The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Say, does her Brave Effect stack with Brave Weapons? Can i get 4X Attacks before enemies even attack?

I dunno. And it doesn't help that her Crest has a rather low activation rate in the first place.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

I called it, i freaking called it

Spoiler

Edelgard being Flame Emperor i mean.

Also, kinda hard for me to choose Edelgard since she was, even if indirectly, responsible for Jeralt's Death. She may not have wanted it, but she worked with the people who did.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

The real problem is getting Bernie's Crest to activate in the first place. I played the game four times and I can count the number of times Bernie activated her Crest with one hand.

She activates it pretty often with me xD

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait, are you telling me that Jusis is voiced by the one and only Joseph Joestar? Just for that, Jusis gets to go up on my Trails character rankings.

But like is this in English or in Japanese?

English. Ben Diskin voices them. He also voiced Jakob, Saizo, and Hayato in Fates as well as best boi Rokuro Rangetsu in Tales of Berseria.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I called it, i freaking called it

Reveal hidden contents

Edelgard being Flame Emperor i mean.

Also, kinda hard for me to choose Edelgard since she was, even if indirectly, responsible for Jeralt's Death. She may not have wanted it, but she worked with the people who did.

If you listen VERY closely, you can tell that the Flame Emperor has Edelgard's voice due to the fact the voice actress (Tara Platt) has a very unique way to pronounce the letters "d", "s", and "t".

As a little bit of trivia, Tara Platt also voiced Vert in the English dub of the Neptunia games up to and including Re;Birth 3.

45 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

English. Ben Diskin voices them. He also voiced Jakob, Saizo, and Hayato in Fates as well as best boi Rokuro Rangetsu in Tales of Berseria.

Hide contents

If you listen VERY closely, you can tell that the Flame Emperor has Edelgard's voice due to the fact the voice actress (Tara Platt) has a very unique way to pronounce the letters "d", "s", and "t".

As a little bit of trivia, Tara Platt also voiced Vert in the English dub of the Neptunia games up to and including Re;Birth 3.

I only heard her in Flame Emperors voice after finding out it was Edelgard. 

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

She activates it pretty often with me xD

20191217_224939.jpg

B L E S S E D
L
E
S
S
E
D

This is a blessed playthrough indeed.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Ben Diskin

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Hayato

The man has some incredible range because when I think Hayato, Ben Diskin does not come to mind.

2 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Pff. You know there is a screenshot thing on your Switch...
Oh wait...

How would you even get the screenshot onto your computer without an SD card?

I mean, what I do is I upload the images to Twitter and then just copy/paste from there.

Went through nearly all the Heart-to-Hearts in XCX, not bad, definitely shorter and less dynamic than XC2's partly because you only have one person who speaks in the conversation b/c Cross is silent barring choices. But all added up, they do an okay job of fleshing out everyone a touch more. And, I wish I could've gotten some high quality screenshots or short videos, the sight of Celica and Rock sitting atop and a building watching the stars, H.B. doing one-handed pushups. Nothing glorious, but lightly charming moments.

I'll casually finish the rest tomorrow, refight Telethia (b/c the game outright says defeating it in a mission won't count for filling a certain hex, but it'll be no different, no harder the second time), and crown things off with the two last Affinity Missions, and I'll be done with this game.

4 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

How would you even get the screenshot onto your computer without an SD card?

Considering the Switch has little internal memory, one almost certainly will buy a micro SD card for a Switch if they don't stick to purely physical games. And I'd think most micro SDs would come with a free adapter for insertion into any computer.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

"Zeus is real and totally pissed at you!" *Fires the Voltaic Tusk*

Ben Diskin is also arguably the best VA for Male Cross in XCX. He really put his personality into the Joker voice, for the Skell lines in particular.

• 0:00 Male Heroic (Yuri Lowenthal)
  • 1:48 Male Joker (Ben Diskin)
  • 4:46 Male Rebel (Keith Silverstein)
  • 7:33 Male Rookie (Bryce Papenbrook)
  • 9:50 Male Studious (Robbie Daymond)
  • 11:53 Male Classic (Adam Howden)
  • 13:49 Male Warrior (Dan Woren)
  • 16:22 Female Heroic (Tara Platt)
  • 18:47 Female Independent (Kira Buckland)
  • 20:48 Female Joker (Kate Higgins)
  • 23:47 Female Mature (Mary Elizabeth McGlynn)
  • 25:53 Female Peppy (Cristina Valenzuela)
  • 28:38 Female Classic (Carina Reeves)
  • 31:05 Female Soldier (Erin Fitzgerald)

I will say, if the game keeps up, it will probably my #1 FE.

And honestly, i really don't see the ''bad map design'' arguement that keeps getting thrown around at all
Some of the Maps i played so far as are some of my fav. series wide
Battle of Eagle & Lion and Gareg March conquest definetly make it in my top 10 fav. Maps

And there's no truely bad map that really pissed me off, so far.

Reached Time skip btw, chose to PROTECC you know who xD

Ahahaha, this is rich.

I was playing Skyrim, getting near a bandit camp. There were two mammoths walking nearby. I got close enough to aggro the bandits... who, having spellcasters and archers, promptly hit the mammoths trying to get at me. Their fates were sealed. lol

It got better, since the whole place was built up against a hill, it means the place had this giant stone stairs. So the mammoths were pretty much going up the stairs too, barely wide for them; but they managed. It was a very amusing scene. XD

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

The man has some incredible range because when I think Hayato, Ben Diskin does not come to mind.

The English VAs are all incredibly talented, I think.
And yes, Ben Diskin is great!

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Zeus is real and totally pissed at you!" *Fires the Voltaic Tusk*

Ben Diskin is also arguably the best VA for Male Cross in XCX. He really put his personality into the Joker voice, for the Skell lines in particular.

• 0:00 Male Heroic (Yuri Lowenthal)
  • 1:48 Male Joker (Ben Diskin)
  • 4:46 Male Rebel (Keith Silverstein)
  • 7:33 Male Rookie (Bryce Papenbrook)
  • 9:50 Male Studious (Robbie Daymond)
  • 11:53 Male Classic (Adam Howden)
  • 13:49 Male Warrior (Dan Woren)
  • 16:22 Female Heroic (Tara Platt)
  • 18:47 Female Independent (Kira Buckland)
  • 20:48 Female Joker (Kate Higgins)
  • 23:47 Female Mature (Mary Elizabeth McGlynn)
  • 25:53 Female Peppy (Cristina Valenzuela)
  • 28:38 Female Classic (Carina Reeves)
  • 31:05 Female Soldier (Erin Fitzgerald)

Nice!

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I will say, if the game keeps up, it will probably my #1 FE.

And honestly, i really don't see the ''bad map design'' arguement that keeps getting thrown around at all
Some of the Maps i played so far as are some of my fav. series wide
Battle of Eagle & Lion and Gareg March conquest definetly make it in my top 10 fav. Maps

And there's no truely bad map that really pissed me off, so far.

I LOVE the map design in this game, actually. It reminded me a lot of Radiant Dawn. There was really only one map where I was like "alright, this is a bit... ehhh".

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Reached Time skip btw, chose to PROTECC you know who xD

Crimson Flower time!

---

My Golden Deer run be like:
Enemy: "We have an army!"
Me: "I have Hilda."
*Hilda proceeds to nearly solo map*

That's what it's come down to by now, one chapter before the time skip. I can just have Lysithea Warp Hilda into the middle of the enemy army, end the turn, get some food or do other stuff, come back and begin my next one with every enemy in her vicinity dead (except Archers because those out-range her. But they do 0 damage, so it's fine) and all Claude and Byleth, the only other competent combat units I have, need to do is clean up what's left that wasn't in her range. It's glorious. 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I LOVE the map design in this game, actually. It reminded me a lot of Radiant Dawn. There was really only one map where I was like "alright, this is a bit... ehhh".

Definerly Tellius Maps yup! And guess what my (ex?) fav game in the series is. FE16 is like a love child between Tellius and Jugdral.

Spoiler

Also first map after time skip is kicking my ass. Either i am to slow or Leonie's Squad kicks my ass hard. Or Brave Bow Ignatz. Although Leonie appearing in Turn 3 is kinda  bs. How fast do you expect the Player to be xD.

Also, killing Leonie kinda hurts. She wants to avenge Jeralt, and Byleth is working with those who worked with Jeralt's Killers...

Are we the Baddies?

Edelgard Crest Weapon op btw xD. Free Galeforce!

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also first map after time skip is kicking my ass.

If it's any consolation, the first post-timeskip map on non-Crimson Flower routes is pretty damn bad as well. Which isn't helped by the fact that you only have access to the students from your initial house (you start with Seteth/Dimitri/Claude [depending on route] and Byleth) due to each house having at least one unit who's just... not good, and even then, most of them don't spawn until a few turns in, while the remainder require getting a ways in; it's less bad for the Blue Lions since Mercie comes early, but the other classes don't get their main healers until you get a ways in, by which point the hard part of the map is over.

Edited by Shadow Mir

My major problem with 3H map design, besides 1-11 being the same regardless of route, is the nonaggression of the enemies. Fend off the first wave, and usually thats it, the rest is yours to pick apart as you want to, they won't budge an inch barring reinforcements if you don't move into their range. Sure I could just try to find ways to plow forward faster to create challenge, and this is nothing exclusive to 3H, but it made things feel a bit boring that I just ignore swathes of map later on.

Nonetheless, I'm on my third playthrough of the game, if just to experience them all. Made to the BL timeskip.

IMG-1795.jpg

Mira Survey 100.00% Complete! 

And yes, those lights reflecting off my TV's side are Christmas lights.

I wrapped up every last Heart-to-Heart, they were nice. Turns out Phog is afraid of going up to shopkeepers and buying things, he is sooooooooo Asperger's Syndrome mildly autistic like me! A rare bird of the same feather.🙃 I have to like him more for this. 

After doing Doug's HtHs, I discovered with only Elma's HtHs and two Affinity Missions left that I was missing something for two hexes. Turned out from an online guide that the Divine Nopopon appears in NLA after you've done its titular quest, but only for the few hours labeled "late night". Talking to Nopopon, they revealed bothered by a gecko-skinned creature who captured it and did electrical tests on it, he asked me how to smite the menace, and the two choices revealed the menace was a Ma-non. My recommend form of smiting?🍕🍕🍕 It actually worked talking to Nopopon again. This filled one hex.

The other hex required I finish Lionheart, so I went and did that mission. Nine level 50 Wrothian Caladars later, three fought on foot to remind myself of ground combat, and the mission was done, short and not bad. The normal mission unlocked from Lionheart involved a Wrothian hounding an NLA human woman and pointing a sword at her. No biggie, the Wrothian only want a sword as a kitchen knife and to learn the arts of cooking delicious food.🍛🍲🍗 Wrothians are boring warriors who eat only to live and fight, but now one is a chef.

After this was Elma's HtHs I noticed SPOILERS:

Spoiler

Her language when referring to humanity was hinting at the fact she's a xeno. 

The fifth and final Heart-to-Heart for Elma has one dialogue choice whose second answer differs based on whether you finished Chapter 12 or not:

Inquire: Ask why Elma was given such special treatment.

Before Chapter 12:

Elma
"That's actually a bit…tricky."
"Perhaps once we've secured the Lifehold Core, I can take the time to do the explanation justice."
"Besides, this is no time to reminisce about the past."
"I know you have missions of your own to pursue."
"Now let's both get out there and do our best."
(END)

After Chapter 12:

Elma
"I assume you know why I get "special treatment" now."
"It's because my true nature has to be concealed from the general public."
"True, I'm using a mimeosome like everyone else, so the odds of my being discovered are quite low."
"However, my knowledge of Earth culture and customs isn't exactly...flawless."
"While my appearance is unlikely to betray me, my lack of knowledge and experience very well could."
"That's why I was allowed to form a team composed only of those I trusted."
"Not to say I don't trust Irina—I just knew her talents could be put to better use elsewhere."
"Well, that's enough about me. We should get going."
"After all, we've both got a great deal to accomplish for the good of New LA."
(END)

Definitely best saved for after Chapter 12.

And then, the finale was Elma's second Affinity Mission. It was touching, and looped the game back to the very beginning when Elma spoke of standing now at the same location, the one where on her very first venture on Mira, she in her Skell looked back at NLA as the sun was setting.

The level 60 Ictus was a fun fight, but the subsequent one against two level 80 Sphinxes, very large creatures, took too long. I parked my Skell too far away for me to want to run to it. Most of my attacks missed based purely on the enemies having more Evasion than I Accuracy. But thanks to Reflect and TP Overdrive + augments, I maintained an invincible Overdrive the whole time and killed the beasts. Definitely the hardest Affinity Mission in the game though. Ghost Factory obtained for Cross! And, a worthy final mission as I had arranged it.

I immediately saved and returned to BLADE Barracks, where I was greeted by the above image. After that, I was greeted with this image just so happening to have Chapter 12 SPOILERS! in it:

Spoiler

IMG-1796.jpg

Elma, "the entire planet"? 

No, you haven't been back to Lifehold Core yet, have you, Colonel? Mira has been surveyed, but true knowledge of this planet has yet to be discovered.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Interdimensional Observer

I got back to TearRing Saga today.

Finished the tower, the Holmes maps were easily warpskippable, including the really awful swamp map I assumed you talked about. Chapter 34 was relatively smooth. I had a hell of a time with Chapter 35. I thought it was seize at first, then I realized it was rout. I was incredibly frustrated with this chapter, as I had summoned Golems to distract him, but with them and the Gladiators he wouldn't stand still, and when I could attack him, my hit fluctuated madly on him for reasons I don't know. I did not have fun with this chapter at all, i had no idea why some turns I could hit him fine, and others I had 0 hit on him.
Chapter 36 was fine. 
And now I might be semi-stuck on chapter 37. Because I have no clue how to deal with these 3 rows of Dragons in the middle of the map.

Now that I've completed my Star Wars movie marathon, here's my ranking. From worst to best.

• 8. Attack of the Clones
  • 7. Phantom Menace
  • *BIG QUALITY GAP*
  • 6. Return of the Jedi
  • 5. Revenge of the Sith
  • 4. The Force Awakens
  • 3. The Last Jedi
  • 2. A New Hope
  • 1. The Empire Strikes Back
21 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Went through nearly all the Heart-to-Hearts in XCX, not bad, definitely shorter and less dynamic than XC2's partly because you only have one person who speaks in the conversation b/c Cross is silent barring choices.

And Xenoblade 1's Heart-to-Hearts are much the same way, so it's kinda gonna feel a bit of a downgrade coming from Xenoblade 2. Unless the Bionis Shoulder has party-wide Heart-to-Hearts.

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I don't think the maps are badly designed but there's definitly a lot of reusage. There's more to the maps than just "field with a bridge" so it's not quite the same probelm as Echoes but i'ts there.

Edelgard Crest Weapon op btw xD. Free Galeforce!

FYI, the stuff you need to repair it can only be found in one chapter. So if you break Amyr, you have once chance to repair it. 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IMG-1795.jpg

Mira Survey 100.00% Complete!

Nice! Gotta say, i find it very wholesome when we get group shots of a game's cast like this.

So according to Nintendo

EMGOH1cWkAAclJx?format=jpg&name=900x900

I really should finish Valkyria Chronicles

EMGOIFPW4AEjerJ?format=jpg&name=medium

521 hours of playtime this year huh? That's only 45 more hours than the number of hours i've invested in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

EMGOIUQWwAIbeeG?format=jpg&name=900x900

July-August makes sense, because of me playing through Three Houses four times in a row.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

If it's any consolation, the first post-timeskip map on non-Crimson Flower routes is pretty damn bad as well.

I wouldn't say the map was bad per se, but the reinforcements were like 2 turns to early, but well...

the game wanted me to get the whole Map in 3 turns, then...

Spoiler

V9tO5k6.jpg

I shall use my Conquest Lunatic Skills to finish it in 3 turns. Chests included.

Spoiler

Leonie as well. Sadly (?) Ignatz stayed alive...

yes, i am being super blood thirsty xD

don't think the maps are badly designed but there's definitly a lot of reusage.

Maybe because i only do Story/Paralogue battles i don't see it (And maybe that is also the reason i am finding the game quite challenging compared to others? I don't do any auxillary/quest battles or whatever they are called)

FYI, the stuff you need to repair it can only be found in one chapter. So if you break Amyr, you have once chance to repair it. 

...good to know. I already had to use 8 uses to finish that Map in 3 Turns with getting all the chests before the reinforcements or Brave Bow dude wreck me...

Also, can i say again the game reminds me alot of FE4? I mean, look at those Numbers

Definelty a fight of Holy Weapon holders.

Truely Tellius x Jugdral...

I need to make a meme...

Maybe tomorrow because i played until 3 am...

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I wouldn't say the map was bad per se, but the reinforcements were like 2 turns to early, but well...

I cannot think of anything to ask, so... what are your units' classes?

Well, thought Mission 10 would be a pain, due to all the false IFF signals... but surprisingly, it was easier to spot the actual planes to know which target to attack. I remember years ago being difficult to me. Also made sure to head straight for the farthest transport planes, so I wouldn't worry of them getting near the map's edge.

For a moment I thought I chose wrong during the coin flip... haha, wasn't looking forward to Four Horsemen right now; but I chose "correctly". Not worrying about that this playthrough. Now if only I remembered the transition to Mission 11 was another no plane switch one. At least I'm not as disadvantaged than back in Mission 6. Man...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

I cannot think of anything to ask, so... what are your units' classes?

Spoiler

Edelgard - Warrior

Hubie - Warlock

Dorothea - Warlock

Bernie - Peg

Petra - Wyvern

Byleth - Enlightend One

Ferdie - Paladin

Shamir - Sniper

Lynhardt and Manuella - promoted White Mage

Caspar - Promoted Punch dude 

On the other hand, I won't have the amusement of seeing the Yuke terrorists throw TV's, sofas, and even fried chicken (seriously) when on the run from the Osean cops. Or the latter's witty comments. Gotta love the cop that brings the anti-tank rifle to work.

Playing Nights of Azure yesterday when suddenly...

8CxBtmJ.jpg

What are you doing here, Rhea?

Jokes aside, that thing right there is my favorite boss in the game. Tough as nails, the third hardest in the game, I'd say, but oh so much fun.
With an awesome theme to boot.

For anyone wondering what happened to the LP:

There are two reasons why I haven't updated it in a while.

Reason number one: I forgot to take screenshots for a major section of the game and only realized after overwriting my save file, meaning I'd have to start all over again.
Reason number two: The action-based gameplay and rather extensive story translate poorly to the screenshots.

Edited by DragonFlames