The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

On 1/6/2020 at 8:58 AM, Shrimperor said:

Anyway, on another topic

tfw you wanted to make Ashe dancer, but he is so uncharming, he didn't win the competition...

Time for Fish Girl in reserve xD

TBF; a lot of the units the people on this site recommend for the dancer have shit for charm, which leads me to shoot them down with an RPG (I've seen Lorenz, Ignatz, Caspar, Linhardt, Ashe, and Raphael recommended. All of them are too uncharming, period). 

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

In FE7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, Crimson Flower and Blue Lions my MVP has always been a pegasus unit. 

(well, Marcia always becomes MVP in FE10 because I gave 99% of the kills in 2-3 to her) 

Idk if Karin will become my MVP in my FE5. However of all units she has got the best level ups yet. Over 80% strength growth is pretty cool for a flyer in FE5. 

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames so i just checked the Switch eShop and idk if this is just for North America but the Atelier Dusk DX trilogy is up for pre-purchase. If you pre-purchase any of them, you're able to get it for 10% off ($35 instead of $40). Just thought i'd let you know.

Thanks for letting me know!

11 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ingrid keeps being awesome

20200113_015853.jpg

Holy crap! That is one busted Ingrid.

---

So... Flayn currently has more Magic than Lysithea. Something is definitely NOT normal... Lys even has Magic+2 equipped and Flayn's is still better.

bHUf9ZF.jpg
myQ4ZRB.jpg

And this is the instrument of everyone's destruction while we're at it:

806dTKr.jpg

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

FE Fanbase: Pegasi shouldn't be used for combat much.

Shrimpy: drop it

5WWC4Ly.gif

Can we add my Leonie to this?
The girl went from bench material to great unit in the blink of an eye. Ever since I made her Pegasus Knight (now Falcon), she's been amazing. What a redemption.

eyTjlar.jpg

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

What happen?

Got Wyvern'd and Ballista'd

3 hours ago, Zemuria said:

Idk if Karin will become my MVP in my FE5.

She and Ferghus were mine in FE5 iirc. They are both super fast, support each other and even get support from Leif iirc (not sure about that last one), which basically made every enemy have 1 hit on them

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

So... Flayn currently has more Magic than Lysithea. Something is definitely NOT normal... Lys even has Magic+2 equipped and Flayn's is still better.

looks at speed

Yup, 19 SPD seems seems Flayn-ish. I guess she really needs some Pegasi levels to get some speed + Dating blow, but that 8 STR though

Oh i see you already have Darting blow

Also, why are you still using Seiros Magic Corps Battalion xD

I have her with some B Magic Battalion for extra pew pew pew

not enough Authority?

Also, that 42 SPD Leonie.

Time to eat something then conquer the Imperial Capital and defeat her Imperial Waifuness!

Edited by Shrimperor

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

TBF; a lot of the units the people on this site recommend for the dancer have shit for charm, which leads me to shoot them down with an RPG (I've seen Lorenz, Ignatz, Caspar, Linhardt, Ashe, and Raphael recommended. All of them are too uncharming, period). 

The charm requirement is really not that hard to get.
If you really want to make them a dancer all it takes is a few tea times and the 5 points they get from the practice
Chill out now.

3 minutes ago, Caster said:

If you really want to make them a dancer all it takes is a few tea times and the 5 points they get from the practice

I mean

I wanted to make Ashe a dancer and did just that

he failed

Thankfully, i might add, because he is amazing as a Bow Knight atm

Also, Perfect Tea times don't always guarantee Cha increase.

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean

I wanted to make Ashe a dancer and did just that

he failed

Thankfully, i might add, because he is amazing as a Bow Knight atm

Also, Perfect Tea times don't always guarantee Cha increase.

I know it doesn't.
I am saying, it's still not much effort. The charm needed is always the same, and it isn't very big. And you get a free +5.
I'm saying it's not a big investment if you want to.

10 minutes ago, Caster said:

The charm needed is always the same

It's not actually

I had the recommended Cha for Ashe.

The higher the Cha, the higher the chance for you to win (and i am certain at a certain cha it becomes 100%)

but i've read stories of people having a unit with a bit higher than rec. Cha who still lost

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's not actually

I had the recommended Cha for Ashe.

The higher the Cha, the higher the chance for you to win (and i am certain at a certain cha it becomes 100%)

but i've read stories of people having a unit with a bit higher than rec. Cha who still lost

Do you have any videos?
I've never seen anyone with the recommended charm fail.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I've just never heard of it, so.

Edited by Caster

6 minutes ago, Caster said:

Do you have any videos?

i don't

i've seen people on reddit report the same though

https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/cspiz5/13_cha_for_dancer_didnt_work/

Some say you need 1 more, while others say they failed even with 15 Cha

59 minutes ago, Caster said:

Chill out now.

I remember seeing a video where the creator discussed dancer candidates. He said he had reports of other people losing despite having 13 charm, and recommended something in the vein of 16 or 17 charm instead. Anyway, the fact remains that I'm forced to divert resources I could have put to better use on those units just for them to have a chance of winning, which is no bueno.

End of the Holy War, 1185, colorized

Spoiler

lvokUBy.jpg
TyhtHkO.jpg
qgsLVFZ.jpg
Hq9y0Qy.jpg

Oh man, that was an epic final map. FINALLY. Because SS's and CF's were bleh. This one here always kept me on edge, there were no stupid movement reducing tiles, and the enemies were pretty strong, without them being crit machines or 40+ AS Pegasi reinforcements.

Now, onto my thoughts for Blue Lions/Azure Moon.

As i said before, i liked that class quite a bit more than Black Eagles. However, post time skip BL didn't grow on me as much as Black Eagles did. Maybe because they were good already?

The weak point though....

Dimitri...

Hot take, i know.

Spoiler

I really didn't enjoy his edgy ride, and the sudden tonal whiplash that followed. Really took me out of it for a bit. I complained about this before, but i feel like his class should be involved in the ''redemption scene'' more...

Atleast not all of his class were willing to follow his edgy ride silently. Special salutes for Felix, Annette and Sylvain for some opposition.

Speaking about said edgy ride, i think the game came a bit short here. The game kept saying how he is a monster and stuff...

but aren't most of those he killed people he killed in battle? 

Except for the Randolph Scene, there Dimitri really was a monster.

Also, some war logistics are kinda farfetched. Like Dimitri retreating after Gronder and then going to the Kingdom should've given Edelgard some breathing room, but it seem like it didn't, and Dimitri was able to go to the Kingdom, kick Empire's Ass there and then come back to the Empire. Can happen, but a bit farfetched.

Another thing that is farfetched is the Golden Deer and Kingdom fighting at gronder and not teaming up against her Imperial Waifuness. Then again, considering his edgy Kingliness was super edgy at that moment, and that Floche killed the Messengers.......

yeah, not thaaaaaaaaaat farfetched, still had to wrap my head around it a bit.

Dimitri's VA was 10/10 though.

Now, while i may have my problems with the first half of Part 2, i liked the 2nd half quite a bit more. Especially the last 3 maps were extra fun, super though despite my op units, and well, Azure Moon's final map was the best final one, so far.

Spoiler

I really really loved the heart to heard scene with Edelgard before ch. 21. And it shows exactly why i can't agree with Edel's Methods. One should look to the future, yes, but one shouldn't look to far lest they forget the present.

One shouldn't also be stuck in the past either.

So, so far:

Classes: Blue Lions > Black Eagles

Lords (and yes, Seteth is one 😛) : Seteth > Edelgard > Dimitri

Routes: Crimson Flower > Azure Moon = Silver Snow.

Also, now that we got a final map i loved...changes something in profile settings

Now, to Golden Memes! I've been looking forward to this, alooooooooooooooooooot. Hopefully it answers the questions i have, as i heard it is the lore route.

7 hours ago, Caster said:

Do you have any videos?

I've failed with 14 charm before.

The game recommends 13

Edited by Nobody

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

She and Ferghus were mine in FE5 iirc. They are both super fast, support each other and even get support from Leif iirc (not sure about that last one), which basically made every enemy have 1 hit on them

wlFtNmm.png

Statwise she is the MVP.

Though since I gave her the paragon scroll from chapter 6 she killed way less to become that great.

Also congrats to beating Three Houses!

I considered Blue Lions as the hardest route because of the hardest final map and the overall "weakest" lord.

The only route I could not beat in maddening.

Also once I am done with my FE5 LP which will last till early spring at least, I would like to play FE9 on maniac.

It always has been my wish since I find default FE9 too easy and so too boring after while.

Hopefully my (better) PC laptop can run Dolphin.

With my former devices I only had terrible experience with this programm.

6 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Also congrats to beating Three Houses!

Thanks^^

Golden Deer still to go though 😄

6 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

overall "weakest" lord.

That was not my experience, at all. My Dimitri was atleast 3 times as strong as my Edelgard. He legit made Ike look like Micaiah xD

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Reaches final Map

Hide contents

>30 Range Edelgard

>Thracia Magic that cuts HP to 1

>Sorrounded

>Siege tomes everywhere

>Killer Gauntlets

>Edelgard can act twice in the same turn

>Edelgard has Vantage, Wrath and Desperation

tenor.gif

Ahahaha, this was more or less me when I reached the last map in SRW Alpha... good times...

Well, I consider Dimitri worse than Edelgard in maddening since Edelgard - despite having a worse promotion - has easier access to become a flyer than Dimitri.

Also Dimitri was mage-breakfast in earlygame and unlike Edelgard he was not able to oneshot enemies.

That said it might be different in hard since I have not played CF in hard yet (only normal and maddening).

Edit: It's undoubtful that Claude is the worst lord pre-timeskip, but his promotion makes him that absurdly good that he's by far ahead of the other two. He and Lysithea trivialized maddening for me.

Also GD is easiest route because best party and easiest final boss.

Edited by Zemuria

I feel like you had a bad Dimitri since he was bar none my best unit in maddening.

Dimitri is one of my favorite lords... I personally like his arc. I understand why others don't... but I also feel like I relate to him... more than I should. 
I feel like there are valid complaints, but I relate and care about this character too much, I'm fine with it not being perfect.
But that's just me!

I've started Luigi's Mansion 3. Mixing in a non-RPG into my lineup lightens things. I never finished Dark Moon b/c annoying ice boss, but I still enjoyed it.

The charm of the little series is well alive, and I can see hybridity between LM1 and DM's styles. It's a slow crawl much of the time like DM as I hunt for every bit of money and gems (those few you simply can't find!), but the curious crawl is its way enjoyable in bursts every now and then.

I like the technical improvements provided by the Switch, and the attention to minor details that inevitably and sadly get sucked into the Poltergeist G-00; thus the rooms are denuded of their character. Nonetheless, it reminds me how LM1 was partly a GameCube tech demo, in a good way.

18 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

looks at speed

Yup, 19 SPD seems seems Flayn-ish. I guess she really needs some Pegasi levels to get some speed + Dating blow, but that 8 STR though

Oh i see you already have Darting blow

Also, why are you still using Seiros Magic Corps Battalion xD

I have her with some B Magic Battalion for extra pew pew pew

not enough Authority?

Also, that 42 SPD Leonie.

About Flayn: Getting Darting Blow on her is easy, actually, despite the 8 STR. Just reclass her to Pegasus, then have her be an adjutant until she masters it, then go back to her Magic using classes. As an added bonus, she won't gain many levels, so you can get her to B+/A in the Magic rank you want through instruct and reclass her once she hits 20, thus gain advantage of the increased class growths and better class skills sooner. The third advantage to this is that you can have two characters master a class in the time it takes for one of the two to master one. Just make sure to make her the adjutant to a unit that sees a lot of combat and you're fine like this.

About Flayn's Authority: Yes, due to me wanting to make her a Gremory from the get go, I didn't have many opportunities to train her in Authority. She finally hit A-rank one chapter ago, however, so now she's running around with the Cethleann's Priestesses battallion.

About Leonie: She's my fastest unit right now. I only wish her damage output was a little higher. She can't one round many opponents, which can be a bit annoying. As you can see, she's also not the sturdiest, so I have to be careful with how I use her. I still feel like making her Falcon Knight was worth it. As I said, before I decided to go Pegasus with her, she was bench material.

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Reaches final Map

Reveal hidden contents

>30 Range Edelgard

>Thracia Magic that cuts HP to 1

>Sorrounded

>Siege tomes everywhere

>Killer Gauntlets

>Edelgard can act twice in the same turn

>Edelgard has Vantage, Wrath and Desperation

tenor.gif

My exact reaction. XD

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, now that we got a final map i loved...changes something in profile settings

Now, to Golden Memes! I've been looking forward to this, alooooooooooooooooooot. Hopefully it answers the questions i have, as i heard it is the lore route.

We got 'im, boys!

Congrats on finishing Blue Lions. I find myself agreeing with a lot of the points you made, as well.
Also, shoutouts to best lord Seteth!

Did you get Annette's S-support like you wanted? Or did you ultimately decide on someone else?

Edited by DragonFlames

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Did you get Annette's S-support like you wanted? Or did you ultimately decide on someone else?

Yup yup

Cute ❤️

Anyway, time to hype myself for the Battle and Eagle and Lion again, even if it will take me like 10 hours until i reach there xD

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, shoutouts to best lord Seteth!

He is such a total bro. From the three so far, he is the only one i feel i can follow without feeling guilty

Spoiler

I am not hellbent on world domination (no matter the ideals) or edgy revenge rides tyvm xD

His supports also makes me think that Fodlan would've been a much better place if he was in charge instead of Rhea

Edited by Shrimperor