The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That......shouldn't be right. From what i've seen, people are getting destroyed by the mock battle. And i've seen the stats on some enemies and they look pretty tough.

Wasn’t the mined version also difficult?

Yup, I just did the mock battle and had to restart 3 times. Maddening is way more difficult than normal or hard.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

image0.png

Nomura, for the love of God, stop putting Dementors in Final Fantasy 7. 

I'm not even that big of a Final Fantasy fan (by which i mean i've only played 7 and i haven't gone past Gold Saucer cause i kinda just stopped caring) but the writing of the remake is the biggest thing that concerns me and every time i see shit like this, it just gets worse, even if the rest of the game looks amazing.

Hm, what's the context of that image? I can barely tell anything in there.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm, what's the context of that image? I can barely tell anything in there.

That scene lasts about 4 seconds, but from what I have gathered. Cloud steps outside the Avalance headquarters to see Dementors are attacking. One of them grabs Tifa before it is cut.

18 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Wasn’t the mined version also difficult?

Not as much. The mind version didn't give the Death Knight cav weaknesses immunity, for example. The real version also apparently halves EXP growth, which wasn't a thing that was mined.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not as much. The mind version didn't give the Death Knight cav weaknesses immunity, for example. The real version also apparently halves EXP growth, which wasn't a thing that was mined.

Ah, I see. I saw some people saying that it’s almost identical so I guess that’s not true.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh that sounds pretty interesting. A problem with Valkyria Chronicles 1 gameplay is that there's only 5 classes, but you'll only ever use Scouts and Shocktroopers, with maybe a Sniper and Mechanic for your tank. And even after promotion, there isn't really a reason to use the new weapons.

i wasn't really a fan of how it was done

for example

8loJ086.png

Here's a master Table, showing (i think) what abilities you could learn by reclassing (yes, it's in VC3)

Also, for some reason 2 melee classes existed. And as everyone knows, you don't bring a sword to a gun fight, unless you have magical abilities. And the engineer was split into Medic and Technican (one of the 2 melee classes)

Technican did have the awesome ability to deploy a wall though.

Edited by Shrimperor

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i wasn't really a fan of how it was done

for example

8loJ086.png

Here's a master Table, showing (i think) what abilities you could learn by reclassing (yes, it's in VC3)

I think i get the gist. I'm guessing the towers are the classes and the smaller chess pieces are abilities?

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think i get the gist. I'm guessing the towers are the classes and the smaller chess pieces are abilities?

yes

and iirc some abilities needed the character to be proficient in multipe classes

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Lysithea said:

I cannot edit my profile for almost a month. 

Idk why no is able to fix it finally... 

I've been having a similar problem. I've been trying to edit my signature and every time i try to, i keep getting captchas and then nothing changes.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Daemon X Machina reviews are coming out, sadly, the game is only getting ~7s. There goes the Switch's hopes of a great mech battler. Into the "get it when seriously discounted" bucket it goes.

Well the thing is, Japanese mecha games typically don't sell or review well in the Western market. It's just a thing that happens, these types of games just can't really connect with the general Western audience, even if they do have their own share of fans.

On the subject of Daemon X Machina, I have to applaud the game for taking feedback during it's early demo days and using it. I believe they even made a trailer showing what they fixed/changed. 

As for me, i probably won't be getting the game, at least not a full price. It looks cool and all, it's just feels like i'm part of that audience that doesn't really resonate with Japanese mecha games of that nature.

Edited by Armagon

I've always wanted a mecha game and if the game at least succeeded in "making you feel like you're in a mecha" I might get it if it ever gets a price drop in the store.

-----

Also started 3H on NG Maddenig with the bought season pass and wow female Byleth looks sooooo much better in her dlc outfit.

And I just remembered. You know that trend of making blatant clones of old franchises? Here is another, Synaptic Drive- a new take on the dead Custom Robo series.:

The gameplay looks solid and identical to Custom Robo, barring the absence of customizable legs. One gun is even identical to the old Dragon gun.

But, the game is far far less "anime", with the characters looking realistically bland. Whilst I did not like how Custom Robo Arena went cutesy and kiddy, this game would look better if it was like the GameCube game, which is anime, is realistic-ish in ways, and yet much more colorful than this.

I have good memories of Custom Robo, particularly the GameCube title, which has the subtitle "Battle Revolution" in Japan. A workable anime plot, cool graphics, and gameplay that was fun. I never got past the "gun spam" point despite some tries to do so, but I still liked it, and managed to make it all the way to all but the last tournament, with all gold trophies for everything except the two right before it.

And, I still find the protagonist of Battle Revolution to be a well-handled nameable protag. They certainly aren't silent, even if they leave most of the talking to others. Their remarks can be fairly funny, if the impression left by my memories is right.

Hahahahaha. So tonight as i go to put my dinner in the microwave, i see a small cockroach in my dinner. So i had to throw it all away. Fuck Florida.

All hope isn't lost though, i called my mom and she can bring me something to eat (in like an hour or so).

I'm surprised you still have an appetite. A cockroach would leave me paranoid and barely able to eat through the next day.

Can FE stop trying to come up with new ultimate difficulty names? Maniac would have sufficed, or the less casual Merciless. The only fix FE12 would have needed to is to rebrand Normal as Easy and to rebrand Hard as Normal. Hard then replaces Maniac, and Maniac/Merciless replaces Lunatic. 

I say this, because Maddening just doesn't sound pleasing to the ear. Nor does it look good when written. But at least 3H hasn't copied FEH with additional difficulties of Infernal and Abyssal. How would FEH top those in a desperate desire for new content?