• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Tacos are just vastly inferior arepas.

In case you don't know what an arepa is

Image result for arepa

That's just an example, you can fill it with whatever you want. My personal favorite is the cheese and chicken kind.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

French?

I don't speak French, but i do recognize some words. C'est la vie i heard multipe times, for example.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Sounds more Italian to me.
But it's hard to tell, because I don't speak either. I do know what sung French sounds like and this is a tad bit different.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Plot Twist: They use stuff like English... from the 10th or so century. Aka, truly a different language from our point of view anyway, heh.

It's funny because all three of these answers could be right? I think? Like there aren't any official lyrics listed for the song so like, who's right?

One day this song's true language will be discovered. But i gotta say, for a song that has a (currently unidentifiable) language, it's pretty good.

Take the standard battle theme from Conception II as an example: it's in English (I think?), but the lyrics are utter nonsense.

That's what i like to call "when you write the lyrics in Japanese and then you yeet it through Google Translate". Pretty sure that's what they did with the flight theme in Xenoblade X. 

Man, new Atelier this year,

More like new Atelier every year. Yeah, like Neptunia, it's a mostly yearly series. 

Which makes it all the more impressive that Atelier Ryza looks the way it does. Especially since Atelier Lulua came out in like, May? Sometime earlier this year, meaning that 2019 actually has two Atelier releases.

Speaking of Atelier Ryza, i'm glad it's coming out next month in the West because September is kinda stacked for me. Let's review my wishlist.

• September: Astral Chain (technically an August title but i don't have it yet), Gunvolt Chronicles, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe Dragon Quest 11. Gotta play the demo on that one.
  • October: Atelier Ryza
  • Winter 2019: Rune Factory 4 Special
  • January: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
  • 2020: Xenoblade Definitive and Rune Factory 5

There are other games i'd like to get like Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening HD, but i think i'll wait on a sale for those, especially the latter. Link's Awakening HD is not worth $60.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, we sharing desktop wallpapers? Here's mine

D8Wtf8GVsAEjeFi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And because it's fanart, gotta link the source

Never!

Anyway, on the subject of dekstop wallpapers, here's mine:

187326-stranger.jpg

Hard to find it any smaller... or not cropped. Actally, this is still a cropped version.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Understandable, since that's the best final battle theme in the series imo.

I was not expecting that.

I'm not even sure if it sounds very much like a typical final battle theme. It's unusually laid back, sleek and streamlined, with lyrics imparting emotion, but not that of a dire final clash. It's almost as if you're playing it cool, you've got it under control, the end is in sight and you can taste it. Very different from XG's and XC1's.

I think Xenoblade X also has two final battle themes

The second is one of two versions of raTEoREkiSImeAra. It plays for everything prior the final phase, which is ironic when you figure out what raTEoREkiSImeAra means.

Then as you brought up with Wir Fliegen, Xenoblade X has two German songs, or rather uh.......what's the German version of "Engrish"?

I was going to bring in So Nah So Fern earlier too, but I opted not to. I'd say it's a good song, the meaning of the lyrics is touching.

And then Xenosaga Episode II gives us this gem, which i cannot find any translations for so i'm just convinced that the language doesn't exist. That or it's Latin. If someone can identify the language used, that'd be greatly appreciated.

I think you could add the first final battle theme from XC1 to this, sorta. I know it's just raw vocals, but to the unaware ear, it sounds like the singing of actual words. 

Well, that's not entierly true since Small Two of Pieces and Stars of Tears from Xenogears both have Japanese versions (titled Mebius and Two Wings respectively) and Beyond the Sky from Xenoblade Chronicles also has a Japanese version but for a JRPG series, that's as far as it goes.

And that reminds me of Super Mario Odyssey having its two songs with Japanese versions unlockable in the game. In both of those cases, I prefer the English for understanding it, but the Japanese is very delightful too.

Beyond the Sky sounds better in Japanese. Though maybe its just me not liking being able to understand the lyrics, the composition itself isn't my favorite.

To bring in XCX, Your Voice doesn't sound bad at all in English though, despite Don't Worry's problems as you pointed out before. Though looking at the lyrics, Your Voice doesn't read like its for an ending. The words are heavy with suffering, when the music and context- humanity is saved, are uplifting after a boatload of blood and sweat.

Still, I prefer Your Voice over Beyond the Sky. Small of Two Pieces is very similar to BtS in tearful, gentle softness, but SoTP does it better. To be fair, Your Voice is just as suited for credits rolling as you don't leave the movie theater, but it takes a stronger, more exhilarated direction.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I usually have a rotation i change every 3 Weeks or so

*Sees Golden Sun* 

After all these years of nothing but silence, and you still have one in there. I commend you.

For wallpaper, I have a folder containing almost every wallpaper Nintendo has given out over the past few years. I set to switch every time I open/turn on my computer. That way, nothing gets dull. It's lazy, but effective.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Things like Wallpapers is stuff I rarely change. I've had "Bismark against America" (it's never specified; but I think it's 'fresh out of the Civil War' Amercia considering the 37-star flag, then again Paradox Game, so history is off the rails the moment you unpause after starting) for years. Before that I... don't even remember what I had.

Anyway, this talk of songs reminds me of this gem:

... only thing that made tolerable THOSE DAMN SPHERE BOSSES first time I played that part...

Then years later, playing through Persona 3... DUDE, I recognize this! Hahaha...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hard to find it any smaller... or not cropped. Actally, this is still a cropped version.

You could've just reduced the size yourself. Serenes Forest lets you edit the size of images. I believe you have to right click and then there'll be an option to edit.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was not expecting that.

I'm not even sure if it sounds very much like a typical final battle theme. It's unusually laid back, sleek and streamlined, with lyrics imparting emotion, but not that of a dire final clash. It's almost as if you're playing it cool, you've got it under control, the end is in sight and you can taste it. Very different from XG's and XC1's.

It's because it's so different that i like it so much. There actually was a time when XB1's first final battle theme was my favorite though.

I think you could add the first final battle theme from XC1 to this, sorta. I know it's just raw vocals, but to the unaware ear, it sounds like the singing of actual words. 

Yeah, you're kinda right, though at least with that one, i feel the fact that it's raw vocals is more obvious.

Oh and before i forget since we're talking about made up lyrics, @Shrimperor @DragonFlames @Acacia Sgt a friend of mine figured out the mystery behind our mystery song. Turns out, my assumption that it's a made up language was right. The composer of Xenosaga II (and III) was Yuki Kajiura and she apparently does this sort of thing a lot.

Beyond the Sky sounds better in Japanese. Though maybe its just me not liking being able to understand the lyrics, the composition itself isn't my favorite.

Beyond the Sky's Japanese version is also different in the sense that it's arranged a bit differently from the original. If you listen to it and the original back to back, you can easily pick up on the instrumental differences. And on that note (heh), i do prefer the instrumentals of the Japanese version more.

And that reminds me of Super Mario Odyssey having its two songs with Japanese versions unlockable in the game. In both of those cases, I prefer the English for understanding it, but the Japanese is very delightful too.

Yeah, those songs are pretty damn catchy. I never thought there'd be a day where a Mario game has vocal songs but here we are.

Don't Worry's problems as you pointed out before.

I meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean i wouldn't say it's a problem, personally. I actually do like Don't Worry a lot. The lyrics don't make sense at all but the song still feels uplifting.

Your Voice doesn't read like its for an ending. The words are heavy with suffering, when the music and context- humanity is saved, are uplifting after a boatload of blood and sweat.

It's a very curious choice of words, though it's not the first time Xeno has gone that route. Xenosaga Episode I has two ending themes and the first one, Pain, also doesn't read like it's for an ending.

Little Town Heroes is a game being developed by Game Freak. It's like Pokemon except instead of collecting cute little monsters

Image result for Little Town Heroes

You collect UI elements. Seriously, what the fuck am i supposed to be looking at here?

Y'all, let's talk about Little Town Heroes and how Game Freak is sending it out to die. The game comes out a month before Pokemon and on the two weeks before Luigi's Mansion 3. No one is talking about this game. 

Edited by Armagon

Sounds about right. Didn't even knew it was a thing until your post.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You could've just reduced the size yourself. Serenes Forest lets you edit the size of images. I believe you have to right click and then there'll be an option to edit.

Oh, didn't knew that. Will keep it in mind.

If I cannot tolerate one thing besides passive smoking, then noise till deep in the night (till 4:30 AM) . 

Nevertheless it does not change that the night ended for me before it evem began. 

If it will happen again, I know what to do next time.

Idk even know what the purpose of parties till early in the morning is anyways.

Why can people be respectful to others or do it at daytime? 

Just checked out the e-shop after a long while again, and I have to admit I was really surprised. 

I knew about a Xenoblade 1 rerelease, but not that Undertale is out.

And I have never ever heared of next Smash DLC character yet. 

The main reason why I checked the shop was hoping for a price drop of Atelier Lulua, but not yet. 

Sunday is ruined by the fact that it is followed by monday...

delete monday please <.<

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yuki Kajiura

say no more. Explains everything

4 hours ago, Lysithea said:

If I cannot tolerate one thing besides passive smoking, then noise till deep in the night (till 4:30 AM) . 

let me guess, you live in a Students Dorm? Or somewhere where alot of Students live?

Because lecture free time + weekend + Students = rowdy bunch.

No, I am not living in a student's flat. 

I am the only native of a six parties house (four families from Poland, one from Syria), but I do not want to bring good old bumper-sticker wisdom in this thread right now. 

I always refused to move to a student's room and leaving the country when I lived aty parents because I love the calm and prefer having horses and pigs as neighbors than humans who play obnoxious disco beats at night (I see Marianne in myself).  

When my financial situation is stabilized in 2-3 years, I will move back to the country for sure. 

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

More like new Atelier every year. Yeah, like Neptunia, it's a mostly yearly series. 

Which makes it all the more impressive that Atelier Ryza looks the way it does. Especially since Atelier Lulua came out in like, May? Sometime earlier this year, meaning that 2019 actually has two Atelier releases.

Oh right! Lulua also came out this year. I almost forgot.
How in the world can I forget my current game of the year (that came out this year)? Shame on me. Shame, shame on me!

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, you're kinda right, though at least with that one, i feel the fact that it's raw vocals is more obvious.

Oh and before i forget since we're talking about made up lyrics, @Shrimperor @DragonFlames @Acacia Sgt a friend of mine figured out the mystery behind our mystery song. Turns out, my assumption that it's a made up language was right. The composer of Xenosaga II (and III) was Yuki Kajiura and she apparently does this sort of thing a lot.

Ah, mystery solved!

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Little Town Heroes is a game being developed by Game Freak. It's like Pokemon except instead of collecting cute little monsters

You collect UI elements. Seriously, what the fuck am i supposed to be looking at here?

Y'all, let's talk about Little Town Heroes and how Game Freak is sending it out to die. The game comes out a month before Pokemon and on the two weeks before Luigi's Mansion 3. No one is talking about this game. 

Agreed: What the f*** am I supposed to be looking at here?
This game is on the Switch, I presume? Next to Atelier Ryza, Super Neptunia RPG, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Nights of Azure 2, heck, even Atelier Rorona, this looks pathetic, in all honesty. While graphics aren't everything, I do expect more from the company that sits on the Pokémon money like a dragon on a stash of gold. Then again, looking at Sword and Shield, those expectations are too high.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Gamefreak is an indie level developer that just got lucky with Pokemon. Pokemon itself is an indie level game...

Ha! Nice.

But yeah, you're absolutely right.

My research has unearthed that they have known merchandise sales of over 64 BILLION dollars (according to wikipedia) with an estimated net worth of 15 billion dollars (according to The Wealth Record), with Pokémon GO alone being worth 29 billion dollars... yeah. Doesn't sound like no indie game to me.

Sources:
https://moneynation.com/pokemon-go-money/
https://www.thewealthrecord.com/celebs-bio-wiki-salary-earnings-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024-2025/other/pokemon-net-worth/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pokémon_Company

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My research has unearthed that they have known merchandise sales of over 64 BILLION dollars (according to wikipedia) with an estimated net worth of 15 billion dollars (according to The Wealth Record), with Pokémon GO alone being worth 29 billion dollars... yeah. Doesn't sound like no indie game to me.

you misunderstood me xD

I meant that for all the money GF has, their games are pretty much indie quality

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Is this only the second announcement video for the game? No other trailers or hands-on gameplay? 

That would bode very ill for this game. And it isn't like Game Freak doesn't know how to advertise even if they've made some PR blunders recently. If they want to be more than the Pokemon-company-not-The-Pokemon-Company, then they should spend more effort on showcasing their non-Pokemon projects.

And LTH looks to be possibly digital-only with a $24.99 price tag. That's a high price tag for digital-only, it might bite it to not go a little higher and include a physical edition.

Honestly though, I am willing to give the game a chance if the reviews come in positive. I expect the game to be a sales flop anyhow, and possibly result in Game Freak retreating more into its Pokemon cocoon. But, that I won't mind, I did buy Codename S.T.E.A.M. and enjoyed it- that Intelligent Systems flop where I found it cheaper new than used.

And, the premise that nobody in the village has ever seen the world beyond the town itself would hint at an obvious plot twist. But whether it's rated PG or goes more drastic is a guessing game, with me divided between pessimism and optimism.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

My first summary of my Blue Lions run:

Most of my team got Jagen level ups for the most time. 

Ingrid's speed is hilariously bad (21 at level 25). She cannot even double mages with javelin / short spear. Lower leveled Sylvain is faster (!!!) who was extremely slow in my GD run. 

The only good units are (as expected) Byleth, Dimitri and (totally unexpected) Sylvain and Linhardt. Not only Sylvain's speed is great, but also his magic. Want to make him become a dark knight. 

Bernadetta is the biggest shit. Never got more than three stats in a level up and strength not one single time. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I did buy Codename S.T.E.A.M. and enjoyed it- that Intelligent Systems flop where I found it cheaper new than used.

Oh, I so wanted to play that one... but never had the chance to aquire the game.