why did gba Fe warriors get nerfed

MacLovin

I have looked at all of the gba Fe warriors, and it appears that the majority got nerfed

This is my novice view-make me cry.

Decent

Geitz

Lot

Fe6 Barte

Short term

Dorcas

Garcia

Snail

Wade

Fe7 Barte

Ross

-------------

Boyd and Nolan eat them alive.

-------------

Clobber me

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Warriors before them consisted of Jehova, Marty, and Dagda. I don't think using "nerf" to describe this difference is fully in line with the direction time flows.

Why do most of the fighter(axemen) have no longterm use.

Ross

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure Ross only has long term use, being a T0 unit. You could blame this on FE8's lack of difficulty, but I say put Ross in any of the GBA games, and he'll do perfectly fine.

20% speed growth FTW

Ross - 30%

Lot - 35%

FE6 Bartre - 30%

FE7 Bartre - 40%

:/

Edited by Kitty of Time

Garcia isn't really short term use, especially with Hero promotion available. He's not even bad as a Warrior.

Then again, lolFE8.

Shouldn't this be moved to GBA era?

Warriors in FE6 are pretty stinky, although that's partially due to axes as well. Bartre's not too bad in FE7, once he gets over his speed deficit.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure Ross only has long term use, being a T0 unit. You could blame this on FE8's lack of difficulty, but I say put Ross in any of the GBA games, and he'll do perfectly fine.

I highly doubt that. WRT FE6, he has "worse than Wendy" bases and gets OHKOed and usually doubled starting from the very first chapter. He's also lumbered with a horrible weapon type and competes with a lot of characters for a promotion item. FE6 is also very movement-intensive because of the enormous maps. FE7 and FE8 have roughly similar enemy stats, so I don't really see Ross being better in FE7. Worse, if anything, because of the increased number of enemy magic users and the lack of Garm to quick-fix his speed woes.

He would only really be good for buffing ranks, in the same way that Thieves are.

I highly doubt that. WRT FE6, he has "worse than Wendy" bases and gets OHKOed and usually doubled starting from the very first chapter. He's also lumbered with a horrible weapon type and competes with a lot of characters for a promotion item. FE6 is also very movement-intensive because of the enormous maps. FE7 and FE8 have roughly similar enemy stats, so I don't really see Ross being better in FE7. Worse, if anything, because of the increased number of enemy magic users and the lack of Garm to quick-fix his speed woes.

He would only really be good for buffing ranks, in the same way that Thieves are.

I highly disagree, Wendy is essentially terrible because she is a very bad knight, similar to meg, except meg has a stupidly high speed growth(something like 50% or higher). Ross on the other hand has plenty of people to use to sheild against, his own personal weapon with a large amount of uses, basic stats, and ranged, and auto promotes into either a fighter or pirate when he reaches level 10. For wendy, none of these apply, because she is a T1 unit with mediocre stats, while Ross is a T0 with mediocre stats.

Do you mean his chapter requirement or Geitz himself? If the former I understand, but the latter I've been able to pull off pretty consistently with Oswin+base Dart. Just bait with Oswin, or hell, Hector, and talk with Dart or something.

Humor, my good sir.

On a more relevant note, Geitz is certainly the best in FE7, and Garcia, as noted, is probably the best in FE8. Don't know about FE6.

Edited by Othin

Honestly, GBA Warriors are really not that much worse than any of their predecessors. I'd go so far as to say they might even be a bit better overall.

Ross on the other hand has ... his own personal weapon with a large amount of uses

I presume you're referring to the hatchet. That weapon isn't unique to Ross. Anyone with E axes can use it. :\

EDIT: Moved to the GBA era main section.

Edited by Charlie

I highly disagree, Wendy is essentially terrible because she is a very bad knight, similar to meg, except meg has a stupidly high speed growth(something like 50% or higher).

The reason why Wendy is bad is because of her abysmal base stats. She has 4 strength, and 3 skill/speed, so many enemies double her and she struggles to deal any damage at all or even hit enemies, which is only compounded by her crappy 4 move and her low skill. This seems to me to be problems that Ross also suffers from, on top of far lower durability.

Ross on the other hand has plenty of people to use to sheild against, his own personal weapon with a large amount of uses, basic stats, and ranged, and auto promotes into either a fighter or pirate when he reaches level 10.

Ross is Wolt with less accuracy, attack, and movement, and who gets 1-rounded. Wolt has serious issues gaining exp, even while he beats Ross in every area. That's even assuming that the Hatchet is introduced into FE6: it's not Ross' personal weapon, and even if you did introduce it, I'd much rather give it to any of the far, far better axe users like Gonzales. If it isn't, then Ross is very well worse than Wendy.

For wendy, none of these apply, because she is a T1 unit with mediocre stats, while Ross is a T0 with mediocre stats.

Wendy is a unit with unusable stats, so is Ross. Their tier does not matter: when your stats are as unusably low as theirs, then it does not matter how fast they grow.

I think that the implication was that Ross, being Ross, has claim to that weapon as everyone else who need a ranged axe can fall back on the stronger Hand Axes.

That's not what people usually mean when they talk about "personal weapons".

And besides, everyone would like a Hatchet. Hand Axes have abysmal accuracy in FE6, so being able to attack semi-accurately at range would be a great boon. Gonzales might actually hit something...

Edited by Anouleth

Geitz is worth it if you get him. Garcia is good. Lot is alright though Hero Crests have far better users like Dieck/Rutger/Gonzo, but if you for some reason want a warrior in FE6 either him or Bartre is fine for it provided on the latter you are not gonna be using Echidna.

Anyway, as far as GBA fighters go, I'd say that Geitz is the most useful out of the bunch as he starts with solid bases and weapon ranks and his growths give him longevity. Well, firstly, I don't exactly see Dorcas or Bartre being used past the earlygame, even though Bartre has a better future than Dorcas. It's basically the same boat with Garcia, except that at least he has Hero and Garm access to look forward to. Ross needs significant spoon-feeding to even be remotely useful, but after that becomes good. As for the FE6 fighters, they kind of blow. Wade's running around with a worse speed base than Dorcas in a game where enemy speed is not a joke(and both have a lol20% spd growth.) I heard good things about Lot, but Lot has damage issues for his class(and midgame)and isn't fast enough to double until the later parts of the game, never mind that promoting either of these clowns takes a crest from Rutgar or Dieck. At least, Bartre has the benefit of not needing a crest and has HUGE chip during the midgame(22 base str + axes says hi.)