its own hold up the translation project. Its not like it takes hours away from working on the project to respond to what people are posting here.

Hey people, did you know? Being responsible for something means having to pay if it goes wrong.

The translation team loses nothing if they (and I say they because I'm pretty much done with my part, for now) get stuck or give up for whatever reason. They already have most scripts, they can even enjoy them privately if they want. Any and all delays only affect you guys.

Have a good day.

By romanizing Berufu as Vergil, the creators of this translation are affecting my mind, and are thus responsible for any posts I make that affect their mind. Therefore, the creators of this translation have only themselves to blame if they cause me to cause them to slow down their work.

I think I can honestly say this is the dumbest analogy I've ever read on this board.

Celice is correct though, in that people posting in this thread does not on its own hold up the translation project. Its not like it takes hours away from working on the project to respond to what people are posting here.

You think response time is the only thing way this could impact the project? Do you not have even the most basic awareness of psychology?

The way that such insults, such unrealistic criticisms, can impact peoples' willingness and effectiveness to work on the very project people are insulting, may not be as apparent as the way a knife in a person's chest can impact their ability to live, but the impact is there. Do not deny reality; do not deny your impact on things that happen.

man i have no idea where my posts went, but regardless, my points stand.

in my opinion, these "discussions" about character names might as well be in a different thread, because all they've done is add pointless pages that people have to look through.

man i have no idea where my posts went, but regardless, my points stand.

in my opinion, these "discussions" about character names might as well be in a different thread, because all they've done is add pointless pages that people have to look through.

In all fairness, anybody looking for updates should head to the blog instead.

Edited by TheEnd

mm, point taken, makes sense.

but if this is all that's going to happen in the thread, shouldn't the topic be renamed to: "Fire Emblem 12 ~Heroes~ Names are super important and this is where we will argue about them"?

I can see it just being locked instead, once the mods stop being entertained by it.

I know a few people who would be disappointed if that were to happen, though.

Edited by TheEnd

You think response time is the only thing way this could impact the project? Do you not have even the most basic awareness of psychology?

The way that such insults, such unrealistic criticisms, can impact peoples' willingness and effectiveness to work on the very project people are insulting, may not be as apparent as the way a knife in a person's chest can impact their ability to live, but the impact is there. Do not deny reality; do not deny your impact on things that happen.

I just ask that you do not deny that the creators of this translation are responsible for the same posts that you claim are negatively impacting their work.

Seriously why are people complaining again? It's not as if Blazer threw (another) tantrum over the past day.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Whatev bro. Your flowery speech doesn't make your original point any less wrong.

Of course they are going to get criticism. People involved (or formerly involved, I don't really even know who is active in the project anymore) have stated several times that they view this as the "official" translation, or at least one that will have the same quality. If something is going to have a standard that high, its going to receive criticism and nitpicking on every little detail. Many of which aren't unrealistic criticisms at all, just a difference in opinion. If a ton of criticism is going to stop the team from working on the project (and in all likelihood it won't) then they probably weren't invested enough in the beginning to make something that will become the "standard" for anyone playing this game in English.

Edited by frat_tastic

...Didn't everyone already vote for Vergil anyway? I'm kind of sick of hearing about him, as much as I love the guy to bits.

Apparently the poll didn't have Belf as an option or something. I don't know, I haven't seen the poll personally.

Oh, yeah. I remember the options were Bell, Vergil and Belves, with Vergil utterly crushing both alternatives. I'd think that this is merely a very vocal minority of people who probably voted for Bell anyway, and I doubt most of the Vergil voters would take Belf over Bell.

...Has anyone seriously played BSFE? I'm genuinely curious.

Right! The translators should go with something that sounds vaguely like the Japanese but is a good, solid localisation as well.

Wait.

It's funny that Furret just posted here, I was actually about to mention that I can only think of one person who actually gives a crap about Belf himself and that guy calls him "Vergil".

And I'm honestly more bothered that they're apparently gonna gonna call Malice "Maris" but I really just want this finished.

It's funny that Furret just posted here, I was actually about to mention that I can only think of one person who actually gives a crap about Belf himself and that guy calls him "Vergil".

And I'm honestly more bothered that they're apparently gonna gonna call Malice "Maris" but I really just want this finished.

>Malicia and Malice in the same game